Mortal Kombat X for the PS3 has been officially cancelled.

After months of development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has come to the regrettable conclusion that we cannot release Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.  Please know our teams worked diligently to meet the quality standards set by the current-gen versions of the game.  We were not able to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to the quality expected of a Mortal Kombat game and are very sorry for not being able to deliver the products as originally planned. 

If you pre-ordered Mortal Kombat X for PS3 or Xbox 360, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the game and you will receive a full refund. 

I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title. 

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Announcement-About-Old-Gen-Editions-of-MKX/m-p/750024

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like old gen Mortal Kombat fans will have to upgrade to current gen!

• Like 1

Ditto. One one hand, that frees up resources to make improvements to the PS4 and X1 versions....but on the other hand, it sucks for everyone who was looking forward to it.

Maybe if they had decided to make it exclusively current gen, they could have made the game even better... 

Edited by xZoneHunter

Better for them to realize they can't develop a game for last-gen than to release a broken game.

I'd rather they just make the decision sooner, I mean how long did it really take them to realise you know what this isn't going to work.

I'd be wary of a dev teams competence if it took this long to realise a game looks like shit. They should've been working on this game for ages and hopefully not just randomly trying to put something together after it launched on current gen machines.

I love you MAYUS !!!!!!

*ahem* (just kidding)

Mortal Kombat X cancelled :( what the hell did you do Buu ?

To be honnest, the idea to put that game on PS3 was really stupid...MK9 is still good on PS3.  

Edited by Souls_BaKer

I'd rather they just make the decision sooner, I mean how long did it really take them to realise you know what this isn't going to work.

I'd be wary of a dev teams competence if it took this long to realise a game looks like shit. They should've been working on this game for ages and hopefully not just randomly trying to put something together after it launched on current gen machines.

Just so you know which dev team to blame, as far as I'm aware Netherrealm weren't porting it to last-gen and that task was instead handed to High Voltage Software

Edited by Makise Kurisu

• 3 months later...

Seriously, who still use old-gen consoles? They're dead now.

I've actually been playing more on my PS2 this year than I have on any other console. That's right, the PS2, not the PS3.

Games are what matter, not graphics, release date or anything else. If a game's really good, it'll stay good, regardless of platform.

• Like 1