The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I can't believe they had Carmella beat Charlotte. Carmella is the most garbage "wrestler" I have ever seen. And they had Asuka's streak die for that? Yuck.

The only good thing about Backlash was Seth Rollins vs The Miz. Other than that, it was a train wreck. I was begging for it to be over after Carmella retained.

I don't even watch RAW and SD Live anymore. I'm getting to that place again, where I'm just like fuck it with WWE.

RAW was decent this week, 2-3  good matches and some really interesting picks for the Men MITB ladder match. Miz or K.O would make a really good choice for the MITB winner.

Don't care about the women anymore, it's good if Bliss or Asuka wins the MITB contract, if that's not the case I'll just continue to skip the women segments and matches, that's fine. Oh, and didn't Ronday Rousey said that she wanted to earn opportunities ? Because as far as I know she wasn't on RAW this week and she wasn't on RAW last week either; she also never competed on TV so is this what she was thinking by "earning opportunities" ? ?

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

RAW was decent this week, 2-3  good matches and some really interesting picks for the Men MITB ladder match. Miz or K.O would make a really good choice for the MITB winner.

Don't care about the women anymore, it's good if Bliss or Asuka wins the MITB contract, if that's not the case I'll just continue to skip the women segments and matches, that's fine. Oh, and didn't Ronday Rousey said that she wanted to earn opportunities ? Because as far as I know she wasn't on RAW this week and she wasn't on RAW last week either; she also never competed on TV so is this what she was thinking by "earning opportunities" ? 1f644.png

Yeah, it's way too soon for Ronda and the worst thing about it is that they did the angle during NBCUniversal Upfront, instead of just booking it on Raw. Why exactly do we need to tune in, if storylines like these start outside the wrestling business and rather get announced on social media?! It would've been much better for Rousey to team up with Nattie and face the Riott Squad or Mickie James and a mystery partner at MITB, but WWE likes to rush things.

• Like 4

RAW was good and all, but it looks like WWE ran out of ideas all of a sudden. 

The idea of B Team is not bad and I do hope they get their hands on the RAW Tag Team Championships some time in the future but we also have The Revival, who seem to fall in the trap of a jobber. Most of the time I just ask myself what Vince McMahon was thinking when he made The Undertaker lose to Roman Reigns but that's in the past so let's move on - there goes the biggest mistake. Using Jinder Mahal to get Roman Reigns over may not help anything. We might just get a one on one match at MITB. Congrats to Kevin Owens, he's one of the top contenders who should win. Hope we don't get disappointed. For the women, not much to say, so I'll wait for more to qualify. Now they wanna bury Sami Zayn again, WTF!!! Bobby Lashley was booed pretty badly and maybe it's just in the UK. I hope they know what they're doing with Sami Zayn. 

About Ronda Rousey I'm a little shocked because she only had one match and now a title match will be her first singles match in WWE. People like Dana Brooke who claims she should've been the 7th women in the first ever Women's Elimination Chamber match since the Men's was also 7. Wow, Nia Jax vs Ronda Rousey is a little SummerSlam worthy if you ask me. Will Nia's title reign end already, or will WWE make Ronda Rousey heel at a point? This is just ridiculous, like c'mon.

Now we're gonna witness AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura (IV), so let's see what stipulation will be made. The Artist, especially as heel, needs this title. People wanted to see a dream match, but what happened at NJPW WK10 won't, didn't, and may never happen in WWE. 

Fingers crossed it's a low-blow KO match. Or they can ban low-blows. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Now we're gonna witness AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura (IV), so let's see what stipulation will be made. The Artist, especially as heel, needs this title. People wanted to see a dream match, but what happened at NJPW WK10 won't, didn't, and may never happen in WWE. 

Fingers crossed it's a low-blow KO match. Or they can ban low-blows.

I heard it's either going to be a Last Balls Standing Match or an Iron Balls Match. Could be just rumors and innuendo though...Too bad that the match won't take place at Great Balls of Fire. The PPV name would've finally made sense.

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 3

For once, I've been pretty happy for (almost) an entire WWE show, Smackdown kept me untertained for the most part and I wouldn't have mind seeing another hour with the likes of Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Samoa Joe, The Bludgeon Brothers and the list goes on :P 

This match between A.J Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura is one of my favourites but since he won this one he'll probably lose at MITB, that's what WWE is doing most of the time anyway. I'll wait until MITB but I wont be surprised if both of WWE's japanese superstars end up losing AGAIN ?

• Like 2

SD was definitely good last night

AJ Styles and Shinske Nakamura matches have really grown on me. Most of it can be contributed to Nakamura being heel, which in my opinion seems to be working well for him. Nakamura deserves to be champion. I hope they just pull the trigger on that. If I were to guess, MITB may have another no contest and then push for Summer slam.

Two little personal nitpicks:

1) Miz's suggestion on breaking the new day (gotta disagree)

2) Sonya Deville's theme (seems out of place)

• Like 2

Smackdown was very good, the crowd not so much, except when Daniel Bryan showed up. No one cared for what poor Renee had to say, no matter how hard she tried.

Styles and Nakamura arguably had their best match so far (inside a WWE ring), which is great. I'm also happy that Becky Lynch won. It probably won't happen, but she would deserve a big push.

The MITB ladder match should feature the best women. That being said, either Billie Kay or Lana will be one of them. Not Asuka, Peyton, Sasha, Bayley, Ruby, or even Sonya...

NhR0R14.gif

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 3

Looks like Big Cass screwed himself with the little man segment.  The initial plan was for him just to give the little guy a big boot and leave, he wanted to beat him down more but a writer or producer or something said no.  Cass then went over that guy's head and went straight to Vince, which Vince actually encourages, but Vince also said no.  Well, Cass decided to do it anyways.  Since then, he quick tapped in a PPV match, then wasn't on TV at all (Rusev beat DB that week) and this week gets a beat down from Bryan.  Whoops.

• Like 2

Internet connection here wasn't that good, so that was that :P 

SmackDown was alright. Now that Shinsuke Nakamura has to choose the stipulation (can I say that it's crystal clear), he should win at Money In The Bank. Same thing when Jinder Mahal had to choose the stipulation for his match at Battleground which was the Punjabi Prison, leaving us with a huge mystery of The Great Khali not returning to SmackDown after helping Jinder. It's Deja Vu right now because we've seen Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton about 3 times but for AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura will be 5 times now. He turned heel for a reason, y'know. 

Notice that two big Japanese stars are on the MITB card, they both won the 2018 Royal Rumble matches and both lost at WrestleMania. What next, WWE? 

Dunno who to root for between Lana and Billie Kay for next week. I just hope this year's Women's MITB Ladder match will be great with cool editions such as an Eclipse and Twisted Bliss from the ladder (crazy and insane but it might cause injury) and hopefully a "Woman" wins it this time on this very PPV.   

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

Smackdown was good.  Didn't care about the Bryan-Cass thing (not a fan of either). The Miz's comment is crazy talk: if New Day were to split up, Kofi would be fine, but Big E and Xavier would plummet down the card (not their fault--- creative wouldn't know what to do with them). 

Love that Becky is in WMITB (really want her to win it).  Carmella needs Absolution or the Iconics to become her faction (kinda how the Miz had the Miz-tourage). It was downright stupid she beat Charlotte and would be just crap if she beat Asuka. At least if she won-retained dirty, i could accept it.

Lana will likely lose to motivate her character to invest fully in Rusev (ie: break up Rusev Day since WWE hates it despite it making them money).

Shinsuke v. AJ disappointed me, but for the right reasons. It was a good match with (imho) a great Eddie Guerrero: L,C,S style finish by Shinsuke (plus it's the first time I saw his full new intro). I was disappointed because this is the match and resolve we should have gotten at the rumble or backlash, not a SD stipulation match. I'll still enjoy their next match, but this would have made it really fun for me if Shinsuke won the title this way (actually jumped up cheering and laughing when Shinsuke did his thing).

For those who missed EG's Lie-Cheat-Steal moments, go watch them.... some of the most fun a wrestling fan can have.

Edited by MySenkai
Typo

So NBC-USA tripled their contract on WWE RAW but now can't afford SmackDown. With all that new income, maybe WWE will bring back intro pyros. I wonder where SD will end up.

Edited by MySenkai

I am not a Rousey fan at all but even I know this is completely stupid to have her in the title match already. If she wins it will probably turn some of the fans against her and if she SHOULD not lose yet because that destroys the aura she has around her.

Now they should have had Ronda vs Asuka for the title at Summerslam with a Streak vs Steak but WWE screwed that up by letting Charlotte have her 1 day run (seriously it is a group of monkeys working that writing room).

So since that has been done my prediction on what should be done is whomever wins the Women's Money in the Bank should then cash in and insert themselves into the title match and they pin Nia for the title. That way Ronda isn't champ yet but she can say she was "screwed" out of her chance and Ronda's streak can continue (or at least start as she only has 1 win).

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So since that has been done my prediction on what should be done is whomever wins the Women's Money in the Bank should then cash in and insert themselves into the title match and they pin Nia for the title. That way Ronda isn't champ yet but she can say she was "screwed" out of her chance and Ronda's streak can continue (or at least start as she only has 1 win).

Personally I think it should be the other way around.  I know it devalues the MITB (especially since it's only been around for a year for the women) but, as much as I feel she shouldn't be champ, Nia's run needs at least a little length to it.  The hot-potato'ing of the women's title has gone on for too long.  It Seems like no matter who's coming to the ring they're a "former women's champion".  Charlotte has brought some prestige to the division, (and the title) but that's all gone now that Carmella, who's awful in every way, pinned her.  If there's a run that needs to be short and sweet terrible, it's that one.

34 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Personally I think it should be the other way around.  I know it devalues the MITB (especially since it's only been around for a year for the women) but, as much as I feel she shouldn't be champ, Nia's run needs at least a little length to it.  The hot-potato'ing of the women's title has gone on for too long.  It Seems like no matter who's coming to the ring they're a "former women's champion".  Charlotte has brought some prestige to the division, (and the title) but that's all gone now that Carmella, who's awful in every way, pinned her.  If there's a run that needs to be short and sweet terrible, it's that one.

You know that could work as well. Yeah MITB winner inserts into the match making it a threeway but then Nia pins her. I actually like that better. 

And you are so right about everyone being a winner. It is almost like THERE SHOULDN'T BE 2 WOMEN'S BELTS....sorry it is so stupid to have 2 champs for both Tag and Women (and men as well)

RAW was terrible, I skipped a good part of the show and it seems like I didn't miss much.  I really like this new Drew McIntyre but I wish they didn't do this against Chad Gable, the guy is really good and should be push but WWE creatives certainly see more talent in The B team, Jinder Mahal or Roman Reigns ?

Don't care much about the women anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if Natalya wins the MITB contract and cash in on Ronda Rousey the same night.

As opposed to RAW I can't wait to see SD and hear what stipulation will be used for Nakamura vs Styles.

• Like 3

RAW went downhill all of a sudden. The Sami Zayn/Bobby Lashley/3 sisters segment was horrible. What a way to open the road of the feud. Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal at Money In The Bank is now official (I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again), but guys, don't be surprised if this one becomes the main event. Only match that was good at least was Finn Balor and Braun Strowman. You could see how The Monster was stressed so he had to pummel Balor down with two Running Powerslams to ensure that he's out cold. Same thing a few months ago when Kane used 3 consecutive Chokeslams to defeat Finn Balor. So here's what I think of WWE using their brains not to, y'know, "squash" a strong superstar. 

I don't know how I feel about Nia Jax vs Ronda Rousey at MITB. All I can think of is that the way of the woman with the longest time in possession of the MITB Briefcase, will turn into the woman with the fastest cash-in in history, just in back-to-back years - that is if a woman wins the MITB ladder match this year.

Shinsuke Nakamura looking excited for SmackDown, can't wait to see what stipulation it'll be. Also, does WWE have the capability to pull the trigger on Lana to qualify for Women's MITB after her screw up during her in-ring matches last year, turning into Tamina's manager, and now part of the Rusev Day faction? I'm excited to witness Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan as well.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

don't be surprised if this one becomes the main event.

If Vince is actually that stupid I might swear the WWE off entirely.  After the Reigns/Joe crowd debacle Vince literally said that was an "eye opener", if he meant anything other than putting Roman in a main event above title matches (or in this case the namesake match of the event) then there's no hope until he's gone.

• Like 1

Unless I missed No Bayley,  no Deleters of worlds action, certainly a terrible Raw.

Btw, probably most of people is good with it but All the women faces for the MITB are the most common, Charlotte Becky Alexa Natalya, and I safely bet Naomi tonight. Really, no new faces at all?????

Edit: wait I missed Ember, well at least one.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Smackdown wasn't as good as last week but at least it was way more enjoyable than RAW. However I'm not really happy with the way they use The IIconics, I didn't need another reason to stop caring about women wrestling. I don't know what is wrong with NXT superstars but when I see them on the main roster I just see wasted potential because of WWE writers, maybe they should just stay on NXT forever :P One thing I like about Smackdown though is how they manage to (almost) consistently give us good main event matches, Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan was good and I'm sure Bryan vs Joe will be even better.

Concerning the WWE title match at MITB, The Last Man Standing is not a bad stipulation for Nakamura vs Styles if they stop delivering low blows after low blows... However, they could have made a better choice, I would have love to see an Iron Man Match or a Three Stages of Hell match.

• Like 2

Last night I was watching some random videos on Youtube when I got myself watching Raw's old Intro, Enemies. I know that a lot of people prefer some classic Intros like Across the Nation and To be loved, but I've always found Enemies epic: the song itself, the graphic fitting the lyrics perfectly... And also, the fact that the video changed, but not the first and the last sequence, with Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks and Brock Lesnar. Why in the hell did they change Enemies with the garbage Born for Greatness? Also, am I the only one whose eyes bleed when I see the white and red Raw's set? Man, the old one, black and red set was perfect.

I know I'm out of time since they did these changes in January, but yesterday I almost cried while listening Enemies again.
  • Like 1

SmackDown was better than RAW obviously. Excited to see Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe next week since it's even PPV worthy. Not happy how they dealt and got away with the squash match for Lana vs Billie Kay and it looks like Vince McMahon will be getting infuriated about the whole "Lana Day" gag soon (I might be wrong). SmackDown's Tag Team division was dead as hell before the Superstar Shake-Up and I still doubt the Good Brothers will be walking out with blues at MITB. They'll probably feud for a little longer. 

The Last Man Standing match stipulation does make sense as the upbringing of it derived from the ring count out at Greatest Royal Rumble and another 10 count at Backlash. I thought they were gonna put up something like Last Balls Standing or Money In The Balls or Balls In The Bank match. There are so many match stipulations we haven't seen for years and I wish they can bring them back. I was as well expecting Iron Man match or Ladder Match, but there are already two epic signature Ladder Matches, hence the PPV name. I sometimes find it weird that the major PPV names with signature matches on the card (not talking about the Big 4), like Royal Rumble (featuring the signature RR match), Elimination Chamber (the signature EC match), Money In The Bank (the signature MITB Ladder Match), Hell In A Cell (the HIAC matches), Survivor Series (the signature traditional 5-on-5 matches), don't always get to be the main event. Example Royal Rumble 2013, the main event was CM Punk vs The Rock. Maybe it was just a special match, so I understand. Especially MITB Ladder Matches don't be the main event. Maybe it's to enable the winner to immediately cash-in during that night :dunno: 

5 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:
Last night I was watching some random videos on Youtube when I got myself watching Raw's old Intro, Enemies. I know that a lot of people prefer some classic Intros like Across the Nation and To be loved, but I've always found Enemies epic: the song itself, the graphic fitting the lyrics perfectly... And also, the fact that the video changed, but not the first and the last sequence, with Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks and Brock Lesnar. Why in the hell did they change Enemies with the garbage Born for Greatness? Also, am I the only one whose eyes bleed when I see the white and red Raw's set? Man, the old one, black and red set was perfect.

I know I'm out of time since they did these changes in January, but yesterday I almost cried while listening Enemies again.

"Enemies" is awesome, I loved it. One of my favorites have to be "Burn It To The Ground" for RAW 2011 (which was also Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen movie soundtrack) and "Tonight's The Night" for RAW 2015. If you noticed, the "Black & Blue" Theme Song belonged to SmackDown 2015, but it was from a PPV (forgot what it was). Even the current "Born For Greatness" was from the Payback (2017) PPV.  

• Like 2