Your Next Game - The Lottery 2 (event over)

Dragon Age Inqusition - The Journey so Far (part 2)

Currently at 11 hrs ( 10 trophies )

So finally getting my head around this game and how it seems to work. The learning curve is a little steep in picking it all up having never played one of thee before but it is very additive. Games like this are really bad for OCD people I feel as we can't move on until looked at ever little thing / quest. I finally moved story on then a a bit of a panic as was worried about missable trophies but think I figured it out now.

Highlights so far

- getting absolutely raped 3 times by a dragon before giving up ( it seems that an early low levelled character ain't going to pull off an upset victory here )

- using some sort of giant tooth on a stick weapon that is actually larger than my character (very funny watching him walk around with it

- finally getting some head space around the different factions in the game

- absolutely beautiful graphics which often distract

- still no idea about that overhead battle planning strategy but being be ok with

On a side note I got my first vita platinum today (Super Exploding Zoo ---- yeah yeah easy I know ) bring my total to 8 for the year , and keeping my on track for my one a month goal :) :)

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

Okay. So, I played for about 2+ hours and I think this game is pretty good.

I played the first 2 levels, about 3 or 4 times each, until I had all things unlocked, a level to unlock another hero, about 4 times, the soccer mini game, just for the trophy, and the daily challenge for today, twice.

It's fun and the artwork is unique. I'm pretty happy with the initial impressions of Rayman Legends (and the franchise as a whole). Another Ubisoft win for sure. :)

My only gripe so far is that it seems most levels' gold trophy standard for "coins" are pretty damn close to the maximum you can get in the level. I foresee this is going to lead to much replaying and burnout due to constantly finishing a level and being 5 or 10 short.

and, almost forgot, there's Uplay points. :awesome:

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

:platinum:12

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

1L581ba8_zpsktikmfhk.png

The Dark Night

Unlock All Other Trophies

I was pretty excited and relieved that the RNG gave me this game. At the very least, Batman's my favourite comic book hero. Obviously, I've never played a Batman game before so it was great that I got to play something different.

About The Game: This game is short and easy. It requires three play throughs, but it's all basically the same. So after you complete the first play through, it's pretty much a speed run of the game. On the bright side, each one had a different ending. 

The Trophies (that's why we're all here, right?): The trophy designs are boring. I would've liked the trophies from the PS3 version, but as I understand the Vita came first. Oh well! Getting them was straightforward, since you needed three play throughs to complete the game. But be prepared, this game is very collectible heavy. The only ones that carried over were the detective clues and the Batsuit pieces. The one trophy that I had a hard time with was the League of Shadow 100 hit combo trophy. It took me awhile to find a strategy that suited. That youtube video didn't help at all!

Story: For the most part I really liked it, and anyone can play this game without knowing the overall story. The game stays within the Blackgate story line, but there are cutscenes that allude to a bigger story. I love Batman, but I have to admit I don't know all the arcs. Having played this game, I understand a little bit more of the creation of the Suicide Squad.

Artstyle: The art style is probably my favourite part of the game. I LOVED the comic book-styled cutscenes. It added a nice change to the standard 2.5D look, which wasn't too bad. 

Gameplay: The controls were infuriating!!! INFURIATING!!! There were slight delays when I countered, stun and hit enemies. I think this was a major reason why I couldn't get hold of the gameplay at the beginning. I made sure I looked for the Zombie Suit to make it easier. This allowed me the time to understand the controls better. This is where I noticed the delay in the buttons I pressed. So I got that figured out and was able to adjust. After that, it actually became fun and satisfying.

Time to Platinum: It took me about 32 hours, some of those hours I got lost. First play through took a little over 19 hours, with the second 6 hours and the third about the same time as the second.

Review: A less than stellar gameplay, but once you get used to the controls it's easy sailing from then on. The art style never gets boring, even after the third play through. The comic book cutscenes were a great addition to the game. The voice acting was solid. Catwoman's voice actor (actress?) was probably the best, in my opinion. I would have liked a bit of a difference in the play throughs, in addition to having different endings. I would recommend those that have a vita and are Batman fans to buy this game. For those of us looking for something different, then I think it's a neat game to play in-between. 

Verdict: 6.5/10 (Better than average)

Oh yes and before I forget.......

I'm finished losers!!!! Ha ha ha!

Seriously?! I have like an hour playtime! I need to get my shit together >.<

I'm only at 2 hours game time; I need to get my poop in a group, too! :o

Also, why are we losers because you finished your game? :(

#effysadpanda #cutmedeepbro #DoPeopleStillUseHashtags

Edited by effdeegee

I'm only at 2 hours game time; I need to get my poop in a group, too! :o

Also, why are we losers because you finished your game? :(

#effysadpanda #cutmedeepbro #DoPeopleStillUseHashtags

Aren't we all losers in life? I'm going to sound old for saying this, but I hope hashtags die in my lifetime OR it needs to be moderated. Too many people use too many hashtags, why??

Congrats Makise on the completion and platinum, I'm definitely the biggest loser here because this game is probably gonna take me 100 hours and I am moving between a ridiculous number of PS4 and vita games I can't stop buying ( money and no brains :) , I hope to finish this sometime in my lifetime, until then back to the grind

( I currently have 1.7 of my 2 terabyte PS4 drive filled and 2 x 32 gb vita cards full of games to play - God help me

Edited by cjshaitan

Congrats Makise on the completion and platinum, I'm definitely the biggest loser here because this game is probably gonna take me 100 hours and I am moving between a ridiculous number of PS4 and vita games I can't stop buying ( money and no brains :) , I hope to finish this sometime in my lifetime, until then back to the grind

Don't worry, 100 hours is nothing compared to the grind eff has had inflicted upon him :P

1st off, congrats to Edunstar for your Batman plat :D

Secondly, really enjoying reading all of your comments about the games you are playing, keep the updates coming guys :D

This lottery is going alot better than the 1st one in my opinion, we are on the 1st half of the event and there're already about 400replies the 1st lottery got 277 in the whole event! That means people is being alot more active which was the main point of the original lottery!
  • Like 4

Don't worry, 100 hours is nothing compared to the grind eff has had inflicted upon him :P

its not bad really. You just fire it up. Earn golds on the dailies, and then play something else. It's more patience than actual work. Just make sure your gold score is top 10% or better, otherwise you might come back the next day and have silver.

its not bad really. You just fire it up. Earn golds on the dailies, and then play something else. It's more patience than actual work. Just make sure your gold score is top 10% or better, otherwise you might come back the next day and have silver.

Or set the gold score on the latter half of the challenge. Over the past 8 weeks I've been tracking the cups only one gold score at bit past 12 hours left on the challenge hasn't held up until the end.

Been playing Rayman Legends for another ~4 hours and I'm starting to really get into it.

A couple of things I'm noticing:

1. Like every game, the more I play it, the more familiar I am with the subtle nuances to the button timing and animation lengths, which makes the game feel a bit more easy to traverse.

2. The rate at which trophies unlock is next to perfect; not too fast, not too easy. There's some surprise trophies and some that are level/enemy specific. They always seem to unlock right when you're thinking, "It's been a bit since my la... DING!" :lol:

Another 7 trophies down puts me at 16/51. Probably gonna get another trophy soon for finishing a challenge with a silver cup, as the challenge timer is almost set to roll over and I'm on pace for two silver cups and a bronze cup. :)

Been playing Rayman Legends for another ~4 hours and I'm starting to really get into it.

A couple of things I'm noticing:

1. Like every game, the more I play it, the more familiar I am with the subtle nuances to the button timing and animation lengths, which makes the game feel a bit more easy to traverse.

2. The rate at which trophies unlock is next to perfect; not too fast, not too easy. There's some surprise trophies and some that are level/enemy specific. They always seem to unlock right when you're thinking, "It's been a bit since my la... DING!" :lol:

Another 7 trophies down puts me at 16/51. Probably gonna get another trophy soon for finishing a challenge with a silver cup, as the challenge timer is almost set to roll over and I'm on pace for two silver cups and a bronze cup. :)

Great progress! I hope you're enjoying the game. Do you have a fave level yet?

EDIT: Okay, I have just decided to do the Batman trophy guide before I forget everything. I'm hoping to start early this week, but we'll see. There's the Star Ocean game I have to get back to and there's trying to learn another language thing....those classes are so boring!

Edited by Edunstar84

I've been playing Lego Marvel recently and am closing in on the plat...so I think I'm gonna get that out of the way so that I can focus on Guacamelee and hopefully get the platinum in that before this event is over. I also plan to buy the costume pack in anticipation for my hard playthrough as there's a costume with regenerating health on there xD

• Like 1

I'm only about 25-30 levels into it but, the last level of the first world was pretty awesome. After dragging myself through all of those other levels, challenges and hero doors, it was nice and refreshing to have a simple level with a rockin' tune. :)

• Like 1

Wow. 24hrs goes by without a post in the thread? :|:blink:

I just finished yet another session of Rayman Legends and it proved to be just as fruitful as the other sessions. 5 more trophies in 2 hours brings me to 23/51 in about 10-12 hours of actual gameplay. :):D

The trophy pacing is still pretty steady, at around 1 trophy every 30 minutes, and it would appear as though the harder the levels get, the more fun it is to play. Either that, or their ranking system is fairly off. Maybe I'm just getting better at the game. :hmm::dunno:

I also figured today that I'm gonna need about 750 days to get enough xp from these challenges. Grind, much? :o:jaymon:

• Like 2

So still luvin Dragon Age Inquisiton, this is definitely a must play game, glad I have been pushed into it sooner rather than later, I have decided to make posts about my progress at every 10hrs invested into game that being said have reached 14hrs and 12/59 trophies,

Also have been very interested in the Raymond legends game so after hearing eff's postive comments went ahead and got it tonight. Looking forward to jumping into it eventually

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2