Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

46 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Like this one?

Yeah, but for all rhythm games and not just Vocaloid (in fact it would have to be for the other games + games not covered in other PPs by the rules of this)

Edited by Zanreo

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Any chance we can get the leaderboard revived? This place has almost died without it :P

Lol yep, half the people have stopped updating their PP's now because of no leaderboards. I've stopped bothering to say when I get new plats too pretty much.

Not really sure why we stopped with the leaderboard in the first place? Just seems to me that Xzonehunter decided that it loaded too slow so we wouldn't bother anymore, I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

Zone has been considerably less active for a while now and I'd bet it would be down to real life circumstances and I can sort of relate. I went 2+ months without updating the AC PP due to being tired, stressed, and quite frankly not in the mood in that timespan.

Zone has given himself too much responsibility in terms of the whole PP idea with the responsibility proving to be a little overwhelming to upheld (granted he did a great job maintaining everything for over a year), and I think it'd be beneficial for the majority that he passes on the leaderboard maintenance role to someone who is keen enough to move in his place considering it still seems to be in demand

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Zone has been considerably less active for a while now and I'd bet it would be down to real life circumstances and I can sort of relate. I went 2+ months without updating the AC PP due to being tired, stressed, and quite frankly not in the mood in that timespan.

Zone has given himself too much responsibility in terms of the whole PP idea with the responsibility proving to be a little overwhelming to upheld (granted he did a great job maintaining everything for over a year), and I think it'd be beneficial for the majority that he passes on the leaderboard maintenance role to someone who is keen enough to move in his place considering it still seems to be in demand

I agree that i might have bit off more than i could chew. I was counting on bladesoframen to make something out of this and while there was some progress nothing really came from it. However, i am totally open for someone else to take over this whole thing. I just haven't have the time these days to commit to PP.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2016 at 0:33 AM, LeetWolf2 said:

Sorry, I was just curious as to whether any progress had been made to the leaderboard?

And Gram makes a good point, PP creators should be updating their PPs regularly.

EDIT: Still no update on this PP (06/01/16)

One month later, after a "yeah yeah i'll do it this week-end", no update.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 9:43 AM, HcG Clawz said:

Yhea the main thing that kept me motivated for those PP's was the leaderboards. I think that was the case with most people.

I think most people also like PP owners to update their PPs. Ever gonna get back to PP: Rally?

So I have updated the halls of fame and leaderboard for all of the PP I'm the admin of.

While looking through the leaderboard I noticed that in a few PPs (Gundam, Transformers, Idol, Aircraft, Yuri, and Yaoi) less than 8 participants have made it on to those PP's leaderboard.

Now if I'm remembering correctly the main problem with the leaderboard spreadsheet was that it was running out of space for newer PPs. So in order to save space on the leaderboard spreadsheet how about we close those 6 PP's leaderboards and merge them all into one. This could free up some space on the spreadsheet, while letting those participants keep their points on the leaderboard.

Also: for some reason @Gibbo_0113 has 696 points on the leaderboard.

Edited by soultaker655

Well, i had some time to kill today so i've decided to make somewhat of a solution for those who want a leaderboard. I've made a copy of the old one, so all the scores and data are intact. However the sheet will no longer automatically update the main leaderboard on the first page, because of this the sheet should run really smoothly. What this means is that you'll have to manually keep track of your own scores and fill them in the table. So instead of giving only a few access, I've made the whole sheet editable for everyone. I've also took the liberty to add the remaining PPs (Monster Hunting, Persona, Kingdom hearts, etc) to the sheet.

I'm sorry that i made promises in the past that i couldn't keep regarding the leaderboard. I hope this will bring back the PP competitiveness you guys liked so much :D

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Well, i had some time to kill today so i've decided to make somewhat of a solution for those who want a leaderboard. I've made a copy of the old one, so all the scores and data are intact. However the sheet will no longer automatically update the main leaderboard on the first page, because of this the sheet should run really smoothly. What this means is that you'll have to manually keep track of your own scores and fill them in the table. So instead of giving only a few access, I've made the whole sheet editable for everyone. I've also took the liberty to add the remaining PPs (Monster Hunting, Persona, Kingdom hearts, etc) to the sheet.

I'm sorry that i made promises in the past that i couldn't keep regarding the leaderboard. I hope this will bring back the PP competitiveness you guys liked so much :D

A solid compromise regarding the leaderboard. Yeah, hopefully it'll bring people back in to the spirit of things!

I don't know if it's just me (Excel ain't my forte) but the main leaderboard on the first page shows blank participant's names with scores of 0.

10 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Do PP admins still need to update the PP pages or will individual members update everything themselves now?

18 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

A solid compromise regarding the leaderboard. Yeah, hopefully it'll bring people back in to the spirit of things!

I don't know if it's just me (Excel ain't my forte) but the main leaderboard on the first page shows blank participant's names with scores of 0.

Well, that's the thing. Everyone can fill in their own points. I figured since nobody really wanted to be in charge of the leaderboard, we just let the whole community be in charge. Not sure if this is the right decision, but i suppose it's better than the state it was in before.

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Do PP admins still need to update the PP pages or will individual members update everything themselves now?

Whoever wants to take time doing it i guess :D

7 hours ago, Mar said:

Want to reserve a Dead Space PP if possible. (Also, if my name can be changed to Mar that'd be great.)

Also, how does PP host transfers work?

Sure you can reserve it, and what do you mean with pp host transfers?

On 10/3/2015 at 10:11 PM, xZoneHunter said:

As for the Mixed bag PP threads. (Multiple Franchises and Stand Alone IPs)

• You can't use franchises that exceed the 5 unique games rules (at the time of requesting to make the PP) as they can have their own thread. Mixed Bag PP threads are only for smaller franchises and stand alone IP's.

Proposal:

Bumping down the number of games per franchise to 4.

Reason:

Spoiler

With video games, trilogies and dualiogies (?) seem to be the more common capacity format for franchises with Platinums (PSN games like Dead Space Ignition, several Sonic games, inFAMOUS FoB, etc dont and cant count because non-existent platinums). It's mostly only iconic, mascot-like, and annual series that you see go past the 3rd installments: Sonic, Battlefield, CoD, RE, GOW, Uncharted luckily, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Final Fantasy, etc, making this unfair for a lot of other franchises. The 3rd and 4th games are mostly the last. Extremely lucky cases of franchises that got that +1 spinoff title on Vita - Resistance Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss - shouldnt be largely taken into consideration, since its not common enough, especially with Vita being dead, thus leaving all sequels of franchises to be tied down to PS4, which means some sequels than certainly wont happen. This will make it more fair for other IPs.

inFAMOUS SS and Killzone SF really are some sacrifcial launch games, since new IPs are too demanding and risky. Otherwise those two games could have been a R&C game, or anything else already established as an IP with Sony. If it wasnt for that concept, Kz wouldnt have a PP and inFAMOUS wouldnt be close to one.

Theres no reason why this change should have any significant impact on the already made PPs to, so it seems like an ok idea with no major drawbacks. It'll even have people able to then create PPs that werent possible before because of the mighty 5.

I know this will likely be declined, but its just a thought. 

Edited by Mar

6 minutes ago, Cielle said:

Would anyone like to assume control of my Project Platinum? Its Final Fantasy. I've kept up with it for a while but I just want to pass it on now. I'll update everyone who posted on it since I was playing Yakuza 0 but after that we'll see.

I only played a Final Fantasy game once but that shouldn't matter, right :P? Sure, I can do it, I like these kind of things. If you send a PM to one of the admins to change it, I can handle it from there on. 

41 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I only played a Final Fantasy game once but that shouldn't matter, right :P? Sure, I can do it, I like these kind of things. If you send a PM to one of the admins to change it, I can handle it from there on. 

According to mods, entirely new threads have to be made for passed on threads.