Bartle Test: What kind of gamer are you?

StrickenBiged

I think I broke the test. It has the headings, but no results.

This test seemed like it was geared toward one type of game genre and I was left with choices that did not fit my play style for the games I enjoy playing.

I mostly like exploring and achieving ... See my signature.

Edited by xMisFitToyx
  • Like 1

Achiever: 47%

Explorer: 47%
Griefer: 67%
Socializer: 40%

Guess so? Socializer should have been lower.

"Which would you rather do: Win a duel with another player, or get accepted by another clan?"

"Neither of those. Can I pick neither?

"Well, that's not really how-"

"Booooring!"

"You're going to have to-"

"*yawns*"

"CAN YOU RESPECT THE PROCESS FOR 3 SECONDS? 3 SECONDS!"

"Boring. *click exit*"

That's how my test went. :\

Yea, not answering should have been a choice.

This test seemed like it was geared toward one type of game genre and I was left with choices that did not fit my play style for the games I enjoy playing.

Since it's geared towards MMO games, it's a better representation of what kind of users we are on this site rather than in individual games. Do we play games to explore the world and gameplay or do we push ourselves through utter garbage just for the better ranking on the leaderboards, are we here to socialize over common interests or are we here to make sure other people don't have too much fun. That's why so many of us have a higher socializer percent than expected. It's not so much a liking for social games as it is us being forum bugs.

• Like 1

Mine is:

Achiever: 47%

Explorer: 60%

Griefer: 40%

Socializer: 53%

I never knew that i'm that much of a Griefer lol. Though i guess it's because you can only choose one of two answers while at some i would have choosen both or something else. I so would have laughed if all 4 would have been 50%.

Also check out that link http://www.kiang.net/blog/gaming-styles-and-the-class.html

Edited by Tosmasta00

Achiever: 40%

Explorer: 73%

Griefer: 40%

Socializer: 47%

i guess knowledge falls under exploration then

i feel they missing a 'player' stat

while it is more geared to MMO i did rather answer as it applies to my playground(s)

surprised so few achievers unless the fastest, richest, strongest, scorist is truly untrue?

Edited by jujmint

• Achiever - 73%
  • Explorer - 33%
  • Griefer - 80%
  • Socializer - 13%

I guess this is somewhat accurate for me. I mainly play single player games since I don't care much for online multiplayer, so that explains the low socializer. Griefer is high but I do like to dominate those single player games (mainly RPG's personally) through utter destruction of my foes. I have just enough Explorer to find and acquire what I need/want in order to become more powerful. And the Achiever is my pride in those battles where I dominate my foes and can take their precious items as personal in game trophies that I can then use to destroy even more foes. 

Unfortunately, I read your genre disclaimer after taking the test...I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer. Nevertheless:

Achiever: 60%

Explorer: 53%

Griefer: 53%

Socializer: 33%

This is pretty spot on overall though. Beyond trophies, I do like feeling some sense of reward for the amount of time and effort I put into a game (especially RPGs) and tend to be turned off by games that lack this. In open world games, I really enjoy going a bit off the rails and exploring different parts of a world prematurely for high level items and grinding higher levels of experience.

When I do play competitive MP, griefing random jabronis is a guilty pleasure of mine :giggle: ...especially in GTA V's online open world. That was just a dream come true for me...then those "bad sport" servers were implemented...damn, those "bad sport" servers...

And the fact that generally, I prefer offline gameplay over online/MP backs up the socializer percentage.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

About half my answers could be followed by... "I guess".

Ach: 47%

Exp: 80%

Griefer: 13%

Social: 60%

I think social was only so high because it was often paired with griefing choices. I'd much rather play solo, but if I have to play with others I prefer coop. Surprised achiever wasn't higher. Now to retake the test 4 more times to max out each stat!

Seriously though

Would you rather have experience or an item(oh, I like items) that can mind control other players.... I'll take the XP.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Now to retake the test 4 more times to max out each stat!

I don't think you can do that. I think the test is designed to give you a balance between all 4, out of 200% total. The idea being that you're supposed to be able to locate yourself on some kind of grid. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Character_theory_chart.svg

(Can't embed images from there.)

Edited by StrickenBiged