Your Next Game - The Lottery 2 (event over)

Okay, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (vita) here. I've only reached the half-way point in the 100 hit combo trophy. I've reached the half-way point twice and have hit the 30-40 mark regularly, so I know I'm getting better at it. 

Even so, I've noticed a few things that really hinders my accessing the 100 combo. First, there's a bit of a lag when I counter some of the other thugs, which leads to my dropping the combo. So, I've tried to counter as quickly as possible. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, which leads me to start over again. Secondly, I've noticed I start another attack pattern after I stun someone and then have to use counter. The answer seems to be to stun as soon as I counter someone. I'm getting used to this and, consequently, it doesn't happen as much. Lastly, I've figured that the smaller guys break my combo more, so I'm trying to wheedle them out of the bunch and take them down earlier which leaves the bigger guys at the end. 

So overall, yeah I'm getting better. I think I can get the trophy tomorrow with constant practice. Right now I don't think I want to do it in another play through and probably have to learn it again. There's isn't really another place where I can practice other than where I'm at right now. Although if I get fed up with it I'll just do it on the third play through. No use raging (it would be nice to get it over with tho).

• Like 2

Okay, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (vita) here. I've only reached the half-way point in the 100 hit combo trophy. I've reached the half-way point twice and have hit the 30-40 mark regularly, so I know I'm getting better at it.

Even so, I've noticed a few things that really hinders my accessing the 100 combo. First, there's a bit of a lag when I counter some of the other thugs, which leads to my dropping the combo. So, I've tried to counter as quickly as possible. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, which leads me to start over again. Secondly, I've noticed I start another attack pattern after I stun someone and then have to use counter. The answer seems to be to stun as soon as I counter someone. I'm getting used to this and, consequently, it doesn't happen as much. Lastly, I've figured that the smaller guys break my combo more, so I'm trying to wheedle them out of the bunch and take them down earlier which leaves the bigger guys at the end.

So overall, yeah I'm getting better. I think I can get the trophy tomorrow with constant practice. Right now I don't think I want to do it in another play through and probably have to learn it again. There's isn't really another place where I can practice other than where I'm at right now. Although if I get fed up with it I'll just do it on the third play through. No use raging (it would be nice to get it over with tho).

can't you manual save and download it from the cloud. Then continue your playthru. Then load up that save that you downloaded at the end?

Well I think you can backup your autosave to usb, maybe if it isn't a locked save, right at the part you want to come back too. Then continue your playthru like normal.

Once you beat everything go save your new autosave to usb, delete the the one off vita, replace it with the old one. At least that's my theory. Never actually tried it.

Yeah. That's how people do the Thanatophobia trophy on Rogue Legacy. Dashboard out, upload to cloud or copy to USB. Play the game normally, if you screw up or whatever, dashboard and copy the save back to the hard drive. Can do it as many times as you want.

Edit: you get a very small amount of cloud storage even without ps+ I think. Like 120mb or something. Might be worth it to check.

Edited by Hemiak

Well I finally started MotoGP 15! Sadly, I don't seem to be very good at it. I started a career mode and I've managed to move up to Moto2 but still haven't managed to win a race yet. I'm doing well at tackling the corners but I seem to get outpaced on most of the straights and I come off my bike quite a bit which really doesn't help. 

• Like 2

Well I finally started MotoGP 15! Sadly, I don't seem to be very good at it. I started a career mode and I've managed to move up to Moto2 but still haven't managed to win a race yet. I'm doing well at tackling the corners but I seem to get outpaced on most of the straights and I come off my bike quite a bit which really doesn't help.

Just run after the bikes, it's okay xD

• Like 2

A tip, do not accelerate through the corners you will more then likely come off the bike. Turn the difficulty down if you can, it might be that its too high.

• Like 1

Pretty good flash sale going on in the NA store right now. Managed to pick up The Walking Dead (+ DLC), The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

I've wanted to play these three games for a while so, I'm pretty stoked to have been able to scoop them up for $3.75 each. :jaymon:

Also, my Megamind finally showed up in the mail today. Been wanting to play that for years. :D

image_zpsuktrqxob.jpg

I ended up being $0.46 short for buying Magus at $2.00 and I'm pretty upset that I didn't have enough for Guacamelee! PS3/V bundle and LEGO Movie for $7.80 each. :(

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

Pretty good flash sale going on in the NA store right now. Managed to pick up The Walking Dead (+ DLC), The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

I've wanted to play these three games for a while so, I'm pretty stoked to have been able to scoop them up for $3.75 each. :jaymon:

Also, my Megamind finally showed up in the mail today. Been wanting to play that for years. :D

I ended up being $0.46 short for buying Magus at $2.00 and I'm pretty upset that I didn't have enough for Guacamelee! PS3/V bundle and LEGO Movie for $7.80 each. :(

As if Guacamelee goes on sale days after I buy it xD although I wouldn't have been able to play it on my vita that way because I have a UK account

I decided to fart around with Tomb Raider Anniversary again and maybe try to pick off the last few misc before the time trials/platinum. I beat the Greece bosses without dying, collected the last couple of artifacts in Egypt and then climbed the central shaft in The Lost Island without dying and decided that was enough. I've been playing the game for like 3 1/2 weeks and I'm pretty sick of it now.

I figure it's a nice spot to leave it at for a future session. Someday when I have an urge to do some platforming and stuff, that'll be waiting there with only a few things left for the plat and it'll be a nice treat to only have to play for a bit and get the platinum/100% without much effort.

Now; what to play? :hmm:

Probably Megamind because it'll only take a day. I'll start Rayman Legends on Sunday night/Monday. :)

image_zpsuktrqxob.jpg

NA flash sales are unfair. EU deserve it as well :(

Wait, have you never played any of them? You're in for a treat (An extra 2 plats don't hurt either)! 

• Like 2

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (vita)

I just finished the second play through at 6 hours and 12 minutes. Now I'm on the third and last play through. Penguin is my last boss battle, well before the other last boss battle.

This might take a bit longer than the second, since I have to make sure that I have everything before I continue. So, I'm hoping to get this done tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 4

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (vita)

I just finished the second play through at 6 hours and 12 minutes. Now I'm on the third and last play through. Penguin is my last boss battle, well before the other last boss battle.

This might take a bit longer than the second, since I have to make sure that I have everything before I continue. So, I'm hoping to get this done tomorrow or Monday.

Ummm take it easy, my friend. Some people haven't even started there game yet lol.

• Like 1

Ummm take it easy, my friend. Some people haven't even started there game yet lol.

I can't help myself! Anyway, I was thinking the same thing but was a bit lucky when I got it on sale off of the PSN store. In any case, I still have that Star Ocean grind to look forward to.

• Like 3

Okay. It's time to do this.

I'm gonna do a real time review experiment for the first few minutes. I'm gonna insert the disc and go through every thing I do.

1. The album artwork is fun. A frog pulling back a dragon's head so Rayman can grab his tongue and prepare to smash his face in. Very metaphorical and spiritual.

2. The xmb background image, when you pause on the disc, is fantastic! Rayman and friends are putting on a concert for the whole cast. :) Okay, now to start.

3. Custom Ubisoft logo followed immediately by main menu. Nothing great. Doesn't appear to be a show if you let the menu idle either. Lame. Okay, press any button.

4. "This game saves at :blah: " 3 option menu; still no show if left idle. Okay, new game.

5. 60 second intro film for back story. Voice is so low, I didn't hear 75% of the words that were said. Music is bumpin and my first button prompt/interaction.

6. That leads immediately to starting the first level. I notice the characters speak gibberish, too.

I will play for a while and be back with my initial thoughts. :)

• Like 3

Okay. It's time to do this.

I'm gonna do a real time review experiment for the first few minutes. I'm gonna insert the disc and go through every thing I do.

1. The album artwork is fun. A frog pulling back a dragon's head so Rayman can grab his tongue and prepare to smash his face in. Very metaphorical and spiritual.

2. The xmb background image, when you pause on the disc, is fantastic! Rayman and friends are putting on a concert for the whole cast. :) Okay, now to start.

3. Custom Ubisoft logo followed immediately by main menu. Nothing great. Doesn't appear to be a show if you let the menu idle either. Lame. Okay, press any button.

4. "This game saves at :blah: " 3 option menu; still no show if left idle. Okay, new game.

5. 60 second intro film for back story. Voice is so low, I didn't hear 75% of the words that were said. Music is bumpin and my first button prompt/interaction.

6. That leads immediately to starting the first level. I notice the characters speak gibberish, too.

I will play for a while and be back with my initial thoughts. :)

That was...very specific xD