We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

Question on selling things. I haven't sold anything yet but would I be right in thinking I only need to retain one of each item, so I could sell some stuff to bring in some money. What would be the best thing to farm/sell

No, you only need to have it once. If there's an image in the Items section (even if it's blackened) it'll count. 

As for farming/selling, it depends where you are. During the next checkpoint you'll enter the Underground ruins, which is a great spot to farm Filthy Liquid and Clear Liquid from those purple enemies. Everytime you kill them with Karna, Ozma, Calilica, and Duren, they split into 2 lesser varients. It's also a good place to upgrade skills. You can exchange Filthy Liquids for Clear Liquids and Clear Liquids for Slime Molds in Danan. Slime Molds can be used to quickly upgrade 5 weapon and armour stats to the max at the same time. They can also be sold for 900 gold each, 

Edit:

Forgot to mention that if you kil them with Adol or Frieda, the enemies will die and not split into lesser enemies, because they're weak to Slash damage.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Regarding items in shops do they stay the same? I don't think I had enough cash to buy everything can i come back to these stores later?

Progress wise I've beaten the place with Karna in the village and i'm in the second village now. I forgot the names of places maybe its Selray.

Edited by Superbuu3

Regarding items in shops do they stay the same? I don't think I had enough cash to buy everything can i come back to these stores later?

Progress wise I've beaten the place with Karna in the village and i'm in the second village now. I forgot the names of places maybe its Selray.

Yeah they stay in the shop, although some shops get new equipment at certain parts of the game.

That's correct, the other village is called Selray.

I've finally reached checkpoint 3 (though I seem to be a couple of memories down). My stats are...

Map 44.1%

Memories 33.3%

Chests 29.9%

Harvest 46.1%

Hope the next checkpoint is a little closer!

Don't worry future checkpoints will be closer that only occurred this time as that part of the story is messy due to the branch. I didn't want to dictate which way people went, would seem a bit mean to put constraint on something thats meant to be fun. Seems everyoe's hitting the checkpoint so i'll likely put the next one up by sunday.

Don't worry future checkpoints will be closer that only occurred this time as that part of the story is messy due to the branch. I didn't want to dictate which way people went, would seem a bit mean to put constraint on something thats meant to be fun. Seems everyoe's hitting the checkpoint so i'll likely put the next one up by sunday,

My wish for closer checkpoints was aimed at the game, not you, like sometimes you wish a chapter of a book would be a bit shorter.

Really enjoying this so far though near identicle story events in the two villages lets it down a little. 

• Like 1

My Vita is getting sad, is it time for a new checkpoint

Ok will do, if anyone wants to make dicussion points about checkpoint 3 feel free, I'm still behind. Otherwise give me a day or so and I'll get something up.

Checkpoint 4 - Reach the Primeval Lands

Go through the Underground Ruins and reach the Primeval Lands :bronze:Closer to the Truth.

No missables.

Also a quick shout out to Floriiss for creating the banner for the group, his request thread is here.

Edited by Superbuu3

Ok will do, if anyone wants to make dicussion points about checkpoint 3 feel free, I'm still behind. Otherwise give me a day or so and I'll get something up.

Checkpoint 4 - Reach the Primeval Lands

Go through the Underground Ruins and reach the Primeval Lands :bronze:Closer to the Truth.

Also a quick shout out to Floriiss for creating the banner for the group, his request thread is here.

Nice banner. Maybe you should also mention that no new missable stuff will unlock during the checkpoint if they already played up to the Selray revisit.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I didn't reach checkpoint 3 yet (only 4/13 did, or so the first post says). sweatdrop.gif But are we going to advance to the next checkpoint everytime someone asks it? gonk.gif

Na, I won't normally I also didn't update teh first post >_>.

I thought i'd give a short checkpoint so people don't have to wait, it looks to me like its just short journey probably will take like 30 minutes. Personally I've only cleared one town. I need to still do the other.

Thanks for reminding me though i'll tidy up the first post... Actually I need to do that on every thread :(.

EDIT: ok so by my count 6 people cleared checkpoint 3, Hopefully we can get that up to 9 in a few days. until then I don't really want to move too far ahead.

Edited by Superbuu3

When people reach checkpoint 4, you should have explored almost the entire map east of the river (the regions Beast Plains, Forest of Dawn, Gidona Crater, and Algon River Basin). The only 2 places you can't access yet are the Nameless Ruin and the Forest of Dawn East where Foria-Daros is. If you're missing some maps, you can check the Ys complementary guide. It also shows all the chests and resource points. Btw I referred to the area where Foria-Daros is as East 4 in the guide.

• Like 2

Checkpoint 4 Reached - I actually forgot that Plateau Path is already part of Primeval Lands therefore I explored a little in that area >_<:

Map Completion - 49.1%

Memories Found - 44.4% (found one in Plateau Path)

Chests Found - 36.6%

Harvest Point - 58.7%

Item Completion - 34.8%

Info bought from Mouse: 4

Zara tickle - 3

Hey guys, I had a family emergency so couldn't play or keep up with posts. Everything is much better. Checkpoint 3 is completed. This game is a hidden gem. Really great n loving the story.

Map 46.1%

Memories 38.8%

Chests 31.2%

Harvest points 53.8%

Items 31.3%

Some of you have more map than me gets me worried bc I didn't think I missed anything. I'll see where I might have missed something. Hmmmm...

Now to try to catchup with bioshock we play.

Hey guys, I had a family emergency so couldn't play or keep up with posts. Everything is much better. Checkpoint 3 is completed. This game is a hidden gem. Really great n loving the story.

Map 46.1%

Memories 38.8%

Chests 31.2%

Harvest points 53.8%

Items 31.3%

Some of you have more map than me gets me worried bc I didn't think I missed anything. I'll see where I might have missed something. Hmmmm...

Now to try to catchup with bioshock we play.

You can check the Ys complementary guide to see if you missed any areas.

• Like 1

I keep forgetting about this thread. Im subscribed to it but I dont get updates or anything. Maybe I will keep a tab open. I actually played a bit today and got further. Oops. Very close to getting the plat now and not sure if I can wait. :(

I saw one chest in the ruins seems to be higher than couldn't get to, anyone else

There are 2 of those chests. I think it's the one where you have to use the Dwarf Bracelet and use a mouse hole. Could you snap a screenshot of the chest location and post it? 

Edited by Dragon-Archon