What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

After work my mom and I went to the Savers across the street then we went to MovieStop and GameStop.

From Savers

Who am I? - $1.99

WhoAmI.jpg

From MovieStop

Gantz - $24.99

B0050MB5JI01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gantz II Perfect Answer - $24.99

gantzii_blu-ray.jpg

From GameStop

Metal Gear Ac!d - $3.59

box-l-1.jpg

SOCOM: US Navy SEALS: Fireteam Bravo - $3.59

socom-fireteam-bravo-psp.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - $17.99

5675695e80d1fcf7af1da703e36a948c-Grand_Theft_Auto__Liberty_City_Stories.jpg

I also found Silent Hill 4 with the actual case and manual. I brought it up with me when I went to buy everything else and they took at least 20 or 30 minutes looking for it and finally gave up and said that they can't find it. I told the cashier that all I wanted was the case for a replacement and I got it for free :)

god damnit deth you had the psp for 2 days and you already have more games than me.

god damnit deth you had the psp for 2 days and you already have more games than me.

They're dirt cheap now. They're trying to get rid of 'em quickly because of the Vita I guess. I'm willing to bet that places like Gamestop will take away the PSP by the end of the year.

How is Sleeping Dogs? Is it like a mix of GTA and Yakuza?

From what I've played, yes. You have a motorcycle to help get around town. You have different areas to upgrade...cop points, triad points, and some others...each level you gain in the respective category unlocks a skill, which it doesn't look like the skill trees are that huge. You have favors you can do that are kinda like sidequests. The fighting is kinda like Yakuza in that it's melee based, but it doesn't seem to be as impressive (no fancy Heat style actions). However, you can throw people into environment objects, like I threw a guy into a shredder thing, and it actually shredded his head, and...yeah.

The whole game reminds me exactly of GTA + Yakuza. Maybe I'll go back to GTA or Saints Row in a while, since all these games seem similar in that they're open world. I dunno, I just like Yakuza better than the others, though this game isn't bad either.

They're dirt cheap now. They're trying to get rid of 'em quickly because of the Vita I guess. I'm willing to bet that places like Gamestop will take away the PSP by the end of the year.

psp games have always been cheap though. mostly to encourage people to buy the games because of CFW.

Except I went in to my local Gamestop the other day and Disagea was $20, Final Fantasy II was $15, and Star Ocean was $20. Seriously? They should all be under $10, for the game $20 is decent but I can buy them on Amazon for half that.

I bought Starcraft II finally as Bestbuy had it for $40 and I had a $25 gift card so I'll take this amazing RTS for roughly $18 with tax :awesome:

StarCraft_II_-_Box_Art.jpg

At work

Alice in Chains - The Essential $11.88

122614.jpg

Clerks blu-ray $6

0003139813729_500X500.jpg

At Gamestop

Medal of Honor: Limited Edition - $8.99

MOH-1.jpg

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - $8.99

crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-greateast-hits-z1.jpg

I also bought a black and yellow travelling case for the PSP for $6.

• Like 1

I preordered Counter Strike Global Offensive in the morning for $11.99 before the Store could update. Then after work I passed by Savers.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell by David Michaels

splinter_cell_book.jpg

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Checkmate by David Michaels

Checkmate.jpg

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Fallout by David Michaels

200px-SplinterCellFallout.jpg

Went to a Savers in a different city after work and bought almost all of the manga that they had there!

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 11: Overture to Destruction $2.99

RK11.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 13: A Beautiful Night $2.99

RK13.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 17: The age decides the man $2.99

RK17.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 18: Do you still bear the scar? $2.99

RK18.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 20: Rememberance $2.99

RK20.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 21: And so, time passed $2.99

RK21.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 22: Battle on three fronts $2.99

RK22.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 23: Sin, Judgement, Acceptance $2.99

RK23.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 25: The Truth $2.99

RK25.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin - Volume 27: The Answer $2.99

RK27.jpg

Black Butler - I $2.99

BB1.gif

Black Butler - II $2.99

BB2.gif

Black Butler - III $2.99

BB3.jpg

Trigun Maximum - Volume 10 Wolfwood $2.99

TRI-10.jpg

Trigun Maximum - Volume 11 Zero hour $2.99

TRI-11.jpg

Trigun Maximum - Volume 12 The Gunslinger $2.99

TRI-12.jpg

I also bought one CD.

Mission of Burma - Signals, Calls and Marches $1

mob.jpg

I obviously can't start Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin since I don't have the first volumes, but I got 'em anyway since they had a lot and they were like a fraction of the original prices on the cover.

Edited by Deth
  • Like 1

I'm a huge Three Stooges fan and there are a few friends at work that are too and they kept bugging me about getting the Ultimate Collection. They said that it was $45 at Best Buy across the street so I went by there after work and found it... for $69! :S I also found some CD's for cheap.

The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection - $69

the-three-stooges-ultimate-collection-box-art.jpg

Beastie Boys - License to Ill $4.99

BeastieBoys-LicensetoIll-Front-560x553.jpg

Louis Armstrong - The Definitive Collection $9.99

louis6lv.jpg

Edited by Deth