Breaking Up With Assassin's Creed

Xel

• 1 year later...
On 8/8/2016 at 10:51 AM, dell9300 said:

That is true, I have contemplated just playing it on an alt account but at the same time it would be nice to have the complete Ezio trilogy on my profile. It's a tough one. :hmm:

This was a year ago, so I have no idea if it'd help, but you could play the ps4 version now, and not worry about the multiplayer.

• 2 months later...

I think it gets to that point with all games that are copy and pasted every year and they add a number to the end of the title. I mean I have bought and played every single one apart from the new Origins but they no longer feel like Assassins Creed games in my opinion. I started Brotherhood last week and it reminds you of why you started playing the game. I kind of feel like I have to buy them because I used to enjoy them ? it was the same with COD MW2, probably the game that I had the most fun playing online but then each year it got worse and worse but I still kept going and hoping it would turn a corner but it didn't, so the last one I bought was Black Ops 2 and I will probably never buy another one. Still cant decide whether to get Origins, maybe a few month down the line when its on offer on the PS store.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, CaptainMonkster said:

For me the ad series was at its peak in the ezio trilogy and started to decline afterwards hitting rock bottom with syndicate (shit story and glitchy but playable). However imo origins has broughy it back out of the darkness x)

perhaps because Origins decided to do something different. it went the RPG route. not full on. but its a step in the right direction. 

• 2 months later...

Syndicate to me was just okay. The Victoria setting in my opinion felt like more of the same from Unity only the colors are more varied. 

Practically every building in Unity had a bluish tint to it. In fact the entire game pretty much had a blue color theme going for it. 

In Syndicate it’s just a big checklist of things you have to do. I hear Unity is the worst when it comes to this simply because you have to collect all chests and work with bad controls. Plus you practically have no good way to fight off a hoard of guards and the lack of using whistle just made luring more frustrating.

I just hope Origins is varied and doesn’t have a big long checklist like the past games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is just one of those game series that I've never been able to get into at all. 

My Bro played ac2 years ago when it came out on my profile and I thought it looked decent. Recently picked up a disc in cex dirt cheap and had planned to check it out myself and get all the remaining trophies. NOT a chance! Seriously one of the worst games I have ever played. The controls are atrocious to the point that it's unplayable. I was bored with it by the time I finished the first sequence. The furthest I could manage was the point that I had to follow some fat guy without being detected. Not a hope in hell of doing it with those shit controls. Got on youtube and looked at what you had to do and still had no joy after an hour of trying. Gave up on the shit game. 

I've had as3 on the back log for years after getting it on plus so thought I'd see if it was any better. It's not. Looked boring as fook and will forever stay at 1%. Really don't see the appeal with these shitty overhyped games. 

I hear the newer ones are better but I really have no desire whatsoever to pick one up. 

• 10 months later...

Game was great. Really liked it.

But Origins and now Odyssey? 

That's not Assassin's Creed anymore it's a different Game. That's why i stopped after Origins and don't play Odyssey.

I still like the old Assassin's Creeds Games.

Edited by Jeffboy24

I recently went back to AC2 and 3 and got the plats for them. I could never get into them but thought I'd give them a good go to see if my feelings changed but no. Just does nothing for me this series. I just find them really dull and boring. I hear black flag is decent and the newer ones are better but I just wouldn't entertain starting any of the others. Each to their own but I really don't get the hype for this series at all. 

• 1 year later...