The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I think NXT will beat AEW. Bringing out the big guns in Cena, Undertaker, Cody etc will have an impact on ratings. I checked out both shows and for the most part enjoyed both of them.

Seems WWE will pass up on Punk as of this point, as several of the dirt sheets seem to think they aren't interested right now (although of course that could change). Punk is a draw, but certainly not at the expense of morale and potential fallout. WWE's business and financials are always strong, but the on-screen product is in the best shape it's been for some time so best to stick with the current plans.  

On 10/8/2023 at 9:36 PM, Rozalia1 said:

What a superstar. So happy that WWE has rolled out the red carpet. With their world class training she is only going to get better and with the talents on the roster for WWE, her competition is going to be the best in the world.

We can see from this that her excellent gear is going to remain, but who is her first opponent/feud going to be?

Anything other than what AEW did with keeping her away from the women higher up the card. I can't even remember her most notable opponent. Kris Statlander maybe?

WWE's current women's roster is utterly stacked with talent, I'd go as far to say it might be the strongest it's ever been so plenty of possibilities to do a program with. She's clearly being presented as a big deal, so I'm thinking Crown Jewel/Survivor Series is a potential date. Gives her time in the Performance Center to get used to the WWE style and can generate hype for the debut.

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Sorry but NXT will never beat AEW in the ratings.

Anyway so apparently there is once again a report going around that Vince is 'out' of creative and that HHH has been 'knighted' by Endeavor to be in full control of creative. As much as I hope to god this is true... I just feel like Vince will do what he always does... try to find some way to force himself and his ridiculous 'vision' back into it at some point again. So I agree with the talent take from said report...

I'll believe it when I see it

I really hope the federal government investigation into Vince leads to some kind of charges against him forcing Endeavor's hand to get rid of him for good.

Not that AEW even has a fail state to it's fans even if it does. If NXT gets more viewers then they'll mention the 'demo'. If even the 'demo' is beaten then they'll mention something else with it all ending with 'well WWE stacked the card so it doesn't count', ignoring that AEW stacked their own card. Speaking of the shows I watched NXT and then looked up AEW and skipped through, and the shows weren't even close.

Ridiculous? NXT is under Vince's vision and HHH's improvements as a booker have come from him being taught a lesson by Vince when he tore down NXT Black and Gold and had it rebuilt as NXT 2.0 (managed by Shawn Michaels enforcing Vince's vision). 205 Live under Vince was a show that was watchable and had characters, with many cruiserweights crediting Vince McMahon for being involved and having incredible insight. When HHH took over he took away the character focus and it became all about 'wrestle good' and interest plummeted as it became boring. NXT Black and Gold, that HHH took over from Dusty (who did great) progressively got more and more lifeless. It was so dull even I was watching Dynamite because as incompetent and stupid as they were, there was at least a pulse (they were also brand new and being fair I wanted to give them a chance). NXT 2.0 meanwhile brought in a whole lot of green talent to the front and actually you know, developed people, most importantly their characters. NXT 2.0 in 1 year found and developed more talent than Black and Gold did in it's entire run (Dusty's NXT doesn't count as Black and Gold). Today the NXT shows are considered to be heavily improved compared to those dark periods with Adam Cole and all that bunch.

I get it though, RAW and Smackdown sucked hard under Vince for a long time. No argument there. However, I think there is enough evidence that it isn't because Vince has a bad vision. The problem was more him being a control freak and there being way too much management in-between himself and the talent. 205 Live he did better because he reportedly had a small team to help him with it. NXT 2.0 meanwhile he didn't even control and instead granted the authority to Shawn Michaels to enforce his vision. People can and will enjoy the wrestling of course. Reportedly Vince himself, who many claim 'hates wrestling' actually does enjoy wrestling matches. However, he knows that the wrestling alone is simply not enough. You need characters, you need a story, to create interest and make it all mean something.

5 minutes ago, Glorious Fury said:

I think NXT will beat AEW. Bringing out the big guns in Cena, Undertaker, Cody etc will have an impact on ratings. I checked out both shows and for the most part enjoyed both of them.

Seems WWE will pass up on Punk as of this point, as several of the dirt sheets seem to think they aren't interested right now (although of course that could change). Punk is a draw, but certainly not at the expense of morale and potential fallout. WWE's business and financials are always strong, but the on-screen product is in the best shape it's been for some time so best to stick with the current plans.  

Anything other than what AEW did with keeping her away from the women higher up the card. I can't even remember her most notable opponent. Kris Statlander maybe?

WWE's current women's roster is utterly stacked with talent, I'd go as far to say it might be the strongest it's ever been so plenty of possibilities to do a program with. She's clearly being presented as a big deal, so I'm thinking Crown Jewel/Survivor Series is a potential date. Gives her time in the Performance Center to get used to the WWE style and can generate hype for the debut.

I certainly hope so. One detail I liked is that WWE even with the stacked card and going head to head, didn't push the women aside. Still had 2 Women's matches and other women across the show. Good showing I felt for Lola Vice on the show whose NXT audience has really taken to.

Another hope. I've given thought to how it would be pretty funny if WWE were to bring him back and then humiliate him every week until he learns some humility... but that would honestly be a lot nicer for Punk than just not bringing him back.

Jade not only was kept away from the women higher up, but she didn't really get given feuds either. As such her most notable opposition would be Brandi Rhodes on the mic and Cody's replacement wife Red Velvet in the ring due to there being an actual feud.

I agree, the amount of talent they have on the main roster and is being developed in NXT is incredible. WWE is I think really trying to build interest and respect for Women's interest so they are a draw. Something I think they have had success with already.

• Like 1

Believe it or not... I'll admit when I'm wrong about something. And I was wrong about this.

Although... I suppose... considering what they did... I suppose this isn't really that much of a surprise.

NXT won.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2023/10/11/23913312/wwe-nxt-aew-dynamite-ratings-oct-10-2023-viewership-tuesday-night-war

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Believe it or not... I'll admit when I'm wrong about something. And I was wrong about this.

Although... I suppose... considering what they did... I suppose this isn't really that much of a surprise.

NXT won.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2023/10/11/23913312/wwe-nxt-aew-dynamite-ratings-oct-10-2023-viewership-tuesday-night-war

Damn by 300k too, quite a significant margin between the two. NXT did a great job of highlighting their current stars/storylines with that added star power, so they could have gained more viewers on the regular from this show who would not have tuned in as often. 

I'm guessing Tony Khan has gone full Tony Montana coke binge by this point. He's already gotten triggered on Twitter by the potential of him losing his extremely coveted 'Booker of the Year' award to Shawn Michaels and pointless Cagematch ratings, lol. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

NXT won.

I wouldn't minimise it. NXT winning on total viewership was largely not in doubt, but the gap in demo tends to be much larger and harder to overcome AEW on and they did it. Reportedly both sides are 'happy with the result', but anyone who says they believe that is either naïve or knows better but doesn't want to admit it. Tony Khan in no way is going to be happy with the result because beyond getting beaten as they did, the numbers don't look good in other ways too, most notably the overrun. Before the show Khan said he secured a 10 minute overrun, him knowing that NXT can have an overrun whenever they want so they often do. AEW went 14 minutes to NXT's 8, meaning they had 6 minutes unopposed. However, the overall number only increased by 50k (NXT's had double that increase) and the demo actually dropped which is unheard of.

11 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

Damn by 300k too, quite a significant margin between the two. NXT did a great job of highlighting their current stars/storylines with that added star power, so they could have gained more viewers on the regular from this show who would not have tuned in as often. 

I'm guessing Tony Khan has gone full Tony Montana coke binge by this point. He's already gotten triggered on Twitter by the potential of him losing his extremely coveted 'Booker of the Year' award to Shawn Michaels and pointless Cagematch ratings, lol. 

Great stuff. The integration they did on the show and have been doing on shows previous has been great. AEW fans naturally are claiming that NXT has been taken over by main roster people to put NXT down, but that ain't accurate. Main roster people are now present on the show and not only helping themselves by working on their own things, but the NXT talent getting to wrestle them and having them around to offer advice is invaluable.

As for Tony, he is still doing it.

And yet AEW fans, while cheering this on, will defend Tony by saying that he is just doing this for engagement and that you know, he ain't a complete fool. Just has no composure whatsoever and lashes out when angry. No point in going after these random people and dropping comments like this, but being 'very online' he can't help himself.

As for Booker of the year... oh dear if he actually loses that. It is increasingly seen as worthless by many (due to the biases it clearly has), but it means the world to Tony (not just him, many on his roster are marks who care so much about Meltzer and his star ratings that they risk paralyzing themselves for them). The people who vote in that thing are so pro-AEW that they even gave him the latest one (should have been Shawn Michaels easily) even though his booking has been horrible. It was so stupid that he won it that even Meltzer was playing defence and saying that who gets the award isn't up to him and he doesn't agree with it. As such Khan losing that award would mean that even the diehard faithful are losing faith in him, and how does he react to that?

Not that he likely has much to fear honestly. I checked out Bryan Alvarez's coverage of the two shows and it pretty much sums it up. Every match according to him and that crowd that AEW did was awesome. NXT? The match that got the most credit was... the pub rules match. The match that the NXT audience had the least interest in because it doesn't matter how much furniture Gallus might break if the people simply aren't interested in them. Roxanne's match was okay. Ilya was alright. Bron vs Melo was pretty good I suppose. The difference in how they see and speak about these things is staggering and completely out of touch.

3 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

That must be the biggest beating Tony has ever had without being scared for his life. 😆 300k and that's without the Bucks on the show, if they were on the number would probably be 500k.

Some people have noticed that. Tony Khan needs all his big stars on the show and yet the Bucks aren't present. Crafty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Where is the discussion about how bad a wrestler Reigns actually is? Or your favourite match of the latest PPV? 🤣

Disagree, since his title reign he's had many many 4* matches, often having the best match of the night, of course those have slowed down recently but he knows how to put on a banger.

• Like 1

Just now, willmill97 said:

Disagree, since his title reign he's had many many 4* matches, often having the best match of the night, of course those have slowed down recently but he knows how to put on a banger.

The guy has zero charisma whatsoever and knows about 4 moves. At least Cena and The Rock had character to go with theirs. So many excellent technical wrestlers come and go while they push the useless ones. Stopped watching it years ago for this reason.

37 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

The guy has zero charisma whatsoever and knows about 4 moves. At least Cena and The Rock had character to go with theirs. So many excellent technical wrestlers come and go while they push the useless ones. Stopped watching it years ago for this reason.

Well technical wrestlers usually lack charisma, so they're just good wrestlers but you won't captivate casual fans with your technicality alone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Well technical wrestlers usually lack charisma, so they're just good wrestlers but you won't captivate casual fans with your technicality alone.

See I would definitely agree and that is the reason most don't get there BUT Reigns as an example has neither yet here we are.

I mean Lesnar is also no charisma but Paul would sort that out and add in the 'genuinely hard man' element and winning formula created.

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

If you stopped watching it years ago then yes you would think Reigns is bad, because he did nothing of worth until 2020. Nearly every single title defence since 2020 has been stellar. McIntyre, Cesaro, Bryan, Rhodes, Edge, Cena, Zayn, just to name a few.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

If you stopped watching it years ago then yes you would think Reigns is bad, because he did nothing of worth until 2020. Nearly every single title defence since 2020 has been stellar. McIntyre, Cesaro, Bryan, Rhodes, Edge, Cena, Zayn, just to name a few.

Disclaimer: I watch Raw and Smackdown because it's available on regular television. I don't watch PPV-Events. Of the big events, I only saw Clash at the Castle, because that one was available on TV.

From this perspective, Roman is a boring champion. I almost never see him defend his title, because it's PPV. I barely see him wrestle at all. When I started to watch wrestling again after decades - I dunno, last I watched Triple H's szie was half of villain's-final stage-size and still had that british nobleman hair - Roman already was champion. It became clear very quickly he wasn't going to give up the title/one of the titles. So, he sat on two belts he wasn't going to lose... ever. Not, say, lose-and-win-back. Not even triple threat for two falls to split the titles.

I don't know why people enjoy his title(s) reign, but maybe his fans enjoy the Bloodline stories? I usually skip most of the storyline stuff, I mostly want to see matches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Only on a gaming forum is there a wrestling thread where the discussion is everything but the wrestling. It is all about ratings and nonsense (very American). 

Where is the discussion about how bad a wrestler Reigns actually is? Or your favourite match of the latest PPV? 🤣

I suppose I'll be the one to tell you. Wrestling fans are actually well known for being overly concerned with ratings in general. This being a gaming forum has nothing to do with it. In fact, ratings talk is actually rare on here and usually it is talk about the wrestling/wrestlers. It is getting talked about because if you like it or not, it is a big deal at the moment. Something not helped by the kid over at AEW.

Who just keeps going and making himself look more and more pathetic. Oh dear if NXT actually beats AEW next week too... I would imagine that doesn't happen as AEW has a much higher demo which is what they'll always fall back on even if beaten on total viewers... but if does...

5 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

3 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

See I would definitely agree and that is the reason most don't get there BUT Reigns as an example has neither yet here we are.

I mean Lesnar is also no charisma but Paul would sort that out and add in the 'genuinely hard man' element and winning formula created.

Oh dear. Some real ignorance on display, but I will try and educate. Don't take offense now, just learn.

People like yourself will bemoan these small technical wrestlers not getting a fair shot due to their size and then go after bigger wrestlers in the same exact way. Lesson number 1 of Pro-Wrestling for you. The actual wrestling is the least important aspect for a pro-wrestler. Your vocal and physical charisma are much stronger components as they can get people into you even if you absolutely suck at wrestling (plus your opponent who can wrestle can carry you). Look at MJF in that 2 on 1 handicap match he had to do for an easy example. He didn't need to risk his life on a move to get people invested. He had them popping on him landing a basic body slam and then on a dropkick. That is real ability, not doing whatever stupid nonsense Fenix or whoever does. As MJF, Big Show, and others have remarked on these things. It isn't that they can't do the moves, they can, but they simply don't need to.

The claim that Lesnar has no charisma is wrong. Is he the best mic worker (though much better than given credit for, especially today)? No. However, what Lesnar has a lot of is physical charisma. His look, his facials, his aura, how he moves around, what he does and how he does it. It could be said physical charisma is more valuable than vocal, as someone can always talk for you while giving you a few lines, but they can't do the physical charisma part for you.

As for Roman, anyone who says what you're saying just shoots their credibility to pieces instantly. If you don't like him, fine, but don't say such foolish things. Roman doesn't need to be doing 450 twisting shooting star moonsault because he is the top guy in the industry and with a look, not even a move, a look, he can get more reaction out of the crowd than those guys risking paralysation. He also does have a character, not that you seem aware, which is of the controlling and increasingly insecure Tribal Chief. This character has been a big part as to why WWE has gotten hot again and is doing such big business. Him not constantly being around defending, like the champions back in the day, means that when he does show up it is a bigger deal, which is reflected in the fact that Roman is a proven draw. Him also not constantly being around means he isn't beating babyfaces every week and just inflicting misery on everyone, as we've seen with other guys with long heel runs. 

1 hour ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Disclaimer: I watch Raw and Smackdown because it's available on regular television. I don't watch PPV-Events. Of the big events, I only saw Clash at the Castle, because that one was available on TV.

From this perspective, Roman is a boring champion. I almost never see him defend his title, because it's PPV. I barely see him wrestle at all. When I started to watch wrestling again after decades - I dunno, last I watched Triple H's szie was half of villain's-final stage-size and still had that british nobleman hair - Roman already was champion. It became clear very quickly he wasn't going to give up the title/one of the titles. So, he sat on two belts he wasn't going to lose... ever. Not, say, lose-and-win-back. Not even triple threat for two falls to split the titles.

I don't know why people enjoy his title(s) reign, but maybe his fans enjoy the Bloodline stories? I usually skip most of the storyline stuff, I mostly want to see matches.

You got it at the end. Yes, the character work and storylines is why people enjoy Roman and the Bloodline. You're missing a vital aspect of Pro-Wrestling if you're skipping the reasons why they're having matches, but if that is your taste then that is what it is.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

People like yourself will bemoan these small technical wrestlers not getting a fair shot due to their size and then go after bigger wrestlers in the same exact way. Lesson number 1 of Pro-Wrestling for you. The actual wrestling is the least important aspect for a pro-wrestler. Your vocal and physical charisma are much stronger components as they can get people into you even if you absolutely suck at wrestling (plus your opponent who can wrestle can carry you). Look at MJF in that 2 on 1 handicap match he had to do for an easy example. He didn't need to risk his life on a move to get people invested. He had them popping on him landing a basic body slam and then on a dropkick. That is real ability, not doing whatever stupid nonsense Fenix or whoever does. As MJF, Big Show, and others have remarked on these things. It isn't that they can't do the moves, they can, but they simply don't need to.

The claim that Lesnar has no charisma is wrong. Is he the best mic worker (though much better than given credit for, especially today)? No. However, what Lesnar has a lot of is physical charisma. His look, his facials, his aura, how he moves around, what he does and how he does it. It could be said physical charisma is more valuable than vocal, as someone can always talk for you while giving you a few lines, but they can't do the physical charisma part for you.

As for Roman, anyone who says what you're saying just shoots their credibility to pieces instantly. If you don't like him, fine, but don't say such foolish things. Roman doesn't need to be doing 450 twisting shooting star moonsault because he is the top guy in the industry and with a look, not even a move, a look, he can get more reaction out of the crowd than those guys risking paralysation. He also does have a character, not that you seem aware, which is of the controlling and increasingly insecure Tribal Chief. This character has been a big part as to why WWE has gotten hot again and is doing such big business. Him not constantly being around defending, like the champions back in the day, means that when he does show up it is a bigger deal, which is reflected in the fact that Roman is a proven draw. Him also not constantly being around means he isn't beating babyfaces every week and just inflicting misery on everyone, as we've seen with other guys with long heel runs. 

I mean you have him as your picture so I wouldn't expect a balanced view. I have watched wrestling for 30 years barring the last few where it came apart at the seams.

I will state again that I understand the technical elements are not the biggest factor as they never have been or guys like The Rock, Cena, Austin etc would have had no careers BUT they all had charisma, great on the mic etc. Reigns has none of that. His mic work is abysmal, his wrestling is worse and the whole tribal chief thing has dragged on now for so long. I might actually get back into it if they come up with some form of new idea rather than rinse and repeat.

Thanks for your lesson that taught me nothing, much appreciated.

The ignorance is hilarious. Acting like NXT wouldn't have pulled more than 900k if Roman was announced on the show. I remember fans complaining about Cena only having 5 moves of dooms or so, in the exact same sequence and now he's being portrayed as the guy who hasn't ever had flaws in his career. Not only did he prove them wrong with a surprising moveset during his run in 2015, but continues to do what he does that justifies him as the one of the greatest ever. 

Yes, I have to admit that Roman hasn't had as many appearances as before, especially like during the early stages of his reign. The 2020-21 period where he had his gold glove was better than the current period, but even with his rare appearances, he always leaves a mark by delivering main event bangers or segments. If he had to defend the title every week without any storyline or build up then everyone would call him out for not only being boring and predictable, but being in possession of what people call the golden shovel. 

I feel like Tony Khan needs to chill out a bit, his obsession with WWE is unhealthy. I watch both products and both are special in their own way. The competitive stuff is fine but too much of it is killing the entertainment. It's become personal lately and idk what to make of it anymore.      

Edited by Maxximum
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maxximum said:

I feel like Tony Khan needs to chill out a bit, his obsession with WWE is unhealthy. I watch both products and both are special in their own way. The competitive stuff is fine but too much of it is killing the entertainment. It's become personal lately and idk what to make of it anymore.      

I like both brands, they have their ups and downs, but i think if TK really wants to do something different he should try to contact WWE and try by all means to do some kind of cross over everyone with their contracts being 100% solid and fine with their brands, and show fans that in the end you can swallow pride or words and do history, it doesnt matter the wrestlers or the result in the end, but you need to be focused that in the end the "enemies" angle being a real thing is not good for nobody

Considering AEW has links with NJPW , having the cross over between NOAH and NJPW, i consider they should go for that way, but its just from a fan point of view, there are many points and arguments to say why this will never happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxximum said:

100% agree.

Sadly, Wrestling has always had this bizarre tribalism attached to it. I want all companies to do well as the fans benefit and it makes a more prosperous environment to those involved in the industry. TK acts so poorly as he has nobody to tell him otherwise, sadly. Giving me big Bischoff WCW vibes right now trying way too hard antagonise the WWE, and we all know how that turned out. 

Also that Cena run from 2015-2017 was great. Thought he did wonders for the US title and his match at the Royal Rumble with Lesnar/Rollins might be my favorite triple threat of all time.  

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I mean you have him as your picture so I wouldn't expect a balanced view. I have watched wrestling for 30 years barring the last few where it came apart at the seams.

I will state again that I understand the technical elements are not the biggest factor as they never have been or guys like The Rock, Cena, Austin etc would have had no careers BUT they all had charisma, great on the mic etc. Reigns has none of that. His mic work is abysmal, his wrestling is worse and the whole tribal chief thing has dragged on now for so long. I might actually get back into it if they come up with some form of new idea rather than rinse and repeat.

Thanks for your lesson that taught me nothing, much appreciated.

Abysmal... and yet him merely cutting a promo is a draw. His wrestling is apparently worse and yet he has people engaged in his matches even though they're so often now slow paced affairs where 30% of the match is him looking at people and mouthing off.

It taught you nothing because you think you know everything already and don't want to learn. I mentioned the MJF example to show you that 'good wrestling' is essentially how much you can get out of doing as little as possible, not how much you can do for increasingly less. 

2 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

I like both brands, they have their ups and downs, but i think if TK really wants to do something different he should try to contact WWE and try by all means to do some kind of cross over everyone with their contracts being 100% solid and fine with their brands, and show fans that in the end you can swallow pride or words and do history, it doesnt matter the wrestlers or the result in the end, but you need to be focused that in the end the "enemies" angle being a real thing is not good for nobody

Considering AEW has links with NJPW , having the cross over between NOAH and NJPW, i consider they should go for that way, but its just from a fan point of view, there are many points and arguments to say why this will never happen.

WWE ain't going to do for business reasons because #1 ignores #2, but on Tony Khan's part it is straight up hate.

Keep in mind that these 'WWE avatar accounts' that he refers to are people that he alleges are WWE bots (who else could hate AEW?) set up by WWE. So he is saying here that it is personal with WWE and he hates WWE from the bottom of his heart and with all of his soul.

The contract tampering matter is nonsense that he has no leg to stand on. Jeff Hardy straight up let it slip that Khan did contract tampering with him. Others suspiciously have been brought in with creative plans in place right after their WWE contracts expired. If what Tony Khan says is something he could take WWE to task on then it would be easy to just take them to court, especially considering how much he hates them, but he doesn't because he knows that it'd end badly.

As for the hospital issue. Assuming it is true, it certainly is not something you want to have to deal with while your close relative is in hospital with a serious issue... but Tony Khan had no issues going after NXT Black and Gold people as HHH was in hospital with his heart issue. Now imagine if HHH went on the internet and admonished Tony Khan for doing that and what AEW and their fan's response would have been. Instead HHH brushed it off as not being personal and now looks like he'll be the boss of WWE going forward as Vince's grip is looser than it has ever been.

3 day now it's been and he still hasn't calmed down from losing on Tuesday. Look, I get it, that was the most important day of Tony's life. To Shawn Michaels, the real booker of the year, though? It was just Tuesday. He isn't as important to HHH, HBK, and certainly not VKM as he thinks he is.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 5:14 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

Sorry but NXT will never beat AEW in the ratings.

Lol

Anyway, I doubt Endeavor will be putting Vince back in creative considering Ari is basically sucking Hunter's dick and letting him do whatever he pleases.

tl;dr: the belief is that he's been practically knighted

• Like 1

So yesterday we got the show off between Roman and La Knight, i was thinking they were giving some other kind of gold to LA knight before going with Roman, i consider this is a very interesting rivalry, even when Roman wins and adds knight to the count, its great the chemistry this two guys are showing and the support from Cena from far its making things look very good and i like it, would be surprised if La knight is defeated by intervention of the rocks daughter Ava

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 5:44 AM, Valzentia said:

Anyway, I doubt Endeavor will be putting Vince back in creative considering Ari is basically sucking Hunter's dick and letting him do whatever he pleases.

We've been seeing good things from HHH so I'm feeling positive. Unlike some others I've been wary of HHH due to NXT Black and Gold, but I think he has learnt a valuable lesson from Vince there and Shawn I'm sure has been a big help in that too.

On 10/14/2023 at 4:26 PM, Don_Chipotle said:

So yesterday we got the show off between Roman and La Knight, i was thinking they were giving some other kind of gold to LA knight before going with Roman, i consider this is a very interesting rivalry, even when Roman wins and adds knight to the count, its great the chemistry this two guys are showing and the support from Cena from far its making things look very good and i like it, would be surprised if La knight is defeated by intervention of the rocks daughter Ava

It was either going to be LA Knight or John Cena, and I'm glad they've gone with Knight (Cena is part time and we've seen it twice already). Not just anybody gets a PLE match with Roman and this, even if he is losing, will further elevate LA Knight as a guy to invest in.

Something to take note of is that Logan Paul called out Rey Mysterio for the US Title after his boxing match (I'm sure WWE loved him saying Pro-Wrestling is his passion, and Boxing a hobby). Logan Paul and LA Knight have interacted previously. As such there likely are good odds that LA Knight will get a match with Logan Paul for the US title. That will be a massive match and it'll do good for the US title to be involved.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Valzentia said:

Lol

I hope this is true. I really do. Because there's no chance in hell (hahaimsofunny) that he would let FREAKING NICK ALDIS be SmackDown GM (or maybe even for them to go back to GM's in general)

Say what you want about Meltzer (and I get it I do) but he is stating that this is 'for now'. Which I believe. So we'll see how long it lasts this time. I'm guessing toxic demented senile out-of-touch old man (Vince) will attempt to force himself back in, again, around WrestleMania season. Or sooner. Seems to change every week anymore.

• Like 1

NXT predictably dropped in the ratings, but maintained itself in the 800K range which is a heck of a win. Reminder that before Shawn Michaels took over NXT Black and Gold was in the 500K range and only dropping. Solid booking for a long stretch of time has been rewarded with the average steadily climbing. First to the 700K range and now maybe we might be in the 800K range full time (been a month and half).

The show itself was a good and positive one. A lesser booker might have tried to carry on from last week and did as Black and Gold did near it's end where big matches were booked show after show to total apathy from the audience. Instead NXT carried on as it always does and featured what was very much a Woman's show with 4 Women's matches and numerous promo segments for them too.

Not only is all this leading to the developing of top female talent, but it has also been training the audience to care about Women's wrestling also which is very important. Out of the new talents Jaida Parker impressed me with her look and that small promo before her match was nice. With that we have yet another Jade...

Stable: Generation of Jade

Jade Cargil

Cora Jade

Jaida Parker

It'd be the ultimate 'Vince is gone' team because everyone knows how much he hates people having the same name.

Arianna Grace is technically not new as she was around last year before getting injured, but I'm seeing good things. Like her father she reacts well and has comedic timing.

Edited by Rozalia1

Another woman focused show, and another great rating, once again beating AEW in total viewers (how could AEW compete. NXT brought in all those green women). AEW meanwhile had as usual the one women's match and from what was said, one of the worst women's matches they've ever had. Out of interest I looked it up and... it looks like Ruby Soho has just given up. Turns out that being in 'prison' would have been better for her... how about that. On a fun note, it means the show with 'The Man' Becky Lynch beat a show with Ric Flair of 'To be the man you gotta beat the man' fame. Nice to see that after all his shots at Vince McMahon for having those sexual charges levied against him, that Tony Khan won't let that get in the way of bringing in a man with sexual charges levied against him.

Anyway, it was a show of surprises to me in those title changes. The Becky Lynch title change was surprising to me but made more sense when I thought about it. Lyra Valkyria is Irish like Becky and this might well be the only chance for Becky to put her over. Commendable. Chase U beating the Mafia with the help of their problem student is quite the sentence. Side note. I'm not a fan of them calling them 'The Family'. It really should be 'The D'Angelo Family'.

• Like 1