The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Ok I'll just say this

I want to see Danial Bryan vs Shinsuke Nakamura at some point.

SD, although good, didn't have enough kick to top Raw this week

Highs:

- Paige as SD Manager (although she would need to work on the mic a little bit)

- Carmella cashing in and winning the SD title

- Heel Shinsuke Nakamura

Lows:

- Randy ortan winning the triple threat (What a way to kill a crowds momentum)

- Danial Bryan vs AJ Styles (Good, but short)

• Like 1

Good show overall, more ups than RAW but also more lows imo.

I really like Shinsuke as a heel he already feels more natural but he isn't the only one that should turn heel, Roode and Orton needs to be heel too, especially Roode.

I got one thing I wanted with The Iconic Duo, and on top of their debuts they destroyed Charlotte which enabled Carmella to cash-in so I couldn't be more happier about this. One thing that was disappointing was that RAW was full of surprises but that was unfortunately not the case with smackdown which worries me a little bit since I can already see RAW picking every smackdown superstars during the shake-up without giving much in return, just like last year.

They could have done without the segment and the match between Naomi and Natalya and give this time to a debuting/returning superstar or you know ... Asuka ? I can't believe she wasn't used on RAW or on SD, the only purpose of the streak was to push Charlotte in the end so I'm pretty disgusted by the bookers and Charlotte at the moment.

Last thing that was stupid was the two number one contender matches that were both won by the previous champions. A pretty stupid decision since they would have had their rematch anyway but the matches were great so I don't really care, just wanted to point this out.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

Smackdown was alright. Overall better matches and less surprises, but that's okay. No one could've topped the debut of the Iconic Duo (or IIconics - who came up with that name change?!) on Smackdown anyway. B)

Shinsuke Nakamura also showed how good he can be on the microphone and as a heel in general. This and Carmella's cash in right after Peyton & Billie destroyed Charlotte, where my highlights. Paige as GM though, hmm. I have nothing against Paige personally, but man I was hoping for a bigger name. Jeff Jarrett would have been great.

• Like 3

Finally The Iconic Duo (or IIconics) have arrived on SmackDown. Carmella is now the new SD Women's Champion, now she should have good feuds coming up and be more like Seth Rollins 2015 version. Something like Carmella vs Liv Morgan at Backlash or Money in the Bank, etc. 

Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal again, c'mon. It's déjà vu all over and Backlash is where everything started with Jinder last year. I wanted Rusev to win or at least Roode. I think Randy should go to RAW but we might see Roode go there in the shake up. Also The Usos winning again (I don't have a problem with it), there are other Tag Teams in SD but OMG, SmackDown is dead with tag teams, just look at what RAW has now. 

I already love heel Nakamura. Two low blows, I liked that. Also Daniel's first match on SmackDown since 2015. Paige as GM? Cool, but she needs to work on some stuff. I thought Edge or Mark Henry would take the spot. We'll see more of her in the coming weeks. I wonder if "Absolution" will be using Paige's theme song or something else. We'll probably not see Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville for a while to get things changed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Paige as GM though, hmm. I have nothing against Paige personally, but man I was hoping for a bigger name. Jeff Jarrett would have been great.

Yeah I was also disappointed but the main reason I could see her being SD GM is to promote her new movie and do something until her contract expires; after that we may very well see someone more "interesting". 

11 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal again, c'mon. It's déjà vu all over and Backlash is where everything started with Jinder last year. I wanted Rusev to win or at least Roode. I think Randy should go to RAW but we might see Roode go there in the shake up. Also The Usos winning again (I don't have a problem with it), there are other Tag Teams in SD but OMG, SmackDown is dead with tag teams, just look at what RAW has now. 

As far as Rusev is concerned we can maybe consider that by losing the number 1 contender match he was the true winner since he is going to face The Undertaker in The Greatest RR show.

I'm not looking forward to this personally (mainly because of The Undertaker) but I know there are a lot of Rusev fans that are not happy with his booking so maybe this match will make them happy.

It's funny you think that of the SD tag team division because I think the exact opposite :D For the past year I found the SD tag division way more entertaining despite all the Usos vs New Day matches. The RAW tag team division mainly focused on The Bar vs The Shield/Rollins and Jason Jordan and they turned The Balor Club and The Revival into a complete joke when Smackdown managed to show us the ability of the fashion police (not long enouh though) and Shad Gable and Shelton Benjamin. 

It's true that RAW seems way more interesting since monday but if they do the Shake-up in a right way, both TT divisions could be awesome (if booked correctly of course...), and we will probably see Sanity coming to the main roster next week too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah I was also disappointed but the main reason I could see her being SD GM is to promote her new movie and do something until her contract expires; after that we may very well see someone more "interesting". 

As far as Rusev is concerned we can maybe consider that by losing the number 1 contender match he was the true winner since he is going to face The Undertaker in The Greatest RR show.

I'm not looking forward to this personally (mainly because of The Undertaker) but I know there are a lot of Rusev fans that are not happy with his booking so maybe this match will make them happy.

It's funny you think that of the SD tag team division because I think the exact opposite :D For the past year I found the SD tag division way more entertaining despite all the Usos vs New Day matches. The RAW tag team division mainly focused on The Bar vs The Shield/Rollins and Jason Jordan and they turned The Balor Club and The Revival into a complete joke when Smackdown managed to show us the ability of the fashion police (not long enouh though) and Shad Gable and Shelton Benjamin. 

It's true that RAW seems way more interesting since monday but if they do the Shake-up in a right way, both TT divisions could be awesome (if booked correctly of course...), and we will probably see Sanity coming to the main roster next week too.

The Undertaker will perform at Greatest RR? Woah, didn't expect that at all. Since there'll be 7 championship matches, does this mean Jinder and Randy will have their match there right away? Also looking forward to the Fatal 4-Way ladder match and all other matches on the card. I don't know if I misread, but I think I saw it would be playing mid day, I don't know.

Yep, the Shake-Up is what we should be waiting for. I think SmackDown will have SAnitY make a landing soon as well. Not sure if AOP are fine on RAW but let's give them a chance and see. SmackDown already has a power house tag team and I think The Bludgeon Bros and AOP can pull off one hell of a dream match. 

For the upcoming Shake Up: 

Now that Carmella is SD Women's Champion, there's no way she's going to RAW, which is good. I hope Riott Squad remain on SmackDown and maybe and hopefully Carmella can feud with one of them (especially Liv Morgan if they allow it). 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ee28max said:

The Undertaker will perform at Greatest RR? Woah, didn't expect that at all. Since there'll be 7 championship matches, does this mean Jinder and Randy will have their match there right away? Also looking forward to the Fatal 4-Way ladder match and all other matches on the card. I don't know if I misread, but I think I saw it would be playing mid day, I don't know.

Yep, the Shake-Up is what we should be waiting for. I think SmackDown will have SAnitY make a landing soon as well. Not sure if AOP are fine on RAW but let's give them a chance and see. SmackDown already has a power house tag team and I think The Bludgeon Bros and AOP can pull off one hell of a dream match. 

For the upcoming Shake Up: 

Now that Carmella is SD Women's Champion, there's no way she's going to RAW, which is good. I hope Riott Squad remain on SmackDown and maybe and hopefully Carmella can feud with one of them (especially Liv Morgan if they allow it). 

I was surprised as well but I'm not getting my hopes up because the way Rusev has been treated recently I'm not expecting WWE to give them something else than a squash. I don't really know much about the card but iirc they are going to put every championship on the line (except for the women of course...) so if that's the case Jinder will face Randy and have another opponent for Backlash ?

I don't know which women should move to RAW or SD but I think Charlotte will go to RAW (to face Ronda at WM35), Naomi too (I predict that because generally they move real life couple together and I expect The Usos to move on RAW) but for SD I think they will get Bayley and someone disappointing like Dana Brooke.

I don't even know in which brand Asuka is but I want her on SD after the shake-up since the title picture on RAW will probably focus on Charlotte and Ronda for the majority of the year.

I have one question though, will the winner of the RR will have the opportunity to choose which champion he wants to face or are they doing it just for the sake of having 50 men compete in a RR ?

• Like 2

Didn't know some NJPW wrestlers attended the event. Minoru suzuki and Braun Strowman would've been an insane tag team

@itachi-destroyer Judging from the history from prior PPVs in the past, my guess is the winner gets choose which champion to face at Wrestlemania, but it would be between two world titles (WWE Universal and WWE World Heavyweight). I have to see a RR winner choose to go after a Intercontinental Champion or US Champion. Would be a strange thing if it were to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Oh that's right. Good point. I forgot about the movie, even though they showed the clip with The Rock multiple times during WrestleMania weekend. :D

Regarding Rusev vs The Undertaker - seems like Rusev will be buried soon, literally and figuratively :P . Joking aside though, this could be a little show stealer. It's already a pretty compelling Card with the Rumble, the IC Ladder Match, the Tag Team Championships, and Triple H vs Cena.

24 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I have one question though, will the winner of the RR will have the opportunity to choose which champion he wants to face or are they doing it just for the sake of having 50 men compete in a RR ?

Nothing's official yet, but they hype the largest Royal Rumble so much. The winner has to be rewarded with a Title Match. Anything else would just be plain stupid.

Concerning the Shake-Up: hopefully it will be more creative than the wrestlers showing up and the commentators mentioning that they obviously must have switched brands. I always liked the idea of the Draft Lottery. It was one of the best things about the first Brand Extension.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I was surprised as well but I'm not getting my hopes up because the way Rusev has been treated recently I'm not expecting WWE to give them something else than a squash. I don't really know much about the card but iirc they are going to put every championship on the line (except for the women of course...) so if that's the case Jinder will face Randy and have another opponent for Backlash ?

I don't know which women should move to RAW or SD but I think Charlotte will go to RAW (to face Ronda at WM35), Naomi too (I predict that because generally they move real life couple together and I expect The Usos to move on RAW) but for SD I think they will get Bayley and someone disappointing like Dana Brooke.

I don't even know in which brand Asuka is but I want her on SD after the shake-up since the title picture on RAW will probably focus on Charlotte and Ronda for the majority of the year.

The Greatest RR card is so confusing and even the point of this PPV in the first place. Having Jinder and Randy face twice will look stupid, especially making Randy Orton have more matches for a mid-card championship when he can be better off as a heel. Looking at that match you can already tell that WWE has no idea what to do with Randy, even himself likes spending time in the ring, so what can we do. I think we'll get our answers as Greatest RR comes closer. 

I would like to see Bayley and maybe Sasha Banks move to SmackDown and have their feud there. Dana Brooke may be better at SmackDown. Meanwhile RAW is quickly growing bigger Women if Charlotte and Naomi make a move (remember that Ember Moon and Ronda Rousey are all there) Putting pressure on Nia Jax who just recently won the RAW Women's title. Now I don't know what they'll do with Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. 

Probably the winner has to choose which championship to face just like other RRs. I just hope they don't ruin the hype because they've been showing it too much. 

8 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Concerning the Shake-Up: hopefully it will be more creative than the wrestlers showing up and the commentators mentioning that they obviously must have switched brands. I always liked the idea of the Draft Lottery. It was one of the best things about the first Brand Extension.

Oh yes, Draft Lottery was the best. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2018 at 11:09 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

If I remember correctly Daniel Bryan had a lot of bad spots in his career especially when he used to do a lot of suicide dive (guess the name is fitting since it can lead to a career suicide. On top of that this move is seen every week and it's not impressive anymore, so why would anyone risk that move ?) One spot that I remember being particularly bad was when he faced Randy Orton on a RAW or a Smackdown episode, they when for a spot where Randy had to avoid the move but Bryan went too far and his neck crashed into the barricade. The injury was so bad that the match was stopped immediately and I remember hearing that Bryan was mad at HHH and WWE Officials for stopping the match. That's not the only reason for his retirement obviously but it certainly didn't help.

He seemed really sad when he came to the ring he was like "please stop booing me, I'm only a cow in the WWE machine" lol :P  I don't know if he could handle being a heel since even kids and woman would boo him.

Yeah the match is a steel cage match and I remember that match with Cena but back then Brock used to give use good matches so I was pretty mad when John Cena won... But there is also the fact that at the time, Brock wasn't the "conqueror" of The Undertaker's wrestlemania streak so it wasn't as impossible to defeat him, I'm sure he would not be defeated by just a punch with a chain nowadays.

Then he will just have to escape the steel cage to win. Or he could use the chain to give him a few Superman Punches (I do agree that one chain shot in the face won't put him down nowadays). Steel Cage matches are basically No DQ, right?

On 11/04/2018 at 4:23 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

On 11/04/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jesaya815 said:

Regarding Rusev vs The Undertaker - seems like Rusev will be buried soon, literally and figuratively :P . Joking aside though, this could be a little show stealer. It's already a pretty compelling Card with the Rumble, the IC Ladder Match, the Tag Team Championships, and Triple H vs Cena.

Things changed, it's now The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. How's that now? ☺

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Things changed, it's now The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. How's that now? 263a.png

You beat me to it :D . Seems odd to replace Rusev just a few days after they announced the Casket Match, but Chris Jericho vs The Undertaker sounds like a hell of a match! I'm worried about Rusev though, his days could be numbered.

• Like 2

Shake up predictions:

Iconic Duo will stay at SD.

Bayley moves to SD.

Charlotte moves to Raw.

New Day moves to Raw.

Naomi moves to Raw

Seth Rollins moves to SD

The glorious moves to Raw

Jeff Hardy moves to SD

Breezango splits

Asuka will stay at SD

Jinder moves to Raw

Sheamus and Cesaro splits

And I think that we're going to have the rumored Tag team Women Division.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

And I think that we're going to have the rumored Tag team Women Division.

The only way that should happen is if they put all the women on the same brand.  We didn't need 4 women's titles (which would technically be 6 as there are 4 tag champions) to be shared among like 20 women.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The only way that should happen is if they put all the women on the same brand.  We didn't need 4 women's titles (which would technically be 6 as there are 4 tag champions) to be shared among like 20 women.

Actually I was thinking in unifying the single brand titles. So Raw could have the tag team division title and SD the Women championship. I mean considering all upcoming PPV will include both brands (correct?)

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Chris Jericho vs The Undertaker sounds like a hell of a match! 

3 or 4 years ago I would have wholeheartedly agreed.  After Takers last couple of outings though...If Cena can't carry an (in my opinion) entertaining match with him then I'm not sure it can be done.  Say what you will about Cena being stale, the dude's a master storyteller in the ring.

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Actually I was thinking in unifying the single brand titles. So Raw could have the tag team division title and SD the Women championship. I mean considering all upcoming PPV will include both brands (correct?)

But then that sends the message that Raw (or whatever) is the better brand because it has the singles title. Now if they just put all the women on one brand and all the tag teams on the other brand it would send the message to viewers like "if you like Tag Team wrestling make sure to watch Smackdown and don't forget to watch Raw to see the women wrestle" 

It makes the brands more unique and doesn't water down the titles

18 hours ago, ee28max said:

Then he will just have to escape the steel cage to win. Or he could use the chain to give him a few Superman Punches (I do agree that one chain shot in the face won't put him down nowadays). Steel Cage matches are basically No DQ, right?

Things changed, it's now The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. How's that now? ☺

Yeah but if he just escapes we will have Paul Heyman say "you didn't beat Brock Lesnar, you just escaped with his title !" and have another match between the two of them :P 

And yes these matches are no DQ but I think we'll just see a clean finish with a spear inside the cage and then have the rumoured feud between Joe and Reigns...

And for the Taker I just don't care, is match with Cena was just a middle finger to the fans and now I'm even more certain that he just can't give us good matches anymore so they can put him against The Rock I would still not care. If anything, I think The Undertaker needs to face a good heel in a career match and lose, that way everyone will boo the guy like crazy and Taker will finally be able to retire. It's good to see Chris though :D 

And as far as making TT and Women titles exclusive in one brand I thought it was a good idea a few months ago but now it would be disastrous for the women division. WWE is going to focus on Ronda and Charlotte so if we have every woman on the same show, they are all going to be booked poorly and I don't really want to see that.

Edit :

Rusev just deleted all mentions of WWE from his twitter, I think we can say goodbye to Rusev... I didn't like the "Rusev day" gimmick that much but I always liked Rusev as a wrestler and him being released just prove once more how stupid WWE is.

Last week could have been a way to change the landscape of WWE with the rise of new stars like Rusev, Nakamura, Asuka, Elias but no, what did WWE gave us ? The same old bullshit with the same superstars being pushed.

Hopefully, he will find a place that fits him outside of WWE.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah but if he just escapes we will have Paul Heyman say "you didn't beat Brock Lesnar, you just escaped with his title !" and have another match between the two of them :P 

And yes these matches are no DQ but I think we'll just see a clean finish with a spear inside the cage and then have the rumoured feud between Joe and Reigns...

And for the Taker I just don't care, is match with Cena was just a middle finger to the fans and now I'm even more certain that he just can't give us good matches anymore so they can put him against The Rock I would still not care. If anything, I think The Undertaker needs to face a good heel in a career match and lose, that way everyone will boo the guy like crazy and Taker will finally be able to retire. It's good to see Chris though :D 

And as far as making TT and Women titles exclusive in one brand I thought it was a good idea a few months ago but now it would be disastrous for the women division. WWE is going to focus on Ronda and Charlotte so if we have every woman on the same show, they are all going to be booked poorly and I don't really want to see that.

I just hope the whole Roman Reigns / Brock Lesnar feud ends quickly so we can witness Roman Reigns / Samoa Joe - the one feud I'm damn looking forward to. After that burial promo this past RAW (Roman be like "You can't bury me, J̶o̶h̶n̶ Joe). I say this feud will be great and it'll most likely be for the Universal Championship at Backlash (would be really crazy if Samoa Joe wins the IC title at Greatest Royal Rumble but I doubt it). 

Just for the sake of discussion, I'll throw out some questions:

(this can be in or out of WWE)

Who do you consider Best Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Who do you consider Best Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/growing up)

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Best match you ever saw and why?

Worst match you ever saw and why?

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Just for the sake of discussion, I'll throw out some questions:

(this can be in or out of WWE)

Interesting, I'm curious to see everyone opinions on these questions.

As far as I'm concerned I'll only talk about WWE because this is the only thing that I watch unless something makes a buzz huge enough outside of WWE to make me want to see what the buzz is about. (Omega vs Okada and Omega vs Jericho are good examples. I was disappointed in the so called "6-Star" match but I really liked Jericho vs Omega)

Who do you consider Best Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

I'll answer with Aj Styles. He is the probably the best face I have ever seen because he has everything a face could dream of. He his charismatic, he looks good without falling in the stereotype of what "the face of WWE" should look like (big guys that are built like "greek gods") , he delivers good promo that automatically makes you want to cheer for him and he is a phenomenal athlete.

Who do you consider Best Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/growing up)

In today's era I'll say without hesitation that the best heel is The Miz. He is one of the best talker in WWE history and when he is inside the ring, he always find a new way to cheat which is really surprising considering how much trick he already used during is time in WWE.

The best heel of all time in my opinion is Chris Jericho. He is arrogant and sometimes you just want to punch him in the face but he is so good at what he does that you have to respect him. He even found a way to reinvent himself with the list of Jericho and he became one of the best thing in WWE in 2016/2017.

My favourite periods however were when Randy Orton was feuding with Triple H and was a freaking psycopath, he was probably the most hateable and disgusting heel in WWE history back then. I also really liked The Miz run when he was Mr MITB and WWE champion and the same can be said for Seth Rollins.

I'd just like to add that even though he is not a Wrestler, Paul Heyman is easily one of the best heel in WWE history.

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Roman Reigns. He his the total opposite of Aj Styles, he isn't charismatic, he can't deliver a promo (and when he is out of things to say he always says something like "Why don't you just shut your mouth you fake-ass b*tch, come fight with the big dog and lose because this is my yard, believe that !") , he can't wrestle, he isn't athletic at all and, he has been stealing other wrestlers spot for the last 5 years (he won the WWE championship three times in less than 3 months ...) but he still isn't over with the crowd and finally he is a true assh*le in real life so that just makes him the most toxic wrestler in WWE history in my opinion. Not only he is the worst face of all time, he is also one of the worst wrestlers of all time.

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

In today's WWE I'd say that the worst heel is Bray Wyatt. The guy isn't bad or uninteresting but WWE f*cked up a lot with him and the storyline they gave him were absolutely atrocious and followed this pattern most of the time "Attack a random face wrestler with no reason -> Say a lot of things that don't make sense and claim that he is a god -> Lose the feud, repeat." I used to like him a lot but he isn't credible as a heel anymore. Maybe WWE will make him interesting again by siding him with Matt Hardy, we'll see.

Everytime I see this question I don't know what to answer since there isn't any match that particularly stands out in my mind that makes me want to say "this is the best match, period" so I'll just speak of 2017, my match of the year was Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate. Their match was a mixed of technical wrestling, fast paced-action, storytelling, awesome reversals and a really good crowd that made the match even more awesome. The match was rated the NXT match of 2017 and I highly recommend it if you missed it.

I saw a lot of bad matches in my life but the one that stands out is Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker. I choose this one because choosing a match between two jobbers would be ridiculous and the fact that this match was the main event of Wrestlemania made it even worst. 

This match was basically a fight between a 53 year old man with broken ribs that needed surgery replacement and a guy that can't wrestler so what was bound to happen happened and Roman had to make the match good by himself... Since he barely had a good match with AJ Styles a few years ago, I knew he was not going to be able to make this an average match, but the match was even worst than I thought, I wasn't even mad or sad, I was just emotionless which is the worst thing a company based around "entertainment" would like to see from their fans. 

A strong contender would be the main event of this year's wrestlemania and the reaction of the crowd during the match showed that. When people are playing beach ball during the main event of wrestlemania, you should know that something is wrong with your main event. Even Lesnar was mad and threw the universal championship at Vince...

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?

The reason I only watch WWE is because for me, one of the most important part of the Pro Wrestling business is the Entertainment part. I don't want to see athletic guys wrestling without any purpose or wrestlers without charisma fighting each other. Everything you listed is important so I don't have anything to add but the most important thing for me is a good booking. This is the beginning of almost every important aspect of Pro Wrestling. If you can't book your wrestlers properly you are not going to make them interesting and if they are not interesting it is just going to make me want to skip their matches. I despise the way WWE (Or Vince more specifically) are treating their wrestlers nowadays so this is why I enjoy NXT more than the main roster. In NXT they know how to make the strenghts of a wrestler shine and they are building a lot of stars to make their show interesting for a lot of wrestling fans with different tastes, as opposed to the main roster that is only focusing on one part timer, one bad wrestler and one woman that is only at the top because of her last name.

Wow, I didn't think I would write that much :P 

• Like 3

@itachi-destroyer Very insightful :) Thanks for telling me

Who do you consider Best Face wrestler? 

Growing up:  Rey Mysterio - I seem to have a soft spot for high-flyers and most of them are my favorites. Rey mysterio was unique and probably one of the most underrated faces. Sure we have faces that are like superheros (John Cena and Roman Reigns), Charismatic (The Rock and Chris Jerico), Underdogs( Danial Bryon and Sami Zayn) or just all out rebellous (Dean Ambrose, Stone Cold Steve Austin). Aside of being a high flying luchador, Rey Mysterio was also presented as a father. We don't get those anymore and i feel we should bring some back.. (this was one of my favorite segments with him. Getting his blessings from his daughter - X )

Today: AJ styles - I know I know. I mentioned how i liked him a lot. But if there was ever a pure face of WWE, AJ styles would be on top. Has great matches, brings the best out of other wrestlers, if not puts them over as well and cuts decent promos (minus Kami). Like him or hate him, He is definately one of the best wrestlers of today.

Attitude Era: Rob Van Dam - I don't know about anyone here, but i felt like he was one of those wrestlers that was hard to hate. He was one of the many wrestlers that got me into pro-wrestling in the first place. The guy had the ability, attitude, charisma and the crowd, especially when he went up to do his finisher.  

All time: Undertaker - Watching tv segments where Micheal cole saying "Now look whos playing the mind game" is very cringy for me. The king of mind games definitely goes to The Undertaker and the best examples were his feuds with Randy Ortan and Edge. Of course there some silly things with like the possession of Josh matthews, but creative would go all out with the mind games.  A legend that can get a huge amount of pop just by a simple "gong".   

Who do you consider Best Heel wrestler?

Growing up: Eddie Guerrero - Still sad over his death :( But he was a terrific heel. He was very entertaining. Didn't get to see his early matches. But now, looking back, he was devious, he was smart and he never played by the rules. He was a down to earth guy back stage, but one screen, he knew how to rile the crowd.

Today:  Samoa Joe - In terms of character, Miz is at the top of the mountain in that department. When it comes to crossing the line, I say it is Joe. aside from injury, Joe has done pretty well and has this badass aggressiveness. "I'll do what I want, when I want, screw everyone else". I might not remember well, but Joe is the only heel wrestler I know that hasn't had a comeuppance. He does what he wants and leaves without a care.

Attitude Era: Chris Jericho - this one was tough but I have to say Jericho when he gave up the savor gimmick (I was sad when that happened :(). But when you look at his promos and the way he spoke, that was a man of disgust.  He interactions with the crowd really cemented his bad guy status. Interactions with the crowd is a big thing in the Pro wrestling business. For example, Faces can hold up the fan's signs while Heels can rip them up. Jericho had good interaction with the crowd (face and heel), but i think his heel interactions really shined compared to his face interactions. 

All Time: Edge - The Rated R superstar. My goodness, this was a wrestle that hated but also loved watching in the ring. Much like Eddie, He was very entertaining and in my opinion, had one of the best Spears in WWE (the other two were Goldberg for power and Batista for simplicity). Edge's Spear had the build up and the crowd going insane. you knew this was like the finishing blow. 

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler? 

Growing up: Big Show - This is mostly because he flipped and turned so many times, I don't know whether to cheer or hate him. To his credit, he did get a pop when he did  chokeslams.As a face, he wasn't very memorable.

Today: Kalisto - While a great high flyer, his mic skills are very wooden. This i feel was the downfall of his career -> Goddamn it WOO

All Time: Ultimate Warrior - He was definately Iconic thats for sure. Wrestling wise though he wasn't as good. He kinda felt generic superheroish wrestler. Given his history with the company as well, I wouldn't want to hire him if he isn't going to show up for events.

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler?

These ones are mostly geared towards who they are behind the scenes

JBL: There is a difference between being a heel and being a complete jerk. They guy managed to be both. The guy was able be a good heat magnet, but also a huge bully. Harassing and verbally abusing coworkers to the point when they must leave. Having that around the company is bad for business, scares away new talent and makes WWE look like a prison. Glad he's retired, but still hate him to this day. 

Yoshiko (Stardom): While there are some wrestlers that get unnecessary heat and boos, this wrestler deserves all of them. She had a match against Yasukawa. During half way through the match, Yoshiko went against booking and started bludgeoning Yasukawa, attacking her eye. As a result, Yasukawa ended up retiring, while Yoshiko continued to get work. How she isn't blacklisted is beyond me. Imagine Jinder Mahal intentionally destroying Finn balor on the night his return, instead of concussing him.  That man would be booed out of the building and them some. Yoshiko is the kind of wrestler i don't want to see in any wrestling production and people who follow in her footsteps should be blacklisted permanently. Her Match with with Yasukawa is one of the most heartbreaking matches I have ever watched ----> Starcade Incident

Point is that wrestlers (inside and outside the ring) that Physically or Verbally hurt others they work with boils my blood.

On TV, it is no doubt the seven-man gauntlet match in February. Seth rollins beating John Cena and Roman Reigns for an hour. Elias showed his strengths during that match. Finn and Miz had an intense match, and of course Braun Strowman stealing the show. It was one of the matches where everyone did very well and wrestled their heart out. Definitely a good night on Raw

Jinder Mahal vs El torito. Probably one of the weirdest and worst match i ever saw. Stuff like this put him into a depression.

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?)

Watching pro-wrestling from an early age, there was a lot to tackle.  What made Pro wrestling? You have talented wrestlers, a diverse set of characters, memorable segments, storylines and promos. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what makes it entertaining. To me, Pro wrestling when they get fans invested. Not like when a dream match is coming up, but when all of these things i mentioned come together and gives us a resounding emotion. Its when wrestlers are let loose and run things creatively (Matt vs wyatt deletion). It's when build up to a moment of sadness (Ric flair vs Shawn michaels), shock (Brock lesnar vs Undertaker) or joy (Danial Bryon vs Bastista vs Randy Ortan). I wouldn't say they are moments, but i want to say like your part of the moment.  

• Like 3

Who do you consider the Best Face wrestler?
I think of John Cena here. 
All of his career, especially after the Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick died. He has great, one of the best mic skills, storyteller and a rapper, he roasts his opponents with words and good occasions. Some good examples are Miz TV last year leading up to WrestleMania 33, The Rock in 2012 and the one we can't ever forget - Roman Reigns No Mercy contract signing in 2017. He faced almost everyone in the roster so you can't think of a lot of dream matches anymore. He had great feuds with all his 16 championships. The fans love him so much and many may say WWE is nothing without him and whether you like it or not, anyone in the world who watches WWE or just has little knowledge about wrestling knows who John Cena is. 

I hope his upcoming match against Triple H at the Greatest Royal Rumble won't be disappointing. It should be a little flashback of Night of Champions 2008 and other times they fought each other. Until today he never had even one match for the Intercontinental Championship and that's the only title he needs for Grand Slam. 

Who do you consider the Best Heel wrestler?
I'm gonna go for The Miz. 
This guy has everything - mic skills, intelligence, charisma, etc. His run with the WWE Championship was the best in his entire career after his split with John Morrison. You have to accept how damn good he is at blinding referees, cheating and escaping. Just look at his feud with Dolph Ziggler in 2016 where Maryse returned. At one point Dolph was sprayed in the eyes while the referee was distracted and also rewatch their Intercontinental Championship match at TLC 2016 - I highly recommend it. 

There's also Randy Orton. 
Back in 2009 during his feud with Triple H, Stephanie (actually the whole McMahon family while he was on the track with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase) was super awesome and Randy was a real snake. Kicking heads like a soccer ball, oh my, look at what WWE is today. Also back when he feuded with John Cena. 2013-2014 when he was more of an Authority grown heel feuding with Daniel Bryan and John Cena and became undisputed WWE champion at some point. 

There's Edge. 
One of those psychopaths and a ladies' man. Always found a way to get away and had weird looks. His second wife was the World Heavyweight title. Best feud was probably with John Cena in 2009 and other old days. 

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler?
Hmm... Big Show? He always goes up and down, left and right in his career. Especially when he was a remote controller for The Authority and just what he did during the years. 

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler?
Hopefully Nakamura won't be one of them because he is already handling it well. 
Ryback comes in my mind here. After changing his gimmick from Nexus he was dethroning everything in his way and storylines got better after getting low blowed by Brad Maddox at Hell in a Cell 2012 and Shell Shocked CM Punk on top of the cell. Went heel, became IC Champion, got wasted and now he is out of business. 
Another one I can think of is John Morrison. I actually loved the team MNM with Joey Mercury back in the day (that botch was the worst for Joey Mercury) and also the tag team with The Miz and Miz made the team better because he was a better heel while John Morrison would just go around showing off his abs. You know he "ain't no make believe", if you know what I mean. Too bad he left WWE but hopefully he can come back and feud with The Miz and finish off stuff. 

This question is sometimes specific, I mean, there are so many matches that can be fan-favourite. I've been watching WWE since 2007 and from each year leading up to now I have made about my top 10 or top 5 favourite matches of the year. I also checked out the Attitude Era to see how WWE was back then and it was enjoyable. 

Some I can think of is the recent 6-Man Ladder Match NXT North American Championship - TakeOver: New Orleans, 
Aleister Black vs Adam Cole - TakeOver: Philadelphia, 
Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins - Money in the Bank 2016, 
CM Punk vs John Cena - Money in the Bank 2011, 
Money in the Bank Ladder Match 2014
Those John Cena I QUIT Matches (ft. The Miz, Randy Orton, Batista)
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker - SummerSlam 2015
Jeff Hardy vs Edge - Armageddon 2007
Christian vs Randy Orton - SummerSlam 2011
Team Cena vs Team Authority -
Survivor Series 2014
The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler - TLC 2016

And many more lol. I can make a list exclusively.

Now that I realized everything recently I have to say Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker - WrestleMania 33. The Undertaker teased a retirement which got Roman Reigns to receive a huge boo from the hostile crowd the night after that WrestleMania 33. The Undertaker should've faced someone else like John Cena and maybe propose to Nikki Bella after the match. It would've been better if Roman just lost that match or it should've never happened in the first place. It should've been Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns rematch after Braun was pinned at Fastlane 2017. This was by far the worst mistake done in 2017. Now it will go on forever like this onwards. I understand WWE pushing Roman Reigns like this, but that crossed the damn red freaking cold blooded line. Also ruining his career in a way.

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?
Watching since 2007. In my own words and from my experience, Pro Wrestling is pretty much entertainment, joy and all about having fun no matter what consequences penetrate through. Good matches are what makes Pro Wrestling awesome with the help of the noise of the crowd, commentators (well, not annoying ones who just say everything. I like NXT's commentary), referee, match stipulations and the arena itself. Promos make it even better with exhilirating storylines and rivalries or feuds among the wrestlers. The character roles such as being a heel or babyface and making the crowd go nuts. Good booking is what WWE is lacking nowadays because some of the other top stars are either left behind, forgotten about, leaving them jobbers in the process. Making things that never happened before as well. All about passion and having the full potential about it. 
Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3