Bartle Test: What kind of gamer are you?

StrickenBiged

Achiever: 60%

Explorer: 73%

Griefer: 20%

Socializer: 47%

I'm not the target audience for this test at all but sounds about right. I enjoy playing games solo while exploring and achieving things on my own. Kind of surprised that socializer was even as high as it was since I hate most MP. There were several questions where neither answer really fit my style of play so I just went with the choice that was at least close to something I would do.

I don't think you can do that. I think the test is designed to give you a balance between all 4, out of 200% total. The idea being that you're supposed to be able to locate yourself on some kind of grid.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Character_theory_chart.svg

(Can't embed images from there.)

lol. I figured it was something like that. I wouldn't retake that test again, just being silly.

Theoretically though, they're all either/or questions, so you could go through it and get 100%/66%33%/0% for every combination of areas, if you so desired.

Edited by Hemiak

lol. I figured it was something like that. I wouldn't retake that test again, just being silly.

Theoretically though, they're all either/or questions, so you could go through it and get 100%/66%33%/0% for every combination of areas, if you so desired.

I picked no options that could be considered "Griefer" options on ones that offered two clearly different options, still got 7% on that :/

Your gaming style is

Achiever: 47%

Explorer: 87%

Griefer: 20%

Socializer: 47%

Looks about right I guess. Anyway, from the looks of it, the "Explorer" category seems to fit with trophy hunters more than "Achiever."

At first glance, it sounds like it should be the other way around, but from the questions it looks like an Achiever is looking to be the most powerful for no other reason while the Explorer is looking to learn about the insides & outsides of the game, so yeah, trophy hunters are a better fit for the Explorer category as it's used here.