Keep the PS3? Or entirely PS4?

CrumpetOfDojima

So. I had a previous account a while back that I played entirely PS3 on. I also had an xbox 360 for about 8 years. So I've played a LARGE amount of the older-gen games (older gen referring to ps3/360).

I currently still own my PS3 and I own a PS4. But I find myself being on the PS4 all the time rather than touchign my PS3 even though it has games I have yet to play that I have been wanting to play over the years. So I find myself asking the question.

Is it worth switching between the two consoles? Or give in and go entirely PS4? Would it be silly of me to sell the PS3?

I currently own 23 unplayed PS3 games. Of which a few I don't really care if I don't get around to playing. Should I just play through my PS3 entirely and ignore my PS4 for now until I'm done then sell it?

Thoughts!

I say keep both. PS3 has a lot of good games on it and has a entire backlog worth of them if you want games. Plus there's lots of great exclusives on PS3 like LBP series,Infamous 1+2+FOB,Killzone 1-3,etc.

Like I said. I played a LARGE amount of the games that the PS3 has to other. So there's not a huge backlog out there for me. Only around 100-200 I'd say.

• Like 1

I would say keep both I have both and I have a lot of games on PS3 that right now for months I said ''nah not interested'' but after months I experienced sometimes a urge to take out my PS3 and replay those old memories. It is usefull to have both you might find yourself missing it if you sell it.

Edited by Raccoon
  • Like 1

I also own a PS3, Vita and a PS4 and im finding myself playing with my PS4 90% of the time even though I still have about 30 untouched PS3 games and I am not talking about crap games. My backlog contains games like Mass Effekt trilogy, GoW, RDR and so on and im planning to finish my backlog of games as quick as possible so I can put the PS3 aside(not talking about selling it) I say, if you re done with most of your old gen games you were Interessted in, I see no point in forcing yourself to play with the old system.

• Like 2

I'd say keep both. If you do get rid of your ps3 though, I'd be happy to take your extra games off your hands :P

If you're willing to gamble, you might be able to trade the ps3 in now and rebuy one when it drops down in price in a few years for less than you sold it. I did that a few times with some ps2 games though an actual console would be a bigger gamble.

So. I had a previous account a while back that I played entirely PS3 on. I also had an xbox 360 for about 8 years. So I've played a LARGE amount of the older-gen games (older gen referring to ps3/360).

I currently still own my PS3 and I own a PS4. But I find myself being on the PS4 all the time rather than touchign my PS3 even though it has games I have yet to play that I have been wanting to play over the years. So I find myself asking the question.

Is it worth switching between the two consoles? Or give in and go entirely PS4? Would it be silly of me to sell the PS3?

I currently own 23 unplayed PS3 games. Of which a few I don't really care if I don't get around to playing. Should I just play through my PS3 entirely and ignore my PS4 for now until I'm done then sell it?

Thoughts!

Sell it. If/when you regret it, you can buy another and replace the games you didn't play. It'll probably only cost you a few hundred dollars to get back where you are now and you could be a couple hundred dollars richer for selling it all right now. 

• Like 1

I did a choice and I'm happy with it:

When I bought my PS4 I sold all PS3 games but not the console. Why? Because on PS4 you need PS+ to play online so to make it more valuable I decided to hold my PS3 and play in it all the PS+ games and all the good stuff I could get for really cheap on sale. I'm happy with this and remember as a trophy hunters more console means more games and more games means more trophies.

• Like 1

Thoughts!

Keep it. I know people that felt just like you, then 6 months later they were kicking themselves in the ass because they came across some PS3 games they wanted to play.

• Like 1

Sell it. If/when you regret it, you can buy another and replace the games you didn't play. It'll probably only cost you a few hundred dollars to get back where you are now and you could be a couple hundred dollars richer for selling it all right now.

I don't know where you live but here in Italy a ps3 is not worth more than 150$ (new). So I think selling it to make a couple hundred dollars is not possible.