National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

And the worst game ever goes to... Rams-49ers!!! How the hell did you fail to convert a 1st & 5?! And then Shitsula didn't go for a FG winning attempt and almost lose by safety... Obviously he waited the useless game of the season to win, losing 2 draft spot, really idiot!! Damn finally this season is over...

This could get ugly...Titans and the NFL might be ducking it out in court.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/03/litigation-over-ownership-structure-could-be-looming-between-the-nfl-titans/

And the worst game ever goes to... Rams-49ers!!! How the hell did you fail to convert a 1st & 5?! And then Shitsula didn't go for a FG winning attempt and almost lose by safety... Obviously he waited the useless game of the season to win, losing 2 draft spot, really idiot!! Damn finally this season is over...

They just said on TV they're going to fire him. Edited by ShadowStar83x

Wow just wow 49ers you a fucking retarded firing Tomsula after just 1 season and after all the off-season changes, Imo a absolutely weak pathetic move.

And let me remind everyone this team just last season fired Jim Harbaugh, someone who did great things with them.

This owner is as much of a fucking joke as the Browns owner is

Edited by Wallace
  • Like 1

Wow just wow 49ers you a fucking retarded firing Tomsula after just 1 season and after all the off-season changes, Imo a absolutely weak pathetic move.

And let me remind everyone this team just last season fired Jim Harbaugh, someone who did great things with them.

I agree, Jed York is a fucking idiot. The 49ers haven't been competitive since Eddie Debartolo Jr owned the team and that was a while ago.

Playoff schedule is set

Wild card Saturday

Chiefs@ Texans ESPN/ABC 4:20PM EST

Steelers @ Bengals CBS 8:15 PM EST

Sunday

Seahawks @ Vikings NBC 4:40 PM EST

Packers @ Redskins FOX 1:00 PM EST

Edited by Wallace
  • Like 1

Playoffs are set so who does everyone want to see in the big one at the end?

For me:

NFC-

#1 - Seahawks.  I' sure I'll be the only one here who doesn't put them at the bottom but they're my home team so of course I'd like to see them play in three in a row.

#2 - Cardinals.  I know they're supposed to be "hated rivals" but if the Seahawks don't make it then the Cards can let the NFC be represented by the West for the fourth year in a row

#3 - Redskins.  Just as a slap in the face to all things justice, why not have the winner of the "NFC least" be the one's laughing in the end.

#4 - Packers.  Tried and true.  I have no beef with Green Bay and wouldn't be happy or sad if they made it.

#5 - Vikings.  Same as Green Bay but they need more than just a star running back.

#6 - Panthers.  Watching them go from cocky to arrogant over the course of their pathetic schedule rubbed me the wrong way.  Screw 'em.

AFC-

#1 - Broncos.  Manning deserves to go out on a high note.

#2 - Chiefs.  That turnaround deserves to be rewarded.  Reid deserves coach of the year in my opinion.

#3 - Texans.  Even though the NFC East fought for the title, I still say the AFC South is the weakest division in football.  But, the Texans have Watt and he's impossible to not like.

#4 - Bengals.  One and done.  One and done.  One and done.  One and done.  One and done.  One and done.  SOOOO tired of seeing a playoff spot wasted on the Bengals.

#5 - Steelers.  Fucking Jets.  They would have been at my #1 but they choked again and gave Ben a real shot at going to the SB.  I'll never cheer for him but he's only 2nd to last because there's one team I dislike more.

#6 - Patriots.  No real need for an explanation.  If someone doesn't know why a person would hate the Pats (and no New England fans, it's not jealousy) then the blinders are on and there's no reason to try. 

Just how it is in most sports, don't make the finals sack the coach is gone. Stupid move and means the players have to get used to another coach.

Guys are you kidding?! Did you ever see 49ers games this year?

The rat does know NOTHING about football... He can't coach, he can't develop players, he can't even count to 11 (or 3)!!

Listen, the front office is clearly the dumbest thing in San Fran, but Shitsula has to be fired long long time ago!

edit: here's a good article about the pitiful in front office http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29340083/kawakami-jed-york-and-trent-baalke-nowhere-be?source=infinite-up

Edited by Zio_Sam87

Playoff schedule is set

Wild card Saturday

Chiefs @ Texans ESPN/ABC 4:20PM EST

Steelers @ Bengals CBS 8:15 PM EST

Sunday

Seahawks @ Vikings NBC 4:40 PM EST

Packers @ Redskins FOX 1:00 PM EST

Surprised the Steelers made it to the playoffs but at least the whole city isn't depressed today.  Bonus, I detest Andy Dalton (he's one of the worst QB all time imo) and I would love to see the Steelers give him a proper stomping.

Guys are you kidding?! Did you ever see 49ers games this year?

The rat does know NOTHING about football... He can't coach, he can't develop players, he can't even count to 11 (or 3)!!

Listen, the front office is clearly the dumbest thing in San Fran, but Shitsula has to be fired long long time ago!

edit: here's a good article about the pitiful in front office http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29340083/kawakami-jed-york-and-trent-baalke-nowhere-be?source=infinite-up

Maybe, but you shouldn't fire someone after just a year. That doesn't give them enough time.

I'd like to see the Steelers or the Packers win the Superbowl. Idk why but I like both teams. 

I would have broken a rib laughing if the Packers did another long bomb dream pass to tie it up for OT last night lol.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Patriots to win...the Patriots winning the Superbowl will make for some of the finest whinefest comments on yahoo articles and I need to laugh more nowadays. 

Was Tomsula ever meant to be a long term replacement for Harbaugh?  He seemed more like a stop-gap solution to me.

Also, Browns fans, now that your team is starting over... again, do yourselves a favor and don't buy a single ticket to a single game.  The only way that dip-shit owner you guys have will ever be run out of town is by having a financially disastrous season and it's up to you guys to make it happen.  Watch the games on TV, read about everything, stay as up to date as you want but seriously, letting that guy run the team is getting painful to watch.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Good luck in the playoffs everyone! Except the Bengals.

The Benglas don't need luck.  They need a miracle, perhaps multiple miracles, maybe even divine intervention (or aliens swooping down and abducting the entire Pittsburgh roster).... and even that might not be enough.

Pittsburgh is only a three-point favorite based on the lines Vegas set?  That's way too low.

The Benglas don't need luck.  They need a miracle, perhaps multiple miracles, maybe even divine intervention (or aliens swooping down and abducting the entire Pittsburgh roster).... and even that might not be enough.

Pittsburgh is only a three-point favorite based on the lines Vegas set?  That's way too low.

I think 3 points is about right. Division games (especially in the postseason) are typically close because teams are very familiar with each other. Pittsburgh's defense is vulnerable to giving up lots of yards and McCarron has been serviceable recently. On the other side, Pittsburgh's offense can put up 30+ on anyone, but if Roethlisberger throws a couple more head-scratcher picks, who knows.

So fucking happy to see Chuck Pagano get a 4yr extension :D

And good luck to whatever you do next in life Tom Coughlin, you've been a great coach to 2 NFL teams

Lol. Being a mediocre nfl coach gets you a extension apparently. No reason for the Colts with all of the talent they have to not make the playoffs in the second worst division in the nfl.