Keep the PS3? Or entirely PS4?

CrumpetOfDojima

Keep both. When I first got my PS4, that's all I played for about a month. Then I went back to my PS3, and have played it far more than my PS4 ever since.

:up: right here

and

:down: right here

i'd keep both, i still have a lot of older consoles and its good to keep them, incase you wanna play them from time to time 

If you'll ask me., I'd say -KEEP IT- I had the same exact experience as per our good friend @ExHaseo.

basically, right now, you are caught and soaked in the moment with your PS4, which is not bad,

I mean, you have spend that much money for it, so why not enjoy the moment and utilize it.

But once the tide starts to slow down and you start to ponder on games you have not even tried on the PS3 (like exclusives)

then that's the time you'll end up regretting things and why on earth had you sold the PS3 in the first place.

Another perfect example would be... remember when you were so IN-LOVE with that junior-high gal and u start to utter words like

"you are mine and am yours" like FOREVER. And BAM! Once misunderstanding starts to creep and the two of you end up breaking up

you'll find yourself saying "dafaq was I thinking/doing".  :popcorn:  (of course, it may or may not be the exact scenario/case) Am just

trying to paint for you the bigger picture. ;) 

Lastly., I hate myself for buying the PS4 that early. Like a month when it launches here in Singapore.

(well thanks to Sir Parker, for posting his PS4 during the NOV 2013 launch in the U.S.)  :giggle: 

I should have waited for the limtd etd. design etc and for that I really REGRET my decision...  :( 

Now, I WANTED SO BAD that MGSV TPP limited Edition unit.

Don't be so hard on your PS3 either, let it rest for the time being in its box and one day, just give it another go.

BTW, am also into the idea of keeping all the console in MY generation.

That way...my two boys would be able to appreciate the technology and go memory lane on our 'future' game room.  :D

Cheers, mate! :highfive:

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz
  • Like 2

I've never owned a PS3, but I do have a Gameboy, DS, PSP and PS2 (Besides my Vita). Even though I don't play on 'em anymore, I still kept 'em because they were a part of my awesome childhood <3 If you aren't facing any problems financially, I would recommend keeping the PS3. If you sell it, you will definitely regret it at point or another.

I don't know where you live but here in Italy a ps3 is not worth more than 150$ (new). So I think selling it to make a couple hundred dollars is not possible.

I was talking about selling the PS3 along with whatever gaming catalog OP has. No point in keeping games for a system OP wants to sell.

Keep it. I have a stack of PS3 games sitting next to my tv that I still need to play. Nothing wrong with having both. I wish I still owned quite a few systems that I got rid of when jumping to the next big thing (NES, SNES, Saturn, Genesis and my PS2). You will definitely regret it if you get rid of all those games without playing them.

Think I'll dedicate some time to play through my PS3 games. If I ever see a good sale for PS3 games I'll grab some. But I'll just have it there as my PS4 I'll always have PS+ on. So why not grab some free games I might not have played before on the PS3.

Seems like a reasonable choice. I won't have a huge amount of games I won't know what to do with. I also get more bang for my buck.

I'm having a similar struggle. Amazon just released a new PS4 bundle with Uncharted Collection, Syndicate, and FF Type-0, all for $350. I've been waiting for KH3 to come out before I make the switch. I'm hoping that by the time it comes out, they'll have increased the hard drive and decreased the price, or at the least make a nice special edition console like they did for Star Wars Battlefront.

I hate to buy a new PS4 just yet because I have so many games I'm trying to finish on the PS3 and honestly, I'm just not ready to say goodbye to it. I'll keep it since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, but I just can't decide if I should buy it now or not.

I'm having a similar struggle. Amazon just released a new PS4 bundle with Uncharted Collection, Syndicate, and FF Type-0, all for $350. I've been waiting for KH3 to come out before I make the switch. I'm hoping that by the time it comes out, they'll have increased the hard drive and decreased the price, or at the least make a nice special edition console like they did for Star Wars Battlefront.

I hate to buy a new PS4 just yet because I have so many games I'm trying to finish on the PS3 and honestly, I'm just not ready to say goodbye to it. I'll keep it since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, but I just can't decide if I should buy it now or not.

I was iffy about going to new gen so soon (2 years is so soon, if we assume that it lasts 10 years like the other gens did before the newer ones got released). It's honestly a great console. Most of the games on it are great and it's such a fun new experience. I got the Uncharted Collection PS4 brand new about 2-3 months ago so I haven't had it too long. But I've been enjoying it ever since I purchased it.

In my opinion I think you should stay with both PS3 and PS4 and the reason for that is because you have games for PS3 like you said, but you also to stay with PS4 you need to get PS+ and that gives you games for both consoles, take the example from me, I only have PS4 now because my PS3 is broken, and now I want to play alot of games on PS3 but I can't :( Keep them both! :D

I also own a ps3 right now and planning to get a ps4 very soon! But im not gonna sell my 320gb ps3 ;-) If you ask me why? Probably I would not sell my ps3 because some past generation gamesare epic and it ewon't come to ps4 as a remastered version like Crisis, Exclusives like Heavy rain,Resistance,killzone(thou I haven't played yet)Another thing is that ps3 is free for online games n all..But genuinely I luv my ps3 <3 Even if ps5 comes in future ;-) I would advice you to keep your ps3 too :-)

• Like 1

Keep.

When the disc reader laser died on my old 80GB PS3, I looked up some YouTube vids and replaced it to get it back into top condition.

When the 80GB storage proved insufficient, I installed a 500GB hdd to accomodate the growing library of game data, demos and digital games.

When it finally croaked as a result of tampering with the motherboard to the point where the console could only load to the XMB screen, unable to even play demos anymore, I purchased a slim model "Last of Us" Bundle PS3 and transferred a huge library of games and data, which I had amassed since the the system's launch, onto the new model.

The PS3's design allows for easy troubleshooting, simple customization, and convenient hdd storage transfer - features that are rather difficult for its competitors.

It's just too great a system that can still contend with the early launch titles of the current gen.

Eventually, gamers who sold their PS3s will become nostalgic for them and will find themselves enjoying some favorites all over again after a repurchase.

I eventually hopped on the PS4 hype train and bought the system a year after launch. While I enjoy the PS4, I could never part with the PS3 even if the PS4 were to attain backwards compatibility for the simple fact that I don't take advantage of trade-ins or pre-owned resale. Besides, the PSN has had so many great deals that I'm stuck with a massive backlog of games, some 100 or so. I'll get to those in due time, I suppose.

I wish Sony allowed us to at least transfer or redownload previously purchased games on the PS4. How many times can one buy the same PS1, PS2 classic or multi-platform game?

How about third party PC controllers? Are they still not compatible with the PS4? Playing a fighting game with anything but the console's controller is a godsend.

Edited by AdventCloud7