Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is Getting a Reboot!

Parker

A reboot of the popular 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is reportedly in the works.

According to TVLine, original series' lead Will Smith is spearheading the project, where he will serve as producer at Overbrook Entertainment.

The show is reportedly in the early stages of development, and will provide a modern-day take on the show that skyrocketed Smith's acting career, but still retain the spirit of the original show.

Overbrook is believed to be finalizing its pitch now, which should begin making the rounds to networks within the next several weeks.

Source: IGN

Oh yes. 

Parker

• Like 3

I wonder how a reboot would do...sucks that uncle phil is dead in real life. :(

I think it will be a better as a 90's show than a show in today's world.

To be honest I haven't liked a comedy since Friends though so this might be something I keep an eye on.

If this happens they better have damn good actors. As of right now I can't see anyone playing Carlton's part without it feeling forced and fake.

Lazy, lazy, greedy studios. They'd rather squeeze every drop out of something that everyone already knows then take any kind of risk on new material.

Fan of the show. I just hope they don't try to match it exactly. Update it, modernize it make it original with throwbacks to the show.

Theme song has been stuck in my head since this morning, pure coincidence seeing this news. 

• Like 1

Shows how popular the show still is (sure, it was a couple of years ago, but I doubt the crowd's reaction would have been any different today).

I don't think it should be remade, a rerun or continuation like Death_ninja suggested would be much better.