The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

RAW was great. My opinion is that Brock Lesnar's warning to Goldberg was awesome. I mean, he doesn't need Paul Heyman to be his speech-man at all. I don't watch 205 Live that much, but I'm pretty sure that Jack Gallagher has a big chance to defeat Neville for the Cruiserweight title. Kevin Owens seems to be alone now. Sending a message to Goldberg wasn't appropriate. He also defeated Sami Zayn pretty badly. The big men's match was amazing. I'm sure Roman Reigns will do something at Fastlane.

Let's see what goes on SmackDown Live tonight.

1 hour ago, locutus442 said:

Just read this morning that Diamond Dallas Page is going in the WWE Hall of Fame.  Very pleased to see this.

I never got to know who he was, but yeah, shout out and props to him. Respect the legend :yay:.

Well, they're finally making KO look strong... and I'm terrified that it's only being done so Cock-berg will look that much better when he squashes him.  I was holding out hope that maybe Jericho or Lesnar would show up and interfere but now that Owens is alone and decimating people, pretty sure he's doomed.  I really hope I'm wrong but it's looking like another deserving young star is going to get fed to a "wrestler" who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of pieces of shit.  All that aside, the Fastlane card is still pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

Christ sakes, these injuries. I can't believe Naomi had to give up the Smackdown Live women's championship.

This should be called the Injury Era of WWE.

The thing is...don't do the title match at Smackdown. Why not hold it off for Mania so there can actually be a bigger match. Maybe do a women's tournament to see who will face each other at Mania and then have the title match there.

I know it doesn't really matter because it is the Smackdown's Women's Title...but that is the problem. I wouldn't 't have to write "it doesn't matter" if they actually made the titles matter.

12 hours ago, ee28max said:

I never got to know who he was, but yeah, shout out and props to him. Respect the legend :yay:.

DDP had a good wrestling career but his HOF is all about what he did for wrestlers (and others) outside of the ring.

I mean what he has done for Jake and Hall (not to mention Jericho, Foley and tons others) is a miracle and he deserves his spot for that.

Just caught up on Raw. I really hope they're not making Owens look strong now just to make Goldberg look stronger. 

I'm all for another Lesnar title run. I'm probably the only one. But not right now. Goldberg vs. Lesnar does not need the title. They better do the right thing at Fastlane.

SmackDown Live didn't turn up the way I expected it to. I can't believe that Naomi gave up her SmackDown Live Women's title. I wanted her to enter Wrestlemania with it -_-. Now that Alexa Bliss is a 2-time SmackDown Live Women's champion, it feels quite not right. She looks good with her title though :lol:. I wanted to see Randy Orton face Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania. I thought he wanted to destroy him in the inside by acting as his friend. Looks like Luke Harper and AJ Styles are the new No. 1 contender. Are they really both or is there gonna be a one on one match next week Tuesday? I sure hope AJ Styles wins if it's gonna happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Crowd was freakin' AWFUL at RAW tonight.  Just, awful.

I agree. The crowd was very disrespectful 

Seth Rollins had a pretty good interview, talking his injury and reflecting on how it affected him. Then for whatever reason, the crowd chats "CM Punk" and "Boring". At that point, I changed the channel until it was over.

Sometimes, WWE can ruin a good wrestling moment. Other times (and rarely), The crowd can ruin them as well. If there was any evidence to this, it would be last nights RAW and Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor at SummerSlam (Two wrestlers that made a good match, but is overshadowed by the crowd's reaction to the Universal Championship Belt).

• Like 1

RAW: I was glad to see my favorite Superstar Seth Rollins return and speak about his status. I'm happy to hear that he'll be at Wrestlemania 33 :). Fastlane this Sunday, wow. I haven't seen Kevin Owens this mad ever since. Not sure if he's walking out of Fastlane with his title though. Something might happen, Brock Lesnar could break in the match and destroy Goldberg. I'd be laughing if Kevin Owens runs around the ring to avoid the Jackhammer and the Spear. Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman's contract was fun. Watching them destroy each other is a big deal definitely. 

SmackDown LIVE: AJ Styles wins to be the No. 1 contender of the WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania 33. But what about Randy Orton? It was awesome as hell as he burned down the Wyatt compound. I knew it from the start that he has been using Bray Wyatt to get to the top and get his revenge later on. I can't wait to see what happens next! 

5 March 2017: WWE Fastlane 

Let's see what happens this Sunday! 

• Like 1

On February 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM, skidmarkgn said:

Crowd was freakin' AWFUL at RAW tonight.  Just, awful.

Awful crowd for an awful show. Sounds fair.

2 hours ago, ee28max said:

SmackDown LIVE: AJ Styles wins to be the No. 1 contender of the WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania 33. But what about Randy Orton? It was awesome as hell as he burned down the Wyatt compound. I knew it from the start that he has been using Bray Wyatt to get to the top and get his revenge later on. I can't wait to see what happens next! 

This was seriously one of the coolest things to happen in WWE in a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

Awful crowd for an awful show. Sounds fair.

This was seriously one of the coolest things to happen in WWE in a long time.

I agree :). Haven't seen anything better than this in WWE this year :lol:.

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

Smackdown reigns supreme as usual.

NON-WWE RELATED

I don't know how many of you lovely beings live in Tennessee but, if any of you do, This coming Friday on March 3rd, in Knoxville, TN...

Menace goes up against Ricochet! Also, if any of you are interested in attending a wrestling seminar with Billy Gunn, let me know. 

16831945_611359769073696_2447692632891685715_n.jpg?oh=ad3fb4f88667847b7f33c9c001222789&oe=592E3FEF

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 2:15 PM, GoodbyeBread said:

I agree. The crowd was very disrespectful 

Seth Rollins had a pretty good interview, talking his injury and reflecting on how it affected him. Then for whatever reason, the crowd chats "CM Punk" and "Boring". At that point, I changed the channel until it was over.

Sometimes, WWE can ruin a good wrestling moment. Other times (and rarely), The crowd can ruin them as well. If there was any evidence to this, it would be last nights RAW and Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor at SummerSlam (Two wrestlers that made a good match, but is overshadowed by the crowd's reaction to the Universal Championship Belt).

This was still fresh, so maybe that was why they where chanting:

41 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

This was still fresh, so maybe that was why they where chanting

Wasn't just the Punk chant.  All night long they were quiet (save a few obnoxious turds) except for when they were being blatantly disrespectful to people who absolutely didn't deserve it.  I remember thinking "good lord what an awful crowd" from the beginning of the show to the end.  

Anyways, Cena Roman wins, lol! *dismissive wanking motion*

15 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Wasn't just the Punk chant.  All night long they were quiet (save a few obnoxious turds) except for when they were being blatantly disrespectful to people who absolutely didn't deserve it.  I remember thinking "good lord what an awful crowd" from the beginning of the show to the end.  

Anyways, Cena Roman wins, lol! *dismissive wanking motion*

Yes, I'm agree they were disrespectful, I was just referring to the CM Punk part.

I'm glad Y2J caused KO lose the match, I thought he was totally out of the picture, so now KO Y2J in the WM program.

In the same way I'm fine Sasha interfering Charlotte match again until she goes for the title again now against Bayley

Yay, it's Wrestlwmania season. That time of the year where it doesn't matter if it's 1999 or 2017 because you're seeing the same shit in both era's.  I guess two part timers (one of which is one of the biggest pieces of shit to step into a ring) headlining the event in a rematch of one of the, if not the, worst WM matches of all time is a good thing?  

38 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Yay, it's Wrestlwmania season. That time of the year where it doesn't matter if it's 1999 or 2017 because you're seeing the same shit in both era's.  I guess two part timers (one of which is one of the biggest pieces of shit to step into a ring) headlining the event in a rematch of one of the, if not the, worst WM matches of all time is a good thing?  

What are you talking about. This Mania is going to be awesome. Let me just inform you on what you are going to see.

-Main Event Universal Title-Goldberg (the guy that got concussed from banging his head against a locker and who hasn't had a match longer than 2 minutes) going against the guy that never wrestles

-Women's Title Match-a Fucking 4 way for the title. This match could have meant something but they already gave Bailey the title AND had her beat Charlotte's PPV streak...so now we are getting a watered down match with no historical significance on the line...awesome

-Aj Styles (the guy that got voted the best wrestler of the year in the Observer Awards) going against a 50 year old non-wrestler instead of defending his title.

-Cena and Nikki vs Miz and a non-wrestler Maryse in a nothing match to set up an angle on Total Bellas. So instead of Cena getting his 16th title win and tying Ric Flairs made up record on the grandest stage of them all...he instead lost the title already and is in a nothing tag match

-Braun Strowman has been beaten by Reigns so his mystique is lost...I guess they can throw him in the Jobber Battle Royale to win the stupid trophy no one cares about

-Speaking of Reigns he is about to face the Undertaker. The Undertaker can barely walk so this should be exciting. Reigns better not beat Taker...oh who am I kidding of course he is going to beat Taker. I mean he beat Strowman...he will beat Taker and then he will eventually beat Brock for the title because Vince still thinks people care about Reigns.

Oh yeah...this is a killer PPV to look forward to...seriously why does WWE hate their biggest PPV so much?

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What are you talking about. This Mania is going to be awesome. Let me just inform you on what you are going to see.

-Main Event Universal Title-Goldberg (the guy that got concussed from banging his head against a locker and who hasn't had a match longer than 2 minutes) going against the guy that never wrestles

-Women's Title Match-a Fucking 4 way for the title. This match could have meant something but they already gave Bailey the title AND had her beat Charlotte's PPV streak...so now we are getting a watered down match with no historical significance on the line...awesome

-Aj Styles (the guy that got voted the best wrestler of the year in the Observer Awards) going against a 50 year old non-wrestler instead of defending his title.

-Cena and Nikki vs Miz and a non-wrestler Maryse in a nothing match to set up an angle on Total Bellas. So instead of Cena getting his 16th title win and tying Ric Flairs made up record on the grandest stage of them all...he instead lost the title already and is in a nothing tag match

-Braun Strowman has been beaten by Reigns so his mystique is lost...I guess they can throw him in the Jobber Battle Royale to win the stupid trophy no one cares about

-Speaking of Reigns he is about to face the Undertaker. The Undertaker can barely walk so this should be exciting. Reigns better not beat Taker...oh who am I kidding of course he is going to beat Taker. I mean he beat Strowman...he will beat Taker and then he will eventually beat Brock for the title because Vince still thinks people care about Reigns.

Oh yeah...this is a killer PPV to look forward to...seriously why does WWE hate their biggest PPV so much?

I am seriously starting to regret getting tickets to go to this years mania :( although it gives me a chance to boo the ever living shit outta the god awful lesnar Goldberg match :(