The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

HitC was pretty good.  Matches, for the most part were solid, some great storyline progressions, a few crazy spots, not bad at all.

My only gripes would be the non-finish to Brock and Braun, although it does give Braun an out to maybe reclaim his briefcase and I REALLY didn't see Brock making an appearance... which I guess means it's not really a gripe and Miz and Maryse going over again. 

Those two things aside, they did a pretty awesome job with the booking.  Becky winning and calling out Flair for trying to steal her moment again was brilliant, Jeff's ceiling crash was insane, Joe and AJ got a solid reason to continue their amazing feud, tag match was exceptionally long and had a great energy, and finish (way to build Dolph and Drew, thumbs up there), Ronda should be moving on to new opposition soon and she was booked strong but still mortal, everything just clicked really well.

• Like 2

The entire Hell In A Cell PPV was really good except for the Main Event in my opinion. The match was sh*t and the cell didn't add anything to the match, Strowman and Reigns were down for almost half of the match and WWE needs to stop doing stupid bumps for no reason (I'm talking about Ziggler and Rollins). What I really disliked about this match the most is that it was Braun's Strowman cashing in his MITB contract and now they wasted it for no reason. I was happy to see Lesnar back though. One other thing I don't like (and it's more about WWE in general than for Hell In A Cell) is that WWE should give the WWE championship some main events, the ending between Samoa Joe and AJ Styles was way more shocking and the title is more important than the universal championship anyway so just give it the place it deserves on the card.

Despite being disappointed by the main event I really loved the rest of the show. Orton vs Hardy was awesome and probably my favourite Hell In A Cell match of all time (Although I would have loved to see Randy do an RKO when Jeff fell down just to make that ending even more spectacular :P ) and Becky vs Charlotte was really really good too. The show was way better than Summerslam and I didn't expected HiaC to be that good so I'm quite happy, good job WWE :) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 4

Hell in a Cell was surprisingly good and it was definitely one of the better WWE PPVs this year. Becky and Charlotte showed the world what the Women's Revolution should be all about - great storytelling followed by an awesome match. The Raw Tag Team Championship Match was incredible as well.

The timing at the end of Hardy's and Orton's match was a bit off, but I don't blame them. Not every spectacular bump can be executed perfectly and the match itself was great.

As far as the main event's concerned, I certainly didn't expect Brock to show up, but I'm not looking forward to another Lesnar vs Reigns match at all. I'm not saying it's gonna take place anytime soon, though it's probably bound to happen again.

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 4

Hell In A Cell was good. The matches were by far amazing. Was shocked to see Brock Lesnar return and end the show. I would thank Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler for making their names noticeable during the main event. Also a reference to Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose at HIAC 2014 from the kendo stick to the crashing to the tables. Looking forward to where this story heads to next tonight on RAW. 

Looks like there'll be a No DQ match next for Super Show Down. Don't know where this going, but if AJ Styles still retains we might see him solely drop the title to Daniel Bryan if he beats Miz. Also excited for the next chapter of Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. 

• Like 3

Definitely HIAC best PPV of the year.

Even when started for me with a bitter moment having new day retaining the belts. I liked what they did with Drew at the end, that's how you sell a heel after all the noise since he returned to Raw.

And the moment when Becky didn't let Charlotte to steal the spotlight was priceless :)

• Like 4

I guess we now know why Lesnar came back, the saudi paid millions to see him... A waste of money and another way to make this never ending nightmare between Lesnar and Reigns continue. The Biggest Royal Rumble wasn't really good so I guess I'll just skip this "PPV" but what do you think about this event ? Personally I think having 4 PPVs in less than 2 months (Super Show-Down, Evolution, Crown Jewel and Survivor Series) is a bit too much but I wonder how many of these shows will really be relevant and important for the WWE storylines ?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I guess we now know why Lesnar came back, the saudi paid millions to see him... A waste of money and another way to make this never ending nightmare between Lesnar and Reigns continue. The Biggest Royal Rumble wasn't really good so I guess I'll just skip this "PPV" but what do you think about this event ? Personally I think having 4 PPVs in less than 2 months (Super Show-Down, Evolution, Crown Jewel and Survivor Series) is a bit too much but I wonder how many of these shows will really be relevant and important for the WWE storylines ?

I also have no idea what's going on with all these PPVs from outta nowhere are coming from, especially having another PPV being featured in Saudi Arabia in the same year. Two PPVs for October and two for November. I thought Vince McMahon earlier regretted for having 3 PPVs in less a month (WrestleMania 34, Greatest Royal Rumble and Backlash).

• Like 4

On 8/20/2018 at 0:56 PM, skidmarkgn said:

Alright, to everyone hating the Becky angle, lets calm down and think for a minute.  

First, Charlotte winning the title isn't as bad as everyone seems to think.  It wasn't about Charlotte this time it was about Becky, the only way for Becky to turn heel and start what I'm assuming is going to be a healthy push was to have someone to turn on and Charlotte was the perfect women for the job, you guys are proof of that.  You're outraged that she was inserted to the match and got the win.  Guess what... SO WAS BECKY.  This was actual logical booking that's helping Becky way way more than Charlotte.

Gonna be a douche here for a minute and quote myself. 

Back when Charlotte went over at SS everyone was freaking out so I posted this ^^^.  Now that the storyline was paid off I think it's time to give WWE creative the credit they deserve.  The Becky/Charlotte feud has been one of the hottest on TV (along with AJ/Joe which has been stellar and Miz/DB which is pure gold as well) and they (so far) have built and booked it perfectly.  Hopefully they'll either end it now or blow it off after one more match and let Becky have a proper feud with Asuka, who's just begging to burst on the scene and reclaim some former glory.

There's been a lot to complain about recently, especially on RAW, but this one... bravo WWE.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Back when Charlotte went over at SS everyone was freaking out so I posted this ^^^.  Now that the storyline was paid off I think it's time to give WWE creative the credit they deserve.  The Becky/Charlotte feud has been one of the hottest on TV (along with AJ/Joe which has been stellar and Miz/DB which is pure gold as well) and they (so far) have built and booked it perfectly.  Hopefully they'll either end it now or blow it off after one more match and let Becky have a proper feud with Asuka, who's just begging to burst on the scene and reclaim some former glory.

There's been a lot to complain about recently, especially on RAW, but this one... bravo WWE.

Funny how the three feuds you named are all on Smackdown Live, yet WWE keeps calling RAW the "flagship/A" show :P 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Funny how the three feuds you named are all on Smackdown Live, yet WWE keeps calling RAW the "flagship/A" show :P 

Yeah I noticed that when I was typing it.  Thought about pointing out the Dolph-Drew/Seth-Dean feud as well for some balance but Smackdown deserves the nod WAY more than RAW.

• Like 2

The "Champion vs Champion" match Ricochet vs Pete Dunne has to be the best one on one none-PPV match so far this year. I loved every second of it. Also a clever booking for not having any of them lose. If Hell In A Cell main event was something like this, then it would've been much better. 

• Like 3

Wonder if Brie's gonna be spending some time in the doghouse after last night.  I get that the botched kicks could be partly... PARTLY Liv's fault but it was obvious that Brie immediately knew Liv was hurt and still proceeded to drag her by the freakin' neck to her corner.  That was total bush league and she should have known better.

• Like 2

Not even sure if she will, given her status in the company. Worst case scenario is that she might be given a different move set, if not take away the Brie kicks.

Keep in mind, "The Yes Kicks" from Danial Bryan were a part of strong style. At least in the sense of co-operation. Who ever is the one getting these kicks, it is important to do two things: Chin up and Chest out. If done right (and sold right), you give the impression that you being kicked through. The only thing is the one who is giving the kicks must give their opponent time to prepare and protect themselves. Thing is, while Liv Morgan had her chest in and chin down (most likely still selling the kick), Brie speeded up the kicks too early. Compare this to Bryan's kicks, his opponents always looked at him, cuing him for another kick. Brie should've waited a little bit for Liv to give her a cue.

I'm not defending Brie, but shouldn't the ref given the 'X' or is that by a case by case scenario? Usually that means something is wrong, cut to commercial, tag out and continue the match with a different wrestler.

(Liv gets hit in the temple around :13-:14. You may need to reduce speed to X.25 to see it)

^^^ Would quote you but I don't wanna take up too much screen space. 

The kicks aren't what really bothers me, accidents happen (and they happen a LOT when Brie's in the ring), it was Brie's handling of the situation afterwards that bugs me.  She obviously knew something was up, she was talking to Morgan while she was laying on top of her, not in a normal ring communication way, in an "oh shit somethings wrong with this girl I just blasted in the face twice" kind of way.  Having that knowledge she picked Liv up by the NECK!!!  Then drug to her the corner BY HER NECK!!! I very highly doubt Liv told her anything while she was lying on the ground and Brie should know better, when you injure someone's head and/or neck you don't drag them across the ring by their freakin' neck.  Add to that she almost killed herself doing a dive in the same damn match and she stiffed the crap outta Ruby Riot with an elbow to the back of the head... in the same damn match, it's as apparent as could be that she's not ready to be in the ring again.

Hopefully Vince will look over his obvious Bella bias and realize he's got an issue on his hands.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

^^^ Would quote you but I don't wanna take up too much screen space. 

The kicks aren't what really bothers me, accidents happen (and they happen a LOT when Brie's in the ring), it was Brie's handling of the situation afterwards that bugs me.  She obviously knew something was up, she was talking to Morgan while she was laying on top of her, not in a normal ring communication way, in an "oh shit somethings wrong with this girl I just blasted in the face twice" kind of way.  Having that knowledge she picked Liv up by the NECK!!!  Then drug to her the corner BY HER NECK!!! I very highly doubt Liv told her anything while she was lying on the ground and Brie should know better, when you injure someone's head and/or neck you don't drag them across the ring by their freakin' neck.  Add to that she almost killed herself doing a dive in the same damn match and she stiffed the crap outta Ruby Riot with an elbow to the back of the head... in the same damn match, it's as apparent as could be that she's not ready to be in the ring again.

Hopefully Vince will look over his obvious Bella bias and realize he's got an issue on his hands.

I would also add the fact that she dropped Maryse on her neck not long ago ... She definitely needs to train a lot more before wrestling again, she is a danger to herself and to other wrestlers so there is absolutely no excuse to let her compete again until she is ready. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

My goodness, Seattle booing Elias for 6 whole minutes.....talk about drawing heat

Seattle's an underrated crowd as well, especially when our local boy Daniel Bryan comes out.

Edit: I finally got to see the segment (it airs 3 hours after taping here on the West Coast) and the Sonics being stolen from us, twice, is still a very VERY sore subject.  They should have afterwards said it also made as much sense as throwing the ball on the 1 yard line, the crowd probably would have rioted.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

The fact that neither RAW titles will be defended at Super Show Down is just weird. At least the Intercontinental title could be fought for by guys currently like Jinder Mahal, Elias, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor, etc, instead of having it lost in the shuffle. So that makes The Shield better than the titles or what. Then we have Shawn Michaels, looking like he was about to get out of a legendary retirement. Why did he have to cut his trademark hair though, now he just looks strsnger. Money deals and WWE these days, just unbelievable. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

If it weren't for good old Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker, and Kane, Raw would be worse than it already is. Personally, I wanna see HBK back in the ring and hope the rumors of him having up to five dream matches will be true.

Elias and Kevin Owens, while entertaining, suffer from bad writing. They have to deal with Lashley, Lio Rush, and Cena, and probably gonna job to them in Australia, which won't help anybody. Either Elias or Owens should be the Intercontinental Champion, but nope, Seth carries the belt around for no particular reason, as does Shinsuke on Smackdown. Both midcard titles are worthless right now.

A Moment of Bliss was the first buildup for a match at Evolution in a while and they couldn't even put a bit of logic into it. Alexa is 27 years old. She was 7 when she asked Trish for an autograph? Well back in 1998, Trish wasn't in the WWE! I guess she wasn't even thinking about becoming a wrestler at that time.

Bayley is having pointless matches, Sasha isn't doing anything. Now with Asuka & Naomi, we have another team (a very odd one I might add), but there is still no announcement of a possible Tag Team title for the Women.

Thanks to Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda, WWE can keep calling it a Women's Revolution. Otherwise, this would be a Divas Era reloaded with all the short and bad matches week in week out.

I feel sorry for them, for Roode, Gable, The Revival, for Strowman - who once was the hottest thing on the show - and everyone else who has to suffer under the lack of creativity.

Luckily Smackdown is much more interesting and has some decent storylines going on. At least until the Shake up takes place next year and rips the roster apart again. Rusev and Aiden wouldn't stand a chance on Raw. Same goes for Andrade, Zelina, R-Truth, Carmella or Tye Dillinger. Daniel Bryan would take Finn Balor's place as the quiet fan favorite who never gets a push...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

If it weren't for good old Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker, and Kane, Raw would be worse than it already is. Personally, I wanna see HBK back in the ring and hope the rumors of him having up to five dream matches will be true.

Elias and Kevin Owens, while entertaining, suffer from bad writing. They have to deal with Lashley, Lio Rush, and Cena, and probably gonna job to them in Australia, which won't help anybody. Either Elias or Owens should be the Intercontinental Champion, but nope, Seth carries the belt around for no particular reason, as does Shinsuke on Smackdown. Both midcard titles are worthless right now.

A Moment of Bliss was the first buildup for a match at Evolution in a while and they couldn't even put a bit of logic into it. Alexa is 27 years old. She was 7 when she asked Trish for an autograph? Well back in 1998, Trish wasn't in the WWE! I guess she wasn't even thinking about becoming a wrestler at that time.

Bayley is having pointless matches, Sasha isn't doing anything. Now with Asuka & Naomi, we have another team (a very odd one I might add), but there is still no announcement of a possible Tag Team title for the Women.

Thanks to Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda, WWE can keep calling it a Women's Revolution. Otherwise, this would be a Divas Era reloaded with all the short and bad matches week in week out.

I feel sorry for them, for Roode, Gable, The Revival, for Strowman - who once was the hottest thing on the show - and everyone else who has to suffer under the lack of creativity.

Luckily Smackdown is much more interesting and has some decent storylines going on. At least until the Shake up takes place next year and rips the roster apart again. Rusev and Aiden wouldn't stand a chance on Raw. Same goes for Andrade, Zelina, R-Truth, Carmella or Tye Dillinger. Daniel Bryan would take Finn Balor's place as the quiet fan favorite who never gets a push...

There are also rumors of a possible tag team match at Crown Jewel. DX vs Brothers of Destruction. Pretty sure people want to see him face AJ Styles, maybe Dolph Ziggler, etc. 

Elias and Kevin Owens were indeed the best things on RAW this week. Of course they are gonna lose to John Cena (who was hilariously regarded as the worst tag team partner for Bobby Lashley by Corey Graves after the beat up). The IC title is nowhere to be found to be fought for by these guys. You are right about the mid card titles just up in thin air. 

The full build up for the Evolution will begin after Super Show Down so I guess and hope we'll be seeing more women stuff on the show other than just 2 matches. The Moment of Bliss started out weird with the 7 years old autograph story. I also think Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair feud will go on to Evolution. Currently 3 matches on the card. Kairi Sane and Shayna Baszler will be awesome. There are rumors of the Mae Young Classic finals already leaked, being Io Shirai vs Toni Storm. Guess we'll have to find out. 

SmackDown is indeed the show to watch. Maybe making it 3 hours long would up bring the flop that RAW has today. How long will SmackDown 1000's duration be though? I'm afraid next year's shake up will ruin things but I would like to see Finn Bálor go to SmackDown and hopefully get real and better feuds like with Daniel Bryan. 

I'm looking forward to The Miz and Bryan's match this Saturday. If Miz wins then beats AJ Styles or Joe at SD 1000, that would be history making. Miz won his first IC title and became Grand Slam at RAW 1000, won it back from Roman Reigns at RAW 25. Daniel Bryan would then win the title from Miz at WrestleMania 35 and then feud with Finn Bálor from there, etc. 

• Like 3