The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Looks like a good list to me.

WWE Men: Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, LA Knight

NXT Men: Carmelo Hayes, Tony D'Angelo, Ilja Dragunov

WWE Tag Team: Pretty Deadly (Injured recentlyish, but still the best tag team on there)

NXT Tag Team: Creed Brothers (Easily my favourite tag team in the business today)

WWE Women: Rhea Ripley, Bayley, Sonya Deville (injured recentlyish)

NXT Women: Tiffany Stratton, Cora Jade, Kiana James

Not going to list AEW people as I watch it rarely these days. My favourites are quite obvious though.

totally forgot Melo. But his title run hasnt been interesting. 

47 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

totally forgot Melo. But his title run hasnt been interesting. 

They're not committing to either face or heel at the moment, which can work but is much harder. I know the obvious big moment they could do would be Trick Williams betraying him... but I don't think I'd want that. Him and Trick being friends has worked great for me.

Speaking of Trick. His floor is certainly lower than Carmelo... but the ceiling is higher. The fact they're developing Trick as a singles right now is great stuff as the potential for him is massive.

19 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

here come the releases. Vince is a sack of crap. He's old tho. tick tick.

i expect Kross, Riddick Moss, Scarlet, the Hit Row goofs all to be released. Tegan Nox too. 

Yep, just seen this myself. Always sad but was expected with the Endeavour business merger. 

Looks like Ali, Emma and Boogs are the first names known. 

Edited by Glorious Fury

53 minutes ago, Glorious Fury said:

Yep, just seen this myself. Always sad but was expected with the Endeavour business merger. 

Looks like Ali, Emma and Boogs are the first names known. 

most are trash tho. Dashwood is good but ii unno.

Expecting to see Shit Row, Kross, Scarlet, go.

Yet they brought back the fat stack of pancakes Nia Jax. 🥞 

• Haha 2

Nothing too shocking (so far) apart from maybe Dolph Ziggler as thought he was a WWE lifer. I think he was in the top 10-20% of main roster earners, so not too surprised as he's used very little now and being 43 so coming towards the latter stages of his in-ring career. 

Always been a fan of Ziggler (no shocks as HBK is my all time favorite, and he's clearly strongly influenced by Shawn and Curt Hennig) and hated how he was booked in WWE. No doubt a success with many title reigns and earning a shit ton of money with the company, but never had a good World Title (I guess a little unlucky in 2013 with injury ending that reign short) run like he deserved. 

Edited by Glorious Fury

Dolph Ziggler, Elias, Top Dolla and WWE Stars Released from Contracts After Merger | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

So yeah, there are fired wrestlers again, many of them people who had trouble developing or evolving in the company, hope the best for everyone and they take the better choice for them.

Elias its amazing its gone after so good moments and promos, but i can understand his double persona gimmick didnt work well, the "hype" with the grave was not good

I find the people remaining out of groups who have lost members to be interesting. The rest of Hit Row is apparently remaining. Yulisa Leon's tag partner is remaining. Why wasn't Cedric cut if Shelton was? Ziggler I think wasn't a firing/budget cut and more that he had already quit WWE anyway and this was just them confirming as such. 

Many of the people cut certainly had potential. If I had to pick one that I'm most sad to see go it would be Elias. He was endlessly beat, but the crowds always cared. 

20 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I find the people remaining out of groups who have lost members to be interesting. The rest of Hit Row is apparently remaining. Yulisa Leon's tag partner is remaining. Why wasn't Cedric cut if Shelton was? Ziggler I think wasn't a firing/budget cut and more that he had already quit WWE anyway and this was just them confirming as such. 

Many of the people cut certainly had potential. If I had to pick one that I'm most sad to see go it would be Elias. He was endlessly beat, but the crowds always cared. 

Cedric is younger. He's only 34. Benji is 45 or something. 

Most of these guys and girls were trash anyway or never going to go anywhere. Ziggler had an interview where he said he feels he made it because doesnt matter if he opens the show, is in the midcard ic title match, or temporarily needed as a main eventer. even if he wasnt going to win, people wouldnt argue his position.

I expect more releases to come thankfully. Time to trim this overbloated roster of crap. Get rid of Otis, get rid of those stupid morons in nxt Chase U, get rid of the hippo Nia Jax before she injures someone else.

Get rid of Karrion Kross and Scarlet.

The list goes on and on. There are at least 25-50 people they could let go and no one would question it 

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Cedric is younger. He's only 34. Benji is 45 or something. 

Most of these guys and girls were trash anyway or never going to go anywhere. Ziggler had an interview where he said he feels he made it because doesnt matter if he opens the show, is in the midcard ic title match, or temporarily needed as a main eventer. even if he wasnt going to win, people wouldnt argue his position.

I expect more releases to come thankfully. Time to trim this overbloated roster of crap. Get rid of Otis, get rid of those stupid morons in nxt Chase U, get rid of the hippo Nia Jax before she injures someone else.

Get rid of Karrion Kross and Scarlet.

The list goes on and on. There are at least 25-50 people they could let go and no one would question it 

Well yeah, but if they're cutting guys who they feel are a waste and aren't going to make it then he fits the part.

Andre Chase can go in the ring (incredible that he wrestles in that gear) and managed to get a gimmick over that should have been death. Duke Hudson has the size, the looks, and commits himself to things. Thea Hail (if still counted as Chase U) is incredibly young and also committed.

You're likely correct that there may be more in the future, and those ones might actually be shocking. McIntyre for example is one that has looked like he'll possibly be leaving. Riddle is another as he has had his own issues and the company WWE just merged with don't like him.

12 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Well yeah, but if they're cutting guys who they feel are a waste and aren't going to make it then he fits the part.

Andre Chase can go in the ring (incredible that he wrestles in that gear) and managed to get a gimmick over that should have been death. Duke Hudson has the size, the looks, and commits himself to things. Thea Hail (if still counted as Chase U) is incredibly young and also committed.

You're likely correct that there may be more in the future, and those ones might actually be shocking. McIntyre for example is one that has looked like he'll possibly be leaving. Riddle is another as he has had his own issues and the company WWE just merged with don't like him.

Ziggler can go in the ring, so can Dashwood, so can Alexander. But they have no draw power.

I would get rid of McIntyre - overrated,  Kross - overrated, the rest of hit row, all of Chase U, Lizzo, and quite a few more. For a "shock" I'd get rid of Orton. Injury prone. The list goes on. I'd even get rid of Roman because his "health" is a liability. 

like i said when all said and done i hope to see at least 50 superstars, not backstage crew, Superstars, gone.

EDIT: Junkie Riddle is gone! Probably because hes a drama queen loser who acts like things happened that didnt. Dude has so many issues. But this Probably is simply due to Endeavor and UFC hating the sack of shit. Hope his career is over but unfortunately someone will probably sign the loser.

Edited by Infected Elite

On 9/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Predictable.

---

What wonderful news to see. What a gorgeous, smart, and powerful woman. She got what she could out of that AEW mud show and wisely upgraded to the big league, which actually has a women's division because it wants one rather than because they see it as an obligation they have to suffer.

I'm certain she will quickly gain success even if many WWE fans might not know who she is. When a woman has that look, that body, that attitude, people take notice. She is also one of Cody's people and will have his support no doubt. If they wanted her on the main roster straight away... Bobby Lashley's group has said they're looking to take over... they're 3 guys... Judgement Day is 3 guys + 1 gal. Alternatively could come in and beat Becky for the NXT Woman's title.

Something to notice with WWE is that we're really getting a lot of bigger women and it is excellent. It ain't no different for the women than it is the men, people take notice if you have more size. It can benefit things in ring too as many women are so short they can't even hit the ropes correctly (why they don't hit the ropes like Rey does? Too difficult? Not enough upper body strength?).

Speaking of Cody people, I hope they're not locked down with long term contracts because they need to get out of there. Ricky Starks if he gets any chance it'll just be to 'look good in defeat' and his moment never comes, same deal with Hobbs. Wardlow they seem to have no idea what to do with. MJF they've at least made champion, but it would be such a shame to have such a great talent restricted to a small time outfit like AEW, and Miz won't be around forever and will have to pass on his spot to someone within the company at some point.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:28 PM, Glorious Fury said:

Nothing too shocking (so far) apart from maybe Dolph Ziggler as thought he was a WWE lifer. I think he was in the top 10-20% of main roster earners, so not too surprised as he's used very little now and being 43 so coming towards the latter stages of his in-ring career. 

Always been a fan of Ziggler (no shocks as HBK is my all time favorite, and he's clearly strongly influenced by Shawn and Curt Hennig) and hated how he was booked in WWE. No doubt a success with many title reigns and earning a shit ton of money with the company, but never had a good World Title (I guess a little unlucky in 2013 with injury ending that reign short) run like he deserved. 

The only thing I remember about Dolph Ziggler was him losing all the time. That guy lost so much and so frequently it killed any interest in him from a fan's stand point. The only thing you thought when his music hit was, "Who's he jobbing to tonight?"

NXT No Mercy was a great show. Nice touch on the videogame themed intro video.

It was certainly a surprise to see Bron beaten by Baron. All in all, this reinvention of Baron is what they need to do on the main roster. Baron is certainly a good heel as unlike many who can't help 'be cool', Baron is very good at not getting cheered when he is a heel. He, like Miz, is a gatekeeper heel they would stick new guys with to test them for a reason. If you can't get cheered against the likes of Miz/Baron then there were obviously some issues with you. That said, Baron has been around forever and people have started to simply not want to see him at all. Having him going forward as a face is the right move. Heck, they could even slot him in as a filler challenger for Roman if they wanted. Remind everyone that he was the last man to defeat Roman in singles action and put attention on the lethality of the End of Days which in Corbin's career has been kicked out a grand total of once.

Ilja Dragunov is a good choice for a champion, but he is also the most natural person to defeat Gunther so... ummm. Granted, no reason he can't defeat Gunther as NXT champion.

Trick Williams being champion is incredible. Man was just a manager not that long ago. He has improved and his potential is massive.

Meta Four is one of those groups that come off as strange because... do any of the members actually have any hope beyond NXT? Noam Dar can do comedy and can go. So maybe he might last based off that. Mensah doesn't seem like he'd be anything but a body. Jakara Jackson is a complete ??? Lash Legend last time she was seen in the ring was not exactly good, though she does have a certain attitude to her and has that oh so important size (bigger than Dar, and it is fun to have her be the one dragging him around and lifting him up).

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Take note that 4/6 matches were Women's matches (equal to a month of Dynamite) and we get this great number. Meanwhile the so called booker of the year only does 1 Woman's match a show that he is essentially forced to as he clearly believes that Women drive off viewers. Shockingly, it turns out that if you prime your audience to take Women seriously and not as the time to have a 'piss break' as they call it, people pay more attention to the women. Just look at Jade in AEW who did great numbers. Why? Because with that look people took notice and knew, even if it was likely a squash, this is a superstar they're looking at. Take notice.

Next week NXT and AEW will be head to head as AEW has been moved to Tuesday. They're running that Tuesday as a special event and will be doing Adam Copeland's first match. NXT in response is bringing in a whole lot of star power, which the usual suspects online are decrying. AEW can make their show a special event and have a massive debut and not a word, but if NXT does anything than it is some great evil.

Asuka being brought is interesting because ordinarily the stipulation would imply that she'll be losing which would be a big deal. Oddly the fans at NXT seem to have randomly turned on Roxanne... the prodigy stuff? To be fair, saying you're the best like that does tend to be a heel thing. Maybe that eventually got to people.

Cody Rhodes I think would be on the show regardless of what is happening anyway, if what he'll be announcing will be the Dusty Classic.

John Cena in the corner of Carmelo and Paul Heyman in the corner of Bron is very interesting. Many assumed in the past that Melo would be a top heel and Bron a top face... but maybe not. Bron certainly fits really well as a Paul Heyman guy in all aspects. Paul Heyman as a manager is all about top talents and while Roman is obviously the absolute top force in pro-wrestling, Bron is a guy many see as the future top guy, so it is natural that Heyman would want to get him on side. Cena with Melo? I think is natural too. Even as a heel Melo has always been about challenging himself and overcoming odds. Granted, they could well use this to make him a heel again with him disrespecting Cena in some way post match.

EDIT: It was 50-50 on AEW doing a better rating so I didn't commit to it one way or another, but the news just came out that they did 800K. Naturally there are excuses being deployed for all this. Meltzer has stated there was a listing issue and it cost them 12%/100K viewers. Convenient that such a number is what they'd need to beat NXT. Always an excuse.

Now I know that ratings can vary quit a bit due to a great many factors, but if they're getting beaten this week (was a special episode too) than how are they going to not get beat next week? I suppose something to actually ask is... can NXT do a million? I certainly hope so, more people need to find out about the best wrestling show.

Edited by Rozalia1

*sighs*

I really hope WWE doesn't let Toxic Punk come back. I get it... I do... believe it or not... they want to make AEW look bad and bringing him back and letting him say whatever the hell he wants (within reason) as long as he makes AEW look bad is exactly what WWE wants. But if they honestly think he'll act any differently than he did when he was in AEW... they are truly fooling themselves.

So they'll only have themselves to blame when he does his BS all over again.

But whatever I guess. Morons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

*sighs*

I really hope WWE doesn't let Toxic Punk come back. I get it... I do... believe it or not... they want to make AEW look bad and bringing him back and letting him say whatever the hell he wants (within reason) as long as he makes AEW look bad is exactly what WWE wants. But if they honestly think he'll act any differently than he did when he was in AEW... they are truly fooling themselves.

So they'll only have themselves to blame when he does his BS all over again.

But whatever I guess. Morons.

I'm hoping it is all just the Punk camp putting out nonsense and trying to will it into existence. The Seth hint thing meanwhile being just Seth trolling (he has done it before). WWE has already made AEW look bad with Cody and they no doubt intend to do it with Jade too. They don't need Punk for that, though it would of course serve that purpose. Essentially look at it this way. Punk in WWE lasted 10 years or whatever it was. As toxic as he is, WWE's management is no joke. AEW meanwhile had him for... 2 years? And half that time he was missing so it was really a year. If they bring Punk back and he then doesn't cause major trouble, and that is not unlikely, then it'll embarrass AEW as it will show that WWE management is ran by people who get given respect, even by malcontents like Punk, while AEW's management is a joke no one respects.

Hopefully the will to punish Punk beats out the will to punish AEW. After all, they don't need Punk to have AEW crumble further, that is happening regardless.

What a superstar. So happy that WWE has rolled out the red carpet. With their world class training she is only going to get better and with the talents on the roster for WWE, her competition is going to be the best in the world.

We can see from this that her excellent gear is going to remain, but who is her first opponent/feud going to be? What about her music? The AEW music wasn't bad, but we could certainly have a vocal track about her. Maybe something along the lines of:

Also... I don't see why she can't be a face even with all that. We're in enlightened times. Women want to be her, men want to be with her. That is a classic element of a good babyface no?

I think they did a great job with her signing, there is no one with her profile at WWE, and thats not a bad thing, its great that they give the fans, even if its one big new wrestler, but at least its something new and there are many possible rivalries, and i hope she gets better in the ring with every training she does

• Like 1

I saw that Tony Khan was trending and knew straight away it had to be for something like this. He has been tweeting so much that I've seen many question if the man has even slept in the run up to today. Others that he clearly is on more drugs than usual. Remember though, WWE who largely pretends that AEW doesn't exist are the toxic ones, not the company out there openly fanning toxicity. What Tony Khan fails to understand is that however much all this might tickle himself, his friends, and his fanatics, is that this doesn't look good to normal people.

Anyway. He has announced that like NXT the first 30 minutes will be commercial free. On top of that AEW will be getting a 10 minute overrun (to inflate the rating) and will also... get a preshow. It'll be 'Mad Mark' Eddie Kingston against a Japanese pensioner (yes, I know, a legend, but to any normal person it just doesn't look right).

Hopefully NXT just crushes them, but we'll see. Whatever happens though, WWE is getting more people to tune in who'll be seeing Carmelo (29) vs Bron (25), a match up between two extremely talented young men who look like they'll be future legends. AEW meanwhile? The main match will be Adam Copeland who is 50! in 20 days against the 38 old going nowhere never-was Luchasaurus.

Sorry but NXT will never beat AEW in the ratings.

Anyway so apparently there is once again a report going around that Vince is 'out' of creative and that HHH has been 'knighted' by Endeavor to be in full control of creative. As much as I hope to god this is true... I just feel like Vince will do what he always does... try to find some way to force himself and his ridiculous 'vision' back into it at some point again. So I agree with the talent take from said report...

I'll believe it when I see it

I really hope the federal government investigation into Vince leads to some kind of charges against him forcing Endeavor's hand to get rid of him for good.