What's your main media leaning: Western or Japanese?

Zenpai

106 members have voted

1. 1. What's your main media leaning: Western or Japanese?

• 100% Western, 0% Japanese
    • 80% Western, 20% Japanese
    • 60% Western, 40% Japanese
    • 50% Western, 50% Japanese
    • 40% Western, 60% Japanese
    • 20% Western, 80% Japanese
    • 0% Western, 100% Japanese

They probably didn't watch enough anime to learn how to do it properly. Watching anime is the only way to be truly japanese. Also randomly throwing a japanese word in mid sentence baka.

The single like I've given here does not accurately portray just how much I love this particular grouping of words at this point in time. :P

• Like 2

Western includes everything from old continent?

They probably didn't watch enough anime to learn how to do it properly. Watching anime is the only way to be truly japanese. Also randomly throwing a japanese word in mid sentence baka.

Nya! You forgot to add that you have to be an anime character to become a true japanese.

True story but off-topic: I live in the US near a military air base that specializes in testing new aircraft and training test pilots. There's a lot of pilots from foreign militaries there too, because they attend our test pilot school. Anyways, my wife and I are at a local sushi restaurant, which are by and large run by Korean or Chinese people here in the US. Two helicopter pilots from the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force sit down later and order their sushi. Now, I don't speak Japanese but I can pick up on a few words and key in on peoples' vocal inflection, enough to know when someone is making fun of someone else in a foreign language. Those Japanese pilots were talking mad shit about those Korean sushi chefs and their sushi making skills in their own restaurant, yo. LOL

Even though I'm nearly 100% certain I don't live near you, I also live near a military air base that also specializes in testing new technology as we also have a massive military research facility near by (I've got a cronie that works in research). I've had damn near the same experience. I about cracked up listening to them.

How can someone be 100% western when playstation is from east. Although some may not have a playstation they still ARE on THIS website which leans more onto the east side so technically its impossible to be 100% on west side while using this site  :D

Brilliant.

But, unfortunately, 100% western also covers >90%, I would guess =D

• Like 1

I don't think so there's more countries in asia than Japan and there's other significant countries in this world other than just english speaking ones.

You said media so we're not just talking games, this includes stuff like film, music and books.

South Korea? K-pop > J-pop and it's widely known that Korea makes a lot of quality movies. 

It's about 50 - 50 for me.

I watch a lot of anime when I am at home, but watch a lot of western TV shows at work (benefits of working at a call center with down time :D)

When it comes to games I play a lot of both. I just enjoy both sides of them equally. If the game is fun and has fun trophies then I'm sold!

Edited by SalazarXCIII

I said 80 West/20 East.

I watch almost no foreign (to me) movies.  The only non-English music I listen to is the occasional anime opener.  I love The Walking Dead, Family Guy, The Simpsons (the older episodes).  I used to be pretty heavily into anime in my younger years, but I haven't done much there in a while.  Think I might look into Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood though, I liked the original TV series a lot.

Games are largely Western... with the occasional Final Fantasy, Ni no Kuni, The Evil Within and Resident Evil thrown into the mix.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Even though I don't watch anime, movies or read something japanese, a variety of my favorites games and franchises are japanes (Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and Devil May Cry). I still know there's so much I can dive into all the incredible media Japan has to offer, that's why I'm afraid of it.