Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Trophies shouldn't be participation awards. What I highlighted bold in your post just isn't the right way to go about it. I shouldn't of attempted Challenge 6 in Vanquish, but I did it anyway and got a great deal of satisfaction.

If I got a little sense of satisfaction and thought about how many hours I wasted, then I might as well give up the entire hobby of trophy hunting and go back to Steam.

@djb5fis not wrong, you are just different people. I understand what he means, that feeling of ‘was it all really worth it?’ emptiness. Sometimes I think it isn’t. In the coming months and years you look back and get a bit of a kick ‘Oh nice I’m proud of that ultra rare’ but it isn’t worth it when the enjoyment stops. 

Quitting and taking a break and coming back to it won’t make it fun again. I’ve given up trophies for months and years at a time because the waste of time thoughts come to me now and again. 

If you think the high sense of satisfaction at the end is worth the suffering that’s your opinion. 

Edited by MiloFPS
  • Like 1

When it comes to trophies, I see both your points @Spaz & @djb5f. For me personally, I think trophy hunting is something that is very subjective. Some people have the patience and perseverance to go all out when it comes to getting a trophy, while others simply do not. I'm not saying that one type of trophy hunter is better than the other, but there definitely is a difference in mindset between the two people. 

When I'm trophy hunting, it's not uncommon for me to think to myself "Is this really worth it?" when I get to a difficult trophy. For example, take any fighting game's combo challenges. So much time and energy is spent on doing the same task over and over. And yes, it often doesn't feel worth it when I'm in the middle of working on them, but I keep pushing because I know at the end it'll be worth it to me. Not everyone will have the same drive to complete them, and that's the subjective part. This is where many people stop because they don't want to waste time. I like to think that time spent here isn't really wasted if you: 1) are still enjoying yourself or 2) complete the task that the trophy asks of you which will give you that satisfaction. 

I agree with you @djb5f when you say that sometimes it's worth stopping because it may not be worth it in the end. I have gone for a handful of trophies in the past that I told myself if I had to do them all over again, I wouldn't do them. However, I still felt they were worth it in the end. 

At the same time, I understand where @Spaz is coming from. Often times, trophy hunting really feels like a chore more than anything but that just comes with the hobby. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have many platinum trophies if I quit playing games as soon as they stopped being fun or if I encountered a difficult / time consuming trophy. Trophy hunting is one of those things where you might not feel any satisfaction while working towards a platinum, but once you finally get there, it becomes worth it. It's very rare for me to achieve a trophy and feel as though "Well that wasn't worth it". I'm not saying that hasn't happened before (because it has) but it's very rare. Usually it's because I know what I'm getting myself into and I know that it will be worth it once I get there. 

In the end, it all comes back to the individual. I wouldn't tell anyone to keep going for something after they've stopped having fun but there is a certain mindset that's needed to reach the 'top'. From my experience however, I generally feel like time is only wasted if I've already invested tons of hours into something only to stop trying. I agree that you should have beaten this mode by now @MiloFPS seeing as how far you've made it numerous times. It really seems like the game is robbing you which is why I would totally understand if you quit trying this. At the end of the day, you just need to make the right decision for you. Real life is more important than a virtual icon after all. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 2

It's very challenging, but it's becoming more and more easier and quicker to complete chapters as you become familiar with the sections, you just need to be solid, if you having a stress or a bad feeling before a section, pause the game and rest a little bit.

after I beat Wolfenstein 2 I knew I will go back to my PS3 and try it. it will take some time, but in the end if there is good progress then it's a good sign. I had some difficulties, but I took it in a positive way and knew it will come with time. you need to practice to become the master.

7 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

@djb5fis not wrong, you are just different people. I understand what he means, that feeling of ‘was it all really worth it?’ emptiness. Sometimes I think it isn’t. In the coming months and years you look back and get a bit of a kick ‘Oh nice I’m proud of that ultra rare’ but it isn’t worth it when the enjoyment stops. 

Quitting and taking a break and coming back to it won’t make it fun again. I’ve given up trophies for months and years at a time because the waste of time thoughts come to me now and again. 

If you think the high sense of satisfaction at the end is worth the suffering that’s your opinion. 

Again, this is the mindset I was referring to. 

I’m not saying this is bad, but going about challenging trophies this way, I wouldn’t of ever gotten Super Meat Boy or Vanquish done. 

I mean it’s okay if you decide to quit forever, after all we still play games to have fun. My preference is I like to go after a challenge every once in a while, that’s how I’ve been as a gamer even back in the World of Warcraft heydays. 

Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-10-29 at 7:35 AM, MiloFPS said:

Taking a break might be a good idea for you Milo. Go enjoy some other games for a bit, then come back and try again. Or maybe limit your attempts to just once per week or something.

But please don’t give up for good!! I know there are several people out there including myself who have been following your journey and are rooting for you. I know I am eagerly awaiting for that inevitable day when I check this thread and see your SUCCESS post! I know you can do it man!! Besides, I need some inspiration and good feelings because I’m about to attempt this insanity myself soon enough. ?

Sending you good vibes brother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-10 at 4:34 AM, Ghost-TeamX said:

blah blah blah

Wow, awesome job Ghost! It’s really cool that you came back to this after such a long time, and managed to bang it out. I admire your perseverance. ?

One thing I find really interesting when reading through all the stories in this thread, is that no matter how much you practice you put in or how many runs of the game you’ve done, it’s pretty much inevitable that NYMHC will be full of tiny little situations or minor moments where things don’t go according to plan, where a situation unfolds in a way you’ve never seen before in all your previous practices, where the enemy AI behaves strangely and forces you out of your comfort zone etc.

It seems like you can practice all you want, but so much of this trophy comes down to your skills (with a bit of luck sprinkled on top), and your ability to stay cool and think on your feet when things start going downhill. I know from my own experience in other games that I tend to panic in these kinds of situations, and as I scramble to regain control I end up piling on mistakes and sliding into a situation that is impossible to recover from.

Speaking of practice though, which chapters and checkpoints did you find the most dangerous/risky, and therefore most important to practice? I’ve identified a few problem areas for sure that I need to practice: 

- the molotov gauntlet section

- both mini-boss rooms in the police station

- the final Becker fight

- the conveyor belt in the baggage claim beginning of Ch. 14 

- the middle section of Ch. 8

- Ch. 11 boat area when you move from middle to top deck (I ALWAYS get fucked here and take a shit ton of damage. Can’t seem to find a good strategy)

- Ch. 11 long range shooting section next to the truck, right as you come off the boat and before the zip line building (especially worried about running out of ammo right as I reach there)

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I’m probably missing a bunch more that I’ve forgotten, but if you can think of anything else to add to the list I could use your advice! I just finished Challenge Mode the other day, so that just leaves me with my NYM playthrough and some practice runs before I’m ready for the big kahuna. Eeeek!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Wow, awesome job Ghost! It’s really cool that you came back to this after such a long time, and managed to bang it out. I admire your perseverance. 1f642.png

One thing I find really interesting when reading through all the stories in this thread, is that no matter how much you practice you put in or how many runs of the game you’ve done, it’s pretty much inevitable that NYMHC will be full of tiny little situations or minor moments where things don’t go according to plan, where a situation unfolds in a way you’ve never seen before in all your previous practices, where the enemy AI behaves strangely and forces you out of your comfort zone etc.

It seems like you can practice all you want, but so much of this trophy comes down to your skills (with a bit of luck sprinkled on top), and your ability to stay cool and think on your feet when things start going downhill. I know from my own experience in other games that I tend to panic in these kinds of situations, and as I scramble to regain control I end up piling on mistakes and sliding into a situation that is impossible to recover from.

Speaking of practice though, which chapters and checkpoints did you find the most dangerous/risky, and therefore most important to practice? I’ve identified a few problem areas for sure that I need to practice: 

- the final Becker fight

- Ch. 11 boat area when you move from middle to top deck (I ALWAYS get fucked here and take a shit ton of damage. Can’t seem to find a good strategy)

- Ch. 11 long range shooting section next to the truck, right as you come off the boat and before the zip line building (especially worried about running out of ammo right as I reach there)

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I’m probably missing a bunch more that I’ve forgotten, but if you can think of anything else to add to the list I could use your advice! I just finished Challenge Mode the other day, so that just leaves me with my NYM playthrough and some practice runs before I’m ready for the big kahuna. Eeeek!

1. know all the locations of the painkillers, because in the long run you'll need it and it's better to be safe than sorry.

2. towards the last chapters the enemies will be a pain in the ass because they are heavily armored and in my case sometimes it took me a full magazine to kill one soldier, so it's better to aim at their legs if you can't go for the headshot. 

3. be quick but make sure that you are also protecting your companions because in some parts Passos and etc can die instantly.

4. in some certain chapters and sections double wielding pistols or uzi's are believed to be more effective and powerful than using an assault rifle, just make sure you have enough ammo.

a good way of using that strategy is towards the end of a chapter, this way you will be sure that you have enough ammo.

5. before entering a stressing part pause and take a breath because you'll need all the focus, so be calm and practice the areas where you think you are not mastered enough, some parts can be a pain in the ass like the boat area and the fear of running out of ammo.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Wow, awesome job Ghost! It’s really cool that you came back to this after such a long time, and managed to bang it out. I admire your perseverance. 1f642.png

- the final Becker fight

These are the most important part to practice from my point of view:

* Chapter 5 final bulletcam on the boat (Everything before is too early to explicitly practice and you will know the first 5 chapter in and out after the first two attempts :D

* Chapter 6 Part 2: Make sure you can do this part 100% safe. Also watch out not to stand still in any way while walking through the fire, it might trigger an instant kill. The first part of chapter 6 is not too bad and if the game wants to kill the IT guy with a granade, there's nothing you can do about it.

* Chapter 7: The hardest part is the beginning and the end with the Molotovs. Practice those sections. This chapter has a lot of painkillers so you shouldn't have too many problems in the middle section. Also make sure to never kill the guys with flares as that might trigger a bug where enemies won't spawn anymore

* Chapter 8: The entire chapter is tight on painkillers and hugely dangerous. At least practive the part up to the shovel scene.

* Chapter 9: This chapter is not really difficult and very short, but you can die easily at the beginning, where you're being rushed. Also make sure to know the QTE button for the final scene. Pressing a wrong button and even pressing the correct one twice is an instant game over, so make sure to never mash any button!

* Chapter 10: Practice the scene at the gas station to get into an offensive rhythm, where they cannot corner you with grenades. The final defense part in the bus is also worth practicing.

* Chapter 11: Make sure to know this chapter very well and develop a strat where you can safely snipe the guys when having to go up stairs.

* Chapter 12: I found this one to be rather easy. Only the final MG dude is risky, to practice that part.

* Chapter 13: I played this chapter multiple times in it's entirety. The most dangerous parts are the very beginning(blindfire the first guy and then kill the other two with bullettime), then the APC scene. Get a feeling for the timing and get comfortable with leaving cover rather late here. Don't make the same mistake as I did and get out of cover to early. There is a lot of time in his fire pause, so better be a bit late here than too early!

And not to mention, the Bachmeyer fight is also extremely dangerous as you will not have a final stand when he kills you

* Chapter 14: Practice the shit out of the Becker fight of course and also the final vehicle scene.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

* Chapter 5 final bulletcam on the boat (Everything before is too early to explicitly practice and you will know the first 5 chapter in and out after the first two attempts :D

* Chapter 6 Part 2: Make sure you can do this part 100% safe. Also watch out not to stand still in any way while walking through the fire, it might trigger an instant kill. The first part of chapter 6 is not too bad and if the game wants to kill the IT guy with a granade, there's nothing you can do about it.

* Chapter 7: The hardest part is the beginning and the end with the Molotovs. Practice those sections. This chapter has a lot of painkillers so you shouldn't have too many problems in the middle section. Also make sure to never kill the guys with flares as that might trigger a bug where enemies won't spawn anymore

* Chapter 8: The entire chapter is tight on painkillers and hugely dangerous. At least practive the part up to the shovel scene.

* Chapter 9: This chapter is not really difficult and very short, but you can die easily at the beginning, where you're being rushed. Also make sure to know the QTE button for the final scene. Pressing a wrong button and even pressing the correct one twice is an instant game over, so make sure to never mash any button!

* Chapter 10: Practice the scene at the gas station to get into an offensive rhythm, where they cannot corner you with grenades. The final defense part in the bus is also worth practicing.

* Chapter 11: Make sure to know this chapter very well and develop a strat where you can safely snipe the guys when having to go up stairs.

* Chapter 12: I found this one to be rather easy. Only the final MG dude is risky, to practice that part.

* Chapter 13: I played this chapter multiple times in it's entirety. The most dangerous parts are the very beginning(blindfire the first guy and then kill the other two with bullettime), then the APC scene. Get a feeling for the timing and get comfortable with leaving cover rather late here. Don't make the same mistake as I did and get out of cover to early. There is a lot of time in his fire pause, so better be a bit late here than too early!

And not to mention, the Bachmeyer fight is also extremely dangerous as you will not have a final stand when he kills you

* Chapter 14: Practice the shit out of the Becker fight of course and also the final vehicle scene.

All of these tips are spot on.

I would add that in chapter 11, when you are running into the room with the piano, those guys INSTANTLY put you into last stand and take all your BT. The sun is also bright and you have to pre empt when to hit BT and kill when the first guy comes out of cover. Then you have to hit BT again and run and you can STILL get into last stand. 1-5, 7 (apart from Molotov sections) 9, 10 and 12 I found easy, never died more than once in any of them and only by fluke.

Chapter 13: In addition to what Ghost-TeamX said, the part with the smoke and laser guys before the lift can kill you very easily. I take cover in the corner of the CCTV room and aim for the origin point of the laser. Still, you can die. I went from 9 to 4 pks here one time.

The last guy in the upstairs office before the LMG guy froze my game 5 times here. Deliberately get into last stand mode and make sure you take him with a pistol. Using an assault rifle ALWAYS froze my game and landing multiple shots always guarantees a glitch, hence why LS mode is safer here. There is a pk in the rear left room so you can reclaim the one you gave away.

When you are in automatic shoot dodge and take cover behind the crash cart, there are red laser snipers that will kill you INSTANTLY. One of them killed me and I didn't even see his laser, so take them out fast. There is always one on the far left that you cannot kill unless you leave cover. He is quick, hit BT and kill. If you have none, good luck. It forces you to leave cover but use the TPS cover trick and DO NOT go to the pillar since you have no coverage there and you are basically a dead man already.

Never died on Bachmeyer, just always keep to the filing cabinet on the left and don't leave. Before him, stock on as much ammo as you can, leave one guy alive and move cover to cover to pick up remaining ammo. Then pop the two guys on both waves, then unload on the ceiling tiles.

Just remember one stupid trophy isn't worth the suffering and stress.

Edited by MiloFPS
Edit for spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

Chapter 13: In addition to what Ghost-TeamX said, the part with the smoke and laser guys before the lift can kill you very easily. I take cover in the corner of the CCTV room and aim for the origin point of the laser. Still, you can die. I went from 9 to 4 pks here one time.

My strategy for this room is to place myself in the top right corner of the security room when facing the elevators. The room is very tight in this corner but the walls will protect you from direct fire up front. Stay in this corner while not using the cover mechanics and aim to the left(facing the entry door to this room).

The enemies will come over the left side of the room, where you can easily take them out, one buy one.

Sometimes, a guy will rush into the room. Just be ready for this and active bullettime to easily kill him.

With this strategy I never died on that room and take 2 Painkillers at most if something would really go south

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Very good pieces of advice.

I would like to add something VERY important with regard to chapter 13 and that APC part

The APC fires a fixed amount of times, cannot remember the exact amount but I believe it was somewhere between 20 and 25 shots.

Just count and once it has fired the last shot : Get out of cover and nail the rest of the chapter as well :)

7 hours ago, lettmon said:

You guys are crazy, it wouldn't even cross my mind to attempt something like that.

It's not crazy at all. it doesn't even that hard to be honest, yes some parts can be pain in the ass, but overall the game suffers from various bugs that can ruin the NYMHC runs but luckily playing offline solves that issue. with a good amount of practice and a good run you can do it with no problem. it will require minimal skill regardless because you'll need to get used to free aim.

this game is so good that it was more fun to me to replay it over and over again. story wise it's one of the best I've ever played.

• Like 3

Just got my PS3 out again after weeks of not playing. 

Fail #63 (and final): Chapter 13. Office. You guess the rest. 
I got into last stand on purpose with the pistol, that was the final thing left to try. I’ve tried everything else. I play offline, golden guns on/off, rebuilt database, use different weapons, been in all areas of the room -  nothing works. 

It was a flawless perfect run as well, I’ve never played better. It was the best I’ve ever gamed full stop. 

However this platinum is unobtainable for me.  I knew it was never meant to be, for some reason you just know. 

Edited by MiloFPS

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

I got into last stand on purpose with the pistol, that was the final thing left to try. I’ve tried everything else. I play offline, golden guns on/off, rebuilt database, use different weapons, been in all areas of the room -  nothing works. 

It was a flawless perfect run as well, I’ve never played better. It was the best I’ve ever gamed full stop. 

However this platinum is unobtainable for me.  I knew it was never meant to be, for some reason you just know. 

welp, that's deep, your console betrayed you. apart from playing offline and try to do the best I can't really think of a solution for the freezing, or whatever the problem is with this room. and probably it's more difficult to get into last stand there because of the risk of dying and losing the run but idk try to keep it natural as you could because trying to force last stand is not the ideal way.

2 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Wow I don't even know what to say. This really is quite the mystery. If you've tried everything that people have suggested, the only left I can think of is maybe trying a different copy of the game? Maybe if you're using digital try a physical copy. Or if you're using physical, try a digital copy. If you're using a physical copy, maybe try a different physical copy? I really don't know what else to suggest at this point. :/

10 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Honestly I respect your dedication for coming back again and again after all those freezes. Honestly if that game froze on chapter 13 just twice, I definitely would have broken that disc and never tried again°

But seriously, this isn't normal. I assume you are using the digital version, because I've never heard of these freezes from disc people.

If I were you, I'd just spend those 10 bucks on a disc copy and easily grab that trophy you deserve for a very long time.

If you actually use a disc version, then is must be your System. If so, go call a buddy and borrow his PS3.

But going on as before really seems pointless. Have you ever made it past that freeze spot on chapter 13?

31 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Honestly I respect your dedication for coming back again and again after all those freezes. Honestly if that game froze on chapter 13 just twice, I definitely would have broken that disc and never tried again°

But seriously, this isn't normal. I assume you are using the digital version, because I've never heard of these freezes from disc people.

If I were you, I'd just spend those 10 bucks on a disc copy and easily grab that trophy you deserve for a very long time.

If you actually use a disc version, then is must be your System. If so, go call a buddy and borrow his PS3.

But going on as before really seems pointless. Have you ever made it past that freeze spot on chapter 13?

I purchased the game back in 2013 as a physical copy and even for me the game froze twice in a row at this exact miniboss on chapter 13.

Luckily the 3rd time i got there while playing offline it didn't freeze and I managed to beat it,

It just seems to be very random and based on luck more than anything else to be honest.

Also I did this on my fat PS3 that I bought in 2008 so it's a 12 years old console, not sure if it played a big role on the game freezing though.

15 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

I have the disc version and I play on a Feb 2010 model slim. It came with Heavy Rain back then.

I died on Becker twice, so I did make it but on a different disc (I snapped that one after it froze 3 times on me. The new one froze 3 times on me but I have not made it through on the new disc. I would love to play this on PS5 - I guarantee it would not freeze - as said before it's purely because the PS3 with its cell processor and GPU etc. is just not good at loading so much game in one go.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MiloFPS said:

I have the disc version and I play on a Feb 2010 model slim. It came with Heavy Rain back then.

I died on Becker twice, so I did make it but on a different disc (I snapped that one after it froze 3 times on me. The new one froze 3 times on me but I have not made it through on the new disc. I would love to play this on PS5 - I guarantee it would not freeze - as said before it's purely because the PS3 with its cell processor and GPU etc. is just not good at loading so much game in one go.

I don’t know how helpful this is, but I’ve heard some people say they pause the game and leave it there for a few minutes or so to let the loading “catch up” so to speak. Maybe you could try doing this at the start of Chapter 13, or before the office fight?

Also thanks to you & Ghost for all the tips in the above posts. I appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

My failures: 

Chapter 2: Shot Giovanna

I was pretty clueless on my first run and lost pretty early on. Trying to shoot the enemy, a bullet lands on Giovanna, killing her. 

Chapter 5: Unlucky Grenades

I was close to the boardwalk and was playing defensively. Little did I know, it costed me the run when the grenade icon appeared and there was nothing to do.

Chapter 8: Pesky Snipers

On the sniping section, I confused myself by thinking everyone was dead after killing the sniper. Little did I know, someone would come out of the abyss and one-shot me.

Chapter 8: No Painkillers

I couldn’t even believe how I threw out this run. I took damage like a bitch on the second encounter and that costed me the whole run, not being able to recover despite being careful afterwards.

Chapter 10: Stupid Shotguns

I was about to get into the bus when two guys think I shouldn’t. After clearing the office, someone pops out of nowhere and makes me use my last painkiller. I cautiously walk down the stairs and as soon as I see the final guy, BOOM! Dead as a doorknob and I was pissed.

Chapter 6: Exploded IT

This one is bullshit. I was playing offensive and all the sudden, the IT guy gets exploded. There was nothing I could have done.

Chapter 4: Fucking Passos

I was shooting at enemies when my useless sidekick decides it is a good idea to walk in my line of fire. You guess the rest.

Edited by LethalShark20

• 3 weeks later...

This fucking mode ? lol. Like quite a few others, the game froze on me in chapter 13 right after killing the last enemy before the mini boss...and this happened 3 times, the first 2 times happened during 2 attempts in a row. It also bugged out on me in the beginning of chapter 7, after the small strip joint fight at the very start, where the game didn't progress and spawn the enemies and parts of the map like it should, therefore running out of time eventually...this bug happened to me 2 attempts in a row. Didn't realize the chapter 7 bug could have been avoided by playing offline...too bad I didn't find this out till I researched about all these possible bugs afterwards :facepalm: Being offline still didn't stop the chapter 13 freeze from happening though. 

Fortunately, I did another NYMHC run the next morning and ended up avoiding the freeze glitch this run (I only happened to avoid the freeze once in another run, but unfortunately I died in chapter 14, more details about it below). I think what worked for me this time around was getting into Last Man Standing when killing the last guy before the mini boss. Even though I wasted 2 painkillers subsequently (one to activate LMS purposefully for the last guy and one being used by LMS being activated again from being shot directly afterwards by the mini boss since I was vulnerable and out in the open), it was worth it since I was able to progress this time. Another possible reason that I was able to get pass the chapter 13 freeze this time was because my PS3 wasn't hot (and I guess in theory, the PS3 was able to load more efficiently) since it was my first attempt of the day, and after my system being turned off and resting the whole night before, so maybe this could be part of it as well, not sure what exactly worked this time around. At the end of chapter 12 I was VERY close to dying by being caught in LMS by an enemy at the top of the stairs near the two painkillers before the last mini boss. To make things worse this LMS occurred during a tremor so it made aiming for the enemy a lot harder. Fortunately, I managed to pull off a lucky headshot at the last second :dance: In chapter 14 there was another close call by being in LMS with the sniper in the lower part of the train station where the enemy cuts off the power. Luckily, I was able to spot the guy who shot me since I had trouble finding him for the first few seconds. Another second or so, I would have died. The Becker fight at the end wasn't too bad. Although, at the start I was struggling a bit killing some of the enemies without Bullet Time to get my Bullet Time bar up, but once I filled it up to nearly a full bar I was able to activate BT and pop headshots left and right without much trouble. I think I probably would have died during the fight from a flying grenade if I let the grenade come about a half a second or more closer before blowing it up midair. Another grenade managed to blow up next to me, but I was able to hide behind one of the luggage carts while it was still usable as cover, so I was safe there. Almost all tension and pressure was lifted off after defeating Becker. Passed the high speed pursuit finale since this part is almost a guaranteed win at this point and finally got the "The Shadows Rushed Me" trophy along with the platinum :yay: Ended up with well over 5 min left on the timer.

I wasn't counting the number of attempts but my guess is that I was successful after about maybe at least 20+ tries? Including the failed attempts due to bugs/glitches. Some of my other failures based on what I remember include, but not in order of when they happened:

- accidentally shooting Giovanna during the chase scene in chapter 2
- running out of ammo in the clip trying to kill one of the thugs in the nightclub in chapter 2
- accidentally shooting Fabiana during the boat jump at the end of chapter 5 (not sure how this happened because I could have sworn I aimed at one of the enemies next to her, but whatever)
- in chapter 4 part 2 where you have to kill the 6 guys from the falling water tower, missed killing one guy even though the reticle was on him showing red and pulling the trigger twice, it still missed for some reason and I end up getting shot for failing the sequence. I learned to equip uzis instead of the standard pistols from now on for that part as they are quicker to shoot from and have more room for error
- getting killed by the APC in chapter 13 by trying to pick up the LAW and shoot it right afterwards instead of getting into cover again first (did this same mistake in another attempt :shakefist:, not in a row though), weird part was that I was able to do this strategy frequently in other modes with no problem at all
- in chapter 2 where you are in BT hanging from the helicopter and have to blow up a flying rocket fired from an enemy a 2nd time. Somehow, I missed firing at the rocket completely before it reached the helicopter. At this point I learned to fire a little in front of all flying projectiles, according to the direction it's heading, instead of directly on target
- in chapter 13 in the room with all the UFE right before the APC part. Highly recommended to try and reserve as much pistol ammo from the start of the level as you can for this part here, double wielding makes it easier too.
- at the beginning of chapter 10 I shot a midair grenade that was too close and blew up in my face
- at the very end of chapter 10 where you have to take cover in the crashed bus, a grenade blew up next to me that I didn't see coming until it was too late
- in chapter 6, where you start behind a cubicle and the IT guy is hiding in the small closet space behind you, I got flanked by a shotgunner that I didn't see coming at all, then after shooting him in LMS, a grenade immediately popped out of nowhere and blew me (or the IT guy?) up
- at the end of chapter 6 where you have to escape the fiery building. For some reason I thought I could shoot dodge in that part of the chapter :facepalm: lol, so I tried it in the room with the 3 soldiers. After headshotting the first two in BT I tried spamming the R1 button against the last soldier...and you know the rest. I learned to activate BT early while approaching the last soldier that's around the corner to minimize your chances of being shot first
- in chapter 14 in the wide open indoor public area of the airport after passing through the restroom, I had barely 2 min left on the clock so I was trying to kill the enemies as quick as I can, but at the same time I was also playing sloppily too, ended up dying close to where the large garage door opens where more enemies storm in
- at the end of chapter 8 where you have to protect Passos from getting ambushed. Was too focused on killing the enemies that were aiming for me before killing all the enemies who were running to Passos first
- towards the end of chapter 7 where the enemy throws a molotov at you. I ended up catching on fire and eventually burned to death. Tried using a painkiller while on fire before all my health was drained but that didn't seem to work. When starting that area it helps to immediately shift to the right side of the wall as the splash from the molotov won't reach you. However, there is a 2nd molotov that the enemy can throw shortly afterwards. At this point you can either kill the enemy (the guy who is in the middle of the screen on the rooftop wearing a white shirt I think) before he throws the molotov, or wait for the molotov to be thrown so you can either shoot it, or get ready to move out of cover and dodge it

For anyone still attempting or planning to attempt this good luck to you ? Your biggest obstacle will most likely be the glitches and bugs that can occur since these may be factors outside of your control, so there's a good chance a hefty amount of patience will be required here. Everything else can be learned and internalized through practice and repeated failure.

• Like 3

I failed NYMHC 2 times, both on chapter 10 ironically. First time I missed a painkiller, I went back to get it, and a cut scene showed up of an enemy finding Giovanna and killing her. The Second time i died at the shootout with the sniper battle by one of the enemies near a bus in last stand mode. He was hiding behind a bus. On my third attempt, I finally beat it.

• Like 1