Eagles over Dolphins

Saints over Redskins

Ravens over Jags

Raiders over Vikings

Broncos over Chiefs

Giants over Patriots

Cardinals over Seahawks

Bengals over Texans

God I hope you're right about the Giants.  In the past they've definitely been Brady's kryptonite, but they seem too terrible this year when the Pats are looking so dominant, but I will be hopeful!.

God I hope you're right about the Giants.  In the past they've definitely been Brady's kryptonite, but they seem too terrible this year when the Pats are looking so dominant, but I will be hopeful!.

Yeah they have been, gonna be a good match, maybe they should act like it's a superbowl to help them more 

Yeah they have been, gonna be a good match, maybe they should act like it's a superbowl to help them more 

The Giants have in the past been trouble for Tom Brady. There is only 1 true logical explanation as to why though. The reason the Giants beat New England both in the 2007 and the 2011 Super Bowl was not only attributed to luck (Specifically in 2007) but their defense; specifically their defensive line. Look at this. 

2011: Mathis Kiwanuka, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul 

2007: Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Fred Robbins

Are you seeing what I am here? The 2007 and 2011 defensive lines for the Giants may have been among the greatest of all time. These guys got to Tom Brady every single time he dropped back to pass. There is a reason arguably the most dominant offense in NFL history scored 14 points in the 2007 Superbowl. The Giants have one of the worst pass rushes in football right now (I know JPP will help). I see this game going one of two ways. 

Shootout:

I dont predict this one, but if it happens I actually like the Giants in this scenario. I think overall they have a lot of receiving weapons that will fair just a little better than New England's. But the game would still be close. of 31-27 Giants

Blowout:

I don't think any of us can see the Patriots getting blown out in this game. However if the Giants don't get a fast start and the Patriots do, I see this game getting away from them. I personally believe if the Giants go down by 10 at any time after halftime, they won't be able to catch up. If it gets away from the Giants, which is possible, the score will be something like 38-17 Patriots

I actually think people are getting to hyped for this game. Im sorry but I don't see the Patriots losing, not here. Eli has been playing well but Tom Brady has been playing great. Plus the Giants have no running game to speak of right now. Contrary to many beliefs, I actually see this game getting out of hand. The Patriots will win by 14-17. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

The Giants have in the past been trouble for Tom Brady. There is only 1 true logical explanation as to why though. The reason the Giants beat New England both in the 2007 and the 2011 Super Bowl was not only attributed to luck (Specifically in 2007) but their defense; specifically their defensive line. Look at this. 

2011: Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul 

2007: Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Fred Robbins

Are you seeing what I am here? The 2007 and 2011 defensive lines for the Giants may have been among the greatest of all time. These guys got to Tom Brady every single time he dropped back to pass. There is a reason arguably the most dominant offense in NFL history scored 14 points in the 2007 Superbowl. The Giants have one of the worst pass rushes in football right now (I know JPP will help). I see this game going one of two ways. 

Shootout:

I dont predict this one, but if it happens I actually like the Giants in this scenario. I think overall they have a lot of receiving weapons that will fair just a little better than New England's. But the game would still be close. of 31-27 Giants

Blowout:

I don't think any of us can see the Patriots getting blown out in this game. However if the Giants don't get a fast start and the Patriots do, I see this game getting away from them. I personally believe if the Giants go down by 10 at any time after halftime, they won't be able to catch up. If it gets away from the Giants, which is possible, the score will be something like 38-17 Patriots

I actually think people are getting to hyped for this game. Im sorry but I don't see the Patriots losing, not here. Eli has been playing well but Tom Brady has been playing great. Plus the Giants have no running game to speak of right now. Contrary to many beliefs, I actually see this game getting out of hand. The Patriots will win by 14-17.

I think you are thinking of Mathis Kiwanuka in 2011 instead of Michael Strahan, since Strahan retired after the 2007 SB

I know I'm late to the conversation (computer issues) but I know one change I would love to see.  I know from a previous discussion that Acasser disagrees with this but I'd like to see everything be challengable.  There's a legitimate argument about the already agonizing pace of play being slowed down even more but I think there's a chance it could actually speed it up a bit.  Make everything challengable, but, only give the coaches one challenge.  Doing that would make that challenge flag a precious thing.  Any coach with a brain would hold onto it until they saw a game changing mistake.  It would probably allow more small officiating mistakes to slip through because coaches wouldn't want to waste their one challenge on a call that had a small effect on the game but it would also cause the number of huge game-breaking mistakes to be corrected.  Fair trade in my book.

Not that I mind that pirates > cowboys...

But how did Dallas lose today? I wasn't able to watch this game but I figured it would have been relatively easy. 

EDIT:

Wow and the Dolphins beat the Eagles as well as the Jags beating the Ravens.

With Holm's KO of Rousey these past 24 hours are just filled with some weird wins lol.

The Patriots defeat is all but certain today lmfao.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Not that I mind that pirates > cowboys...

But how did Dallas lose today? I wasn't able to watch this game but I figured it would have been relatively easy. 

EDIT:

Wow and the Dolphins beat the Eagles as well as the Jags beating the Ravens.

With Holm's KO of Rousey these past 24 hours are just filled with some weird wins lol.

The Patriots defeat is all but certain today lmfao.

Dallas choked at the end of the game.. Again. They couldn't get a stop on defense and let Winston run it in for a touchdown. Then Cassel went deep to Dez in the end zone and it was picked off. 

Sam Bradford got hurt which was in large part responsible for the Eagles loss. 

And don't get your hopes up because the Patriots won't lose today. 

OMG the Lions finally won in Green bay, first time since 1991

Elvis Dumervil what a huge penalty, giving the jags another play to kick the game winning FG

Saints Routed again, Rob Ryan's job looking very shaky 

and 0 wins without Romo, seriously jerry, it's time to draft a Qb

Edited by Judge Judy

And don't get your hopes up because the Patriots won't lose today. 

lol after the first half I have no doubt the Giants can pull off a win.

Patriots seem to be performing really bad.

Although I will admit that I'm a bit annoyed with the refs. To me it seemed like White (Giants) did the same motion Gronkowski (Patriots) did but didn't get called for pass interference. :dunno:

Guys I just witnessed the best game of the year. Damn that New England vs Giant game was awesome. I was so nervous because I was saying the Patriots would win no doubt. Awesome game. Both games played great football. Both teams deserved to win that game, but obviously that is not possible. With that being said there was an equal amount of bogus calls on both teams. Again that Odell Beckham catch at the end.. Was it a touchdown? I don't think so but then again the catch rules change weekly. That interception on the final drive the ball clearly to me hit the ground. 

Typical Giants doing everything they can to give away the game.  Throw on 1st & goal instead of running it, leaving an extra 10 seconds on the clock.  Not intercepting Brady's freebie of a pick.  Not stopping them on 4th and 10 (seriously?).  And then letting them go down the field to the 35 yard line and still manage to leave 6 seconds on the clock so they can get a field goal.

This must be the 3rd or 4th time this season the Giants have gained and lost a 4th quarter lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game.  Simply astounding...

Fuckin' Giants.  Do any one of the three things they failed at in the end and it's game over.  Find the endzone, hold on to the pick, or stop a 4th and 10... nope.  As soon as the Giants had to settle for that last field goal, pretty sure everyone on the planet knew the game was over and the Pats were gonna win.

Now it's time to see if Seattle can actually find the endzone and keep up with the Cards or continue to be the worst red-zone team in the league.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Typical Giants doing everything they can to give away the game.  Throw on 1st & goal instead of running it, leaving an extra 10 seconds on the clock.  Not intercepting Brady's freebie of a pick.  Not stopping them on 4th and 10 (seriously?).  And then letting them go down the field to the 35 yard line and still manage to leave 6 seconds on the clock so they can get a field goal.

This must be the 3rd or 4th time this season the Giants have gained and lost a 4th quarter lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game.  Simply astounding...

It was "luck" eerily similar of the 2007 Superbowl for New England. But yeah the Giants have choked so many times this year so I am honestly not even surprised. They should be like a 8-2 or 7-3 team. 

Fuckin' Giants.  Do any one of the three things they failed at in the end and it's game over.  Find the endzone, hold on to the pick, or stop a 4th and 10... nope.  As soon as the Giants had to settle for that last field goal, pretty sure everyone on the planet knew the game was over and the Pats were gonna win.

Now it's time to see if Seattle can actually find the endzone and keep up with the Cards or continue to be the worst red-zone team in the league.

They are going to have a hard time scoring anytime Lynch isn't playing well. With that being said, the Cardinals always have a tough time beating the Seahawks, so I see Seattle winning this game 21-17. 

^^^Lynch and Wilson both haven't been playing well.  In Lynch's defense he's having trouble staying healthy but Wilson should be better.  Too many times this year I've seen him miss guys (either not seeing them when they're open or over/under throwing on a rare instance when there's no pressure on him) or make a bad decision to try and run when he shouldn't.  

The Cardinals are blitzers so I'm fairly sure Russell's gonna have a rough night, hope Graham can help make up for it and, if necessary, Rawls can take some of the load off of Lynch.

Just saw the replay of Manning not seeing ODB jr WIDE OPEN in the end-zone... ouch.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I have to hand it to the guys at Fox 5 New York, they did a wonderful job with the football coverage today.  Despite there being no local game to force coverage and two pretty good games (Det-GB, Dal-TB) to switch to, I got every glorious snap of New Orleans at Washington until that game mercifully ended.... and only then did I get to see the football gods torture Lions fans for a few extra minutes before letting them off the hook.

As for the Giants?  If I weren't a Jets fan with a strong dislike for Big Blue, I'd probably be feeling sorry for them by now.  But since I do have that dislike, I'll just offer my co-workers honorary Jets Fan Club membership because the football gods have been kicking fans of my team in the teeth for longer than I've been alive.

That being said, I figure the NBC Sunday Night game in Week 17 will be Eagles at Giants, giving Big Blue yet another chance to cough up a lead with less than two minutes to play.  Either they'll do that and fumble away the division in the process, or they'll win and go on one of those miracle runs.  Although if the football gods had a real dark sense of humour and irony, they'd let a 9-7 Giants team get to the Super Bowl to face the 16-0 Patriots.... and let New England rally to win the game with seconds to play.

Ladies and gentlemen... I present the Seattle offense :facepalm:

Someone needs to tell them they're supposed to go towards the end-zone in front of them.  The defense doesn't stand a chance having to play behind this diaper-fire offense.

Its a damn disaster out there man... I am not joking and am saddened when I say this may be the most inefficient offense in recent memory. They literally cannot get anything going. If the defense doesn't hold the opponent to less than 20 they lose the game 9 times out of 10.  

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

Let's see...

stupid penalties at the worst possible time over and over again - check

get a 4th quarter lead and blow it so hard it makes their ass bleed - check

give Wilson little to no protection and look like a JV high-school team on offense - check

Yup, Seattle made sure to stick to the same script that's defined the season so far.  They're essentially 4 games down to Arizona now so the division race is done,  They're not accomplishing anything if they manage to back door in as a wild card.  May as well just say fuck it and tank.  Try and draft as high as possible and see if they can do anything about the O-line.  I honestly wouldn't give a shit if they fired Bevelle either.  I know he's been the offensive coordinator during the last two runs but Seattle's offense wasn't exactly lighting it up then either.  Maybe someone else out there would actually know how to use the weapons Seattle has.  The offensive performance this season is unacceptable and the fanbase is starting to cry for blood, Bevelle's the obvious choice, even if he's not the problem.

Guys I just witnessed the best game of the year. Damn that New England vs Giant game was awesome. I was so nervous because I was saying the Patriots would win no doubt. Awesome game. Both games played great football. Both teams deserved to win that game, but obviously that is not possible. With that being said there was an equal amount of bogus calls on both teams. Again that Odell Beckham catch at the end.. Was it a touchdown? I don't think so but then again the catch rules change weekly. That interception on the final drive the ball clearly to me hit the ground. 

Personally, I didn't think Odell had complete possession of the ball. IMO it was basically the same thing that happened to Dez Bryant last season vs the Lions. Like you said there are a bunch of rules that will say it counts or doesn't count. Sad that they still haven't ironed that out yet.

Let's see...

stupid penalties at the worst possible time over and over again - check

get a 4th quarter lead and blow it so hard it makes their ass bleed - check

give Wilson little to no protection and look like a JV high-school team on offense - check

Yup, Seattle made sure to stick to the same script that's defined the season so far.  They're essentially 4 games down to Arizona now so the division race is done,  They're not accomplishing anything if they manage to back door in as a wild card.  May as well just say fuck it and tank.  Try and draft as high as possible and see if they can do anything about the O-line.  I honestly wouldn't give a shit if they fired Bevelle either.  I know he's been the offensive coordinator during the last two runs but Seattle's offense wasn't exactly lighting it up then either.  Maybe someone else out there would actually know how to use the weapons Seattle has.  The offensive performance this season is unacceptable and the fanbase is starting to cry for blood, Bevelle's the obvious choice, even if he's not the problem.

To be fair, the same thing was happening to the Cards towards the end of the 3rd quarter.  Thanks to the Seattle D, not only was it a game at that point, but Palmer was getting hit on every play and had maybe 1 second to throw.  I figured the game was over after the D pulled 14 points out of thin air.  Big credit to Palmer and his coaches for figuring out their coverages and adjusting to the pass rush.  It was actually pretty amazing as most teams would have just kept taking the hits and that crowd noise would have been the end of them.  I feel like this was some of the biggest proof yet that the Cards are real.  I mean Palmer just stood in the pocket and delivered ball after ball to his receivers when it mattered most.  I was really impressed with how calm and cool he was.  If his receivers hadn't dropped some big passes, they may have scored over 50 in this game.  And it's on that note that I agree with you.  Seattle's D totally kept you guys in the game.  The offense had nice spurts here and there, but nothing consistent for 60 minutes.  If the D hadn't come up with those 2 TDs and redzone INT, the other side of that Cards 50 would have read less than 20 for the Hawks.  Would have been a blowout.  I feel like Seattle may still be able to grab enough wins to make the playoffs though.  Yeah they're 4-5 now, and I've been saying they'll finish with 7-9 wins all year, but they really could get 9-10 wins and still make the playoffs.  Of course they'd end up playing a team like Carolina or Arizona on the road, and that probably wouldn't end too well.

All in all it's not a terrible season, not great either, but at least your team has promise.  Meanwhile I look at my 49ers and see people cheering for Blaine freaking Gabbert's miraculous 1 point win at home over a Falcons team that's been shooting themselves in the foot the last month and I feel like I slipped into the Twilight Zone.  I fully expect us to go on an 8 game losing streak and seeing these same adoring Gabbert fans screaming to put Kaep back in.  SF is in turmoil still, and it'll show when we get crushed by the Cards (again), the Rams (again), and the unlikely trio of the Lions, Tigers (Bengals) and Bears.. oh MY!  No seriously... someone put this on our schedule and is having a laugh.  All 3 of these games are played over 4 weeks... it's like we're living in OZ instead of the Bay Area... overall #1 draft pick, here we come!

Doesn't help that the Broncos got beat up pretty good by the Chiefs and somehow Tom Brady's lucky horseshoe (that he keeps up Bill Belichick's ass) is working better than ever!  I really hope the Colts and Broncos don't end up 1 and done again in the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one.  If Cam Newton wasn't such an illiterate, cocky shithead I might start cheering for the Panthers... this season's gonna end up a wash for all my teams, sadly.