PSNP interviews (Idea)

great awesome new totally original idea you got there.

would have to admit, they are 1 or 2 members I do find overly interesting :hmm: .

like My daddy always said, the more U know about someone the easier it is to push him down, I mean up.

hahaha, but seriously, this something that can make for good readings.

1. Personally I think it would be a great starting point for new members that want to know a bit more about the community they are joining.

2. Give me some feedback. Am I out of touch and this isnt wanted at all? Do you guys have better ideas that you've wanted to see in interviews before?

3. If you dont think this idea is great, or pointless, make yourself heard. I'm not going to waste my and your time with it, if the community doesnt want it.

1. Yes it would be a great starting point for new members -

2. No your nor out of touch, this is a positive idea -

3. this idea is splendid, it is nice to see that you are trying to move away from motm and polls

A+ for this thread

I love the idea and also love that you are removing the complete bias that was the .com site.

Sorry Comp, but it always scratched me (as well as many I know/knew) the wrong way when you and other mods would get voted for motm. A lot of people did feel like it was not only wrong that mods got to be nominated but most just saw it as a popularity contest. One of many reasons I am no longer active at the other site.

Altered, Sly, et all, keep up the great ideas and great work.

It would be really awesome to read some interviews of members, and I really like the idea where people can post questions they want to ask to a certain member so that it won't be a standard questions list every single time but with a different member answering them.

• Like 2

How are you planning to do the interviews??? Q&A via e-mail? Recording a skype interview? private chatbox? personally I'd like to see #2.

For the time being it will most likely be a combination of 1 & 3. Point 2 is a brilliant idea though, which I would like to visit in the future if said members are up for having their image plastered up on the site.

For the time being it will most likely be a combination of 1 & 3. Point 2 is a brilliant idea though, which I would like to visit in the future if said members are up for having their image plastered up on the site.

I've seen Skype in action (installed it so the wife could talk to the kids on the east coast) but haven't dicked around with what it can do. Having a split screen with the interviewer/interviewee would really be sweet. Probably uploading the interview to youtube and then linking to it would be the posting method. I'm just throwing out possibilities, I'm not knowledgeable on if it is possible with the program.

Edited by PSXtreme_

I think that is a fantastic idea. I actually had no idea that it even existed over at .com (I guess that shows how much I am here and not there lol ;P). Also, if you ever wanted to interview me, I would enthusiastically agree! Just the whole concept is sweet.

I've seen Skype in action (installed it so the wife could talk to the kids on the east coast) but haven't dicked around with what it can do. Having a split screen with the interviewer/interviewee would really be sweet. Probably uploading the interview to youtube and then linking to it would be the posting method. I'm just throwing out possibilities, I'm not knowledgeable on if it is possible with the program.

Yeah you could do it like this but you'll need to download a program that would record the call, like camstasia for example.

i think its a great idea :)

I'm all for this, so long as it doesn't turn out the same way the old forums did (totally formulaic, no unique questions at all directed to the interviewee). I'm not sure how Comp's system works, I mean the way they were done before that.

There are a few people who I'd love to see an interview from. :)

You're a member of our community. No reason why you wouldnt qualify.

What if everybody hates you and wished you weren't around anymore. Would you still be likely to get an interview?

You're a member of our community. No reason why you wouldnt qualify.

What if everybody hates you and wished you weren't around anymore. Would you still be likely to get an interview?

I'm not a fan of how the interviews were handled on the other site but I'd be all for interviews here, as long as it doesn't turn into a popularity contest and the same set of questions are asked each and every time. Sure there will be some common questions like "how did you get into gaming" or something of the sort, but I'd like to see a bit of personality and originality from the questions themselves. Learning more about our fellow PSNP'ers can never be a bad thing. B)

Parker

• Like 1