The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

RAW was good, trying to be as good as what SD1000 might give us. 

Drew McIntyre was highlight of the night. His booking has been amazing. That Claymore kick to Braun Strowman was the best thing I saw so far this week and it's only Tuesday. Hope that feud will tear down anything past it. Dean Ambrose, on the other hand, not lunatic anymore, shows good stuff coming upon him. His movements with The Shield up and down (especially with Seth Rollins) will up bring a future match. He was in the same state with Roman Reigns back in 2014 before the first break up. Seth Rollins was the peacemaker and turned heel a few months later. Roman Reigns looks like the peacemaker now. I think people suddenly forgot he is the Universal Champion. 

Other good stuff happened, great to see Apollo (is it still Crews?). Looking forward to see what they got for him. Also good to see Tamina back. 

Time to tune in Friday night SmackDown ?

Oh, and "The only door you knocked down, was the door to John Cena's bedroom." Ronda Rousey killed it. 

• Like 3

Yep, Drew McIntyre is getting a good push. I was a big fan of The Chosen One gimmick and I'm a big fan of him now. So, it would be great if he could win the big gold at some point.

I also enjoy the story between Kurt Angle and Baron Corbin. Kurt's dance is too funny and overall he reminds me of the Kurt Angle from 2001, thanks to his goofy acting and silly outfits. :D

The way Ronda buried Nikki and Brie on Raw was priceless. The problem still remains though, a Bella is in the main event of the first ever Women's PPV. That is an absolute joke. Especially while talented women like Asuka, Ember Moon, or Peyton Royce will be in a stupid Battle Royal and Sasha, Bayley, Nattie, and The Riott Squad will probably just have meaningless Tag Match, like we don't see enough Six Women Tag Team Matches every week.

Funny thing is, the Women's title is the most important belt on Raw right now, although the writing team is doing such a terrible job with the Women's Division. This Evolution PPV is going to be a bigger flop than December to Dismember and the women aren't even to blame here.

• Like 3

SD1000 was.....Hold on, lets call in a dance break

giphy.gif

(Danial Bryans reaction = My reaction)

Anyway, SD1000 is Fantastic (matchwise).

I enjoyed AJ and Bryan's match against the Usos.

The Evolution bit was intriguing (possible feud?).

New Day vs Shamus and Cesaro was good

Rey mysterio, a wrestler I missed dearly, had a great match with Shinsuke Nakamura

the only weak part was the ending with the undertaker. Felt like he should up and left. otherwise, a solid show.

So for the sake of conversation, What is your favorite moment(s) from SD?

Mine has been Stone cold and Booker T's feud in the supermarket, Rey Mysterio/Eddie Guerrero's feud and The undertaker's mind games (on all of his opponents)

Raw25th had its moments, but I think SD1000 really up their game.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 3

SmackDown 1000 was amazing, despite being only 2 hours. 

I might be wrong, but I can't believe WWE tried to make Becky Lynch get some heel heat by roasting a retired Edge. Other good stuff, such as Rey Mysterio's return and the Batista/Triple H moment. Looks like a feud coming up, also quite reasonable for Batista since he was promised by Triple H in 2014 for the WWE Championship, which I may say he did tap out at WrestleMania 30. 

I thought I'd see Michelle McCool, maybe Taz, Teddy Long. I guess that would've been if it was another hour long. Or maybe I was blind? 

Evolution is coming up, and I think the only explosion is the last woman standing match. Seeing other opportunities, I say I'd like to see a one on one match, something like Bianca Belair vs Nikki Cross inside HIAC. I don't even know how many matches will be on the card, having so many women who'd want to participate. Is it over 50 or just 50? I think I misheard Stephanie McMahon (that dance break moment with the fam at Truth TV was cool too I guess).

Also, The Big Show's another heel turn. Wow, that's a lot for the Giant. 

9 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

SD1000 was.....Hold on, lets call in a dance break

giphy.gif

(Danial Bryans reaction = My reaction)

Anyway, SD1000 is Fantastic (matchwise).

I enjoyed AJ and Bryan's match against the Usos.

The Evolution bit was intriguing (possible feud?).

New Day vs Shamus and Cesaro was good

Rey mysterio, a wrestler I missed dearly, had a great match with Shinsuke Nakamura

the only weak part was the ending with the undertaker. Felt like he should up and left. otherwise, a solid show.

So for the sake of conversation, What is your favorite moment(s) from SD?

Mine has been Stone cold and Booker T's feud in the supermarket, Rey Mysterio/Eddie Guerrero's feud and The undertaker's mind games (on all of his opponents)

Raw25th had its moments, but I think SD1000 really up their game.

I will probably post the videos later. 

My favorite moments on SmackDown, one of them featuring

Randy Orton burning down the Wyatt compound 

Edge spearing Vickie Guerrero

Kane imitating The Rock

The Big Show's collision on AJ Lee, having Daniel Bryan go nuts

Drew McIntyre stripped off the IC title and then fired by Teddy Long

Mark Henry pulling the trucks

Triple H and The Great Khali's arm wrestling challenge

Randy Orton and Mark Henry WHC contract signing 

And many more...

I also remember during Sin Cara's matches were the arena used to be a little darker or with blue light or something. 

• Like 3

Smackdown was awesome, the only part I didn't like was the ending with Undertaker but the entire rest of the show was excellent !

My favourite part of the show was Evolution's reunion (I'm definitely not objective though since Evolution is my favourite faction in WWE history and Randy Orton and Batista are my favourite wrestlers of all time :P ) it was a nice and funny moment with every member spending a little moment enjoying the crowd and the mic but what I loved the most is the tease at the end. Batista as been very vocal about wanting a proper ending to his career and he also said that he would like to end his career agaisnt Triple H at Wrestlemania so I guess it's just a way to subtly prepare the terrain for Batista's last match at Wrestlemania 35 ?

Aside from that I also loved the Cutting Edge. Becky Lynch is beautiful absolutely perfect in the role of the cocky champion that can back it up and she is really showing great improvements on her character. She was already a really good wrestler and the only thing she needed was more TV time and a better booking so now that she as that she can truly show that Charlotte isn't the only awesome female wrestlers on the WWE roster and I sincerely hope that Becky will become one of the face of the Women division in the future.

Concerning my favourite Smackdown moments of all time that's really a hard one since I'm bad at remembering things when I'm asked to but here are a few moments that I enjoyed :

- Batista vs The Great Khali and particularly their Punjabi Prison match for the World Heavyweight Title at No Mercy (2007)

- The Orton vs Christian feud

- Brock Lesnar destroying the hell out of Zack Gowen (At that time, Lesnar was still a full time wrestler and an awesome one too...)

- Mark Henry's Hall Of Pain run as the World Heavyweight Champion

- The old Sheamus with spiky hairs and an awesome series of matches with Daniel Bryan for the WHC. Their match at extreme rules 2012 is probably my favourite 2 out of 3 falls match of all time.

- The Miz and Maryse making fun of total bellas

- Cody Rhodes undashing period

That's all I can think of for now but I've always prefered Smackdown over RAW now that I think of it. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

I enjoyed the opening and R-Truth is one of the most under rated superstars. AJ/Bryan vs the Usos was good. 

The Evolution segment was excellent and Batista vs HHH must become a real thing (sorta how the Rock vs HHH should have become a thing a few years back). Cena selfie promo sucked (not his fault: all the selfie promos except Joe's are trainwrecks). The Rusev match was a disappointment. Edge and Becky were the highlight of the night (give up Vince! The fans love her. JUST GIVE UP!!!) 

New Day and the Bar disappointed me. The match was good, but it is the New Day/Usos all over again (2 teams fighting over and over and over). I mean what happen to Sanity? Where are the tag teams? Shinsuke vs Rey was nice but needed more of a build up.

The Undertaker segment just felt randomly tacked on.

My favorite smackdown moments:

-any Eddie/Chavo Guerrero Lie/Cheat/Steal moments

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

- Mark Henry's Hall Of Pain run as the World Heavyweight Champion

-completely agree

-Brock Lesnar crushing Hulkamania (I'm not a lesnar fan at all btw)

-His Majesty King Booker's royal run

-Cena's promo on AJ and the Miz in 2017

-Kane fanboying Timberlake/Nsync (just hilarious)

While I prefer SmackDown to RAW, I preferred it on Friday nights. It was a great way to ease into my weekends.

Edited by MySenkai
Typo
  • Like 3

WWE is currently holding a poll to know which match the WWE Universe is the most excited for at their Evolution PPV and the results are quite revealing about their so called Main Event ?

1) SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (Last Woman Standing Match) - 45%

2 & 3) Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Alexa Bliss & Mickie James / Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella - 19% each

4) Historic Women’s Battle Royal Match (for a future Women’s Championship Opportunity) - 9%

5) NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler - 7%

I have to admit I find it a little bit sad that their random battle royal is more anticipated than the NXT Women's championship match but on the other hand I find it quite hilarious that their main event is barely the second/third most anticipated match of the night whereas the match for the "B" championship show is far ahead in the results :P 

Is it too much to expect them to make the right decision by making the SD Women's championship the main event of the show ?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

WWE is currently holding a poll to know which match the WWE Universe is the most excited for at their Evolution PPV and the results are quite revealing about their so called Main Event 1f60f.png

1) SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (Last Woman Standing Match) - 45%

2 & 3) Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Alexa Bliss & Mickie James / Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella - 19% each

4) Historic Women’s Battle Royal Match (for a future Women’s Championship Opportunity) - 9%

5) NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler - 7%

I have to admit I find it a little bit sad that their random battle royal is more anticipated than the NXT Women's championship match but on the other hand I find it quite hilarious that their main event is barely the second/third most anticipated match of the night whereas the match for the "B" championship show is far ahead in the results :P 

Is it too much to expect them to make the right decision by making the SD Women's championship the main event of the show ?

I'm sure that whatever choice is more anticipated than the other will not be the chosen one in reality. Look at the recent Super Show Down main event Triple H vs The Undertaker. The Deadman had way more votes that The Game, but HHH ended up winning. Not sure if this has always happened. Another one I remember was Finn Bálor being a fan-chosen factor for Brock Lesnar's next Universal Championship opponent earlier this year. Something to do with him not being over enough or something along those lines. 

I really want the SmackDown Women's Championship to main event the PPV, but you know the poor decisions they make can go hocus pocus around us. I also find it sad how the NXT Women's Championship is on the bottom. It still would if the Mae Young Classic finals was up there too. Could it be that the NXT Women's championship isn't getting much hype or build up like other matches on the card as of late? 

• Like 3

I don't think it means much coming from WWE, I could easily see them not mentionning the country until the show happens and showing once again that they don't care about what people think/want. The fact that they retired ticket from sales could also be just a plan to make us believe that they are thinking about cancelling the show to avoid fans hijacking their shows until the PPV and iirc they gave a lot of free places to fill the stadium for the biggest royal rumble so they could also do that for this show. (They received 45 million $ for this show so even if the entire arena was filled like that they wouldn't lose much)

I'd be happy to be proven wrong but money seems to be more important than their image anyway because if they truly cared about what people think of them they wouldn't have signed a contract with this country to begin with.

• Like 3

Didn't expect that opening. Roman Reigns was battling leukemia for 11 years and now it returns? That usually isn't a good sign :(

(I'm not sure what kind of leukemia he has. Here is a page on the types of leukemia and what it is, but unless he mentions what kind he has, it's hard for me to determine what he should do - X)

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 4

When I watched the opening of Raw, I was absolutely shocked. I heard rumors about Reigns possibly being injured, but this is something no one would've ever expected. Hopefully Roman can beat leukemia one more time and come back stronger than ever. It's gonna be his toughest fight yet, that's for sure.

Looks like Strowman is a good guy again, since they're not gonna turn Drew McIntyre face anytime soon. At Crown Jewel, Braun has the chance of a lifetime to become the new Universal Champion, but who knows…maybe Lesnar wins his title back or Drew gets added to the match to win the belt.

Speaking of turns, Elias as a babyface will be very interesting. He's that cool Razor Ramon type of guy and people clearly wanna cheer for him. Ambrose attacking Rollins after they just won the Tag Team titles though…didn't see that one coming. Not tonight at least.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I mean... I've complained about the guy as much as anyone but still, that sucks.  Best wishes and here's to a quick recovery.

Same. I still dislike him as a wrestler, but I'd never wish something like this on anybody. Yeah I hate how WWE has pounded him down our throats for the past 5 years, but outside WWE, he's a guy with a family that loves him. I hope he gets well. 

• Like 3

Vince: "Goddamnit we have to get Roman over somehow"

Roman "I have cancer" 

Vince "That's genius no one will boo someone with cancer" 

Seriously though that is some shitty shitty news. As someone who has been surrounded with cancer for about 5 years (my childhood friend, my aunt, my boss and one of my best friends...and only one of those 4 survived) I can tell you it is something that affects everyone around the person as well. Keep the Anoa'i family in your thoughts.

He has the right attitude because to beat this thing you need to fight and hopefully he kicks cancer's ass.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Certainly didn't expect this from the opening. I actually noticed how he wasn't defending his title for the past weeks. I hope he spears the hell out of the cancer and comes back strong. Everyone in the locker room showed respect and support. He might comeback cheered more I think. 

RAW was awesome. An Elias face turn should be intriguing. Don't know if he'll keep roasting cities as that's been the highlight of his character and what made RAW entertaining for me. His first feud will go with Corbin I guess. Dean Ambrose gets all off his chest. I didn't expect that either. They are even Tag Team Champions. Seth Rollins becomes dual champion for the second time. 

Finally Braun Strowman has a chance of winning the Universal Championship at Crown Jewel. He is a face again now, wow. That must be the fastest back-to-back kayfabe change in a short period of time. I still have a feeling that Drew McIntyre will get involved somehow. Either way, he now has the closest chance of becoming Universal Champion and have a great feud with the Monster Among Men.

• Like 4

I have to admit I never liked Roman Reigns as a wrestler but when he made this announcement last night I almost cried because I know how hard it can be to have someone announcing to you they are battling with cancer. I wish him the best of luck in his fight against leukemia and hopefully him and his family will be able to overcome this fight.

As far as RAW is concerned, I think they did a fantastic job with some parts of the show. As I said last week, I love the way they are treating McIntyre and I truly hope he'll be inserted into the Universal Championship match (if I remember correctly, the week he came to the main roster I predicted he will be champion before WM 35 and it's looking really possible considering the push he is getting :D ) or at least be the next number one contender ! 

I'm not going to lie about the Ambrose turn but the second I saw how he was acting after they won the belt I knew he was going to turn on Rollins immediately because it was just the perfect night to do it and make him as despicable as possible after Roman Reigns' annoucement. The Shield can't exist with just two members and WWE were smart enough to turn a sad news into a "shocking" moment so I'm really happy about this RAW. It's the best I have seen in a longtime, sure the show had its weak moments but the highs were great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Bliss might not be cleared for Evolution and Cena already said he will not go to Saudi for Crown Jewel, apparently he's not alone but I haven't heard who else is refusing the event.  Tough times for booking.

The other one is Daniel Bryan.

(There are also rumors of Dean Ambrose refusing)

https://wrestlingrumors.net/williammccormick/daniel-bryan-crown-jewel/

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/10/22/john-cena-daniel-bryan-reportedly-refusing-go-saudi-arabia-wwe-crown-jewel/

• Like 2

Well, there goes the rumor of Daniel Bryan winning the WWE Championship at Crown Jewel :P . I wish more wrestlers would speak up and refuse to work there. Vince would have no other choice than to make a clear decision and pick another location for the event, before it's too late. Manchester is a possibility, because Raw and Smackdown will be taped there anyway. 

I know it's never as simple as it sounds, especially when money's ínvolved, but the way he's handling this situation is pathetic. By now Vince is just waiting for things to cool off, until he can mention Saudi Arabia again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

WWE confirmed Crown Jewel is still happening in Saudi Arabia... 

Hopefully more wrestlers decide to not go at the event to screw Vince and the country :P 

They should start a riot ?

We should do the same if the SmackDown Women's Championship (Last Woman Standing Match) at Evolution doesn't get to main event the PPV. 

I don't know where the "Io Shirai vs Toni Storm" for the MYC final was spoiled from the beginning. Been seeing it since about Round 1 of the whole tournament and now it happens to be true. Anyone who knows? 

The two are super amazing in the ring. I watched their matches and they stole every night. I was amazed by Io Shirai vs Rhea Ripley in the semi-finals. Rhea Ripley is one of my favorites, she is a badass heel and I'm so glad she's gonna have her own match in which she'll defend her NXT UK Women's Championship. I am so ready for that match. Toni Storm has also been one my favs since her last year's performance in the MYC, some of her inter-gender matches in the indies, her match against Shayna Baszler earlier this year at that 2-day NXT UK event and her performance in this year's MYC tournament. On the other hand, Io Shirai is good as well. The athleticism is mind-blowing. The backflips, the dives through the ropes, etc. Another Japanese made it to the finals. Asuka's followers are still in the developmental, and I am just afraid they'll fall into her mess. I don't want Kairi Sane to be useless in the main roster. If only NXT was just the third main brand (or at least the so called "C-show" they want to call it but in actual fact it is the A-show amongst all). Also looking forward to that InSane elbow at Evolution, I love that finisher. 

Other MYC competitors showed their best. It was quite embarrassing to see Meiko Satamura lose only against Toni Storm when she's been kicking ass all the way with moves I've never seen. Her best match so far was the one against Mercedes Martinez. Tune in and check it out. You won't regret. Other favorites were Lacey Lane (I saw her matches on the indies such as the one where she faced Lio Rush. Fantastic), Mia Yim (new signee at NXT and already debuted), etc. 

Honestly if more wrestlers refuse to go to Saudi Arabia it would be great lol. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

WWE confirmed Crown Jewel is still happening in Saudi Arabia... 

Hopefully more wrestlers decide to not go at the event to screw Vince and the country :P 

And thus, things will go downhill from here.

So far, John Cena and Daniel Bryan are confirmed of not wanting to go (still need confirmation on Ambrose by the way). I feel Vince, if he ever listens to reason, would change his mind if his golden gooses like Strowman and Styles also refusing to go. That or another big murder news story, but it is very unlikely

In other news, Why is WWE $75 in stock? How the hell do you lose that much money? (aside from the obvious)

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1013765-wwe-stock-down-crown-jewel

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 3

I can't believe WWE is still gonna do this in Saudi Arabia. But then again this is Vince McMahon we're talking about. This whole thing just feels dirty, and I'm happy that the locker-room are speaking out against it. But in the end, what can they really do? Lose their jobs by refusing to go based on moral principals? Sure they'd walk out with their heads held high, but morals don't pay the bills. What wins? Morals or money?

• Like 3