The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

4 hours ago, Soneto said:

Anyone looking forward to Wrestlemania?

Mostly no.  Not entirely no, but mostly no.  The top of the card has far too many aging part-timers and not enough actual talent to be any good.  Honestly, what are the chances Brock/Goldberg are going to deliver a good match?  Shane and AJ might be okay but that's mostly just to see if Shane survives whatever suicidal maneuver he'll inevitably bust out with.  Taker/Reigns' only potential is for an actual heel turn instead of the implied BS their doing followed by more down the throat shoving.  HHH/Seth won't be any good because of the stipulation and Seth (I'd assume) being limited.  The women on both brands are being shoehorned into bloated nothing matches instead of a properly built feud having an acceptable payoff.  No idea what the tag divisions are doing because Vince always fades them out this time of the year, although I hear they're trying very hard to sign the broken Hardys and having them show up.  IC title match might be good.  KO/Jericho will most likely be the highlight of the night.  Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse will probably tell an okay story but I heard it's Nikki's (please-please-please) retirement match which means Cena wins LOL.  Cruiserweight match will be fun and should open the show to fire up the crowd with a total spot-fest.  Andre battle royal will display it's 4th annual year of being useless crap used to give guys their PPV money, if they even do anymore?.  So, like I said, mostly no.  Two matches look like they'll be fun so it'll be up to surprises to provide anything else.

10 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I think I could milk that shit until November.  Steph could brag constantly about how amazing Dixie is and how she's making decision after decision that is best for business.  Meanwhile, Dixie's answer to everything is literally "I don't know Ms. McMahon, what do you think".  She'd be an empty suiting yes-(wo)man.   Steph's power tripping ego gets so out of control that...

HHH gets so fed up with Dixie's inability to do anything that he creates a stable of Joe, AJ (or Aries if you don't want AJ to trade shows), and the newly called up Eric Young to systematically take her out.  Leading up to a traditional Survivor Series match that actually means something.  Something like Joe, Young, Aries and the recently resigned Hardys (or Enzo &Cass if the Hardy deal doesn't get done) vs. Shaemus, Rusev, Neville, Anderson and Gallows. If HHH's team wins, Dixie's done.

Well you put a lot more thought into than me ^_^ I just wanted to see WWE recreate this moment

SmackDown LIVE (3/28/2017): It was a little boring to be honest. I'm sure Cena & Nikki vs Miz & Maryse's match will be shitty at WM, this Sunday. The only cool thing that happened was AJ and Shane's contract signing and Randy's part. I'm quite excited for Ambrose and Corbin's match. Oh man, WM should just play already.

On 21 March 2017 at 5:54 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

The thing about the Attitude era is it was actually pretty shit.

They completely devalued both the titles and any sort of realism. I mean you had people taking 8 chair shots, 3 garbage cans, 2 flaming tables and they would just get right back up. It made it impossible for people to actually sell anymore because everything had been done to death.

On top of that most of the storylines were terrible (bossman eating a dog, val venis getting his penis cut off, mae young trying to fuck everyone). The thing is you had very good, compelling people on top and that made it seem better than it was.

Nowadays you may not have the "It" factor but you have far superior wrestlers that can actually go in the ring and really the only thing missing is Vince and co to stop scripting all the lines and let people go out and talk like they are themselves instead of crappy actors.

Attitude era set the standards for today's wrestlers, who nowadays can match the Rock, mankind, stone cold, vince McMahon, hbk, undertaker, dx, bret hart, plus the incredible storylines, u just mentioned the crap ones, what about the Austin and McMahon feud, dx being hillious, bret hart getting screwed, nowadays there's to many pay per views to many hated wrestlers who are ment to be the baby faces, same matches at wrestlemania's year in year out since wm25, how you can say the attitude era was crap is a joke it was the best and only time wrestling was at its main peak. Even Brock lesner sucks, where's the high risk moves he used to do like his backflip of the top turnbuckle, now he just stands there's sweating like his about to have a heart attack after 5 mins all he does his suplex everyone in every match, today wrestlers and the wrestling games need a good kick up the bum.

1 hour ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Attitude era set the standards for today's wrestlers, who nowadays can match the Rock, mankind, stone cold, vince McMahon, hbk, undertaker, dx, bret hart, plus the incredible storylines, u just mentioned the crap ones, what about the Austin and McMahon feud, dx being hillious, bret hart getting screwed, nowadays there's to many pay per views to many hated wrestlers who are ment to be the baby faces, same matches at wrestlemania's year in year out since wm25, how you can say the attitude era was crap is a joke it was the best and only time wrestling was at its main peak. Even Brock lesner sucks, where's the high risk moves he used to do like his backflip of the top turnbuckle, now he just stands there's sweating like his about to have a heart attack after 5 mins all he does his suplex everyone in every match, today wrestlers and the wrestling games need a good kick up the bum.

I don't even know how to argue this anymore but I will break some of it down.

Bret getting screwed angle wasn't a long term story line. THey actually lucked into that one. If you look at the original angle Vince was trying to play the babyface.

Austin vs McMahon was great but is also responsible for every "evil" Boss storyline since so it was actually a bad one.

DX was funny but so are acts like the New Day...not seeing point.

The Rock was a hated wrestler who was meant to be a babyface...so they turned him heel and look how that turned out (the fans turned him babyface again)

Brock doing a Shooting Star Press at Mania almost broke his Neck. Why the fuck would he ever try that again.

I will give you the Attitude era was a lot of fun but you also mentioned it was the Peak which means that a lot of the decisions they made during that era started the company to its decline.

Hotshooting angles, devaluing the titles, ruining injury angles etc etc etc this all led to the company being in the shape it is in and that is the Attitude Eras fault.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't even know how to argue this anymore but I will break some of it down.

Bret getting screwed angle wasn't a long term story line. THey actually lucked into that one. If you look at the original angle Vince was trying to play the babyface.

Austin vs McMahon was great but is also responsible for every "evil" Boss storyline since so it was actually a bad one.

DX was funny but so are acts like the New Day...not seeing point.

The Rock was a hated wrestler who was meant to be a babyface...so they turned him heel and look how that turned out (the fans turned him babyface again)

Brock doing a Shooting Star Press at Mania almost broke his Neck. Why the fuck would he ever try that again.

I will give you the Attitude era was a lot of fun but you also mentioned it was the Peak which means that a lot of the decisions they made during that era started the company to its decline.

Hotshooting angles, devaluing the titles, ruining injury angles etc etc etc this all led to the company being in the shape it is in and that is the Attitude Eras fault.

Don't forget about today's audience either.  Over the past several years anytime the WWE "pushes it" and starts to employ an attitude era type of angle everyone loses their mind and endlessly complains about how offended they are.  More than once I've come on to this very thread and had to point that fact out to people complaining about an angle.  The build to the CM Punk/Undertaker match comes to mind off the top of my head, people bitched and moaned about Punks actions being tasteless outta one side of their mouth and praised the all powerful attitude era outta the other.  

I'm not gonna go as far as saying it was crap but it definitely wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be, especially if (like me) you were never a fan of Austin or the Rock.  I mean Austin won, what, 3 Royal Rumbles in a row, and how many time did either he, the Rock, or both headline WM?  

8 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Don't forget about today's audience either.  Over the past several years anytime the WWE "pushes it" and starts to employ an attitude era type of angle everyone loses their mind and endlessly complains about how offended they are.  More than once I've come on to this very thread and had to point that fact out to people complaining about an angle.  The build to the CM Punk/Undertaker match comes to mind off the top of my head, people bitched and moaned about Punks actions being tasteless outta one side of their mouth and praised the all powerful attitude era outta the other.  

I'm not gonna go as far as saying it was crap but it definitely wasn't as good as everyone makes it out to be, especially if (like me) you were never a fan of Austin or the Rock.  I mean Austin won, what, 3 Royal Rumbles in a row, and how many time did either he, the Rock, or both headline WM?  

That is so true. I mean I saw people complaining about Bailey giving the Dusty Bear to Goldust and the Club destroying it as "bad taste"

The Attitude Era had Steph being crucified, Bossman being hung, Kane setting fire to everyone, Bossman desecrating Big Show's father's grave, Bossman eating Al Snow's dog...actually Bossman is on this list a lot.

29 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I love how Mania is tomorrow and know one seems to really care.

Is anyone excited?

Kind of. I can't help but get hyped for it every year, even when I know it won't be great. It's just the whole feel of the weekend.

Speaking of which, I'm using today to catch up on everything I missed so far (due to work). Watched the Hall of Fame, the new WWE 24, the last few episodes of Ride Along, and probably the best thing WWE has done in a long time- Southpaw Regional Wrestling on YouTube. If you haven't watched the 4 episodes yet, watch them now. They are only 6ish minutes each, but they are hilarious.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Is anyone excited?

Not really. I was most excited about Hall Of Fame ceremony and it was great once again. This year especially was awesome thanks to Kurt Angle, who is my third favorite wrestler of all time. Other two are Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho.

WrestleMania doesn't have any match that I'm very interested and there is also way too many matches in the card. WWE should learn that quantity doesn't equal quality. Not sure if I'm gonna watch the whole show, probably gonna skip a lot of stuff.

Edited by Juzota
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Not really. I was most excited about Hall Of Fame ceremony and it was great once again. This year especially was awesome thanks to Kurt Angle, who is my third favorite wrestler of all time. Other two are Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho.

WrestleMania doesn't have any match that I'm very interested and there is also way too many matches in the card. WWE should learn that quantity doesn't equal quality. Not sure if I'm gonna watch the whole show, probably gonna skip a lot of stuff.

OK first off those are my top 3 favourite wrestlers of all time as well...that is just uncanny.

Second...THANK YOU...I have been saying for years that WWE needs to stop putting everyone on Mania because it just makes the show watered down and it means no one gets over. Like look at last year. Instead of doing a huge feud with Owens and Zayn that would have incredibly memorable...they instead did that ladder match and while it was still a good match, it is hardly something you will remember even a couple of years from now.

Or this year instead of doing Bailey vs Charlotte with the title and streak on the line, they instead gave Bailey the streak and title already and made it a 4 person feud...but they had Sasha beat Nia last month so even her dominant streak is over...so who the fuck cares about this match now?

They also build Owens vs Jericho for 8-9 months and then strip Owens of the title a month earlier and have the two facing for the US Title now....way to give all those returning "1 night only fans" a reason to keep watching.

Aj vs Shane is just stupid. That is just Shane wanting a Mania match and WWE giving him the best wrestler in the world to try and make him look good (to build Shane's ego)

They gave away Cena's 16 title win for a nothing storyline instead of saving it for Mania...also they BETTER not having Cena/Nikki win at Mania since they are both done after tomorrow for awhile and Miz could use the win. I mean I know they want to do the engagement storyline but Cena doesn't need to win for that. I mean have Cena lose and then after Miz is done celebrating you have John turn to Nikki and say "it is OK if we lost tonight, because we are going to have many more chances in the future. Will you be my Tag Team Partner for life" and then proposes.

Anyways rant over. ULTIMATE THRILLRIDE

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

They also build Owens vs Jericho for 8-9 months and then strip Owens of the title a month earlier and have the two facing for the US Title now....way to give all those returning "1 night only fans" a reason to keep watching.

This is my main issue with WWE at the moment. Owens vs. Jericho should've been the main event in this Mania. It's just so dumb to have these part timers to take the spotlight over from these guys that work all year around. 

Other thing that bothers me is that Neville vs. Aries is in the pre-show. Championship matches should alway be in main card in my opinion. I'm glad they put the SD Women's title match in the main card after all, same thing should happen to cruiserweights.

Oh, and I really hope that this is Undertaker's last WrestleMania. He should've had retire after losing to Lesnar.

7 minutes ago, Juzota said:

This is my main issue with WWE at the moment. Owens vs. Jericho should've been the main event in this Mania. It's just so dumb to have these part timers to take the spotlight over from these guys that work all year around. 

Other thing that bothers me is that Neville vs. Aries is in the pre-show. Championship matches should alway be in main card in my opinion. I'm glad they put the SD Women's title match in the main card after all, same thing should happen to cruiserweights.

Oh, and I really hope that this is Undertaker's last WrestleMania. He should've had retire after losing to Lesnar.

That's the thing. I know WWE wanted the "big match" (that we have seen twice already) of Goldberg vs Lesnar to draw in casual fans...but those fans would probably have watched anyways because it is Mania.

Imagine though if they did Owens vs Jericho or AJ vs Nakamura. If Vince went out and said "GODDAMMIT I want a 6 star match so we can beat NJPW....go make it happen" then maybe a lot of those hardcore smark fans would have tuned in as well. Maybe Mania would have drawn some good support and have some other fans (the ones that praise ROH, PWG and NJWP" sit up and take notice.

I mean what would be the harm in putting a match on like that.I mean they could still have Lesnar vs Goldberg 3rd from the top (or whatever).

2 hours ago, ee28max said:

Asuka remains undefeated. The Glorious Bobby Roode retains his title. TakeOver was a little boring tbh.

Idk, I quite enjoyed the whole thing. I felt like they weren't trying too hard to put on a good show and it worked really well.

5 hours ago, PREDRAG-K said:

So what did everyone think of TakeOver? I enjoyed it. That DiY/Revival/AoP triple threat tag match was amazing. 

My god, DIY and Revival are gold every time they're both involved with each other. I love their chemistry.

• Like 1

And I thought that KO's finger over the rope to avoid losing it was going to be one of the few memorable things of the night. Glad to be wrong.

Welcome back HB.

Cena winning, no surprise there. Everybody and their grandmothers knew about John proposal tonight. I was expecting Miz to win.

Edited by GoldenShaka