Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Little idea I thought of while thinking of other idea ( :awesome:)

I first thought about karige (hunting games, but considering that I would have to add God Eaters to have more than 5 games, since only Soul Sacrifice, SS Delta, Ragnarok Odyssey, RO Ace and Waifu Wars are localized and I actually want people to play these games without imports =D).

EDIT 06.01.2016, per discussion, this will be karige PP with 9 games overall =D

• Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • God Eater 2
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Toukiden
  • Toukiden Kiwami

So... I have a suggestion for something like "J-games suitable for everyone"

• Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection //yea, I'm optimistic xD ///And I was right :awesome:
  • God Eater 2
  • Gravity Rush
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Me in HD (Okami HD)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom 
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Toukiden
  • Toukiden Kiwami
  • The Last Guardian //yea, if it ever releases 

Possibly: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, NieR, Asura's Wrath

Just throwing the idea, would this actually interest people out of J-games community? (Also, maybe suggest something more? I think 8 games is a pretty cool introduction to the world of J-games)

Karige PP is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Happy hunting now that Goddo Iitaa is out :awesome:

• Like 1

Script: http://pastebin.com/KRaphfcb

Output of sample inputs:

PSN/Forum Username: Dragon-Archon/Dragon-Archon
VM191:64 Baka Hentai - Monster Monpiece
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
VM191:62 PSN/Forum Username: SatoshiOokami/Satoshi Ookami
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Megadimension Neptunia VII
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2
VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

VM191:64 Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP

Sorry for being lazy and taking a few days to do this (I blame trying to start my coding sessions at 1AM at night, and then sleeping 20-30min later)
I decided to change my strategy from THTL and use the actual profile page because it would require fewer page loads. As a result, the list checks the last 100 games you played for a Platinum that is on the PP list. If it finds one, it tells you the game name and the PP it belongs to. 

How to run:
1. Start on the profile of the 1st person on the userlist, if you're just copying the code from the script, use http://psnprofiles.com/Dragon-Archon(This is a limitation that I need to fix, but a bit lazy)
2. Press F12 to open the Developer Tools.
3. Go to the Console Tab.
4. Copy the script
5. Press Enter to run the script. This will lead you to another page with the Developer Tools still open.
6. Press up and enter again to run the script again.
7. Repeat step 6 until the page doesn't reload.

Note: I currently only added 2PPs to the list of checked games (1 of them is only partially complete), so someone will have to add the rest.

To do:

1. Link with Google Docs

2. Handle multiple regions 

Thoughts and opinions?

Output of sample inputs:

Sorry for being lazy and taking a few days to do this (I blame trying to start my coding sessions at 1AM at night, and then sleeping 20-30min later)

I decided to change my strategy from THTL and use the actual profile page because it would require fewer page loads. As a result, the list checks the last 100 games you played for a Platinum that is on the PP list. If it finds one, it tells you the game name and the PP it belongs to. 

How to run:

1. Start on the profile of the 1st person on the userlist, if you're just copying the code from the script, use http://psnprofiles.com/Dragon-Archon(This is a limitation that I need to fix, but a bit lazy)

4. Copy the script

5. Press Enter to run the script. This will lead you to another page with the Developer Tools still open.

Note: I currently only added 2PPs to the list of checked games (1 of them is only partially complete), so someone will have to add the rest.

To do:

1. Link with Google Docs

Thoughts and opinions?

Is the output complete? Since I'm missing PS3 Neps even though Dragon has mk2 outputted. 

Is the output complete? Since I'm missing PS3 Neps even though Dragon has mk2 outputted. 

I only checked the last 100 games, since that is all shown when you load the profile page. Since google docs will keep a running record, I didn't see a need to check the whole list. However, I can probably find a way to trigger the ajax calls to reach the page end and check all games.

Edited by bladesoframen

Output of sample inputs:

How to run:

4. Copy the script

To do:

1. Link with Google Docs

Thoughts and opinions?

Nice :yay: , I'm guessing the Baka Hentai list is incomplete, as I have 3 more games that count in the last 100 games.

Nice :yay: , I'm guessing the Baka Hentai list is incomplete, as I have 3 more games that count in the last 100 games.

I was super lazy with the Baka Hentai one. I only added 2 games to its list, instead of all of them, hence the weird result.

As for the gdocs side, I guess I'll start investigating tonight. Who knows when I'll finish though.

I was super lazy with the Baka Hentai one. I only added 2 games to its list, instead of all of them, hence the weird result.

As for the gdocs side, I guess I'll start investigating tonight. Who knows when I'll finish though.

Lol, ok :lol:.

Good luck with it :D.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Was there a point in time where each Google Sheet kept tracked of the individual games being platted by each individual, because the best way to keep a transparent log of every game a person has completed is to show exactly which games they completed (and because of that it is the easiest way for a script to know which games were completed).

Oh well, did some research today, and it turns out that you can run a script across multiple spreadsheets, given their URL or key. As a result, we could (and probably have to for the reason above) split each PP into its own spreadsheet and then either have the cells set to automatically sync with those sheets using a giant importRange() command (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/MqN9hHkwblA , but I think you mentioned something about lag earlier using this) or manually through using a separate script.

Regardless, I'll try to get up a proof of concept soon to show a possible way to organize this.

Was there a point in time where each Google Sheet kept tracked of the individual games being platted by each individual, because the best way to keep a transparent log of every game a person has completed is to show exactly which games they completed (and because of that it is the easiest way for a script to know which games were completed).

Nope, we never kept track of that. Just the ranks (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum) of each user.

Where would I post if I joined a Project Platinum months ago, got added in the respective thread, but was never updated in the leaderboard? It's only one point from the Compile Hearts PP, but still, it should be changed in the learderboard (more if I count my most recent progress, but more time has to pass for me to reach the conclusion that the creator forgot about it).

Where would I post if I joined a Project Platinum months ago, got added in the respective thread, but was never updated in the leaderboard? It's only one point from the Compile Hearts PP, but still, it should be changed in the learderboard (more if I count my most recent progress, but more time has to pass for me to reach the conclusion that the creator forgot about it).

Well, you should first and foremost notify the PP creator =D

But now, you should wait until the things about leaderboard get discussed.

There are now 5 definitive Pac-Man games with Platinums with Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, depending on whether or not we want a Pac-Man thread or a more general 'Retro' theme

Pac-Man was already on the "pending suggestions" list on the OP but certainly it could go ahead now that there are the five minimum platinums needed, just need someone to pick up the idea and run with it. Are you suggesting it for yourself or as an idea for someone else?

It would need to be a "Pac-Man PP" though as mixed bag threads can't use franchises that exceed the five unique games rule.

Edited by dell9300

Pac-Man was already on the "pending suggestions" list on the OP but certainly it could go ahead now that there are the five minimum platinums needed, just need someone to pick up the idea and run with it. Are you suggesting it for yourself or as an idea for someone else?

It would need to be a "Pac-Man PP" though as mixed bag threads can't use franchises that exceed the five unique games rule.

That's what I was stating: before there was debate about whether to go with just 'Pac-Man' or a retro theme, but now there is a definitive five games:

- Arcade Archives: Pac-Man

- Arcade Archives: Ms. Pac-Man

- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 

- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2

- Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

100%

- Pac-Man Museum 

- Pac-Man 256

- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

(Namco Museum Essentials could also be included for 100%, as it contains some Pac-Man games)

UPDATE

So, for the first time in 11 months - i sat down and tried to check how accurate the online leaderboard actually is. And unfortunately, there was a lot of need for improvement. I also noticed that most people don't really have much interest for the leaderboard anymore. Which is why i don't think i should be forcing it upon members any logner. Especially because of the diminishing quality of the sheet. It's getting pretty big and it's noticeable on the loading times and amount of crashes

I never had a long loading time or crash while updating the vocaloid pp.

And for clarification, should I continue to update it until everything is worked out or should I stop updating until everything is worked out?

As a possible solution: While I personally have been against the big leaderboard from the beginning, I can see that some people are disappointed at its end. My suggestion would be to have people not be on it by default and only be added if they wish to be. I'd think that less names on the spreadsheet would be less intensive on the spreadsheet. That way the people that liked the spreadsheet can still have it and the people who didn't care one way or the other about it won't be cluttering the list up.

• Like 2

You don't have to. Right now, i'm waiting until bladesoframen has finished whatever he's doing and we'll go from there.

Sorry, I got really distracted with FFF. I'll finish up the gdocs prototype tonight (not sure if I'll do the code tonight, but should work for a sample)

Edit: Okay the first phase is up. Nothing really special to see, but here is a version of a sheet with all the games listed and who completed what in a single PP. Nothing really different than what has been done so far. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zMKsKfRN-NLhEK2Wd9CU2ibg_PJOOR2056sGPc3UME4/edit?usp=sharing 

Purpose of this was create a version that had the game names spelled out so I can match them with the names on the site. However, as already seen by the maximum cell issues, keeping this all in 1 sheet is a bad idea. so the next thing I'll show is a way to circumvent that issue.

Edited by bladesoframen
  • Like 1

Ive been thinking. If someone where unable to keep their PP updated which will happen (if it hasn't already) would it be possible for Sly to switch the creators of said thread with both creators permission of course. It would help project platinum last longer.

I don't think you can do that on forums.

Maybe giving permission to edit the post could work...?

• Like 1