The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Well, I've been seeing the responses to the podcast on a few different wrestling sites. I was hoping this would stop the Punk character assassination, and all the stupid hate over him leaving, but I guess not.

The people who were saying, "Punk is a quitter. Why can't he answer to his fans. Punk never cared about his fans." Are now saying, "Well, Punk is probably lying. The WWE doctors wouldn't do this. He is just whining, and trying to make WWE look bad. Maybe Ryback injured him because he's a vanilla midget."

Some people will never be happy. I'm just glad he finally spoke about it, and told his side of the story. I'd love to hear Vince's response, because him and Punk were close, but I doubt we'll hear that anytime soon.

Hell yeah it is razza, thanks for picking up my slack too :)

So, so far Takeover has Zayn vs. Neville, Balor and Itami vs. The Ascension, The Vaudevillains vs. The Lucha Dragons, Charlotte vs. whats-her-face, and the debut of Kevin Steen.  The 11th is gonna be a good day.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, I want you to give your opinion on this strawpoll. Its based on a friend of mine's arguement on the matter. Just want to see what you all think.

http://strawpoll.me/3140337

I voted yes. Vince doesn't like acknowledging it, but UFC is his competition. Why else would he put UFC under the no compete clause in the superstar's contracts? Dana doesn't seem to like Vince either. He loves taking these big WWE stars and making tons of money off them (Brock, and now Punk).

It's also very obvious the UFC fanbase hates WWE. At least the majority of them love shouting "WWE is fake! Why don't you watch real fighting?" Hell, they didn't respect Lesnar, even when he won their freaking heavyweight championship.

I voted yes. Vince doesn't like acknowledging it, but UFC is his competition. Why else would he put UFC under the no compete clause in the superstar's contracts? Dana doesn't seem to like Vince either. He loves taking these big WWE stars and making tons of money off them (Brock, and now Punk).

It's also very obvious the UFC fanbase hates WWE. At least the majority of them love shouting "WWE is fake! Why don't you watch real fighting?" Hell, they didn't respect Lesnar, even when he won their freaking heavyweight championship.

I followed both the UFC and WWE for lots of years and one thing I learned over that time, the UFC fanbase hates everything, including each other.  The forums and comment sections for most MMA sites are nothing but arguing and trolling.

Stuff like the CM Punk signing are a big part of why I've lost my affection for MMA, specifically the UFC.  Their product is way too watered down with the amount of events they put out per year, the top fighters, especially the champions, seem to be out hurt more often than not title shots are earned by talking instead of fighting and guys like CM Punk, with all due respect, don't belong there.  Brock I can understand.  He was a legit wrestler with a stellar back ground.  Punk has some training in BJJ and Kempo but not enough to compete with the world class athletes that compete in the UFC.  He was obviously brought in as a cash grab and nothing more.  Maybe he'll win a fight or two but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go one and done.  More power to him for living his life his way but, his signing hasn't rekindled my interest in the UFC at all.

I followed both the UFC and WWE for lots of years and one thing I learned over that time, the UFC fanbase hates everything, including each other.  The forums and comment sections for most MMA sites are nothing but arguing and trolling.

Stuff like the CM Punk signing are a big part of why I've lost my affection for MMA, specifically the UFC.  Their product is way too watered down with the amount of events they put out per year, the top fighters, especially the champions, seem to be out hurt more often than not title shots are earned by talking instead of fighting and guys like CM Punk, with all due respect, don't belong there.  Brock I can understand.  He was a legit wrestler with a stellar back ground.  Punk has some training in BJJ and Kempo but not enough to compete with the world class athletes that compete in the UFC.  He was obviously brought in as a cash grab and nothing more.  Maybe he'll win a fight or two but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go one and done.  More power to him for living his life his way but, his signing hasn't rekindled my interest in the UFC at all.

Punk is close to 40 and has tons of injuries. He is going to get his ass kicked in a MMA fight (unless they put him in there with some newbie fighter).

His first fight will draw good ratings/buys but I can't see anyone caring about his second fight.

Punk is close to 40 and has tons of injuries. He is going to get his ass kicked in a MMA fight (unless they put him in there with some newbie fighter).

His first fight will draw good ratings/buys but I can't see anyone caring about his second fight.

Dana White has already gone on record saying he won't be thrown to the wolves like Lesner.  His 1st fight will most likely be against another inexperienced fighter.  I forgot about Punk being 36 years old.  

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/dana-white-says-ufc-wont-throw-the-kitchen-sink-at-cm-punk-right-away

I think this is just another way for Punk to prove Vince, HHH, and the other WWE big wigs wrong. Kind of like he's saying, 'Oh, I'm not a draw? I can't main event Wrestlemania? Well, watch how much money I make for the UFC.'

He's never fought in MMA before. Yet his first fight will probably be one of, if not, the most watched fight of the year. And if he wins his first fight? People will watch his second fight, to see if he loses. People will want to see him fight, and some people will want to watch him get his ass kicked. So, until he loses a fight, people will watch him fight.

This is a smart business move by Dana White. ESPN even covered the signing. Maybe, this will make the WWE realize what type of star they let slip through their fingers. 2011 was the year to make CM Punk the next face of WWE, and they destroyed it because HHH has a massive ego. Now they have to sit back, and deal with it.

• Like 1

I think this is just another way for Punk to prove Vince, HHH, and the other WWE big wigs wrong. Kind of like he's saying, 'Oh, I'm not a draw? I can't main event Wrestlemania? Well, watch how much money I make for the UFC.'

He's never fought in MMA before. Yet his first fight will probably be one of, if not, the most watched fight of the year. And if he wins his first fight? People will watch his second fight, to see if he loses. People will want to see him fight, and some people will want to watch him get his ass kicked. So, until he loses a fight, people will watch him fight.

This is a smart business move by Dana White. ESPN even covered the signing. Maybe, this will make the WWE realize what type of star they let slip through their fingers. 2011 was the year to make CM Punk the next face of WWE, and they destroyed it because HHH has a massive ego. Now they have to sit back, and deal with it.

Great comment - totally agree. The WWE really capitulated with CM Punk; he should've been at the forefront of the company since 2011, not competing for a rival.

"I think this is just another way for Punk to prove Vince, HHH, and the other WWE big wigs wrong. Kind of like he's saying, 'Oh, I'm not a draw? I can't main event Wrestlemania? Well, watch how much money I make for the UFC.' "

^^ I agree with this wholeheartedly. This whole UFC deal is just another shot at Vince and HHH. He's gonna get his ass handed to him so hard in UFC. You may be the best in the world when shit's choreographed, but UFC isn't choreographed.

CM Punk's reaction to above comments saying, "He will get his ass whooped"

large.gif

We will have to wait and see, but personally I can't see how a 36 year old man with a history of injuries and concussions that this man has suffered is going to have an extremely successful UFC career.

I just hope for his sake he manages to win his first fight after all this talk he's managed to create about how bad the WWE was to him. Would be embarrassing for him to get KO'd in his debut fight.  

Vince wants new stars to step up?  He needs to look no further than the goldmine that is NXT.

R-evolution was a masterpiece from beginning to end.  Thinking about seeing one of Finn Balor's big match (aka: painted up) entrances on a WrestleMania stage, not to mention the match that would follow... I can't even think of the words that would describe that.

Honestly, the only complaint I can think of from that show was the botched palm strike from C.J Parker, which apparently split his hand down to the bone.

• Like 1

Be weird to hear that Steen's Nose was Broken on his first NXT match from that palm Strike, also it appears the pop-up Powerbomb will be his Finisher(Obviously weren't gonna let him keep the Package Piledriver, especially after how Vince reacted to Punk doing a Standard 1 on Cena)?

At least he still got to keep his Cannonball splash, and is probably going to be doing the Heel Angle for now.

All in all, it was a nice show(Finally El Generico Gets the Gold).

Edited by DarknessKey92

Vince wants new stars to step up?  He needs to look no further than the goldmine that is NXT.

R-evolution was a masterpiece from beginning to end.  Thinking about seeing one of Finn Balor's big match (aka: painted up) entrances on a WrestleMania stage, not to mention the match that would follow... I can't even think of the words that would describe that.

Honestly, the only complaint I can think of from that show was the botched palm strike from C.J Parker, which apparently split his hand down to the bone.

It seems that CJ Parker indeed did injury his hand off of Owens nose as he just posted a picture of his injury on Twitter 

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE 

Also I absolutely loved the look that Finn Balor debuted on NXT Takeover R Evolution looks intimidated and scary, He is going to be a huge part of WWE future in my opinion :D 

17_NXT_12082014sm_0614b-2689343601.jpg

Edited by razza123-