Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

I practiced every chapter on NYM and was confident I could get this one done in a few tries. My last two runs ended in Chapter 13 in the APC area. 

On the first one, I waited until the APC would stop firing, got up, Bullet Time, Triangle to pick up the LAW, aimed with L2, shot with R2 but it didn't shoot, R2 again, nothing. I spammed R2 and the LAW wouldn't fire, I tried to rush into cover before the APC would start firing again, I got shot before I could make it into cover. 

On the next run, I went all the way to that same APC area. Waited until the APC would stop firing, got up, Bullet Time, Triangle to pick up the LAW then immediately went back into cover. Waited until the second wave of bullets would stop, got up, Bullet Time, aimed with L2, shot with R2 and just like the previous run, it didn't shoot. I went back into cover, waited until he would stop firing, tried again, but it wouldn't work. I went on the left side where there is a bag full of ammo along with the grenade launcher. Picked up some ammo, I thought maybe it would work this time, I waited until he would stop firing but I got shot and killed WHILE BEING IN COVER. I was speechless. This game is really messing with me right now. 

On 12/12/2014 at 5:55 PM, SilkyJay86 said:

Chapter 13.  When you come across the apc that is firing on the two gansters and you go to pick up his Launcher after he's gunned down.  I tried to go for it (the one on the right) after staying in the initial cover and tried a method I recently adopted, which was to go into BT send a rocket his way RIGHT when I pick it up. Much more gutzy tbh.... and It wouldn't shoot!  I think I had a mini heart attack, as I took damage and scurried to pump square to get into the cover on the right.  I was pumping up on the d pad as well.)  I then took the vechile down after taking cover.  But I still can't believe I survived.  I remember that apc tucking me in and most modes without any questions asked.  And it happens without much time elapsing.   

On 7/8/2020 at 10:57 PM, z99f said:

Attempt 4: Failed at chapter 13 - APC area, I went to pick up the LAW and fire it, but for some reason it wouldn't fire. The APC killed me because I wasn't in cover. I've heard this happening to others. Must be a bug. Anyway, I would recommend grabbing the LAW and getting into cover before firing it just in case this happens to anyone else. 

Have you guys done anything specific to prevent this or did it just work out fine on the next attempt ? I'm going for another run later on today, I would be pissed if the same thing happen in that same exact spot for a third time in a row. 

1 hour ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Have you guys done anything specific to prevent this or did it just work out fine on the next attempt ? I'm going for another run later on today, I would be pissed if the same thing happen in that same exact spot for a third time in a row. 

Nope, didn't change a thing. It worked fine in my next run. I made sure to get into cover after picking it up just in case it wouldn't fire. If you try to fire it as soon as you pick it up and it doesn't shoot, you're as good as dead as you probably won't have time to get back into cover. Seems like you need to keep your fingers crossed. I haven't tried any strategies here but if you do find yourself stuck in this situation where it doesn't fire, maybe try cycling through weapons? Maybe fire off a few rounds with your sidearm? Idk... Also, I have a feeling that it sometimes doesn't fire if you try to shoot it too quickly after picking it up. Obviously, I'm not 100% sure about this, so it's all speculation at this point. 

Also, I see that you tried taking cover on the left side but this is a bad idea (as you are now aware). For whatever reason the APC can still hit Max here even if you take cover behind the barrier. I wouldn't risk it.

Edited by z99f

18 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

How often can golden guns destroy your run by making the game freeze or glichies...?

What's the most related sections that can glich and how to avoid?

Can i turn on or off golden guns in the middle of the run?

I completed NYM a few minutes agoo,and played everything within golden guns deactivate

@Sergen you seems to know a lot of things about max Payne 3,you know anything abouut this ?

Everything trophy hunters say about glitches and ways to prevent them is speculation, nobody can truly know if golden guns have a negative impact. I've had more glitches by playing the game offline with golden guns turned off than people who did it while connected to the servers with golden guns turned on. However if you want to turn off golden guns you can do that in one of the options at the main menu in the game's settings. 

In chapter 13 in the office room after the smokey elevator section the game freezes for a lot of people when they kill the last enemy before the LMG guy is supposed to spawn. All the times I used an assault rifle to kill the last enemy there, it froze. The time where it didn't freeze was when I used a pistol in that room and did some body shots on the last guy there, this caused him to fall onto the floor without dying and while he was down I kept kicking him until he died. 

The game can freeze anywhere but the chapter 13 freeze before the LMG guy spawns is the most common. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

The time where it didn't freeze was when I used a pistol in that room and did some body shots on the last guy there, this caused him to fall onto the floor without dying and while he was down I kept kicking him until he died.

....and on behalf of every unfortunate soul past/present/future whom knowingly took on this glitch ridden disaster, may i commend you for said actions and clearly state for the proverbial record: This man perished for the sins of his creator (LITERALLY!!!)

• Like 1

my failures so far:

attempt #1-ch 3 shot my partner in the arm while fighting enemies on top balcony and bottom just after  avoiding 1st sniper I believe.

attempt #2-ch 3 bleachers died by grenade.

attempt #3-ch 6 part1 cleared first area but at the 2nd office part enemy tossed grenade and it killed curly haired guy

Edited by TrickyCompa

Update : 4 runs have now ended because the LAW wouldn't fire in the APC area. I was loving the game so far, I'm starting to hate it. It's exhausting to go all the way to Chapter 13 just to end up getting killed because of a glitch. I was able to pass this section once just for it to glitch at the LMG guy in the same chapter. The game also froze twice in Chapter 7. I'm honestly starting to get tired of starting over again and again, might put the game off for a few days ?

6 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Update : 4 runs have now ended because the LAW wouldn't fire in the APC area. I was loving the game so far, I'm starting to hate it. It's exhausting to go all the way to Chapter 13 just to end up getting killed because of a glitch. I was able to pass this section once just for it to glitch at the LMG guy in the same chapter. The game also froze twice in Chapter 7. I'm honestly starting to get tired of starting over again and again, might put the game off for a few days 1f624.png

That sucks for sure. Maybe take a few days off and come back to it with a fresh mindset. 

Also, have you tried what @Sergen said above about using the pistol in the LMG guy area? If you haven't tried it, maybe give that a shot too. It's mostly just luck at this point. You have no trouble getting this far, so it's only a matter of time before you get it. Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z99f said:

That sucks for sure. Maybe take a few days off and come back to it with a fresh mindset. 

Also, have you tried what @Sergen said above about using the pistol in the LMG guy area? If you haven't tried it, maybe give that a shot too. It's mostly just luck at this point. You have no trouble getting this far, so it's only a matter of time before you get it. Keep us posted. 

I've also time stamped what I did to the last enemy here: https://youtu.be/DQJaNnsgymc?t=10199 as a visual reference and at least there you see the LMG guy spawn as intended.

attempt 4-ch3 died to sniper
5-ch7 died from Molotov 
6-ch4 part 2 died behind wall got put into last stand 
7-ch8 died from sniper
8-ch2 shot the girl
9-ch1 ran out of bullets after stopping van
10-ch6 got distracted and the jeep ran me over

Edited by TrickyCompa
  • Like 1

attempt 11- ch1 died trying to melee

12-ch13 heavy guy didn't spawn 

13-ch14 game froze near the end fighting waves of enemies while the guy shoots grenades at you once in awhile 

so far I have to say this mode is really annoying cant wait to finish this :p. I did try it offline without golden guns on last attempt might just keep them on for the rest of my tries. good luck to anyone trying this just keep at it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyCompa said:

finally done with it :)

attempt 14- ch7 game froze while I was being pulled up from chain

attempt 15- was my clear run 

Congrats! Nothing that a little perseverance and dedication can't fix. Truthfully, anyone can get this done. It really is just a matter of luck and patience. :)

Edited by z99f
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, z99f said:

Congrats! Nothing that a little perseverance and dedication can't fix. Truthfully, anyone can get this done. It really is just a matter of luck and patience. :)

thanks and I completely agree with you just need to keep at it and eventually you'll beat it well anyone reading this will :) 

After so many glitches and failed attempts I have finally unlocked The Shadows Rushed Me, I'm happy this is finally done, I was honestly tired of starting over again and again. I only need to finish the game twice in Hardcore and Old School now to wrap it up. Thanks to everyone who provided help. ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LosAngelesPride said:

After so many glitches and failed attempts I have finally unlocked The Shadows Rushed Me, I'm happy this is finally done, I was honestly tired of starting over again and again. I only need to finish the game twice in Hardcore and Old School now to wrap it up. Thanks to everyone who provided help. 1f918.png

Nice going, now take a moment to relax. In all honesty, I thought my hardcore run was more difficult than NYMH. I think that's because I started out with hardcore though + free aim... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

i really fucking hope nobody's as stupid as me and just left cover before the apc stopped, the farthest ive ever gotten, literally fucking shoot me

I never did that in my NYMH run, but I've done that before in regular NYM. So you don't make the same mistake next run, watch a video of that section and count how many seconds you need to wait. That should help with the timing of when to come out of cover. 

• Like 1

My first attempt, up to 11 minutes, Chapter 6(?) in the burning building, I wasn't paying attention clearly, because as soon as you move towards the doors a 'seemless' cutscene happens that then puts you on the stairs, I didn't move and the roof collapsed, that's NEVER happened to me before. So cheap from Rockstar. I genuinely hate this game because of the tedious trophy list, bugs/glitches and timed areas just like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluesFanUK said:

My first attempt, up to 11 minutes, Chapter 6(?) in the burning building, I wasn't paying attention clearly, because as soon as you move towards the doors a 'seemless' cutscene happens that then puts you on the stairs, I didn't move and the roof collapsed, that's NEVER happened to me before. So cheap from Rockstar. I genuinely hate this game because of the tedious trophy list, bugs/glitches and timed areas just like this.

Yes, I've heard of this happening to a few people. Some of them forgot that this section was timed. So, they would go get a drink or get up and do something quickly only to find out that Max is dead upon their return. That's a horrible way for a run to end. On a side note, I've heard of people making it all the way to the end of C14 just to fail at the runway section. Now that's a good way to have your day ruined... 

• Like 1

Just now, z99f said:

Yes, I've heard of this happening to a few people. Some of them forgot that this section was timed. So, they would go get a drink or get up and do something quickly only to find out that Max is dead upon their return. That's a horrible way for a run to end. On a side note, I've heard of people making it all the way to the end of C14 just to fail at the runway section. Now that's a good way to have your day ruined... 

Soul destroying to get that far and fail. ?

If that happened to me I don't think i'd try again for a while.

25 minutes ago, z99f said:

My hands were sweating so bad at that point, I had to pause the game and take some breaths because I knew it was all or nothing at that point. 

• Like 1