National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

For christs sake with the fucking patriots! Everyone brace yourselves for another pats undefeated season thanks to their cupcake schedule.

Unfortunately for a Patriot hater like yourself, Denver is now relying on Brock Osweiler who has a 0% chance to beat New England in 2 weeks. There is literally no team that can stop the Patriots for the remainder of the regular season.  

Unfortunately for a Patriot hater like yourself, Denver is now relying on Brock Osweiler who has a 0% chance to beat New England in 2 weeks. There is literally no team that can stop the Patriots for the remainder of the regular season.

I don't hate the Patriots, they are simply irritating. At least the Broncos are screwed so my Bengals have a good shot of getting the second seed.

I don't hate the Patriots, they are simply irritating. At least the Broncos are screwed so my Bengals have a good shot of getting the second seed.

I do.  They're such an easy team to hate I don't see how anyone outside of the Boston area can like them.  The same way I see everyone outside of my area hates the Seahawks.  Some teams are just hate-able and New England is the king.  They've had so many things go their way this year, from there piss easy schedule to pretty much every decent team they played coming in missing key players to Brady getting off clean because of loopholes and lawyer talk (no need to go off on me Lithium, I already know this is going to piss you off  :P  ) that I completely understand your exhaustion with them, and share it.  And, like Lithium said, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.  The Giants were the best chance of ending the potential for the undefeated season and they found a way to totally screw that up.  Now, it's up to the Denver defense to return to form and try to hold Brady down just enough for the offense to squeak by, which I just don't see happening.

I do.  They're such an easy team to hate I don't see how anyone outside of the Boston area can like them.  The same way I see everyone outside of my area hates the Seahawks.  Some teams are just hate-able and New England is the king.  They've had so many things go their way this year, from there piss easy schedule to pretty much every decent team they played coming in missing key players to Brady getting off clean because of loopholes and lawyer talk (no need to go off on me Lithium, I already know this is going to piss you off  :P  ) that I completely understand your exhaustion with them, and share it.  And, like Lithium said, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.  The Giants were the best chance of ending the potential for the undefeated season and they found a way to totally screw that up.  Now, it's up to the Denver defense to return to form and try to hold Brady down just enough for the offense to squeak by, which I just don't see happening.

I fucking hate the Pats. I disliked them but they way they won last night annoyed me. I know it was a great finish to a game but I just wanted to see Eli beat them again. Brady irritates me, don't like how good he is, even though they're against 'not good' teams this season. Guess I hate them because they're 9-0 but fuck them.

For christs sake with the fucking patriots! Everyone brace yourselves for another pats undefeated season thanks to their cupcake schedule.

But I tell ya what though, I guarantee the Pats are praying that the Giants either don't make the playoffs or Carolina finishes them off in the playoffs. Because the Giants totally have the Pats number for some reason.

I'm sorry, but the only team I hate are the Seahawks. We have the good Bob Christian quarterback who goes on Twitter and says his God wanted the Seahawks to win. Dosent say anything after a loss though. The trash talking Sherman, trash talking Chancellor, the dirty Bennett who also appears to be dumb as bricks, Cheat Carrol who almost gave USC the death penalty and left for the NFL after he knew he was fucked and the very annoying Earl Thomas.

I'm sorry, but the only team I hate are the Seahawks. We have the good Bob Christian quarterback who goes on Twitter and says his God wanted the Seahawks to win. Dosent say anything after a loss though. The trash talking Sherman, trash talking Chancellor, the dirty Bennett who also appears to be dumb as bricks, Cheat Carrol who almost gave USC the death penalty and left for the NFL after he knew he was fucked and the very annoying Earl Thomas.

I get it for everyone but Earl.  Why him?  Only thing that guy does is play hard.

I "like" the Bengals in terms of their team too. Skill-wise as individuals they are the best team in football, but that doesn't mean they can beat everyone. As a Packer fan at this point in time I honestly believe the Bengals are the only team that actually have a legitimate shot at stopping New England. With that being said I need to see how Dalton performs in the playoffs. He has been known to struggle. 

I get it for everyone but Earl.  Why him?  Only thing that guy does is play hard.

Im going to have to back up my LEAST favorite team in football here (Kinda). I actually enjoy players who talk trash, IF they can back it up. Sherman and Chancellor haven't been talking all that much lately, because they simply know they are struggling. Being as dominant as they once were, gives them the right to talk all they want. Muhammad Ali talked more than any sports player in history, but does anyone dislike him because of it? No. He is arguably the greatest boxer (And Athlete) of all time so he had the right. Plus, I don't see anything wrong with Earl, he never talked much. He let his play do the talking. I don't know much about Bennett. With that being said I really dislike Pete Carroll. I always thought he was an extremely overrated coach playing behind a once dominant squad. Honestly, he may be one of the main contributors to Seattle's slow start this year as much as Seattle fans probably won't admit. 

But I tell ya what though, I guarantee the Pats are praying that the Giants either don't make the playoffs or Carolina finishes them off in the playoffs. Because the Giants totally have the Pats number for some reason.

Hate on me if you want, but Carolina is still suspect to me. I know they are 9-0 but their schedule is probably the easiest out of the whole NFL. They beat a struggling Seattle and Green Bay team (Which were only somewhat impressive). Otherwise I have seen them struggling to hold onto their leads in crunch time. They almost blew the Packers and Colts games. Don't let record lie to you this team seems like a ticking time bomb ready to explode at any moment. I remember a couple years back when a 14-2 Falcons team that went to the playoffs and got handled quite easily in the first game. I don't know who is coming out of the NFC as of now, but I can almost guarantee it won't be the Panthers. 

Hate on me if you want, but Carolina is still suspect to me. I know they are 9-0 but their schedule is probably the easiest out of the whole NFL. They beat a struggling Seattle and Green Bay team (Which were only somewhat impressive). Otherwise I have seen them struggling to hold onto their leads in crunch time. They almost blew the Packers and Colts games. Don't let record lie to you this team seems like a ticking time bomb ready to explode at any moment. I remember a couple years back when a 14-2 Falcons team that went to the playoffs and got handled quite easily in the first game. I don't know who is coming out of the NFC as of now, but I can almost guarantee it won't be the Panthers. 

Oh no, I can totally see that, and I agree with you. I'm just going by the last time the Panthers and Giants played (even though it's been two years I think?). Personally I don't see the Giants making it very far regardless, I don't have faith in Coughlin's time management if it comes down to the wire. And only time will tell with the Panthers, like you said I can see them running out of steam where they can't afford it to.

Im going to have to back up my LEAST favorite team in football here (Kinda). I actually enjoy players who talk trash, IF they can back it up. Sherman and Chancellor haven't been talking all that much lately, because they simply know they are struggling. Being as dominant as they once were, gives them the right to talk all they want. Muhammad Ali talked more than any sports player in history, but does anyone dislike him because of it? No. He is arguably the greatest boxer (And Athlete) of all time so he had the right. Plus, I don't see anything wrong with Earl, he never talked much. He let his play do the talking. I don't know much about Bennett. With that being said I really dislike Pete Carroll. I always thought he was an extremely overrated coach playing behind a once dominant squad. Honestly, he may be one of the main contributors to Seattle's slow start this year as much as Seattle fans probably won't admit. 

Chancellor has never really been a huge trash talker.  He's had a couple moments but I've never thought of him the same way as Sherm or Baldwin (who I can't believe hasn't been mentioned).  Sherman hasn't been a loudmouth since the 2013 season.  He's matured a ton, had a kid and kind of shed that whole frame of mind, it just hasn't been noticed outside of the local fan-base because of how over the top he was before.  Bennett's a goof but if you listen to his brother you can tell it just kind of runs in the family.  The Earl hate baffles me.  The Carroll hate doesn't.

Carolina, despite being the beneficiaries of an easy schedule and division, has me convinced.  Simply because I've seen this before.  They're a carbon copy of the 2013 Hawks, right down to the chip on the shoulder.  Seattle has become passive and lost their intimidation factor and Carolina seems like they inherited it.  I could see that defense giving the Pats a rough time if they make it all the way.  Seattle has had to play them 4 times in the last 3 years and every time they were right on the cusp of losing, this year they finally did.  The Panthers are a tough team that likes to "ugly" games up.  When that's working for a team like it is for Carolina, it's really, really tough to beat.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I fucking hate the Pats. I disliked them but they way they won last night annoyed me. I know it was a great finish to a game but I just wanted to see Eli beat them again. Brady irritates me, don't like how good he is, even though they're against 'not good' teams this season. Guess I hate them because they're 9-0 but fuck them.

Everyone hates the Pats, even some Bostonians.  My dad is from Boston, loves the Sox, hates the Pats.  They're a bunch of cocky cheats, and big crybabies when they lose.  I do hate the Pats, for many reasons.  I admit that Belichick is a smart coach and Brady is a great QB, but he'd be just 'good' if he was on a sub-par team with average coaches.  Better QBs have played better with much less around them.  Simply take Belichick out of the equation and Brady wins 8-12 games a year, sometimes making the playoffs, sometimes not.  Belichick is the only reason he is as good as others perceive him.  Sadly we'll never see the truth as he'll be a Partiot until he retires, but I guarantee he could not go to another team and find the kind of success Peyton's had the last few years.

I love how it's the Giants too, cause of Eli.  Guess the universe thought it too cruel to make the Pats always beat both Manning brothers.  If only they hadn't fucked up this game.  Seriously, all they needed to do was run on 1st and 2nd down at the goal line and Brady wouldn't have been able to get down the field in time for the field goal.  Oh well.  Giants were only 10-6 (if I remember correctly) in 2007 and we all know what happened, so maybe... would be really funny too if they won the SB in 07, 11, and 15, 4 years apart, all 3 against the Pats.

Seattle has become passive and lost their intimidation factor and Carolina seems like they inherited it.  I could see that defense giving the Pats a rough time if they make it all the way.

I am hopeful that the Bengals and Panthers remain undefeated, if only to keep pace with the Pats.  I'd also LOVE to see an undefeated Bengals/Panthers Super Bowl.  I'd love it simply to watch those old Miami douchebags stewing angrily in their press box at Levi's Stadium knowing that no matter who wins, there's a new undefeated season even more impressive than there's back in '72.  Hell, I might just buy a ticket to the game and drive south a few miles to see it in person!  The scene of them popping champagne every time the last undefeated team loses really pisses me off.

Of course, under no circumstances would I be ok with the Pats being that team.  I'd gladly watch the champagne toast over seeing Brady hoist another Lombardi trophy.

Edited by Matto_lsi

Guys there is 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the Bengals-Texans game and I am disgusted at what I am seeing. A 8-0 team losing 10-6 to the Texans? Cmon man. If this is a sign of Andy Dalton going back to his old ways... Andy Dalton is throwing not only terrible passes, but getting away with so many non interceptions. He should easily have 3 or 4 picks by now and they should be getting blown out at home. Plus Eifert can't catch a damn ball to save his live. Brian Hoyer isn't even in the damn game anymore for the Texans. They had to bring in T.J Yates. 

Edit: R.I.P Bengals they just lost. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

That was pathetic.  It was like the Bengals were trying to lose.  This season is over.  All the teams with winning records have losing records in the last 3-4 weeks.  Might as well just give the Pats the SB win now and call the season a wash.  I can't believe professional players are this bad.  It's like watching high school ball out there.

That was pathetic.  It was like the Bengals were trying to lose.  This season is over.  All the teams with winning records have losing records in the last 3-4 weeks.  Might as well just give the Pats the SB win now and call the season a wash.  I can't believe professional players are this bad.  It's like watching high school ball out there.

I defend the Patriots often and I cannot stop here. There is literally no team right now that I would give even a 30% chance to beat NE right now (Beside the Giants). Honestly, I have never been so unsure as to who may make a deep playoff run this far into the season. The Bengals are now suspect, my Packers are suspect, the Giants are suspect, the Falcons are suspect, the Cardinals are suspect, the Broncos are beyond suspect, Seattle is on the verge of drawing dead, the Cowboys have a 2% chance to make the playoffs and I predict a Panthers downfall soon. Try to wrap your head around this for a second. There really only are 3 teams playing truly good football: The Patriots, Panthers, and Vikings. Vikings? Yes let me make myself clear, the Minnesota Vikings

Side Note: Not only will Adrian Peterson drop 150-200 yards on my Packers 24th ranked rush defense this week (If we lose I'm going to be pissed), but I officially predict him to have a (1750-2100 yard season). He is ahead of his 2012, 2097 yards mark at this time by 4 yards. Love him or hate him there is no denying this dude hasn't lost a step since turning 30. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

My Week 11 NFL Tips

Jags over Titans

Falcons over Colts

Bears over Broncos

My Cowboys over Dolphins

Raiders over Lions

Rams over Ravens

Jets over Texans

Eagles over Bucs

Panthers over Redskins

Chiefs over Chargers

Vikings over Packers

Seahawks over 49ers

Cardinals over Bengals

Patriots over Bills

Edited by Judge Judy

My Week 11 Picks: (These will be 100% accurate, no doubt)

Jaguars over Titans

Falcons over Colts

Rams over Ravens

Redskins over Panthers (Brace yourselves)

Broncos over Bears

Raiders over Lions

Jets over Texans

Cowboys over Dolphins

Eagles over Buccaneers 

Chargers over Chiefs

Packers over Vikings (This one will be good)

Seahawks over 49ers

Cardinals over Bengals

Patriots over Bills

My Week 11 Picks: (These will be 100% accurate, no doubt)

Jaguars over Titans

Falcons over Colts

Rams over Ravens

Redskins over Panthers (Brace yourselves)

Broncos over Bears

Raiders over Lions

Jets over Texans

Cowboys over Dolphins

Eagles over Buccaneers 

Chargers over Chiefs

Packers over Vikings (This one will be good)

Seahawks over 49ers

Cardinals over Bengals

Patriots over Bills

When it comes to picks, to each their own, but really, Panthers losing to the 'skins?  If you're right, that would suck for so many reasons, the most glaringly obvious being the Pats as the last undefeated team ;(

I also think the Vikings have a good shot here, Packs been playing like shit.

When it comes to picks, to each their own, but really, Panthers losing to the 'skins?  If you're right, that would suck for so many reasons, the most glaringly obvious being the Pats as the last undefeated team ;(

I also think the Vikings have a good shot here, Packs been playing like shit.

Honestly dude I feel like the Panthers are going to fall one of these weeks. Theoretically they should win all the remainder of their games, since there are no extremely difficult ones (Besides Dallas?). But to think this Panthers team can win out is just too much for me. One week they are going to blow it and when it happens I will have been the only one to predict it. At that point I will only brag a little before being rightfully crowned as the king of predicting football games. Immediately following that I will earn my own segment on ESPN to teach the world my ways. As for the Packers they will get it figured out. My absolute dream scenario in this situation is for Adrian Peterson to run for 200+ yards (I love AP, I want him to get close to rush record again), but the Vikings to still lose (Don't care about score) since the Packers are my team. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

Honestly dude I feel like the Panthers are going to fall one of these weeks. Theoretically they should win all the remainder of their games, since there are no extremely difficult ones (Besides Dallas?). But to think this Panthers team can win out is just too much for me. One week they are going to blow it and when it happens I will have been the only one to predict it. At that point I will only brag a little before being rightfully crowned as the king of predicting football games. Immediately following that I will earn my own segment on ESPN to teach the world my ways. As for the Packers they will get it figured out. My absolute dream scenario in this situation is for Adrian Peterson to run for 200+ yards (I love AP, I want him to get close to rush record again), but the Vikings to still lose (Don't care about score) since the Packers are my team. 

I try not to make real predictions in thread, because I have no reason for picking the way I do and I don't feel like arguing/debating football, but I could see the Panthers losing to:

Dallas (idk why)

Giants (idk why)

Falcons, simply because they play them twice almost back to back. 

Yeah I make all my predictions on NFL.com (since they have that in the fantasy section).  I also try to do the Perfect Lineup challenge, in case I get supremely lucky and pick all 8 players correctly and win a million dollars, but since the best I've ever done was 4 of 8 correct, and that was when the most predictable players had the best weeks, I doubt I'll ever pick the right combo to win anything.  Probably have a better shot at picking 6 correct lottery numbers, lol, but at least this is free.

Edited by Matto_lsi

Yeah I make all my predictions on NFL.com (since they have that in the fantasy section).  I also try to do the Perfect Lineup challenge, in case I get supremely lucky and pick all 8 players correctly and win a million dollars, but since the best I've ever done was 4 of 8 correct, and that was when the most predictable players had the best weeks, I doubt I'll ever pick the right combo to win anything.  Probably have a better shot at picking 6 correct lottery numbers, lol, but at least this is free.

Hey thats why you need to take my advice. The Panthers will lose.. soon. But make sure you always pick New England to win. There is 2 free wins for you. When you win I am entitled to 25% of the winnings. Just let me know when you win and I will tell you my preferred payment method. 

Hey thats why you need to take my advice. The Panthers will lose.. soon. But make sure you always pick New England to win. There is 2 free wins for you. When you win I am entitled to 25% of the winnings. Just let me know when you win and I will tell you my preferred payment method. 

If only it were that simple.  The Weekly Pick 'em is for picking the various match-ups correctly, but awards no prizes.  The Perfect Lineup Challenge has you pick the QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Kicker, and Team Defense that will score the most fantasy points that week.  Picking those is supremely impossible without an ungodly amount of luck on your side as every week there seems to be some complete unknown player who takes 1st or 2nd.  There's no way to predict who the 1 or 2 sleepers will be, so even if you manage to pick Brady and Gronk on the week they tear it up for 3 TDs and 500 yards, you'll end up with someone like Charcandrick West being a top RB (no joke, he was #2 last week behind Jeremy Langford, also a relative unknown as he's Matt Forte's backup).  So even if you are right on for the week picking the best QB-WR combo, it's next to impossible to pick all 8 correctly.  Last week I only picked 2 correctly (Antonio Brown-WR and Carlo Santos-K).

Now I don't pay to play fantasy football, and I really don't play for fun either, only the Perfect Lineup Challenge as hey, a free million bucks sounds like a good trade-off for 5 mins of my time each week.  But even if I was a fantasy guru, I doubt I'd ever pick all 8.  To date, no one has, and millions of people play each week.  However, with all that said, if I do ever win, I'll top up your PSN wallet for you!