Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Simple answer think of it similarly to Shounen Jump except these are Dengeki with Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax kind of being the main game tying them together much like J-Stars Victory VS+ would be for Shounen Jump.

But most of them are in japanese if I saw correctly?

Are there translations online or is there no other way to understand them then to learn japanese? Because I don't want to play something without being able to understand it.

Are there translations online or is there no other way to understand them then to learn japanese? Because I don't want to play something without being able to understand it.

Nope. This is almost completely JP PP.

Only original Dengeki, SAOs and future Neps are/will be in English =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Are there translations online or is there no other way to understand them then to learn Japanese? Because I don't want to play something without being able to understand it.

Some have English, some have translation guides and others no.

If you mean the plots or characters most of the titles have their anime subbed in some way at least if that was your concern to learn that as I am unsure on available translations of the written works. Safe to say my PP is likely the only PP accepting the titles that have only had Japanese releases at current so if you want platinum tier it will be difficult without knowledge but that isn't to say you won't have fun with the titles that are in English or don't require reading to play or enjoy.

Games in English:

• SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO: Lost Song
  • SAO Re: Hollow Fragment
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

Games that are easily playable:

• Love Live! Vol.1
  • Love Live! Vol.2
  • Love Live! Vol.3
  • Mahouka: OOO
  • Yuuki Yuuna

EDIT:

Ninja...

Edited by Kochiya Shana
  • Like 1

If you mean the plots or characters most of the titles have their anime subbed in some way at least if that was your concern to learn that as I am unsure on available translations of the written works. Safe to say my PP is likely the only PP accepting the titles that have only had Japanese releases at current so if you want platinum tier it will be difficult without knowledge but that isn't to say you won't have fun with the titles that are in English or don't require reading to play or enjoy.

Games in English:

• Love Live! Vol.1
  • Love Live! Vol.2
  • Love Live! Vol.3
  • Yuuki Yuuna

EDIT:

Ninja...

That reminds me... since most likely me and you will be the only ones attempting to conquer the Japanese games, shall we make guides eventually? (Dibs on Onii-sama and Tomo-chan :awesome:)

And before that, once you start the thread, maybe you could provide helpful links with guides/translations so others also have motivation to attempt the games?

Also, shouldn't Tomo-chan The Game also be in "easily playable" if Onii-sama is there? =D Considering how... Onii-sama The Game is filled with crapload of kanji? =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

That reminds me... since most likely me and you will be the only ones attempting to conquer the Japanese games, shall we make guides eventually? (Dibs on Onii-sama and Tomo-chan :awesome:)

Also, before that, once you start the thread, maybe you could provide helpful links with guides/translations so others also have motivation to attempt the games?

Also, shouldn't Tomo-chan The Game also be in "easily playable" if Onii-sama is there? =D Considering how... Onii-sama The Game is filled with crapload of kanji? =D

I'll try a guide should be easier to do an Accel World guide than it was for Dengeki Bunko, I hope...

I'll try link to some but I'll start with the easier games before the more difficult to try ease people in to them so not so intimidated better than giving something difficult and scaring people off due to not understanding it.

I placed Mahouka in easy due to the gameplay not really the story similar to Love Live! and Yuuki Yuuna, gameplay is easy pick up and play for the most part while I am a bit unsure on placing Ro-Kyu-Bu! there though I suppose overall simple but the photos and VN aspect may throw people off along with the basketball.

Although after a quick search I did find a guide for both Yuuki Yuuna and Mahouka so I guess that drops Mahouka's difficulty to newcomers if they can understand the guide...

Damn, I don't have 200 posts. Anyone here wanna suggest a Persona PP once P5 comes out? :P

Please, I'm begging for someone to suggest it.

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Persona 4 Ultimax
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Persona 5
  • (A possible Persona 3 Dancing All Night + future Persona 5 spinoffs)

...Anyone?

Damn, I don't have 200 posts. Anyone here wanna suggest a Persona PP once P5 comes out? :P

Please, I'm begging for someone to suggest it.

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Persona 4 Ultimax
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Persona 5
  • (A possible Persona 3 Dancing All Night + future Persona 5 spinoffs)

...Anyone?

It's already been recommended on the release of P5

Not sure who posted it though

Games in English:

• Love Live! Vol.1
  • Love Live! Vol.2
  • Love Live! Vol.3
  • Yuuki Yuuna

EDIT:

Ninja...

Would you really require that both Hollow Fragment games be platted though? That seems a bit unnecessary, since they're the same game, just with minor tweaks. It'd be like if a PP had Injustice, and they made everyone do both the Injustice and the Injustice Ultimate Edition lists, or if a PP had The Last of Us, and required both the PS3 and PS4 version to be platted.

Would you really require that both Hollow Fragment games be platted though? That seems a bit unnecessary, since they're the same game, just with minor tweaks. It'd be like if a PP had Injustice, and they made everyone do both the Injustice and the Injustice Ultimate Edition lists, or if a PP had The Last of Us, and required both the PS3 and PS4 version to be platted.

You really want to destroy any possible chance of bronze for the poor players? =D

What about a Playstation exclusive PP? Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The Order 1886 etc.

This has been discussed.  Bloodborne at least, is going to be a part of the Get Rekt PP that Yuri is going to do when DS3 drops.  Only problem with this idea is that PS exclusive is an absolutely huge group of games, many of which merit their own PP.  I'm just not sure it'd be feasible to run it without further narrowing.

What about a Playstation exclusive PP? Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The Order 1886 etc.

Pretty much what Hemiak Said. There are a lot of playstation exclusives. Some might already belong to a PP thread while others might be better off getting their own PP thread. If you can come up with a complete list of games for your Playstation Exclusive PP, i might give it another look, but for now i'm not going to add it.

I specified the hard rule that a game needs an 8(+) mean score on .org to qualify for my PP. Also added the rating for each game that qualifies. Unfortunately that means that Rogue Legacy(which I have), 3D dot Heroes(which I'm playing),and Super Monkey Ball don't qualify. I added the info into the post that is already linked on the first page, I just wanted to let people know.