Xur is selling the Gjallarhorn

Aranea Highwind

Just a heads up for all of those who have been hunting for this exotic rocket launcher for months. This would also probably explain why the Gjallarhorn is getting nerfed on the weapons 2.00 update.

If you are low on strange coins be sure to do the weekly heroic if you haven't yet.

RZsgLPG.jpg

Fzn2rCc.jpg

Edited by Paige

Thanks for saving me the effort of doing a thread about it. I would recommend adding somewhere in the post that it's only from august 14-16 and he is below the girl that sells spaceships on the tower. Based on the location he is at (nightclub), I would say he is drunk at the moment. GO HOME XUR!

I was kinda short on strange coins, but selling my family and putting my house under hypothec, I've gathered enough to buy 14 units. No one can have too many Gjallahorns, now I have 1 maxed out and 14 to level up. God bless the pve monsters in this game because Tiny Tina taught me well and now I WILL MAKE IT RAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

Thanks for saving me the effort of doing a thread about it. I would recommend adding somewhere in the post that it's only from august 14-16 and he is below the girl that sells spaceships on the tower. Based on the location he is at (nightclub), I would say he is drunk at the moment. GO HOME XUR!

I was kinda short on strange coins, but selling my family and putting my house under hypothec, I've gathered enough to buy 14 units. No one can have too many Gjallahorns, now I have 1 maxed out and 14 to level up. God bless the pve monsters in this game because Tiny Tina taught me well and now I WILL MAKE IT RAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!

I agree with Yuri. 

The salt on the Destiny forums is incredible. I'm personally very happy to finally get a Gjallarhorn for myself seeing as I was never lucky enough to get one in any of the raids or any other recommended methods.

Getting denied a spot in a Prison of Elders fireteam because you didn't have a maxed out Gjallarhorn was always extremely annoying, so I'm glad that exclusive club is now disappearing.

• Like 1

Shame they're selling it

Why is it a shame that they are selling it? Is your random drop granting you more right to have that rathen than someone who bought it from Xur? Is my first nightfall loot (at level 29, carried by Lukwest, mind you) more worth than anyone Ghorn bought from Xur? That is some very elitist statement you did there and I think you should retract it. Gjallahorn isn't a weapon you have to work for, it was purely a bless from the RNGesus every now and then, so there is nothing wrong of people being able to buy it.

• Like 1

Why is it a shame that they are selling it? Is your random drop granting you more right to have that rathen than someone who bought it from Xur? Is my first nightfall loot (at level 29, carried by Lukwest, mind you) more worth than anyone Ghorn bought from Xur? That is some very elitist statement you did there and I think you should retract it. Gjallahorn isn't a weapon you have to work for, it was purely a bless from the RNGesus every now and then, so there is nothing wrong of people being able to buy it.

Every game needs something to separate the top player's who really play from the crowd the gjallahorn did a decent job of doing that. If it's elitist for me to pick someone on what weapon's they have so be it my goal is to be and play with the best nothing wrong with that. As for the LFG comment just look at .net already thousand's asking for high grimore this is because the community wants to separate the good from the bad destiny has the privilege of being manys first mmo type game people who've played mmos knows how this works.    Just my 2 cents sorry for the bad spelling if theirs any on mobile.

• Like 1

Xur sold Gjallarhorn 2 weeks after the game release. During that time most people could not afford the weapon and those that could, opted it to get a piece of exotic armor since "An exotic rocket launcher was a waste of exotic space". People didn't much about the weapon back then so they passed on that one. I have obtained the weapon like 8 or 9 times already and i'm not mad, Xur is selling it.

You don't earn anything on Destiny (unless is an exotic weapon bounty). Everything you obtain is random, besides the strange coins have to be earned on the first place in order to obtain any exotic weapon or armor Xur sells.

tumblr_nt307bI2U61tgixllo1_1280.gif

Edited by Paige

Now that they're selling this at the close of year one, I hope in year two they have a similarly coveted weapon for people to clamour for.

Whilst the chase in this game didn't quite grab me as it did with Final Fantasy XIV, Bungie scare me with their interviews stating that they do not want to make another overpowered weapon.  It makes me think they miss the point, and having something to chase and then elate over when achieved and then continue to bask in its achievement is what makes the game appealing.

If nothing is overpowered, nothing is worth an overtly long chase and then nothing is worth logging in for.

This is my first Gjallarhorn, and that's perfectly fine with me.  I logged in, did a strike, bought it, logged straight back out.  I'll play with it in a month I expect, and I hope that a Gjallarhorn v2 (if they followed Ratachet & Clank R.Y.NO. sensibilities that would be amazing) will be there to aim for whilst I'm leveling it.

• Like 1

I bought 8 :D BECAUSE WHY THE FLIP NOT, IT'S GJALLARHORN!!!

I already had six and was hoping for the trading company to come through where I could sell my extras. :pimp:

Now I'll just wait to see what happens for TTK as far as trophies go before I delete the spares.

• Like 1