The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

20230404_193619.jpg

Speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, RT_THE_KING_05 said:

Can not believe how Bayley and the rest of Damage CTRL are being treated they are all amazing wrestlers and they can not even get a win for some bloody reason and Dakota Kai always takes the pin. I can not believe Bayley was cut from RAW she should of been on it. So weird what is going on with Bayley and the whole women's division. 

All 3 are so good. Dakota is so underrated too. She's really talented. I'd split them all and keep them at the top of the card. Pair Dakota back with Raquel because lets be real here, Raquel was only worth watching as Dakota's partner/backup. Her smiley no speaking gimmick on SD with a new partner every week is dumb.

Bayley is better than Becky, 

Io is better than Bianca

Dakota is better than Bianca and Becky.

Rhea is the only one who SHOULD be a champion. Why is old part time past their prime Trish/Lita winning matches at Mania? god damn.

Bayley also threatened to walk out and honestly hope she does and takes Dakota and Io. I know people rant about Mercedes walking out and being difficult but honestly she probably saw all of this coming before anybody else so kudos to her for taking a stand.

• Like 1

The amount of talent wanting to leave and the amount of hate Vince is getting, i think the general consensus is many people hope he dies soon. Its quite funny to me, as much as i hate Punk (post WWE), he's right, the company would be better after Vince is dead. So many wrestling new sites getting replies of people hoping hes dead, casket memes, and so on. He's 79 in august.

Now you have Vickie Guerrero taking her new husbands side in a SA on her and Eddie's daughter. Pretty sure if Eddie were around he would be taking his daughters side. Poor kid. 

Vickie supports sexual assault,

Vince supports sexual assault 

Dana supports physically beating a woman.

Who next?

20 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Whats worse, is this basically confirms, nobody cares that Vince paid women hush money for affairs and probably forced sex because he's back in power now. What kind of example does that make? It's okay to abuse women? He's a fuckin sack of shit. 

This sadly goes beyond pro wrestling. Rich and powerful people who don't abide by the same laws as everybody else, or can buy their way out of trouble and bypass the consequences of their actions while everybody else is punished by the fullest extent of the law.

Kind of makes you wish The Punisher was an actual person...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Fucking hell you guys are miserable. How do you enjoy anything?

People are deflated, as they finally thought Roman's reign was coming to an end, although reports suggest that he was going to win at Mania weeks before the event. The majority of his wins have been because of outside interference, either because of the Usos and now he has Solo. Hell, I really enjoy Solo, too, since he gives off that Umaga vibe and has adapted pretty damn well, thus far, to the main roster, despite not doing a whole lot in NXT before being called up. If Solo had inadvertently hit Roman with the Samoan Spike and caused Cody to win, which would have caused more cracks in the Bloodline, that would be a better continuation of the storyline than what we got. We already see the Usos getting thrown to the curb after they lost the tag titles, from RAW on Monday.

The second night of Wrestlemania was a bit of a downer, overall, aside from one or two matches (the IC match was great). As someone said earlier, Asuka should've won and helped give her character some needed momentum, as Belair is stale and is basically entering that Super Cena-like status of just dominating the rest of the women's division (I do like her, though, but she needs a change or something). They recycled the stupid Miz segment from the first night for the second night, when they could have did a segment/match with Lashley and LA Knight instead. The female tag showcase was just utter shit, too, even moreso with the finish that happened. If Ronda Lousey isn't cleared to actually compete, keep her away from actually competing, and don't make her actually make someone submit for the win. Then, on RAW the next night, Racquel and Liv win a match for the #1 Contender to the tag titles, even after losing the night before?

Also, that RAW was just downright horrible, from most perspectives. I do like that Lashley seems to be going into a program with Bronson Reed, as I think they should put on a decent match or two. It looks like Theory is getting a legend killer gimmick right now, which is recycled, and it might lead to a match down the line against Orton, assuming he can come back to wrestle. I like Riddle and am glad he's back, but why have him come out to the Miz? Wasn't it Solo that gave him his kayfabe injury, so why not have him be Rhodes partner in the tag team match? There was also the Seth Rollins segment that was nothing at all, which had Vince's stink all over it. In fact, a lot of the stuff on RAW had Vince's stink all over it. I'm not saying that HHH's booking is perfect, as it's far from perfect, but it was definitely a breath of fresh air compared to Vince's booking in the past few years.

Edited by Akimitsu782
  • Like 2

https://wrestletalk.com/news/law-firm-investigating-wwe-transaction-endeavor/

let the fun begin...

Also Endeavor is aware fans want Vince fired or at the very least removed from all creative and not at events.

Lets see what happens. Amazing how one of the better built Mania cards in awhile, came crumbling to ashes in the span of 1 night. Night 1 aside from Damage CTRL losing, was a great event. Also Rhea and Charlotte had best match at Mania, way better than Usos vs KO/Zayn.

Then night 2 had all of Vince's grubby hands on it.

Also now seeing rumor that Bray was supposed to show up night 2, and didn't. Because Vince axed it. He also axed an LA Knight segment and a Bobby Lashley match. Wouldn't doubt he changed the winner of Balor vs Edge as well as Asuka vs Bianca (possibly why Asuka is raging on twitter after being built up by H). 

I hope a mass exodus happens. Even top talent arent happy now, and i expect that means Seth, Cody, Asuka, Ronda, and a few others. Vince doesnt seem to see anything in the womens tag titles, and Ronda was pushing for a program. So i bet Vince will axe that team.

Vince needs to go. Fans need to cancel tickets, no show events. Empty arenas. But sadly, majority of fans being catered to now are stupid impressionable kids who don't actually understand what is happening and just go "Roman reigns, Cena, omg Matt Riddle. Dey da bestest dey are dad". Which is sad. 

Even Meltzer who think whatever of, has said if people thought raw was bad, its going to get much worse if Vince stays.

Hopefully FTR did sign with AEW, no need to go back to WWE if Vince is in charge again. They'll be waxing each other next....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

People are deflated, as they finally thought Roman's reign was coming to an end, although reports suggest that he was going to win at Mania weeks before the event. The majority of his wins have been because of outside interference, either because of the Usos and now he has Solo. Hell, I really enjoy Solo, too, since he gives off that Umaga vibe and has adapted pretty damn well, thus far, to the main roster, despite not doing a whole lot in NXT before being called up. If Solo had inadvertently hit Roman with the Samoan Spike and caused Cody to win, which would have caused more cracks in the Bloodline, that would be a better continuation of the storyline than what we got. We already see the Usos getting thrown to the curb after they lost the tag titles, from RAW on Monday.

The second night of Wrestlemania was a bit of a downer, overall, aside from one or two matches (the IC match was great). As someone said earlier, Asuka should've won and helped give her character some needed momentum, as Belair is stale and is basically entering that Super Cena-like status of just dominating the rest of the women's division (I do like her, though, but she needs a change or something). They recycled the stupid Miz segment from the first night for the second night, when they could have did a segment/match with Lashley and LA Knight instead. The female tag showcase was just utter shit, too, even moreso with the finish that happened. If Ronda Lousey isn't cleared to actually compete, keep her away from actually competing, and don't make her actually make someone submit for the win. Then, on RAW the next night, Racquel and Liv win a match for the #1 Contender to the tag titles, even after losing the night before?

Also, that RAW was just downright horrible, from most perspectives. I do like that Lashley seems to be going into a program with Bronson Reed, as I think they should put on a decent match or two. It looks like Theory is getting a legend killer gimmick right now, which is recycled, and it might lead to a match down the line against Orton, assuming he can come back to wrestle. I like Riddle and am glad he's back, but why have him come out to the Miz? Wasn't it Solo that gave him his kayfabe injury, so why not have him be Rhodes partner in the tag team match? There was also the Seth Rollins segment that was nothing at all, which had Vince's stink all over it. In fact, a lot of the stuff on RAW had Vince's stink all over it. I'm not saying that HHH's booking is perfect, as it's far from perfect, but it was definitely a breath of fresh air compared to Vince's booking in the past few years.

Just comes across "My guy didn't win so I'm going to cry about it and fuck WWE it's the worst thing ever." It was literally one of the best Wrestlemanias of all time, with two arguably three five star matches and only one complete dud out of 15 or 16 matches (the women's tag showcase). Even the main event was an amazing match bar the very end, and OK I'd have preferred a clean victory either way but it doesn't automatically make the previous 8 hours of wrestling shite and people should die for it.

I realise by making this post I'm being hypocritical since by definition I'm part of it, but I absolutely despise the IWC. Biggest bunch of entitled pricks in any 'fandom'. In fact, calling them fans is a stretch because they just exist to hate something. Even if every match finished with the exact result they wanted, there'd still be a load of stuff wrong with it. Yet here we are, and those of us who legitimately really enjoy the product (not all the time of course, but times like this when it's genuinely great) are made to somehow feel wrong for enjoying it.

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Just comes across "My guy didn't win so I'm going to cry about it and fuck WWE it's the worst thing ever." It was literally one of the best Wrestlemanias of all time, with two arguably three five star matches and only one complete dud out of 15 or 16 matches (the women's tag showcase). Even the main event was an amazing match bar the very end, and OK I'd have preferred a clean victory either way but it doesn't automatically make the previous 8 hours of wrestling shite and people should die for it.

I realise by making this post I'm being hypocritical since by definition I'm part of it, but I absolutely despise the IWC. Biggest bunch of entitled pricks in any 'fandom'. In fact, calling them fans is a stretch because they just exist to hate something. Even if every match finished with the exact result they wanted, there'd still be a load of stuff wrong with it. Yet here we are, and those of us who legitimately really enjoy the product (not all the time of course, but times like this when it's genuinely great) are made to somehow feel wrong for enjoying it.

I do agree that a large majority of the IWC are horrible and I typically wait to see how things unfold. Hell, I only recently got into wrestling again like 2-3 years ago, after being away from it for a good 15 or so years. I admit I felt deflated after Rhodes lost at Mania, but reading some different takes after the event made me curious to see what would happen. For example, outside of the injury, Rhodes' return has been pretty invincible in reaching the main event. He went undefeated since he returned to WWE, winning every singles match on TV/PPV and in dark matches/house shows. So, all of that winning probably led everyone to believe he would finally win at Mania and secure the belts, but he was dealt his first actual loss since returning. I will admit that the whole thing with Lesnar on RAW was completely off the wall, as I feel like Brock was just inserted into the storyline (likely by Vince), but hopefully, Cody isn't too hurt by this feud.

Of course, he was white hot going into Mania, as was Sami Zayn going into EC, although I think a lot of people had a big feeling that Sami wasn't going to win there. However, despite that loss at EC, Sami finally had his happy ending at Mania, alongside KO.

I do agree that the two biggest downs of Wrestlemania, as far as official matches go, were the women's showcase and Brock/Omos. The rest of the matches went from good to great, with the majority of Night One being pretty damn great.

Edited by Akimitsu782
  • Like 1

A bad tasting main event spoils the whole meal when it comes to the big shows.

If we're talking the commonly thought of IWC of AEW/Indy/Japan marks who hate on everything WWE no matter what then yeah sure, as Vince himself said about them, they aren't worth listening to as fair criticism as they are so absurdly biased and hateful. However, I'm usually against those people and I'm not liking this. Now granted, I don't represent people outside that IWC group but the point is I don't think it is just the usual hate on everything thing going on.

As you've said, and it is a point many online miss which HHH once mentioned in an in ring promo, there are in fact people who actually do enjoy WWE. I don't personally think they're happy about this either. Cody Rhodes has been massively over and looked to be the babyface to finally dethrone Roman and that didn't happen. Following RAW gives the possible implication that Cody will now be destroyed by Lesnar so Vince can once again run Roman vs Lesnar #159 because uh... only a super heel can defeat a super heel. It is just so miserable and surely you understand that. 

It's all madness to me. WWE was built off overwhelmingly powerful babyfaces. It wasn't the south where heels dominated. The only way this all could go down at this point to where I personally would end up satisfied and in hindsight fine with Cody losing at Wrestlemania would be if Roman loses the title Bruno style to a babyface. By that I mean a cage match where the babyface dominantly beats Roman bloody and casually walks out of the cage for the win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

I do agree that a large majority of the IWC are horrible and I typically wait to see how things unfold. Hell, I only recently got into wrestling again like 2-3 years ago, after being away from it for a good 15 or so years. I admit I felt deflated after Rhodes lost at Mania, but reading some different takes after the event made me curious to see what would happen. For example, outside of the injury, Rhodes' return has been pretty invincible in reaching the main event. He went undefeated since he returned to WWE, winning every singles match on TV/PPV and in dark matches/house shows. So, all of that winning probably led everyone to believe he would finally win at Mania and secure the belts, but he was dealt his first actual loss since returning. I will admit that the whole thing with Lesnar on RAW was completely off the wall, as I feel like Brock was just inserted into the storyline (likely by Vince), but hopefully, Cody isn't too hurt by this feud.

Of course, he was white hot going into Mania, as was Sami Zayn going into EC, although I think a lot of people had a big feeling that Sami wasn't going to win there. However, despite that loss at EC, Sami finally had his happy ending at Mania, alongside KO.

I do agree that the two biggest downs of Wrestlemania, as far as official matches go, were the women's showcase and Brock/Omos. The rest of the matches went from good to great, with the majority of Night One being pretty damn great.

See, posts like this I respect and can agree with, even if your opinion of WM is different than how I saw it. That's how any fan debate should be. It's when people call something the worst thing ever or wish death on people because they didn't get the result of a scripted match they wanted even if the rest of the matches were brilliant. And what's worse is when people belittle you or dismiss your enjoyment of something because you liked an event or a match ending that they didn't.

That's not necessarily the case on here to those extreme levels but you see it everywhere on Twitter, Redit etc.

5 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Following RAW gives the possible implication that Cody will now be destroyed by Lesnar so Vince can once again run Roman vs Lesnar #159 because uh... only a super heel can defeat a super heel. It is just so miserable and surely you understand that. 

What I got from it is that Brock becomes an obstacle for Cody to deal with and overcome in the next couple of months before getting Roman again at SummerSlam.

Even I can admit that Cody getting a rematch straight away at Backlash would be pointless because he either loses again and makes him a joke or he wins at a B or C level PPV in front of a much smaller crowd and you wonder why the fuck he didn't just win at WM anyway.

To me it seems this is a way of stalling time to get to 1000 days and gives Cody a legit badass/heel who is extremely well establishd to deal with while Roman gets either time off or a couple more wins (Seth? Orton?) whilst also furthering the Bloodline paranoia stuff until it all comes crumbling down at SummerSlam. I actually fancy Solo to win MITB so Roman is constantly looking over his shoulder.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

What I got from it is that Brock becomes an obstacle for Cody to deal with and overcome in the next couple of months before getting Roman again at SummerSlam.

Even I can admit that Cody getting a rematch straight away at Backlash would be pointless because he either loses again and makes him a joke or he wins at a B or C level PPV in front of a much smaller crowd and you wonder why the fuck he didn't just win at WM anyway.

To me it seems this is a way of stalling time to get to 1000 days and gives Cody a legit badass/heel who is extremely well establishd to deal with while Roman gets either time off or a couple more wins (Seth? Orton?) whilst also furthering the Bloodline paranoia stuff until it all comes crumbling down at SummerSlam. I actually fancy Solo to win MITB so Roman is constantly looking over his shoulder.

Well, wouldn't be the 1st time a guy doesn't win at the big event and then wins soon after at a small event. 

I would hope that Cody beats Lesnar but well... are you hopeful of this? Vince is back in charge and we all know how he uses Lesnar. You also have Cena, Kofi, and others who have gotten completely obliterated by Lesnar. Even babyface Roman was destroyed again and again by Lesnar. I certainly wouldn't make a bet on it being any different for Cody.

21 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Well, wouldn't be the 1st time a guy doesn't win at the big event and then wins soon after at a small event. 

I would hope that Cody beats Lesnar but well... are you hopeful of this? Vince is back in charge and we all know how he uses Lesnar. You also have Cena, Kofi, and others who have gotten completely obliterated by Lesnar. Even babyface Roman was destroyed again and again by Lesnar. I certainly wouldn't make a bet on it being any different for Cody.

Brock puts people over who he wants to put over. I’m sure Cody will win or at least win 2 out of 3.

8 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

The good thing about the upcoming draft is it's not 2 weeks before Survivor Series. Now the drafted wrestlers will have time to develop brand loyalty for Survivor. 1f604.png

HHH actually didn't do that last year but with Vince back we'll see. Hopefully not as its horrible, predictable too as for whatever reason Smackdown gets destroyed year after year.

32 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

HHH actually didn't do that last year but with Vince back we'll see. Hopefully not as its horrible, predictable too as for whatever reason Smackdown gets destroyed year after year.

Yeah but despite that Smackdown is still the most watchable show.

Bron heel turned on Melo which is likely what he needs so he ultimately becomes a better face. What was funny about it was how it was done you thought when he was leaving that he was going to do a fake out and come back in to do an attack... and he didn't, but then Melo asked him to come back so he could celebrate him more and then Bron decided to attack him. So if Melo didn't get Bron back he was just going to let Melo off?

They gave Indi a successful title defence for her thank you reign which was nice. Tiffany and Cora who came out are both worthy of being the next champion, but if I had to guess it'll be Tiffany. Perhaps not the greatest of timing considering Tiffany sort of has a look of being Mandy 2.0 who is obviously still fresh in people's minds, but she certainly does deserve it.

Kiana James is better gaslighter than Roman. Screws a bunch of guys behind Jenson's back, talks him into blaming himself for it. How will this story unfold? Will Jenson ultimately realise that Fallon loves him and get with her instead of Kiana? Or will Jenson face down like 3 of Kiana's boyfriends in a handicap match, win, and in the process finally actually win her heart?

Isla Dawn I've been liking more and more of. Nice look, has a nice entrance and theme, can go. One of the NXT UK people who have come over and done well I'd say. The biggest surprise for me has been Axiom out of the lot. Math geek into comics which has death written all over it but he seems to have managed to get himself over with people with his in ring work and especially that finisher which he is extremely accurate with considering all the landing of it he has been doing to flipping people lately. Still, as I've said, really lacks mass and with Vince back... but on a positive note he does wear a fancy mask and certainly does have a look that stands out and Vince loves merchandising.

Was certainly surprising that we're seeing Dragon Lee in WWE as he had AEW written all over him, but he clearly has a wise head on his shoulders if he decided to go to WWE instead. NXT will train him in the American style, teach him that he doesn't need to risk killing himself to wow people, and teach him how to sell. There is also always the potential of being the successor to Rey Mysterio for him which is a big deal. Escobar (who I like to be clear) is too old to be a successor. Dominic has improved massively but may well become a career heel as his success has been based on how much of a weasel and disgrace (in kayfabe) he is to the Mysterio name. That leaves a big door open for someone to be the big Latin babyface star.

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Unless the titles get split in the draft, who cares.  I assume Judgment Day to smackdown though. 

SD sucked. Not sure why LA Knight got such a pop. Dudes a clown.

You really don't see it? LA Knight has the mannerisms of Steve Austin and sounds like The Rock. Also a rare example of WWE having a guy job constantly and it only making him more over as the people have thus far refused to stop reacting big no matter how much he loses so WWE's burial of LA Knight looks stupid.

Considering Vince is back in charge and his view of LA was that he should be a comedy manager... that doesn't bode well, but we'll see. One good thing in LA's favour is that HHH clearly didn't rate him hence all the jobbing right from the start, and Vince has a history of backing guys that HHH doesn't rate hence Corbin, Elias, and so forth being so well featured all these years. Was something people used to up straight up say in fact. If you were booked well in the old NXT then you'd get obliterated on the main roster, but if you were booked weak in NXT then Vince would book you better. Considering Vince is likely currently in maximum pettiness mode it wouldn't shock me if he began to back LA Knight.

22 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Considering Vince is back in charge and his view of LA was that he should be a comedy manager... that doesn't bode well, but we'll see. One good thing in LA's favour is that HHH clearly didn't rate him hence all the jobbing right from the start, and Vince has a history of backing guys that HHH doesn't rate hence Corbin, Elias, and so forth being so well featured all these years. Was something people used to up straight up say in fact. If you were booked well in the old NXT then you'd get obliterated on the main roster, but if you were booked weak in NXT then Vince would book you better. Considering Vince is likely currently in maximum pettiness mode it wouldn't shock me if he began to back LA Knight.

Trust me when i tell you, there's never going to be a good word about "modern" Vince coming from me. 

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Trust me when i tell you, there's never going to be a good word about "modern" Vince coming from me. 

I wasn't commenting on Vince being good or bad. Just stating that something in LA's favour is Vince tends to book better people HHH doesn't like for whatever reason be it legitimately seeing them as good talents or out of spite against HHH.

As insane as it sounds, I really don't mind that Cody didn't win at mania. I don't care for Reigns one bit but I also think the payoff when Cody inevitably dethrones Reigns will be far greater after he goes through Brock, maybe even destroys that other thug constantly helping Roman, and then topples the tribal chief. Sure, it would have still been great if Cody won at mania, but then they would have just been ticking every predictable box that everyone assumed with the lead up to the royal rumble.