Playstation Store Price History

"Hmm, this game was at its cheapest price 5 months ago. To bad it's not 5 months ago, when I could've bought that game at its cheapest price!"

Well, if you see a game on sale at 50%, but that the same game already has been discounted to 80%, you know that it is not especiallyt the right time to buy it... So yeah, it could be usefull.

• Like 1

Why would this be a great idea for a trophy tracking site?

Which regions PSN store should the site track, if implemented?

NA first, and maybe europe 

Well, if you see a game on sale at 50%, but that the same game already has been discounted to 80%, you know that it is not especiallyt the right time to buy it... So yeah, it could be usefull.

Yes, and it could also predict when the pricedrop is gonna start again for the game

I'm sold. Where should Sly get the team of trained chimpanzees with which to input all this information to the site? :P

• Like 1

they dont really need to put all the games, maybe just all popular games

The thing with popular games is, that they are popular! :awesome: 

You can find them everywhere cheap as secondhand. The question is, why should I care about the way too overpriced PSN-prices in the first place?

I never was like "Ohh lets look at PSN if the 70€ game, that is 30€ as disc, 20€ in the US, or 10€ used, is suddenly cheaper or was it somewhen in the past, which is unimportant anyway, because even with saleprices I can get it cheaper on disc."

It would be something different with japanese games and their digital-only-plague... :P

Hmm, the problem -as you know- is digital games do not depreciate in the same way as physical ones.

And, really, nothing helps you to predict if you're going to get a better price next time than an actual sale.

It's just a matter of luck.

All depends on the agreement between Sony and the publishers.

Bethesda put Dishonored DLCs at great price before they release its last dlc, now every time you see a Bethesda sale they're expensive than that day (just one day some of them were at that great price) and that last DLC never drop like those old dlc (less than 7.50).

You can track using psn website, that's what I do, that's how everytime I see a new sale I post things like: well. this game you find at a great price (Magus $2) it was on sale at $1 many months ago.

In my case -due my region- I go to us psn blog and go to Search and use the tags and categories.

Edited by GoldenShaka

The thing with popular games is, that they are popular! :awesome:

You can find them everywhere cheap as secondhand. The question is, why should I care about the way too overpriced PSN-prices in the first place?

I never was like "Ohh lets look at PSN if the 70€ game, that is 30€ as disc, 20€ in the US, or 10€ used, is suddenly cheaper or was it somewhen in the past, which is unimportant anyway, because even with saleprices I can get it cheaper on disc."

It would be something different with japanese games and their digital-only-plague... :P

There are plenty of popular games without a retail release...

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Broken Sword 5 (I think, may be wrong. Although it's getting a PS4 release soon)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

FEZ

Guacamelee

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth...

There are plenty.

I personally don't think this'd be useful - I doubt it'd show us any meaningful patterns, and it'd be difficult to implement and then keep updated (probably). Sly could get specific members to handle it, like the guide team, but imo it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

There are plenty of popular games without a retail release...

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Broken Sword 5 (I think, may be wrong. Although it's getting a PS4 release soon)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

FEZ

Guacamelee

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth...

There are plenty.

I personally don't think this'd be useful - I doubt it'd show us any meaningful patterns, and it'd be difficult to implement and then keep updated (probably). Sly could get specific members to handle it, like the guide team, but imo it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Yes, and as you said, considering that we're not going to get a pattern we don't need a detailed history, IF this is implemented it would be just the best price, something like:

Bastion PS4: (Price) $3.45 (Region) NA (Event) Ps store update 7/21/15.

So, you compare that price with your actual sale and your wallet.

Edited by GoldenShaka

How about just buying games when you think it's a good deal and worth the price for you. Whatever it's on sale or launch prices. It's not that hard to follow weekly sales. :)

This is one of those things that seems like a good idea in your head, but when you say it to someone else you realise it's not all that good.

This. This is exactly what I thought when I saw this topic.

• Like 1

I use this site:

https://psprices.com/region-us/explore?platform=PSVita

You change the platform...I usually look for Vita related PNS prices.

That looks like it takes care of the TC's problem. They'll even send out emails to you if you want to track a game.

As an aside, I thought the original idea was fine, and hardly worth some of the mockery found here, but I also think that if someone else is doing it, there's no need to attempt to improve upon it.