The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

23 hours ago, rikwebb said:

The first 3 matches that are being advertised for Hell in a Cell are:

Kevin Owens vs Reigns

Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton

Aj Styles vs Samoa Joe

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/08/08/another-match-advertised-hell-cell/

LOL, that's ridiculous. The other matches are fine, but Hell in a Cell is a sort of type of a PPV where The Demon Finn Balor needs to emerge. Especially for a Universal Championship. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ee28max said:

LOL, that's ridiculous. The other matches are fine, but Hell in a Cell is a sort of type of a PPV where The Demon Finn Balor needs to emerge. Especially for a Universal Championship. 

Think you'll only see the demon at any of the "Big 4" PPV's plus  think Vince is still isn't very high on Balor.

Plus you can tell this is the way they are heading with the way the storylines are going.

• Like 1

The card might change (some PPV cards "leaked" months before the PPV were not totally the same during the PPV) so I would not pay too much attention about it. Besides, I don't really see Braun Strowman losing his briefcase.

Concerning Balor, I think it's better for him to not use the demon at all until he manages to become a top star by himself (or until RAW is given to Triple H) because it would be really strange for him to go from fighting Corbin in a meaningless match to a title match against the Universal Champion.

• Like 3

The best thing for Balor would be to switch brands. Maybe he'll be drafted to Smackdown next year to kickstart his career again. Besides, I wanna see a long rivalry between Finn, AJ Styles, Anderson & Gallows, and possibly the Undisputed Era B) .

• Like 4

RAW was terrible. Thanks to Heyman though, there was at least one interesting thing on the show and I have to say this rivalry is finally interesting, too bad it took them 4 f*cking years to reach that point. 

Concerning what happened between Heyman and Reigns on RAW I think WWE is just trying to make us think this was just a plan by Paul Heyman to make Brock beat Reigns last night but I'm not so sure about that. Of course it could be just that but I really think the true plan is having Heyman side with Reigns by the end of Summerslam but we'll have to wait and see.

In the main event we saw the long awaited return of Dean Ambrose so let's see what they are going to do with him. I never liked his wrestling abilities, his character or his look but WWE can change all of that in the near future. His new look is great and I don't kwow if it's me but he definitely looks like a bad guy with this new haircut so hopefully the bookers do the right choice by turning him heel, it could make him interesting again and RAW is really in need of believable heels anyway.

• Like 2

Yeah, Dean Ambrose definitely looked more vicious, absolutely badass, and even more jacked than ever. He would be a great psychopathic heel at some point, but they should wait a little longer until they turn him.

Paul Heyman's acting skills this week and last week during the sit down interview were simply amazing. Man, if the writers only would give the talent opportunities to shine like that instead of having a manager and advocate steal the show every week. :D

I also wanted to mention that Renee Young did very well commentating the action. Why not give her a permanent spot on the announcing team?! I think that would be cool.

• Like 3

Not sure if it's just me, or did Dean Ambrose get better? Everything was alright excluding the hair, I thought he'd return with some type of fade or something. Renee Young's commentary was amazing too, she was absolutely silent during her husband's return though.  

• Like 4

other than major ppvs for WWE, I pretty much watch all njpw now. wwe is just lackluster.

however I'll watch summerslam.im going on a major gamble but Brock walks out of summerslam as champion. my theory he drops it at mania 35. 

unless he beats DC in ufc and Vince is all my champion is better bullcrap lol. 

also summerslam being 7 hours with main being 5 preshow being 2..... why so long. with so many filler matches. 

This SummerSlam has way too many Matches, with some of them being really useless. The point is that now, if I'm not wrong, PPVs will last more than before, and so there must be more Matches. And for WWE it doesn't matter if these Matches are not well built or if we fans don't like them, we must get used to this. Imho, in this SummerSlam I would have cut down Balor vs Corbin, B-Team vs Revival, and maybe also Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak.

By the way, here are my predictions.

Kick Off: Rusev and Lana vs Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega
I like the way they are booking Andrade Cien Almas (I wish I could say the same about Sanity or Authors of Pain...), and it seems WWE really wants to push him, in the future, so he must win. On other hand, it also seems that Rusev is going to break up with Aiden English, so I would mention that Rusev may lose because of him, or maybe lose and after that he snaps and attacks Aiden English, who knows.
Winners: Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega

Kick Off: The B-Team (c) vs The Revival for the Raw Tag Team Championship
This is a bad moment for the Tag Team Divisions, on both brands: yes, on SmackDown we have seen good Matches, but besides the good, short feud with the Team Hell No, The Bludgeon Brothers' reign has been nothing special after all, while on Raw, the Tag Team Division level just can't rise, and stripping the Title off from Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt has not helped... So, what can they do? Maybe giving the Titles to the Team that is, perhaps, the only one good on Raw, The Revival. And please, push the Authors of Pain, in the future.
Winners: The Revival

Kick Off: Cedric Alexander (c) vs Drew Gulak for the Cruiserweight Championship
Alexander is still working well as Cruiserweight Champion, so... Why should he drop the Title?
Winner: Cedric Alexander

Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin
Remember when Balor was Universal Champion? Yes, me neither. Rumors claim that Balor would return as the Demon King, but I really hope he won't, for two reasons: first of all, if I remember well, he has lost the powers of the Demon King during the rivalry with Bray Wyatt last year, and also... Does he REALLY need to "power up" with the Demon Gimmick, to defeat BARON CORBIN? Lol. By the way, a loss to Balor would really kill him, he has already lost to Corbin on Raw and they are now 1-1: he must win the Match (And so the Feud) and then being pushed for one of the two Titles on Raw, he just can't continue being put in random Matches like this one.
Winner: Finn Balor

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
A Match I've been waiting for a long time. It is not a first time ever, of course, but I follow WWE since 2010, when NXT first launched, and I love the story between Miz and Bryan. It has been developed greatly over the years, man, this is an 8 years in the making Match! As far as I'm concerned, this rivalry needs to end at the next PPV, Hell in a Cell, in an Hell in a Cell Match, with Daniel Bryan winning and finally shutting down his fomer NXT Pro. But first, there is this SummerSlam bout: here, I really don't know, because if they want do what I said (Rematch at Hell in a Cell, in an Hell in a Cell Match), there are a lot of things they can do. Miz winning, Bryan asking the Hell in a Cell Rematch and winning, Bryan winning and Miz asking the Rematch, a No Contest end with Paige booking the Rematch... Man, I just don't know, lol. I say the latter option: the Match ends in a draw, and for this reason the Feud continues.
Winner: No Contest

Braun Strowman (c) vs Kevin Owens for the Money in the Bank Contract
This is a really good Feud, built in a good way ever since before Money in the Bank: I just didn't like how Owens has been literally eaten alive by Strowman every week on Raw, but well, this is how Braun Strowman works, lol. Regarding this Match, there is a strong option that the winner of this Match will later cash-in the Money in the Bank Contract, but I wouldn't do that, and I'll say why later, when I'll talk about the Lesnar vs Reigns bout. By the way, I like how there is a little little chance that Owens will win the Money in the Bank Contract and then cash-in, but I don't think this will happen, if someone must cash-in, he's Strowman. The point is that I just don't see Strowman losing his Briefcase, I'd love to see him "cashing-in" not suddenly, but by asking a Match against the Champion weeks before, like Rob Van Dam and John Cena did in 2006 and 2012... And maybe, this Universal Championship Match can happen at Hell in a Cell, against Roman Reigns, in the Hell in a Cell Match! I mean, we are talking about a man who carries ambulance around, he is the last man who needs to cash-in his briefcase suddenly, lol.
Winner: Braun Strowman

The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The New Day for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship
As I had said when I was talking about the Raw Tag Team Championship Match, I'm not liking the SmackDown Tag Team Division: the problem is that there are a lot of good Tag Teams, but they are not able to write good stories about them. I say it again, I LOVED the Feud between The Bludgeon Brothers and Team Hell No, but they couldn't move on and so they did that Tournament. I actually wish Cesaro and Sheamus won, but I'm also ok with The New Day. About this Match, well, if they want to level up the Tag Team Division, maybe The New Day is the best choice, but they could also allow The Bludgeon Brothers to reain their Titles and to continue with this Feud. So, I say that The New Day will win, but only by Disqualification because The Bludgeon Brothers keep attacking them or something. So, Harper and Rowan are still Champions, and the Feud intensifies.
Winners: The New Day

Carmella (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte for the SmackDown Women's Championship
Rumours claimed that R-Truth... Sorry, I mean, that Asuka would have been added to that Match, I wish this happened but it didn't. However, please, Carmella as Champion is so boring, lol. My pick is Becky Lynch, by pinning Charlotte or by pinning Carmella after stealing the win from Charlotte by throwing her out of the Ring, or something like that. And that, after defeating Carmella in the Rematch, rivlary with Charlotte for Hell in a Cell. Yes, I'm a dreamer c:
Winner: Becky Lynch

Alexa Bliss (c) vs Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Championship
As far as I'm concerned, there's only an option, for this Match: Ronda wins by killing Alexa and by breaking her arm, becoming the new Raw Women's Champion. I don't know only if it will be a squash Match lasting a minute or two, with Ronda winning immediately, or if it will last longer, with Ronda still dominating, like Brock Lesnar vs John Cena at SummerSlam 2014.
Winner: Ronda Rousey

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Jeff Hardy for the United States Championship
It's the strange the fact that the United States Championship Match is this one. I mean, Jeff Hardy has already lost the chance of winning back the Title in the Rematch, and there he has been assaulted by Randy Orton every week (Who said Strowman and Owens). I thought Nakamura would have fought Orton at SummerSlam, or at least a Triple Treath Match, but I'm ok with that, this can be a really good Match. The only ending I see is Nakamura retaining, with Jeff either losing because of Randy Orton, or either being attacked by him afterwards, thus continuing the Feud for Hell in a Cell.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Seth Rollins for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose's return has surely shaken things up, but I still see Ziggler retaining. I don't know if Ambrose will actually turn on Rollins, because, let's face that, their rivalry has already being told four and three years ago, but I admit it. When I see Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins together, I always smile.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler

AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe for the WWE Championship
Maybe this is the Match I'm looking forward the most. Styles is Champion since last November and has now surpassed JBL's record of the longest reigning Champion of SmackDown, while Samoa Joe's run on SmackDown has not been so satisfying, so far. I know that rumours claim that Styles will be Champion until WWE 2K19 comes out, but I say that Joe will win: Joe is a really good Wrestler, and one of AJ Styles' greatest rivals, so a loss against him would not bury Styles, at all. And then, he may always regain the Title at Hell in a Cell, but I really want to see Samoa Joe with the Title.
Winner: Samoa Joe

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Romain Reigns for the Universal Championship
This is the last chance for Roman Reigns: he must win that f***ng Universal Championship at SummerSlam, otherwise, he's dead, he may be WWE's greatest failure, and that just because WWE is not brave enough, they push him so much, but then they just can't let him win that Title because they are scared to do that. But, no, wait, WWE's greatest failure is Lex Luger, lol. By the way, Roman must win, and defeat The Beast. I would not allow a Cash-In by either Braun Strowman or Kevin Owens as I've said before, and here is why. First of all, this might be Lesnar's last Match in WWE, and if he must be defeated, it must happens in a clear way, he needs to be defeated cleanly, in an undisputed way, not by a Cash-In like it has happened at WrestleMania 31. And also Roman Reigns: he has been already screwed by the Money in the Bank Contract twice, it can't happen again, for the third time. I don't know if it's worse, for Roman, losing clean to Lesnar or being screwed by the Money in the Bank... And also, how in the hell could they do the same Storyline of WrestleMania, with Roman Reigns criticizing Lesnar for not appearing on Raw, what a stupid way to make us cheer for him. The point is that we fans will never 100% cheer for Roman Reigns, even if he wins, we may be happy, ok… But not because Roman won, but because Lesnar lost! And then we will turn on Roman again: remember when he had defeated Sheamus for the WWE Championship in 2015, the night after TLC? Roman was cheered, but just because Sheamus' reign had been shit, but after that, Roman was still booed during his Title Run. Here it is, it will happen again, and WWE must accept it. But please WWE, don't make Roman lose, not again, don't kill him, be brave and give him this f****g Universal Championship.
Winner: Roman Reigns
Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match - Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak
Winner: Drew Gulak

Cedric has been the Cruiserweight Champion since WrestleMania and while he is in favor to retain his title, I think it would be good to shake things up a little. Give it to Drew Gulak. The guy is ready.

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match - The B-Team vs The Revival
Winners: The B-Team

If there's a Wrestling God (no, not JBL) then Wilder & Dawson walk out of SummerSlam's Kickoff Show with Gold around their waists. But that probably won't happen.

Mixed Tag Team Match - Rusev & Lana vs Andrade "Cien" Almas & Zelina Vega
Winners: Andrade "Cien" Almas & Zelina Vega

Funny, I couldn't stand Andrade when he debuted in NXT in 2016, but now he's currently my favorite wrestler on the main roster. "El Idolo" and Zelina Vega are the perfect match, just like Rusev & Lana once were. Their amazing work started in NXT and they will continue to do great things on Smackdown for sure, if the writers give them the chance. I can only hope that WWE has bigger plans for them after this feud is over.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The Bludgeon Brothers vs The New Day

It's a New Day, yes it is! Since Harper and Rowan got boring rather quickly, something has to change. With new Champs, the division can be great again. The Bar vs The New Day or The Bar vs The Usos were prime examples of how it could be every week. Add The Good Brothers and SAnitY to the mix, and you get wrestling at its finest.

Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor

Not much to say to this one. Corbin making fun of Balor's size is a ridiculous build up. Did Nicholas come up with that silly idea? What's next? Is Hornswoggle showing up to help Finn and teach Baron a lesson that size doesn't matter?!

WWE United States Championship Match - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

Randy Orton clearly overshadowed both Jeff Hardy and Shinsuke Nakamura. The spotlight should be on the US Champion a bit more, yet The Viper simply is too darn good as a heel. Kudos to Hardy as well. He knows exactly how to sell every sick and brutal beatdown from his opponents.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins
Winner: Seth Rollins

With the return of Dean Ambrose, this rematch got way more interesting. He's going to make sure that Drew McIntyre won't be a factor, which should result in Seth winning back the IC title. Maybe Dean will turn right afterwards, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship - Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair
Winner: Carmella

Did the Internet Wrestling Community around the world complain about Charlotte being added to the match or what? According to the majority of fans out there, Charlotte doesn't deserve to be in that spot. She only got there, because she's a Flair. Becky got screwed, yada yada yada. The way I see it, this is still Becky Lynch's story. It always has been her long journey back to the top. She worked so hard, yet she's still in Charlotte's shadow. This has the potential to become one of the best storylines this year. I expect Carmella to be victorious, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte winning the belt and passing it on to Becky at Evolution.

WWE RAW Women's Championship Match - Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

Alexa basically has no chance in hell to defeat Ronda. Sure, it could end in a disqualification or a count out, but it would be a horrible decision to do so and no one wants to see that.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
Winner: The Miz

The match I'm most looking forward to this Sunday. Crazy how that incident at Talking Smack was almost two years ago. Wow, time does fly. What could be better than Mizanin winning their first match of hopefully many, just so he can rub it in Daniel's face for the next few weeks?!

Money in the Bank Contract Match - Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens

The odds are clearly against The Monster Among Men, though it would make no sense at all to give Braun the briefcase at MITB and then take it away from him again. Nah, Strowman will keep the contract and cash it in pretty soon.

WWE Championship Match - AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe
Winner: AJ Styles

Similar to Styles vs Nakamura, the expectations here are pretty high. Samoa Joe and AJ know each other so well and had many great matches together. Can their WWE match be an instant classic? Without a shadow of a doubt. Will it be the case? Let's wait and see. Styles holding onto the title is just a guess more than anything else.

WWE Universal Championship Match - Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
Winner: Brock Lesnar

Hm, really tough to predict. Anything can happen, from Lesnar keeping the belt, to Heyman turning to Reigns, or Roman beating Brock clean, and of course Strowman cashing in. All these possibilities make the match at least worth to watch, which wasn't always the case.

• Like 2

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match - Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak
Winner: Drew Gulak

I don't watch 205 live so I don't really care but Drew Gulak is a great technician and could be a better asset to 205 Live than Cedric is.

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match - The B-Team vs The Revival
Winners: The Revival

Sorry for the pun but I think it's time to revive the Raw tag team division. The B-Team are a comedy team and they can be fun to watch as challenger but now that they won the championships there is no reason to keep the belt on them. The Deleters of World are no more and the RAW tag team division is ridiculously misused so let The Revival finally win the championships, push The Authors of Pain, reform American Alpha and let the fans enjoy good tag team competing in competitive matches and if WWE doesn't know how to book the division, they can ask the NXT bookers :P 

Mixed Tag Team Match - Rusev & Lana vs Andrade "Cien" Almas & Zelina Vega
Winners: Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega

I'm not a fan of Mixed Tag Team Match but this one could be a good one. The build has been solid and both Rusev and Andrade are good competitors. I feel like Aiden English is going to be involved once again to cost Lana and Rusev the match.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The Bludgeon Brothers vs The New Day

It's funny how much I liked The New Day two years ago and now I despise them. They are boring and seeing them playing with pancakes each and every night killed my interest in them. They seem to be continuously pushed though so I don't really think The Bludgeon Brothers are going to retain considering how bad they have been used since they won the belts.

Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor

This match is just a way to say "Finn Balor and Baron Corbin were on the Summerslam card"... So yeah, Finn Balor is going to win to make his fans "happy" and that's it.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship - Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair
Winner: Charlotte

I've always been a Becky Lynch fan I have always been pissed off by the way she has been used but this time she is the center of the story and I feel like this whole story is going to end with Becky winning the belt. But for this match, I think Charlotte is going to pin Carmella which will be a way to add another reign under her belt and piss off Becky Lynch but the end of their rivalry will most likely take place at the women PPV, Revolution.

WWE RAW Women's Championship Match - Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

Alexa Bliss has been the best RAW female wrestler ever since she came to the red brand but it's time to have another woman be the face of the division and Ronda Rousey is easily the best woman next to Alexa Bliss.

WWE United States Championship Match - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

Where is Randy ? He is the center of this feud but he isn't even if the match... Jeff Hardy is going to lose because of Randy Orton in my opinion because there is no reason for Shinsuke to lose his championship so soon.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins
Winner: Dolph Ziggler

I expect this match to be chaotic so whoever leaves with the championship, this match is going to be great. I expect Dean Ambrose to turn on Rollins during the match and cost him the title. I don't want to see the goofy lunatic Dean Ambrose anymore, I want to see a nasty heel and there is no need for WWE to make us wait for that, they should take advantage of the fact that Summerslam is arguably their 2nd biggest PPV of the year and "shock" the WWE Universe.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Finally, one of the best rivalry of the last decade has finally reach its climax ! I predict this match to be the match of the night and I hope WWE is going to give them a good 20 minutes or so to develop this match. I would love The Miz to win but I just don't see it happening. 

Money in the Bank Contract Match - Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens

Why would they build Braun Strowman to win the MITB and be such a destructive monster just to lose his title opportunity agaisnt Kevin Owens ? I would love K.O to win the match but he is the most misused character in WWE right now so I don't see why they would make him win. The only way for Owens to win would be him becoming the destructive heel that he was during is NXT days (remember when he won the NXT championship agaisnt Sami Zayn by knocking him out ? :P )

WWE Championship Match - AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe
Winner: AJ Styles

I really like both of these competitors and I think it's damn time to let Joe have a world title run but Vince seems to be in love with AJ Styles even if it means ruining other wrestlers careers so I expect AJ Styles to retain, and if I had to bet, I would say that he will not lose his title before Wrestlemania.

WWE Universal Championship Match - Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
Winner: Roman Reigns

It's probably the 5th time I'm predicting this so I hope it's going to be the last time. Roman Reigns is going to defeat Brock Lesnar (with or without the help of Heyman, we'll see) to "free" us from the big bad Brock Lesnar ?

Fortunately for the WWE Universe I'm not booking this match because if this was the case, Brock Lesnar would retain the title, defeat whoever tries to cash in on him and keep the belt for a few more months.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Awesome predictions, guys. Mine are similar but I won't be posting the predictions for either SummerSlam or TakeOver Brooklyn 4, which both will be amazing. I haven't been myself and I'm not right now I feel like the world is turning around on me. Even on holiday right now, I think I won't even be continuing playing my games on the backlog or trophy hunting - that will probably be done from October on and pick up where I left off. Will probably get a PS4 too. Right now just dealing with life problems. 

Excited for TakeOver Brooklyn 4 tonight. Wish we could be seeing a triple threat in the main event but still happy about the former #DIY members settle it one on one because it has to be one of the most succussful long term feuds ever. SummerSlam will be fun too I hope.

• Like 2

NXT keeps getting better and better that's crazy. The main event was one of the best match I have ever seen and it showed how NXT can make last minute changes and still deliver an awesome match. I'm sure the bookers of RAW or Smackdown would have ruined the entire thing :P 

Summerslam will NOT be able to be as good as Takeover no matter what but the card isn't entirely bad either so let's hope the bookers moved their ass for once so we can have a great show tonight. 

• Like 2

TakeOver Brooklyn 4 stole the weekend for sure. Every match was spectacular, two title changes, unique endings, can't wait for more. The main roster is well known for turning pure talents into jobbers and of course that is the most effective evidence of why SummerSlam won't be as good. 

The funny thing is how WWE is easily predictable nowadays, especially the main PPVs. I like laughing at those that hand out false rumors, trying to prove how enthusiastic they are about WWE and not notice what's being shoved down their endless throats. Look at the recent ones claiming that Dean Ambrose won't return at SummerSlam. Even the upcoming heel turn could be a big joke, but now it looks unpredictable by judging his new look. All others including Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley at SummerSlam. Maybe that one was taken down at the last minute because of Vince McMahon. 

I have a feeling someone's gonna shake Randy Orton's hand after or during the US Championship match :P 

The most unpredictable match on the SummerSlam card has to be the Universal Championship. I don't know if the results will affect the upbringing of this match. We've seen WWE do this before, like Shinsuke Nakamura's unexpected heel turn at WrestleMania 34, which all thought it would lead to him becoming WWE Champion. Of course, Vince McMahon did a job well done by giving the fans the "dream match" they wanted (5 freaking times consecutively). 

They sometimes flop in long-term feuds. The only successful one I see on the main roster is The Miz/Daniel Bryan. All others like Brock Lesnar/Roman Reigns, were a huge blunder. 

Above all, I have to say about the long-term feuds:

Tommaso Ciampa/Johnny Gargano > Brock Lesnar/Roman Reigns

The John Cena/CM Punk feud was amazing too. 

• Like 2