We Play Tales of Symphonia

I'm just going to apologise in advance for this first checkpoint moving slowly as I said the thread was going to start on Nov 1st in a typo i feel like i should give more time for this checkpoint than I initially intended, hope people dont mind, if there is a problem I'll post a second.

Sounds good to me.  Hopefully we can get a few more people through by then.

There's more missable trophies, the worst being the chests :shivers:.

I took pictures of all the chests(minus a couple). But sense I don't even have time for the guide anyway, I can post in spoilers per section of the game of all the chests if you like superbuu?

I took pictures of all the chests(minus a couple). But sense I don't even have time for the guide anyway, I can post in spoilers per section of the game of all the chests if you like superbuu?

Why not do both? I know you probably dont have time for a guide, but could be worth while working on the guide while doing this thread, that way youll have the whole lot?

Your call though.

If you think there's any in particular that are easy to miss though those pics will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Why not do both? I know you probably dont have time for a guide, but could be worth while working on the guide while doing this thread, that way youll have the whole lot?

Your call though.

If you think there's any in particular that are easy to miss though those pics will be greatly appreciated.

Hmhmmmm...

ok you convinced me... I did spend almost a year putting the spoiler free walkthrough together... Might as well finish it, and see if I can convince dragon and the others to let the different look be accepted ... Hmhghg

Ya the chests can be a real pain to find, and many you can't go back to. And you have to get them all in one playthrough as it doesn't carry over. Thankfully you all have 4 tries :) lol it's a good one to get out of the way though. :)

Hmhmmmm...

ok you convinced me... I did spend almost a year putting the spoiler free walkthrough together... Might as well finish it, and see if I can convince dragon and the others to let the different look be accepted ... Hmhghg

Ya the chests can be a real pain to find, and many you can't go back to. And you have to get them all in one playthrough as it doesn't carry over. Thankfully you all have 4 tries :) lol it's a good one to get out of the way though. :)

I'm pretty sure you can hire the Katz to find treasures in inaccessible area's. If I remember correctly, that's how I got the title. The last chest was in an area that I could no longer go to. The problem lies in that you have to know where the chest is that you missed, since Katz only research surrounding area's.

Just a tip, it's been a while since I played it so I'm not 100% sure. It's something to try if you find out you're at 99.something % chests and realised y ou missed one.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you can hire the Katz to find treasures in inaccessible area's. If I remember correctly, that's how I got the title. The last chest was in an area that I could no longer go to. The problem lies in that you have to know where the chest is that you missed, since Katz only research surrounding area's.

Just a tip, it's been a while since I played it so I'm not 100% sure. It's something to try if you find out you're at 99.something % chests and realised y ou missed one.

Ya I've read some people had good use with the katz(including you!), but I also read that a lot of people were stuck at 99 regardless how many times they sent them out. I never used them so I can't really comment much lol, I sided with caution in my playthrough and just got them all. :/
  • Like 1

I printed 10 pages double sides (with all the chest items, and Titles and some of the walkthrough). I just cross out what I have obtained. Felt overwhelmed initially...hoping to not panic later on

Is it too late to join in? Currently playing the game, if I can't join I will at least keep up with how you are doing xD

I have already completed a playthrough but missed one title that forces me to repeat a Colette run again, so I am at square one, only with a bunch of titles and trophies lol

Is it too late to join in? Currently playing the game, if I can't join I will at least keep up with how you are doing xD

I have already completed a playthrough but missed one title that forces me to repeat a Colette run again, so I am at square one, only with a bunch of titles and trophies lol

There's always space for more, I prefer people to PM me or use the other topics for that though to not derail the topic. Shouldnt be an issue if you've played before just dont mention any spoilers.

So are you at the beginning?

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

hey hey omar mate :) nice to see you again :)

• Like 1

There's always space for more, I prefer people to PM me or use the other topics for that though to not derail the topic. Shouldnt be an issue if you've played before just dont mention any spoilers.

So are you at the beginning?

Oh sorry for derailing a bit, and yes I'm at the beginning of a new playthrough, I shall keep my mouth shut about story details, I just want to share the journey with more trophy hunters :D

hey hey omar mate :) nice to see you again :)

Hey there sinriel! If I get to join this will be my first We Play event, I'm stoked!! xD

Blocking is done by holding the block button (default :square: ). You need to be facing the right direction. (Side the attack is coming from). This reduces damage taken and if you keep it up too long it can get broken (guard break).

Minor skills spoiler:

Every character also gets a defensive skill, like "Guardian" (Lloyd, Kratos) or "Damage Guard" (Colette) . You can assign these in the artes menu and use it with the button you assign it with. This skill will put up a shield for 1-2 seconds that blocks all damage. If I remember correctly, the characters all learn their respective defensive skills at various points in the story.

Edited by Ric

There are a bunch of elements that give positive or negative points to our grade during each fight, but for starters, everyone should focus on the following in order to optimise grade earnings:

-Finish battles quickly

-End fights with max HP and TP

-Avoid deaths and status ailments

-Perform long combos

Of course, the system is much much more detailed, but these are the basics, I hope it helps xD

Blocking is done by holding the block button (default :square: ). You need to be facing the right direction. (Side the attack is coming from). This reduces damage taken and if you keep it up too long it can get broken (guard break).

It is mainly the timing that is a problem, though if bloking only reduces damage then maybe my timing isn't that bad.

There are a bunch of elements that give positive or negative points to our grade during each fight, but for starters, everyone should focus on the following in order to optimise grade earnings:

-End fights with max HP and TP

So this means that my habit of wandering around at half HP to save healing matterials is harming my grade.  Does this only count for the character you are playing or is this true for the whole party?

I bought the collection with Graces f and so I only got a list of controls is it worth tracking down an e-copy of the original manual?

So this means that my habit of wandering around at half HP to save healing matterials is harming my grade.  Does this only count for the character you are playing or is this true for the whole party?

I bought the collection with Graces f and so I only got a list of controls is it worth tracking down an e-copy of the original manual?

It doesn't harm your grade, it simply doesn't help it either. You don't get penalized for not having max HP and TP at the end of the fight, but you certainly get a boost if you do so. I am not fully certain about how the boost works, but I'd say you get bonus grade per unharmed character in your party, instead of one bonus for a whole unharmed party. For obvious reasons, going for these bonuses while playing through the game is not practical at all. These become useful when you are levelled and decide to farm grade at a place where enemies are weak, you can win fights in less than 5 seconds without having to suffer damage or use techs. While playing the game, just try to do as well as you can during fights, but don't stress over it. 

As for the original manual.....

You shouldn't worry, the game has an in-game manual called "Training Manual", you obtain it as a key item pretty much at the beginning of the game and you can access it from the item menu, it includes everything you need to know about how the gameplay works, as well as controls for you :D