The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Il 18/7/2012 alle 13:49, fresquinho ha detto:

Sono un fan fanatico della WWE, guardo tutti gli spettacoli ogni settimana, ho tutti i giochi della WWE e gioco molto a WWE'12 e non vedo l'ora di WWE'13, quindi qualcuno è anche un fan della WWE?

Mate change sport,the wrestling is only show it's all fake 

Returned to watching the WWE at the start of the year, think before that last time I watched Ambrose and Sasha were still around so its been awhile. 

After seeing that Roman and Solo will challenge for the tag titles I went off on my own little fantasy booking of having Solo and Roman win the tag titles, then lose the titles to the Usos, Roman blame Solo then Solo beats Roman for undisputed championship. I give it 0% chance of actually happening.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 10:03 PM, Maxximum said:

Can't believe there are still people who go around saying it's "fake" like anything else isn't. 

LMFAOOO these mfs still be saying this HAHAHAHAHA. Bro I feel like I'm talking to someone with mental retardation when I need to keep telling them everyone knows it's a scripted sport 

• Like 4

Really liked Night of Champions. Pretty shocking when you think about it that WWE not only ran 3 Women's matches but it was in Saudi Arabia of all places. Speaking of, as much as we can of course dislike their views of women over there, one positive out of it is the special gear women are now wearing once they got past the first event there with women. Ironically many of these outfits are more "sexy" than their standard and more revealing gear too. Rhea's gear as always was good and fitting, but I especially liked Asuka's gear that helped the evil clown look she has going on to the point that it really should be her standard gear.

• Like 2

It will probably ruffle some feathers in that medieval dusthole of a country that Rhea appears there dressed like a gimp during a S&M session and doing her special way of pinning the other girls, pretty funny thought. Show had some pretty solid matches, even a few surprises, the few wrestlers who don't get booked into the shitter are definitely having a good time right now, and at least there were no serious stinkers like the last times there was an event in SA.

• Like 1

Using fake in this day and age while saying/implying those who enjoy it are stupid only show their own stupidity on the matter. That said, would generally be better if they could tighten up the realness of things a bit. Though at least it ain't a completely lost cause like AEW which is as phony as it gets. Though granted that ain't exactly fair as I love NXT and that isn't exactly the most real of shows itself... but at least nobody is attempting to kill themselves while looking phoney on that show daily.

On 30/05/2023 at 7:28 PM, Dauersack said:

It will probably ruffle some feathers in that medieval dusthole of a country that Rhea appears there dressed like a gimp during a S&M session and doing her special way of pinning the other girls, pretty funny thought. Show had some pretty solid matches, even a few surprises, the few wrestlers who don't get booked into the shitter are definitely having a good time right now, and at least there were no serious stinkers like the last times there was an event in SA.

It is funny that as long as you're covered up then it is fine even if your covered up outfit would be considered by many to be even sexier. The reason for the increase in quality I think is because it is less a Saudi PLE, and more simply a foreign one. The PLEs they've been running outside America (Puerto Rico is sort of in America I know, but it counts here) have all been big hot shows that most people came away liking.

Speaking of hot. Roman Reigns just did monster ratings on Smackdown for his 1000 day celebration. Maybe, just maybe, not having Cody win that match might have been the right move. Having him win at Wrestlemania would have seen this Bloodline collapse happen quickly. By lengthening it out we're getting the story over a longer period (and people are clearly still interested) and we should get a future crescendo where Roman is all alone and finally falls. Though you know... the Samoan family is large. You could bring in a guy like Jacob Fatu to serve as new muscle for Roman, guys for his old muscle to take out in the second Cody match.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Using fake in this day and age while saying/implying those who enjoy it are stupid only show their own stupidity on the matter. That said, would generally be better if they could tighten up the realness of things a bit. Though at least it ain't a completely lost cause like AEW which is as phony as it gets. Though granted that ain't exactly fair as I love NXT and that isn't exactly the most real of shows itself... but at least nobody is attempting to kill themselves while looking phoney on that show daily.

It is funny that as long as you're covered up then it is fine even if your covered up outfit would be considered by many to be even sexier. The reason for the increase in quality I think is because it is less a Saudi PLE, and more simply a foreign one. The PLEs they've been running outside America (Puerto Rico is sort of in America I know, but it counts here) have all been big hot shows that most people came away liking.

Speaking of hot. Roman Reigns just did monster ratings on Smackdown for his 1000 day celebration. Maybe, just maybe, not having Cody win that match might have been the right move. Having him win at Wrestlemania would have seen this Bloodline collapse happen quickly. By lengthening it out we're getting the story over a longer period (and people are clearly still interested) and we should get a future crescendo where Roman is all alone and finally falls. Though you know... the Samoan family is large. You could bring in a guy like Jacob Fatu to serve as new muscle for Roman, guys for his old muscle to take out in the second Cody match.

I honestly find it funny how people always draw the line when it comes to wrestling. For someone who is so much invested in a completely fictional character from their favorite movies/TV shows/series really talks a big game about the so-called "fake" form of entertainment. Hilarious that they'd choose, for the life of them, to ignore all the CGI effects, green screen and even pretend their favorite actors/actresses don't use stunt doubles in some scenes, if not all of them. Kill me now lmao.

So Seth Rollins just had his first open challenge for the WHC. How sooner or later can you bet that the "fans" will start complaining about it? From "We want a fighting champ who defends every week" to "It's getting boring and very predictable since it's a weekly open challenge with no storytelling". As soon as said champ takes a break, "fans" will call him out for being a part-timer. From "please push new stars" to "they're burying other talent" or "pushed star doesn't deserve it." This screams Austin Theory all over. 

This bloodline story is nothing short of absolute cinema. It has so many layers to it and as ambiguous as it is or gets, even better. After that segment on Smackdown, I'd think that one of the other members of the family would finally make an appearance, like Tamina (even backstage if possible), to let The Usos know that they're not alone (since she's the one who debuted with them in 2010) or Rikishi finally steps in as a manager (as Paul Heyman is to Roman and Solo). I saw a couple of memes online about a bloodline civil war. They were awesome. 

I'm sure if Cody had won at mania, it would've been one of the worst decisions ever (sorry to the fans, but I believe it's true). The fans would've easily turned on Cody and... it's up to you how it goes from that point. 

I wonder if they completely forgot about the women's championships being on the wrong brands. Will they make new designs and change their names like they did with the undisputed and WHC?

My apologies for the long post. Been a while since I've done this.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Maxximum said:

I honestly find it funny how people always draw the line when it comes to wrestling. For someone who is so much invested in a completely fictional character from their favorite movies/TV shows/series really talks a big game about the so-called "fake" form of entertainment. Hilarious that they'd choose, for the life of them, to ignore all the CGI effects, green screen and even pretend their favorite actors/actresses don't use stunt doubles in some scenes, if not all of them. Kill me now lmao.

So Seth Rollins just had his first open challenge for the WHC. How sooner or later can you bet that the "fans" will start complaining about it? From "We want a fighting champ who defends every week" to "It's getting boring and very predictable since it's a weekly open challenge with no storytelling". As soon as said champ takes a break, "fans" will call him out for being a part-timer. From "please push new stars" to "they're burying other talent" or "pushed star doesn't deserve it." This screams Austin Theory all over. 

This bloodline story is nothing short of absolute cinema. It has so many layers to it and as ambiguous as it is or gets, even better. After that segment on Smackdown, I'd think that one of the other members of the family would finally make an appearance, like Tamina (even backstage if possible), to let The Usos know that they're not alone (since she's the one who debuted with them in 2010) or Rikishi finally steps in as a manager (as Paul Heyman is to Roman and Solo). I saw a couple of memes online about a bloodline civil war. They were awesome. 

I'm sure if Cody had won at mania, it would've been one of the worst decisions ever (sorry to the fans, but I believe it's true). The fans would've easily turned on Cody and... it's up to you how it goes from that point. 

I wonder if they completely forgot about the women's championships being on the wrong brands. Will they make new designs and change their names like they did with the undisputed and WHC?

My apologies for the long post. Been a while since I've done this.   

The reason it happens when it largely doesn't with that other stuff is because Pro-Wrestling has the reputation of being for stupid poor people. I'd say considering how ethnic WWE's audience is you could also include that, but AEW has a much whiter audience so that muddies that a bit.

Vince McMahon wasn't wrong when he said that such people are simply not worth listening to. The same people have been predicting Cody getting hate by crowds since the start of his return to WWE and look how that has worked out, Cody continues to be heavily over with the people. Such people, especially now that AEW exists which means most of that crowd goes to those shows instead, overestimate their influence. They think because of what happened to Cody in AEW, and he was also booked worse there by the way, that the same will happen to him in WWE. Instead the WWE audience loves Cody and has been behind him all the way even when he got the large setback of his loss to Roman.

You're right. WWE, wrestling in general, has a major issue with babyface champions. They build up the chase and can do a good job there, but once the chase is achieved it is like the story has ended and we're now waiting for the rise of the next heel, so another chase can begin. It is extra disappointing with the WWE because historically they were a babyface company where people didn't become bored with even long reigned babyfaces.

I think Cody has potential to be a great babyface champion, though one that will likely lose the title a few times before winning it back. Money in the Back is going to be a thing so you can always take it from him for a time with that. Dominik Mysterio I'm also thinking should certainly win the title, with Cody being especially good to take it from. Rewards how well he has been doing and should enhance his reactions further considering he'll be able to further brag about being better than his father, and also about being WWE champion. Cody can then quickly take it back from him Bruno Sammartino style where he just beats the hell out of Dominik in a cage match, hand out that punishment everyone wants to see Dominik take.

The title swap business is stupid so I hope they don't do that. If that is the alternative then yeah, just redesign and rename them. Something I'm noticing might be happening is they are making Rhea a Jade like champion where they only get weak competition to crush (unless it is a foreign PLE against a hometown hero), while the more higher up women all challenge for the other title. 

No worries. Long posts are fine.

• Like 1

Sigh. Why didn't they just have Finn Balor beat Edge at Wrestlemania? For someone who's on Raw every week sure as hell needed that victory more than someone who's at the verge of retiring. They are probably gonna job him out to Seth Rollins yet again at MITB aren't they? 

Should Edge have won the WHC instead of Seth? Winning the title he never lost and forced to relinquish to due to then career-ending injury. Edge could have had the title up until SummerSlam, where Seth beats him for it (SummerSlam 2021 rematch) and Edge hangs up his boots at Toronto (in August). 

Looks like Seth is having another open challenge next week on Raw and he's gonna defend the title the very next day on NXT against Bron Breakker. Wait, it doesn't end there. He has Finn at MITB in two weeks too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wtf was that SummerSlam ending

I mean it was definitely unexpected. It didn't make sense for Jimmy to turn on his brother like that, especially after all they've been through. He has always been the "Nobody's bitch" typa guy and literally convinced Jey to leave Roman because of all the abuse, manipulation and gaslighting. But on the flip side of that coin, it kinda made sense because Roman said that when Jimmy got hurt, Jey stepped up and got into the main event scene, leaving Jimmy on the undercard compared to Jey who got more spotlight. Jey is even rated higher (90) than Jimmy (89) in the video game WWE 2K23. Could be a fit of jealousy at this point. Don't know where this leaves Roman and Solo, but Jey vs Jimmy is already in the works as we speak. 

I'm convinced that Finn Balor will never win a world title again. They keep doing him dirty and it's not even close. 

Logan Paul has no right being as good as he is. Hate him all you want but you can't deny his in ring performance. 

It appears that was Ronda Rousey's last match (maybe until further notice). Hope this means Shayna Baszler moves up the women's division card and challenge for Rhea Ripley's world title. Speaking of world titles, Iyo's cash in was the highlight of the night. A little over a year ago before Damage Ctrl was a thing, Iyo, Dakota and many more were at the brink of getting released and some were indeed released. A lot can happen in a year huh. Looking forward to her reign with a possible match against Asuka at Payback. Kairi Sane is rumored to be returning soon too.  

• Like 1

On 06/08/2023 at 9:43 PM, Maxximum said:

Wtf was that SummerSlam ending

I mean it was definitely unexpected. It didn't make sense for Jimmy to turn on his brother like that, especially after all they've been through. He has always been the "Nobody's bitch" typa guy and literally convinced Jey to leave Roman because of all the abuse, manipulation and gaslighting. But on the flip side of that coin, it kinda made sense because Roman said that when Jimmy got hurt, Jey stepped up and got into the main event scene, leaving Jimmy on the undercard compared to Jey who got more spotlight. Jey is even rated higher (90) than Jimmy (89) in the video game WWE 2K23. Could be a fit of jealousy at this point. Don't know where this leaves Roman and Solo, but Jey vs Jimmy is already in the works as we speak. 

I'm convinced that Finn Balor will never win a world title again. They keep doing him dirty and it's not even close. 

Logan Paul has no right being as good as he is. Hate him all you want but you can't deny his in ring performance. 

It appears that was Ronda Rousey's last match (maybe until further notice). Hope this means Shayna Baszler moves up the women's division card and challenge for Rhea Ripley's world title. Speaking of world titles, Iyo's cash in was the highlight of the night. A little over a year ago before Damage Ctrl was a thing, Iyo, Dakota and many more were at the brink of getting released and some were indeed released. A lot can happen in a year huh. Looking forward to her reign with a possible match against Asuka at Payback. Kairi Sane is rumored to be returning soon too.  

It will likely be jealousy yes. Other things that might come up is from what I recall Jey at one point said something to the effect that he doesn't care about being tribal chief, he doesn't care about the Bloodline, he doesn't care about Jimmy being hurt, all he cares about is beating Roman down. So Jimmy risks himself for his brother, who then says (in anger) that he doesn't care about any of that, he just wants to beat Roman up for disrespecting him all those times.

Jey vs Jimmy will likely be the big Smackdown program while Roman is away. As stupid as some might see it for how we got here... I think it is likely best for both guys. Get them attention and make them stand out more, especially for Jimmy as Jey has already had development. Them being twins is a bit problematic granted... but we'll see. Maybe one of them will go back to the face paint or change his look significantly in some way. Weren't they like suit wearing guys when they first came in? Maybe Jimmy goes back to that. Side note... this would be a good time for Jimmy to bring in his wife Naomi to help him cheat against his brother. Establishing that she has been in Jimmy's ear and turning him against Jey, while taking Roman's side would be good. 

In all honesty Finn was incredibly lucky to even win the one he did. I remember being shocked that they put the title on him and the only explanation I could think of was they were able to get Vince to okay it by making the case of 'he is Irish, and you like the Irish Vince, you're Irish American'. Ultimately having Finn win the title would have been nice for giving each member of the Judgement Day something, but it seems that they're possibly splitting Finn off so having him have nothing helps towards that. JD who they're aligning him with was real good in NXT as a solo talent, but not sure on how well he'll be in a group with someone. The whole appeal to me of JD's character is what a weirdo he is, so him actually having friends feels a bit off.

Logan Paul certainly is a real talent and it was good to see him get a much needed win. Considering who is on the upswing and their previous interactions, Wrestlemania might well be LA Knight vs Logan Paul.

The match randomly being MMA rules really did a lot of damage. Both her and Shayna worked hard and no one cared because that just took everyone out of it instantly. Even when played for comedy like when Trick Williams in NXT managed to make a match a boxing fight so he'd have an advantage, wrestling crowds tend to instantly not like seeing non-wrestling.

The cash in itself had two things I liked to it. The 1st was Bayley helping and actually going in first as obviously whoever does is getting booted or whatever. The other was them actually beating up the other competitors so they didn't get involved.

• Like 1

WWE is in a very interesting place, i love that the ones who are doing a great job like L.A knight and Rhea Ripley are getting a good spotlight that it will just get brighter, i think you cant be mad with all the bloodline storyline or wins, since they just took the "hey there is this thing called anime which can be over the top, why not put this on the big dawg?", and well, its been great, prove of that is the mega pop when roman got pinned after a long time. and when they take the title for him (i hope in a wrestlemania main event) it will be something bigger, it can be anyone at this point, because its the list of people who might get a chance with Roman is a long one

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, Don_Chipotle said:

WWE is in a very interesting place, i love that the ones who are doing a great job like L.A knight and Rhea Ripley are getting a good spotlight that it will just get brighter, i think you cant be mad with all the bloodline storyline or wins, since they just took the "hey there is this thing called anime which can be over the top, why not put this on the big dawg?", and well, its been great, prove of that is the mega pop when roman got pinned after a long time. and when they take the title for him (i hope in a wrestlemania main event) it will be something bigger, it can be anyone at this point, because its the list of people who might get a chance with Roman is a long one

I'll give them credit. I thought, like most, that having Cody lose at Wrestlemania was a massive blunder but they've managed to stretch this out successfully. 

On 8/14/2023 at 8:12 PM, HateByDesign716 said:

Just catching up on SummerSlam, what the actual f is with the Rhodes v Lesnar ending?

Essentially the ending seemed to be that Lesnar respects Cody a lot now hence why he gave him a handshake and raised his hand after the match, something completely unlike Brock. The thing is though... okay, Brock is a known arsehole yes, but no reason has ever been given why Brock attacked Cody especially considering Brock's issues with Cody's enemy, Roman.

Though granted... they can still salvage it and perhaps keeping the reason hidden for now is part of the plan. An idea some people have had is Heyman, fearing Cody getting a second match with Roman, paid Lesnar off to deal with Cody. Lesnar may hate Roman yes, but Lesnar is known for being willing to do anything if you pay him enough. The third match having the bit where Lesnar kept trying to convince Cody to let himself be counted out is strange, but makes sense if Lesnar, having come to respect Cody, doesn't actually want to take him out.

All of this can come out when it is time for Cody and Roman to finally go at it again. They then have one of two paths at that point. The first is a JBL like path where he throws away whatever goons he has to show that he can beat Cody all on his own and then gets defeated handily. The second, and much more climatic one, is paranoid Roman getting even more manpower to help him defend the title. Then near the end of Wrestlemania, boom, Lesnar's music hits and he comes out and wipes out all the goons, leaving Roman alone who then gets defeated by Cody.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

All of this can come out when it is time for Cody and Roman to finally go at it again. They then have one of two paths at that point. The first is a JBL like path where he throws away whatever goons he has to show that he can beat Cody all on his own and then gets defeated handily. The second, and much more climatic one, is paranoid Roman getting even more manpower to help him defend the title. Then near the end of Wrestlemania, boom, Lesnar's music hits and he comes out and wipes out all the goons, leaving Roman alone who then gets defeated by Cody.

Not a bad fantasy booking...not bad at all, considering wwe is selling the Dusty Rhodes legacy in every promo and interview they make, so yeah, that could look amazing for that WM promo

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Not a bad fantasy booking...not bad at all, considering wwe is selling the Dusty Rhodes legacy in every promo and interview they make, so yeah, that could look amazing for that WM promo

I've loved the Roman stuff, but it is the Cody stuff afterwards beyond Roman that I'm really interested in because I expect a complete fumble and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Wrestling hasn't done good face champions for ages, but Cody is a different sort of cat and maybe he'll be able to have a hell of a reign. Not that it needs to be long, but something that people can hold up as an all timer reign that wasn't simply a face holding the title for X amount of time to transition it to the next heel.

I personally think there is already a good deal that has been laid down. Roman can get a big time rematch. Lesnar can always pop up in the future. Dominik isn't exactly a credible challenger no, but he has all that heat and people would love to see Cody beat him down Bruno style in a cage match. Heyman could also be a player with him forming a 'Dangerous Alliance' to get revenge on Cody, naturally after trying to convince Cody to take him on as his manager.

• Like 1

They will make the road for Roman to WM 2024 very interesting, i wonder what other wrestlers outside bloodline will join the storyline and/or wrestle against Roman, even if fans are mad, but even loosing to Roman boosts so bad your carreer, and thats great, that reward booking is great, kudos for whoever is doing that. That being said, it will be interesting if Theory will have a match against Roman at a PPV like WM or summer slam, or a regular one.

• Like 1

Gunther vs Gable was match of the night and I hope they run it back at Payback. Celebrating a title match win by count out is crazy but at least he gave Gunther his first singles loss since becoming IC "heavyweight" champion. Payback's card doesn't look that bad (excluding Trish/Becky). The bloodline stuff looks to be out of the picture since Jey's exit, so I guess Seth and Nakamura will main event the PLE. 

Speaking of the bloodline, I think Jimmy Uso from here on out will have a singles run, similar to what Jey had in 2020 when Jimmy was injured. I'm honestly looking forward to see how it goes, see who he'll be feuding with and have PLE matches. I think it will be a good run, which will lead to Jey eventually returning. Now both The Usos will have had singles success independently of each other, and not one-sided like we all thought and assumed was Jimmy's reason for costing Jey the tribal combat match at SummerSlam. I think if Jey does return after Jimmy has had it on his own during his singles run, they can both feud properly and deliver very well.   

Edited by Maxximum
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Maxximum said:

Gunther vs Gable was match of the night and I hope they run it back at Payback. Celebrating a title match win by count out is crazy but at least he gave Gunther his first singles loss since becoming IC "heavyweight" champion. Payback's card doesn't look that bad (excluding Trish/Becky). The bloodline stuff looks to be out of the picture since Jey's exit, so I guess Seth and Nakamura will main event the PLE. 

Speaking of the bloodline, I think Jimmy Uso from here on out will have a singles run, similar to what Jey had in 2020 when Jimmy was injured. I'm honestly looking forward to see how it goes, see who he'll be feuding with and have PLE matches. I think it will be a good run, which will lead to Jey eventually returning. Now both The Usos will have had singles success independently of each other, and not one-sided like we all thought and assumed was Jimmy's reason for costing Jey the tribal combat match at SummerSlam. I think if Jey does return after Jimmy has had it on his own during his singles run, they can both feud properly and deliver very well.   

Gable has been a long term jobber and he just got a win, even if a countout, over invincible champion Gunther. He'll obviously lose the next title match, but all of this is doing a lot of upping his future credibility. He may well have to be thankful that Gable Steveson got rejected so hard at Heatwave, to the point that people were cheering for Corbin which essentially never happens, as that might have made management slot him into the whole Olympic hero role.

Are they really going to keep Jey off TV for a long enough period? They could always make him exclusive to RAW or even NXT in the meantime. Would be smart to give Jimmy a singles run during that period so they can stand out from each other yeah. I think they need to be easily recognisable from each other (I can tell them apart, but I've watched them a lot) so both should have different looking gear.

• Like 1