Your PSNP rivalry stories...

Alright, so I looked and there wasn't a similar topic I could find, granted I only looked for about 50 seconds, but even still, anyway, if this already exists, you know the drill, link the original post, lock this post, move along, move along.

Anyway, so those of you following me, who am I kidding, no one cares what I do, anyway, if you've seen a bunch of the stuff I've written here, you'd have seen me go from trophy whore, to trophy hunter (I consider them different, whores being the ones who do anything for trophies, ie Hannah Montana, and hunters being those who just want  the trophies from games they actually enjoy), to someone entirely apathetic to the idea of trophies, back to a hunter a little bit, and now kind of teeter tottering between the last two.

One thing that I've always enjoyed, regardless of my current stance on trophies, is the leaderboards of this site. I've never really gotten sucked into them, but I do enjoy watching myself go up or seeing where I stand in comparison to my friends and whatnot. Sometimes I'll go a few days or a week or so without getting any trophies and watch my guy fall down the leaderboards, and some times I'll get a couple of plats in a couple of days and jump right back up. Not gonna lie, seeing myself in the top 150 of anything in my country does give me a little bit of weird pride. 

So with that in mind, obviously, it would lead to me being at least a little bit competitive.

Now, when you're where I am on the leaderboard of your country, and I'm not saying I'm good or bragging in anyway, but when you're where I am, there's not all that many new people who come out of nowhere, you get familiar with most of the names of the people who are in your area, I could probably name at least half the people in the top 100 - 150 of Australia just because my ego demands I check my place in the leaderboard several times a day.

Now, the competitive, and main part of this post.

Rivalries. I've had one for the last few weeks, not the first, definitely not the last, but this guy has kept up with me longer than most of my previous competitors. See, right now, I'm equal placed on my country's leaderboards with someone on this site named ph0nix123 (if anyone reading this knows them, please tag them, because why not?) and for the last few weeks, I've not really done all that much in terms of trophies, but we keep piggy backing eachother and it's kind of amusing. I use the term rivalry loosely, as I don't see this person as an actual rival, more as some friendly competition, but anyway.

So when I cracked into the top 150 a while back, I'm not entirely sure when, this person was nearby and what would happen, and has happened ever since I spotted them on the leaderboards, is one of us would get a plat or a bunch of trophies, and move up one or two spots, then the other would get some trophies and jump in front of them, and the back and forth has continued for at least a month or two now and it's genuinely fun to me.

Like right now, as I said, they've caught back up to me and I'm equal with them now, so I feel compelled to go get a quick 100% or something just to jump in front because I'm a dick like that, but I know, and hope, that they will catch back up so we can continue this "feud".

So, the point of this post, is for you to do what I just did, and post the story of you and your rival/s on this site, if you have one. I await fun tales! Good day!

Also, I can't really be bothered playing anything right now, so odds are by the time I finish this, they'll jump in front of me again and I'll be back to the pitiful place of 144th best in my country. Pfft, why bother, right?

• Like 1

One time, I joined a forum game hosted by a member called effdeegee, in which the object was to buy and play a randomly-assigned game.

Long story short, I couldn't / wouldn't play the game I was assigned, and eff got really mad and assigned me a lifetime ban on any and all games hosted by him on this site.

So if I had to pick a rival, effdeegee would be the closest to a rival of mine on this site.

• Like 1

One time, I joined a forum game hosted by a member called effdeegee, in which the object was to buy and play a randomly-assigned game.

Long story short, I couldn't / wouldn't play the game I was assigned, and eff got really mad and assigned me a lifetime ban on any and all games hosted by him on this site.

So if I had to pick a rival, effdeegee would be the closest to a rival of mine on this site.

Hahaha

Which game were you supposed to play?

I had a friendly rivalry with MrCostari. We used to compete for the leaderboard rankings and also did a competition to see which one of us would get plat #100 first. Unfortunately he quit trophy hunting and the friendly rivalry ended.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

A guy from this site once added me on PSN saying we could rival in terms of trophy level and %, but all this guy plays is shit easy games that can be done very fast. He's a completionist, too

I just told him I honestly couldn't give a shit about PSN level or % anyway, and deleted him after a month or so

And that, folks, is my amazing, indulging story 

I don't have any personal rivals but there were people on other sites I knew had accounts here that were much higher level than me. I wanted to see if I could tie them or pass them, but in the end I suppose it doesn't matter since they have much busier lives than me.

Everyone who competes against me in the PSNP Song Vote is my rival too. 

photo.jpg

• Like 1

I'd have my own personal Legion of Doom if hackers knew just how many of their kind I had a personal hand in getting removed.

^ - This - I especially love combing through the LBP2 leaderboard.

As for other rivalry, I've had a few trophy races (race to 3,000, race to 4,000 kind of thing) but that's about it.

Was guys called BuffaloBill-580 and EmmaSean who got me into trophy hunting. Think they had 23 and 10 platinums respectively when I started and was the friendly competition between the 3 of us that really made my early trophy hunting days. Sadly you can look up both profiles and see they have long been inactive but every now and again we still kill ourselves laughing talking about the fun we had boosting Red Dead Redemption.

I'm deffinately into this! My biggest rival is probably a friend of mine called Epeli82. The reason being we've been both hunting a long time. Personally I've been from the very beginning and I actually started over with a new account after I had 55 platinums and over 3000 trophies to seek a perfect account. My trophy list was an awful mess and I couldnt take it anymore ( so melodramatic ). I always say that if this guy can get a trophy I can get it too, because I know I'm better then him xD

In the leaderboards I have a lot of rivals, but I'm not gonna name anyone lol. I guess if anyone is into this shit they know who I'm talking about. I only go down in the rankings if I'm cleaning my backlog which can be very slow and doesnt always net a lot of trophies or if I'm hooked on Runescape again, happens every few years haha. There's not many people who can keep up with my gaming pace and the amount of trophies I earn so even if I have mounths of breaks I always climb back. A while ago I was amazed how slow people get trophies in the top 40 Finnish leaderboard when I was passing people like crazy.

• Like 1

Hey stoogebag, I'll have to make sure I keep an eye on the leaderboards - I'm sure you'll have me covered though... :)

HEEEEEEY! :D What's up man, welcome to the forums!

You got me so good last night. I was playing Eat Lead finally and got 9 or so trophies in that, got back in front of you, and then I went to crash at like midnight or so, I had a look on here because, I don't know why, and you were back in front by one bronze, I was quite bummed.

I've gotten a real life friend half into trophies recently and he's been following you and me on the leaderboards and I saw him today and he's basically told me to pick up my game. 

Congrats on the Borderlands plats you've got / about to get. I somehow doubt my ability to do all the stuff in those games, I played number 2 for probably 10-15 hours over the last few months and I've gotten like 10 trophies in total. Good effort there.

You've actually got a decent number of impressive plats I reckon, all in all, a worthy "rival" :)

...and it's been quite fun watching us piggyback eachother on the leaderboards for a while, hopefully we'll be piggybacking all the way to the top, or until one of us gets bored.