PS4 on entertainment tonight. Not good.

Totalcross3000

So the PS4 was on ET. The problem is that they were explaining that the PS4 was a tool in the terrorist bombing in Paris.

Does anyone see the connection? I fear that this election will be focused on terrorism. Which means pay attention because the government wants to monopolise and regulate the internet.

We know they tired with SOPA and failed but this is may be they're chance to try again. Our last source of speech may be in peril again.

They also mentioned several of the texting apps that bypass the regulation by your phone carrier. They even mentioned one or two of the apps that have a self-destruct feature on messages after they get read. It wasn't specifically targeted at ps4, but rather at "un-regulated" communication avenues.

• Like 1

There has been no evidence that PSN was ever used as a communication tool for the Paris terrorist attacks. The story was created by some guy's shitty journalism and escalated from there.

Full story here: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/16/9745216/playstation-4-paris-attacks-reporting-error

Edited by Shadiochao

Sony's response:

PlayStation 4 allows for communication amongst friends and fellow gamers and, in common with all modern connected devices, this has the potential to be abused. However, we take our responsibilities to protect our users extremely seriously and we urge our users and partners to report activities that may be offensive, suspicious or illegal. When we identify or are notified of such conduct, we are committed to taking appropriate actions in conjunction with the appropriate authorities and will continue to do so.

Source: http://gamerant.com/sony-ps4-paris-terror-attack/

You can't monopolize the internet! Lol!!! Esp. since the internet is used internationally for individuals and businesses alike. Having the government take complete control of the internet would kill the economy and would break several antitrusts and international trade law.

If you are referring to PSN in particular rather than the internet... Still illegal. It still breaks antitrust laws.

Well most people use phones and cars as well...should ban all that shit too.

But this doesn't surprise me. The same idiots that cover and believe stupid stuff like this are the same idiots that think that all terrorists are Muslims that hate our freedoms. Or that Paris is the victim here despite France being one of the biggest weapon suppliers to ISIS.

129 Parisians died by weapons that were probably supplied by their own government (or another western government)...I guess that isn't as catchy a headline as Pray for Paris.

The events in Paris were sad, but we should be concentrating on the real enemy (war profiteering governments) and not the PS4 or stupid shit like that.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Oh my god. I just saw NBC Nightly News mention the PS4 and ISIS using it for terroristic activity and cherry picked that dudes statement from before the attack. NBC is a major news network here in America. Millions and millions of people just got told a lie. Not like it's anything new though.

Oh my god. I just saw NBC Nightly News mention the PS4 and ISIS using it for terroristic activity and cherry picked that dudes statement from before the attack. NBC is a major news network here in America. Millions and millions of people just got told a lie. Not like it's anything new though.

Yeah...Fox News has done it, too, and a lot of people watch them, too.

Still, like I said, they don't care if it's true or not. All they care is the views are helping to line their pockets even further. They'll make anything irrelevant into a news story. And they'll never admit it was wrong though it's BS.

I'm tired of talking about this because it's stupid anyway. Every time something bad happens, games are the convenient scapegoat, then eventually they forget until it happens again!

Edited by ShadowStar83x