Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Would you really require that both Hollow Fragment games be platted though? That seems a bit unnecessary, since they're the same game, just with minor tweaks. It'd be like if a PP had Injustice, and they made everyone do both the Injustice and the Injustice Ultimate Edition lists, or if a PP had The Last of Us, and required both the PS3 and PS4 version to be platted.

Why don't you also go complain about the MGS and Atelier PPs then as well not to mention it has been stated already it is up to the person running it to decide whether to count the different versions or not.

As for stackable platinums, i really don't want to make anymore changes. I think letting the PP creators decide whether or not they want to include them in order for someone to reach top tier, is the best thing to do. There are already so many rules in place, this at least i want to give to the PP creators to decide.

I was kinda thinking of using WipEout series in some kind of Combat racing PP. Which would feature, WipEout HD/WipEout 2048/Blur/SplitSecond/Twisted Metal/Modnation/others? but idk if there would be interest in it though.

I know with series based threads you have to add sequels to them when they come out, but for non series games like this hypothetical thread, could you add a future other IP game to it that's relevant? If not, hold up on this combat racing thread D;

Why don't you also go complain about the MGS and Atelier PPs then as well not to mention it has been stated already it is up to the person running it to decide whether to count the different versions or not.

Which is why I'm telling you before it gets made. So you don't make the same mistake they did and make people plat multiples of the same game, as it discourages people from joining. That's why I'm never going to join the the MGS one, because I could probably plat every game once, but I'm certainly not going to force myself to play almost every game twice. Also, there's nothing that anyone could have done about it, since Xion put the thread up before this general info thread was even made.

And while it's definitely unnecessary in MGS, since they're literally the same game and same list, the same can't really be said for all the Atelier games. Since the Vita versions added a significant amount of content. Like gameplay changes from later games in the series, more playable characters, more items, extra dungeons, and a bunch of other stuff. The trophy lists are also significantly different. So it's enough of a difference for it to be understandable that they're included. Same can't be said for SAO. Outside of some gameplay adjustments, it's the same game. You get the same story, the same dungeons, the same characters.

I know with series based threads you have to add sequels to them when they come out, but for non series games like this hypothetical thread, could you add a future other IP game to it that's relevant? If not, hold up on this combat racing thread D;

I don't see why not. If there's ever going to be a destruction derby or if full auto battlelines 2 ever got trophy support i'll be happy to add them. So to answer your question you could add IPs that fit the criteria.

Which is why I'm telling you before it gets made. So you don't make the same mistake they did and make people plat multiples of the same game, as it discourages people from joining. That's why I'm never going to join the the MGS one, because I could probably plat every game once, but I'm certainly not going to force myself to play almost every game twice. Also, there's nothing that anyone could have done about it, since Xion put the thread up before this general info thread was even made.

Well to be fair, nobody will be forcing you to reach plat tier. You could always sign up, get a nice shiny gold tier trophy and 6 points towards the leaderboard! :D

I don't see why not. If there's ever going to be a destruction derby or if full auto battlelines 2 ever got trophy support i'll be happy to add them. So to answer your question you could add IPs that fit the criteria.

Well to be fair, nobody will be forcing you to reach plat tier. You could always sign up, get a nice shiny gold tier trophy and 6 points towards the leaderboard! :D

I don't really care about the leaderboards, because I don't want to have to play games I don't want to play just to be relevant on there. Since there could be 10 PPs of series that I don't like or want to play, and only 2 of games I do want to play, but to be relevant on the leaderboards, I'd have to join them all and get as many plats as possible. So, instead of doing that, I just want to join the ones for the series I like. Mainly to help push me to actually finish all the games. So, to me, it's a bit pointless to join a PP with no intention of wanting to actually get all the plats.

• Like 2

I don't really care about the leaderboards, because I don't want to have to play games I don't want to play just to be relevant on there. Since there could be 10 PPs of series that I don't like or want to play, and only 2 of games I do want to play, but to be relevant on the leaderboards, I'd have to join them all and get as many plats as possible. So, instead of doing that, I just want to join the ones for the series I like. Mainly to help push me to actually finish all the games. So, to me, it's a bit pointless to join a PP with no intention of wanting to actually get all the plats.

But PP threads are made for that exact reason, to help you push towards completing a franchise (or set of similar games). Yes, completing every installment of the Metal Gear franchise won't grant you platinum tier in the Metal Gear PP, but you don't care about leaderboards anyway. You could join the thread and work towards your own goal of finishing the series while posting your progress.

• Like 1

I have a question which hasn't been addressed. Say a series gets added to a mixed bag with 1, maybe 2 games. Then it explodes and ends up with 8 or 9 games. Can we "peel off" a series to make it's own at a later date? I doubt this will happen to any of my games but I'm wondering because of a 2nd scenario somewhat unique to my thread. Say Vanquish gets a sequel (lulz) and it turns out to be super easy. At that point I can't add V2 to my thread, so can I drop the first one? That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wanted to check.

I have a question which hasn't been addressed. Say a series gets added to a mixed bag with 1, maybe 2 games. Then it explodes and ends up with 8 or 9 games. Can we "peel off" a series to make it's own at a later date? I doubt this will happen to any of my games but I'm wondering because of a 2nd scenario somewhat unique to my thread. Say Vanquish gets a sequel (lulz) and it turns out to be super easy. At that point I can't add V2 to my thread, so can I drop the first one? That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wanted to check.

Well to be fair, the idea was for Mixed Bag PP thread to just keep adding games whenever they get sequels. The amount in which a series then could grow wouldn't matter. Even if it would get 10 sequels in the long run, it'd still stay in the same thread. I kinda expect new installments to be in the same style as their predecessor.

In case of your scenario, it might be a little different. But to be honest i don't really want to form an opinion on it right now. I think it's better to tackle that problem in the future when it might (hopefully not) present itself.

Edited by Zone Hunter

But PP threads are made for that exact reason, to help you push towards completing a franchise (or set of similar games). Yes, completing every installment of the Metal Gear franchise won't grant you platinum tier in the Metal Gear PP, but you don't care about leaderboards anyway. You could join the thread and work towards your own goal of finishing the series while posting your progress.

I don't care about the leaderboards, but I care about the individual thread. I mean, why would I start something without the intention of finishing it? Sure, I could join and go for the ones I wanted, but intentionally not completing the PP would make the whole thing feel pointless. And not just the one thread, the entire idea of PP. Since if one feels pointless, they all will feel just as pointless. Also, I can easily just get the plats I want on my own time, without any need of a PP. The only thing that would change if I were to join, is that once I do go through and get the ones I want, I'd feel pressured to do them again to complete what I started. Which would really just be a huge waste of time and money. Since it's one thing to start something and be unable to finish it, because at least I tried. I can feel ok about not finishing it, because I made a real effort. But I can't just start something I know I can finish, and then just not. I'm not that kind of person. It would bother me immensely.

• Like 1

I don't care about the leaderboards, but I care about the individual thread. I mean, why would I start something without the intention of finishing it? Sure, I could join and go for the ones I wanted, but intentionally not completing the PP would make the whole thing feel pointless. And not just the one thread, the entire idea of PP. Since if one feels pointless, they all will feel just as pointless. Also, I can easily just get the plats I want on my own time, without any need of a PP. The only thing that would change if I were to join, is that once I do go through and get the ones I want, I'd feel pressured to do them again to complete what I started. Which would really just be a huge waste of time and money. Since it's one thing to start something and be unable to finish it, because at least I tried. I can feel ok about not finishing it, because I made a real effort. But I can't just start something I know I can finish, and then just not. I'm not that kind of person. It would bother me immensely.

I just think it is a missed opportunity to get in touch with metal gear fans on the site. But if you dont want to join that is your choice. Do whatever you are comfortable with.

Outside of some gameplay adjustments, it's the same game. You get the same story, the same dungeons, the same characters.

fc5iqu.png

Re also got an additional story. Plus, added Heroine Quests (another additional story) as a requirement for Plat. They weren't necessary (and weren't originally at all) in the original HF so many people ignored them completely.

Also, same dungeons... okay, they may be same layout-wise but bosses are different.

It's actually on par with Atelier Plus versions (if I don't count Rorona as a biggest remake)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

I was thinking about doing a PP Zombie. But i was thinking there are quite alot of them so i might narrow it down by adding some rules to them or something.

So here's the list that i could think of out of my head but im quite sure im missing something anyway.

1. The Last of Us
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Dead Nation
  4. Dead Rising 2
  5. Dead Rising 2: Of The Record
  6. Dead Island
  7. Dead Island 2 (coming out 2016)
  8. Dead Island Riptide
  9. Escape Dead Island
  10. Dying Light
  11. Plant vs Zombies
  12. Plant vs Zombies Garden Warfare
  13. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  14. Zombie Army Trilogy
  15. ZOMBI
  16. ZombieDriver HD
  17. Zombie Vikings
  18. Zombie Tycoon 2
  19. Lollipop Chainsaw
  20. The Hungry Horde
  21. The Evil Within
  22. The House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut

Not adding: 

Resident Evil Games

Telltale Walking Dead

Call of Duty

Edited by HcG Clawz
  • Like 3

:highfive: That's pretty much the reason I requested to be removed from the main leaderboard. I only really care about the series I've joined so I don't care about/want to be compared with/need to join the other ones.

I'll justify it by saying it's less work for Zone in the end :P

• Like 1

The leaderboard is just to have another cool feature .  Every PP stands for them self and everyone can participate in every PP they want.  Im sure i cant reach Plat in single PP ... (except GOW when its up) . 

I know the idea of adding Vita+PS3+PS4 was not my best, but i cant or i will not change it . i have two ppl only 1 plat away of Platinum rank , and IMO it would be unfair to degraded them on same rank than ppl with all unique Plats.  I added the Gold rank for all unique Plats later because it is very cool to reach that .

I see all PP as own events . i dont care about the leaderboard (i have my own series completion list in my checklist), but it is a very nice idea to give some ppl extra bonus motivation :) . it is sad if someone sees Leaderboard as demotivation:(.

Dont forget ..... threads, events or what ever, are not FORCING you to play a game . it should motivate you to play games or clear already started ones. No one has to buy games only to participate or get to the top.

Edited by Xionx

I was thinking about doing a PP Zombie. But i was thinking there are quite alot of them so i might narrow it down by adding some rules to them or something.

So here's the list that i could think of out of my head but im quite sure im missing something anyway.

• The Last of Us
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Dead Nation
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Of The Record
  • Dead Island
  • Dead Island 2 (coming out 2016)
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • Escape Dead Island
  • Dying Light
  • Plant vs Zombies
  • Plant vs Zombies Garden Warfare
  • The Walking Dead: Survival Extinct
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • ZOMBI
  • ZombieDriver HD
  • Zombie Vikings
  • Zombie Tycoon 2
Not adding:

Resident Evil Games

Telltale Walking Dead

Call of Duty

I'm kinda wondering why The Last of Us is there twice?

Is The Last of Us considered a zombie game even tho Naughty Dog says it's not one. You encounter infected people not the undead.

Edited by Suicidal Turtle

*snip*

Added you to the queue. It wont be your turn for a while so you'll have quite some time to think on your games list. it looks pretty good and complete now but i can imagine with a zombie theme it might be good to re think some entries like The Last of Us. As well as games you might have missed.

Edited by Zone Hunter

1. The Last of Us
  3. Dead Nation
  4. Dead Rising 2
  6. Dead Island
  8. Dead Island Riptide
  9. Escape Dead Island
  10. Dying Light
  11. Plant vs Zombies
  13. The Walking Dead: Survival Extinct
  14. Zombie Army Trilogy
  15. ZOMBI
  16. ZombieDriver HD
  17. Zombie Vikings
  18. Zombie Tycoon 2

Not adding: 

Resident Evil Games

Telltale Walking Dead

Call of Duty

The Last of Us doesn't have zombies, they are infected

it's called The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

And you could add Lollipop Chainsaw and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z to that list.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

I know it is a side game but I think Ninja Gaiden is a safe series:

• Ninja Gaiden Sigma
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
  • Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden

And if you don't want to count 3 and 3 Razor's Edge as different titles it is highly likely that will get another game.

I'm kinda wondering why The Last of Us is there twice?

Is The Last of Us considered a zombie game even tho Naughty Dog says it's not one. You encounter infected people not the undead.

Well naughty dog just considers this game a survival horror game, and about the zombie/infected thing there's a huge never ending discussion on the internet on this one already.

Alright i'll fix that.

I added Lollipop Chainsaw but i can't add Ninja Gaiden Z because it would be long the the ninja gaiden series which has 6 unique games.

1. The Last of Us
  3. Dead Nation
  4. Dead Rising 2
  6. Dead Island
  8. Dead Island Riptide
  9. Escape Dead Island
  10. Dying Light
  11. Plant vs Zombies