The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

19 hours ago, Valzentia said:

this still doesn't fucking feel real.

I know. It's feels like it shouldn't have happened. Like If there's some plan written out by some higher power, it feels like there was some royal screw up and now the future has been altered in a way it wasn't meant to, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

So it appears that Jey Uso is on Raw now, while Jimmy is on Smackdown. Both are now focused on separate paths of their singles careers but will meet again somewhere down the road, like at the Royal Rumble. Either could eliminate the other and then start the feud. Cody being involved in bringing Jey back could mean something, maybe planting seeds for another feud with Roman. I don't care about this like many do and I might be the only one or in the minority. 

I'm glad John Cena is back and will cherish every moment during his stay. He did a great job as special guest ref for LA Knight vs The Miz and it looks like it's the end for that rivalry. I wonder what's next for LA Knight and how it all plays out from here on out without screwing it up.  

I certainly didn't expect Sami Zayn & KO to lose the tag team titles. I'm glad there are no signs of The Judgement Day breaking up now that they're champs. WWE likes splitting up teams so suddenly without a reason and not letting them have a proper establishment on the brand, like the Hurt Business. At least we now have potential feuds and matches with Bobby Lashley and Street Profits vs The Judgement Day if they go down that road. They could add Bianca Belair to even the odds with Rhea Ripley if it comes down to that as well. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 7:09 AM, Maxximum said:

So it appears that Jey Uso is on Raw now, while Jimmy is on Smackdown. Both are now focused on separate paths of their singles careers but will meet again somewhere down the road, like at the Royal Rumble. Either could eliminate the other and then start the feud. Cody being involved in bringing Jey back could mean something, maybe planting seeds for another feud with Roman. I don't care about this like many do and I might be the only one or in the minority. 

I'm glad John Cena is back and will cherish every moment during his stay. He did a great job as special guest ref for LA Knight vs The Miz and it looks like it's the end for that rivalry. I wonder what's next for LA Knight and how it all plays out from here on out without screwing it up.  

I certainly didn't expect Sami Zayn & KO to lose the tag team titles. I'm glad there are no signs of The Judgement Day breaking up now that they're champs. WWE likes splitting up teams so suddenly without a reason and not letting them have a proper establishment on the brand, like the Hurt Business. At least we now have potential feuds and matches with Bobby Lashley and Street Profits vs The Judgement Day if they go down that road. They could add Bianca Belair to even the odds with Rhea Ripley if it comes down to that as well. 

Can we talk about that Miz vs john "invisible" Cena, because that camera work was just amazing

• Like 1

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/07/wwe-sale-date-endeavor-ufc-merger-19463061/

So we're 5 days away from WWE and UFC merging together. I had hoped that Tony Khan would have proven me wrong, but alas, he is it seems a massive idiot on top of being a gutless coward... though with this being Tony Khan maybe it is a result of him being completely delusional instead. He needed to be leading an antitrust campaign against Endeavor, not simply in court, but publicly... instead he did nothing and is just letting it happen without doing anything. Now yes, we all know to begin with, and the Microsoft case has only proven it, that the system in America is heavily corrupt and there likely was nothing that could be done to stop this clear case of antitrust from going through. That said, just because you're likely going to lose doesn't mean you shouldn't take a stand and do the right thing. There is always a chance and it isn't like Tony Khan is going to get executed if he dares speak out against this.

WWE's power and influence will only grow with this merger, and at a time when WWE is growing stronger and stronger while AEW falls apart (no one bother speaking of the Wembley crowd as proving anything. First show in the UK so the people were naturally hot and hyped to go, but back in the US they're doing badly). Something which by the way would only help Tony Khan in court. Now don't get me wrong, AEW could go out of business tomorrow (unlikely I know as to AEW and it's fans they could do a 100k rating and it won't be a failure, they have virtually unlimited money behind them like Xbox does after all) and I'd care little due to how they've pushed 'stunt' and 'garbage' wrestling that only hurts guys and people forget it the next day as it is all meaningless. WWE is today is also so much better than it used to be for the last... 10/15 years? Especially when you factor in NXT. I don't however like to see these rich and powerful companies just get more powerful in ways that should clearly be stopped.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 1:35 AM, Don_Chipotle said:

Can we talk about that Miz vs john "invisible" Cena, because that camera work was just amazing

The Miz is goated. That segment was hilarious. He took the "You Can't See Me" meme to a whole new level. The cameraman "Stu" definitely deserved a raise for that work. You know, Raw was actually good and that includes the IC championship main event as well. The finish to that was brutal and amazing. The way Gunter lined up the powerbomb and then the final nail to the coffin that was the lariat was chef's kiss. I'm sure it's a match of the year contender.

• Like 2

I think the best for wwe is not to pressure themselves about what "new era" they are about, you could notice this was a fact at creative choices and wrestlers, that kind of things just need to flow and be a consequence of something, it doesnt work when you tell people and wrestlers about it just because

Edited by Don_Chipotle
  • Like 1

It's been awhile since I've posted in here.

So... the Endeavor deal closed today for fusion of WWE & UFC (sort of)

Is Ari Emmanuel going to force Vince back into creative and everything goes to shit again? That's what I'm worried about honestly. I've been 'sort of' watching again recently and it seems, to me anyway, not much has really changed except for NXT call ups I guess

14 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

It's been awhile since I've posted in here.

So... the Endeavor deal closed today for fusion of WWE & UFC (sort of)

Is Ari Emmanuel going to force Vince back into creative and everything goes to shit again? That's what I'm worried about honestly. I've been 'sort of' watching again recently and it seems, to me anyway, not much has really changed except for NXT call ups I guess

They brought Nia back for whatever reason. Cant wait till she injures more people..... ugh.

Doubt much will change. From what i read at the start of the deal, anyone signed to contracts will be under endeavor contracts post merger. Meaning releases won't just happen. But that was months ago.

As long as Cody continues his path and wins WarGames this year vs Judgment Day and then wins Elimination Chamber after losing royal rumble (won by Gunther, Cody is the ironman), and goes on to dethrone the most overhyped boring half assed bullshit part time champion in Roman at Mania 40, then idc.

Im more interested once the stupid peacock deal dies. UFC likes a universal app streaming service. I'd pay for a new streaming service with VOD for UFC and WWE and includes ppvs. But there are always other ways to watch

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

why the fuck did Becky win? 

i guess they need some kind of hype train for survivor series, raw and smackdown both brands have women in order to form teams, nxt i guess will go with the "back to basics" storyline with Lynch, maybe someone from their team will betray her, cant tell, but yeah, everyone is talking about it

46 minutes ago, Don_Chipotle said:

i guess they need some kind of hype train for survivor series, raw and smackdown both brands have women in order to form teams, nxt i guess will go with the "back to basics" storyline with Lynch, maybe someone from their team will betray her, cant tell, but yeah, everyone is talking about it

i want to say i expect Stratton to win at No Mercy, but Survivor series maybe? but i would honestly have Becky lose. go on a losing streak, win the womens rumble and then go on to face Rhea and.... Lose. Mami gets a 1yr plus reign before dropping it to Raquel or someone built up who isnt overrated like Becky or shit like Nia.

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i want to say i expect Stratton to win at No Mercy, but Survivor series maybe? but i would honestly have Becky lose. go on a losing streak, win the womens rumble and then go on to face Rhea and.... Lose. Mami gets a 1yr plus reign before dropping it to Raquel or someone built up who isnt overrated like Becky or shit like Nia.

Yeah..btw, i dont get it why they hire her again with all the bad previous stuff, its just not something of a first or even a second strike

8 minutes ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Yeah..btw, i dont get it why they hire her again with all the bad previous stuff, its just not something of a first or even a second strike

I hope she screws up again and just gets canned for good. Shes untalented. Not agile. Cant do much. Is ugly as fuck. Injures people. Whines. She should never have come back. Oh and shes 39.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

why the fuck did Becky win? 

Some think it was because Becky never won the title when she was in NXT, while Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha did. Something that may well have also factored in was a promo that Stratton did where she mentioned former champions she was better than (all of them), and Becky's name was mentioned... which was then pointed out by fans that Becky was never NXT champion. Once this was realised either HHH made the call to NXT to get it done, or NXT phoned HHH and offered it up as it'll mean getting Becky on NXT for a bit.

Alternatively top stars who aren't involved in the title picture need stuff to do. With NXT more open than ever to main roster people, it allows them to reward and keep busy people with NXT titles.

5 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Vince brought her back and I doubt he cares about the Covid stuff. She is the Rock's cousin which as we know helps in the WWE. She also has size which considering Rhea's booking is especially needed at the moment. They've established with all of the squashes Rhea has done of other women (granted, top stars haven't wrestled her) that only someone bigger than Rhea really has a chance of beating her, and Nia fits that profile.

Also her bad rep for hurting people seems to just be a fan thing, as she is actually well liked in the WWE female locker room. She stood up to Ronda for ultimately ending Alexa's career by injuring her recklessly twice in the span of two weeks I think it was (ironic I know, but Nia doing it to Kairi isn't seen as purposely reckless). She also infamously smacked the crap out of Charlotte who seems to be resented for always getting everything she wants, going over everybody all the time, and worse of all being arrogant about it. Nia Jax is someone who could certainly bully the locker room if she wanted to, but instead seems to use her power against those the locker room think are throwing their weight around.

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Some think it was because Becky never won the title when she was in NXT, while Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha did. Something that may well have also factored in was a promo that Stratton did where she mentioned former champions she was better than (all of them), and Becky's name was mentioned... which was then pointed out by fans that Becky was never NXT champion. Once this was realised either HHH made the call to NXT to get it done, or NXT phoned HHH and offered it up as it'll mean getting Becky on NXT for a bit.

Alternatively top stars who aren't involved in the title picture need stuff to do. With NXT more open than ever to main roster people, it allows them to reward and keep busy people with NXT titles.

Vince brought her back and I doubt he cares about the Covid stuff. She is the Rock's cousin which as we know helps in the WWE. She also has size which considering Rhea's booking is especially needed at the moment. They've established with all of the squashes Rhea has done of other women (granted, top stars haven't wrestled her) that only someone bigger than Rhea really has a chance of beating her, and Nia fits that profile.

Also her bad rep for hurting people seems to just be a fan thing, as she is actually well liked in the WWE female locker room. She stood up to Ronda for ultimately ending Alexa's career by injuring her recklessly twice in the span of two weeks I think it was (ironic I know, but Nia doing it to Kairi isn't seen as purposely reckless). She also infamously smacked the crap out of Charlotte who seems to be resented for always getting everything she wants, going over everybody all the time, and worse of all being arrogant about it. Nia Jax is someone who could certainly bully the locker room if she wanted to, but instead seems to use her power against those the locker room think are throwing their weight around.

She has size alright. *pukes*

14 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

She has size alright. *pukes*

She has slimmed down and she has actually done modelling you know. Not that I'm a fan of the size, but among that crowd I believe she isn't seen too badly.

Anyway, someone who certainly looks good and has size is of course:

Oh yeah. Not fully confirmed obviously but the talk out there strongly points towards it which is just fantastic. I'm pleased that she got those 60 straight wins in AEW and then only took the 2 losses, one of them a Wrestlemania 9 Hogan-Yokozuna style affair that doesn't really count, and the loss was also against one of the women AEW has with comparable size and who if she has any sense will make the move to WWE too. No letting AEW beat her into powder before leaving which is smart.

Ever since she turned up in AEW people have been scratching their heads how WWE let this one go, and WWE no doubt is too hence the interest they've had. Jade Cargill is someone who has size and a superstar look, and in WWE land (NXT especially, but she may well skip NXT), they actually take advantage of that with the women unlike AEW. As for talk of her being 'ungrateful' to AEW or whatever from the marks. I see it this way. Did Khan give her stuff? Obviously. Not just anyone gets such a large win streak and put on loads of posters and the like (the network particularly liked to have her on things from what I recall. I mean just look at her, you can see why). However, Khan, clearly hating women's wrestling, never really gave her what she deserved.

For a start he siloed Jade off from the top talent which hurt the perception of Jade because a winning streak is far less impressive if you're just running over all of the jobbers. The highest up people Jade ever defeated were Rosa, likely only because of all of the heat Rosa has with the other top women, and Ruby who is a jobber to the stars as they say, more than the average jobber, but a jobber nevertheless. Furthermore this clashes with Jade in respects to her wanting to get better. As has been reported she got training from Danielson to help improve (best she can get in AEW, but not really a trainer that fits someone like Jade), but you ultimately need matches to really bring it all together, matches which Khan wasn't giving in a good enough number, and when he did it was against low tier opponents who simply can't help Jade improve to any significant degree. By comparison look at NXT where a green Tiffany Stratton had excellent trainers, got given plenty of matches to help improve, and is now at a really good place. They didn't keep her away from the likes of Roxanne Perez because Perez is further along, because they know that iron sharpens iron as they say.

Jade wants to be a major star and you can't do that if women only ever get 1 match on the shows and you also have women, Baker and her crew being those often pointed out, using politics to get much of those minimal spots for themselves. Jade has seen what happened to Rosa when she decided to compete against Baker on that front. You think that crew is just going to allow Jade to step over them? Doubtful. They'll try to minimalise and shut her out whenever possible, which you can argue they already did if Jade's siloing was a result of them and not just Khan (good odds on this). Meanwhile in WWE you could have easily had Charlotte/Becky/Bayley/Sasha easily calling all of the shots, and yet what has happened? Sasha couldn't get her way so often that she left. Bayley and Becky are team players. Charlotte is known to be an issue as mentioned previously, but there is certainly a reason that she goes away so often, as even she can't dominate the roster as the patience has ran out. This has allowed women like Bianca and Rhea to break through and not held down by politics.

Oh, as for Khan and his dislike of women's wrestling. The reason is simple enough, that adage that 'women don't draw', which ironically for 'progressive AEW' is an even worse position than Jim Cornette. At least Cornette thinks that Women can at least be an attraction if done correctly and the talent used is solid, and that in a perfect world if there were far more woman wrestlers then you could certainly have them on the shows more. Which brings us to:

Becky vs Tiffany hit 1 million viewers in the overrun on NXT. Who knew that if you build women up that they become draws and people want to watch them? 

Also, a reminder. Meltzer and his boys can say and hand out whatever awards they want. The Booker of the Year is and has been since 2.0 started, Shawn Michaels. His booking has developed numerous talents, many of them green and doing their first matches on NXT, and he also restored trust in NXT and increased their ratings significantly.

I hope that HHH always remembers this practical lesson that Vince taught him with NXT 2.0. Good wrestling is of course fine (WWE trains their talent excellently for a reason), but always remember that the characters is what matters far more in professional wrestling. It should be obvious of course, but there are a lot of people who love to think they know better on this because they don't like the fact that it is Vince who makes the point, and they want to go against 'the man'.

11 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

She has slimmed down and she has actually done modelling you know. Not that I'm a fan of the size, but among that crowd I believe she isn't seen too badly.

Oh yeah. Not fully confirmed obviously but the talk out there strongly points towards it which is just fantastic. I'm pleased that she got those 60 straight wins in AEW and then only took the 2 losses, one of them a Wrestlemania 9 Hogan-Yokozuna style affair that doesn't really count, and the loss was also against one of the women AEW has with comparable size and who if she has any sense will make the move to WWE too. No letting AEW beat her into powder before leaving which is smart.

Ever since she turned up in AEW people have been scratching their heads how WWE let this one go, and WWE no doubt is too hence the interest they've had. Jade Cargill is someone who has size and a superstar look, and in WWE land (NXT especially, but she may well skip NXT), they actually take advantage of that with the women unlike AEW. As for talk of her being 'ungrateful' to AEW or whatever from the marks. I see it this way. Did Khan give her stuff? Obviously. Not just anyone gets such a large win streak and put on loads of posters and the like (the network particularly liked to have her on things from what I recall. I mean just look at her, you can see why). However, Khan, clearly hating women's wrestling, never really gave her what she deserved.

For a start he siloed Jade off from the top talent which hurt the perception of Jade because a winning streak is far less impressive if you're just running over all of the jobbers. The highest up people Jade ever defeated were Rosa, likely only because of all of the heat Rosa has with the other top women, and Ruby who is a jobber to the stars as they say, more than the average jobber, but a jobber nevertheless. Furthermore this clashes with Jade in respects to her wanting to get better. As has been reported she got training from Danielson to help improve (best she can get in AEW, but not really a trainer that fits someone like Jade), but you ultimately need matches to really bring it all together, matches which Khan wasn't giving in a good enough number, and when he did it was against low tier opponents who simply can't help Jade improve to any significant degree. By comparison look at NXT where a green Tiffany Stratton had excellent trainers, got given plenty of matches to help improve, and is now at a really good place. They didn't keep her away from the likes of Roxanne Perez because Perez is further along, because they know that iron sharpens iron as they say.

Jade wants to be a major star and you can't do that if women only ever get 1 match on the shows and you also have women, Baker and her crew being those often pointed out, using politics to get much of those minimal spots for themselves. Jade has seen what happened to Rosa when she decided to compete against Baker on that front. You think that crew is just going to allow Jade to step over them? Doubtful. They'll try to minimalise and shut her out whenever possible, which you can argue they already did if Jade's siloing was a result of them and not just Khan (good odds on this). Meanwhile in WWE you could have easily had Charlotte/Becky/Bayley/Sasha easily calling all of the shots, and yet what has happened? Sasha couldn't get her way so often that she left. Bayley and Becky are team players. Charlotte is known to be an issue as mentioned previously, but there is certainly a reason that she goes away so often, as even she can't dominate the roster as the patience has ran out. This has allowed women like Bianca and Rhea to break through and not held down by politics.

Oh, as for Khan and his dislike of women's wrestling. The reason is simple enough, that adage that 'women don't draw', which ironically for 'progressive AEW' is an even worse position than Jim Cornette. At least Cornette thinks that Women can at least be an attraction if done correctly and the talent used is solid, and that in a perfect world if there were far more woman wrestlers then you could certainly have them on the shows more. Which brings us to:

Becky vs Tiffany hit 1 million viewers in the overrun on NXT. Who knew that if you build women up that they become draws and people want to watch them? 

Also, a reminder. Meltzer and his boys can say and hand out whatever awards they want. The Booker of the Year is and has been since 2.0 started, Shawn Michaels. His booking has developed numerous talents, many of them green and doing their first matches on NXT, and he also restored trust in NXT and increased their ratings significantly.

I hope that HHH always remembers this practical lesson that Vince taught him with NXT 2.0. Good wrestling is of course fine (WWE trains their talent excellently for a reason), but always remember that the characters is what matters far more in professional wrestling. It should be obvious of course, but there are a lot of people who love to think they know better on this because they don't like the fact that it is Vince who makes the point, and they want to go against 'the man'.

jesus fuck kid, no one needs all this info. we get it, you like Roman and Jade. Hate AEW. dont tag me in shit. i wont read it.

Nia is a ugly fuck. 

On 9/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, Infected Elite said:

jesus fuck kid, no one needs all this info. we get it, you like Roman and Jade. Hate AEW. dont tag me in shit. i wont read it.

Nia is a ugly fuck. 

Allow me to point something out:

See this? It is me answering your post, very nicely by the way, and then spring boarding onto the Jade thing. Any response to you ends right there and the rest is just a post made in a thread to nobody in particular.

EDIT: Just realised with the recent thread how such a thing would only ever apply to myself and allow you to in threads I'm involved in just drop stuff you know I'd take issue with, and then if I respond, call me out as not sticking to what has been agreed. Not playing those games, sorry.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

It's like you two do a promo bit and are bound to head the next PPV as main event.

Well here is another one. I've said I wouldn't play my music and interrupt them when they were cutting a promo, but I'll be taking that back. I realised that as a good babyface I'd be doing quite the bad thing to allow them to go unchallenged where they need challenging. I also wouldn't want to have the thought in my mind that they're baiting me into tagging just so they can call me out.

@Infected Elite As they say in wrestling. I've put you on notice.

Side note. You're always so negative. How about some positive stuff? I don't know, what are your three favourite wrestlers right now? Not all time, just now. Tag teams count as 1.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:43 PM, Don_Chipotle said:

Very interesting Seth Rollins is the #1 wrestler of 2023, the chemistry with audience and characters, with a great performance level on ring, i think are pros for him to consider him at that spot, wonder where those rankings will be after WM next year

On PWI anyway, which is kayfabed and does obvious things to sell magazines. If you're unaware Roman Reigns was 2 and Moxley 3, just so they could have the Shield on the front. I'm not so sure I'd give it to Seth in an actual list. Roman Reigns being the 'real' champion in many people's eyes ultimately hurts the value of matches Seth is having, and while Roman has much less matches, they're also all much bigger deals. If we talk purely wrestling meanwhile, then Gunther makes much more sense as Gunther has been able to have a good match that makes sense considering those involved with pretty much anyone they've put in front of him. 

Meanwhile 'draws' is hard to quantify for most, but that is why it is useful to reduce your list down to something like a top 10 rather than having 500 and having much of it be nobodies. Roman obviously is number 1 there. 

• Like 1

@Rozalia1 3 fave right now? ill just list whoever.

WWE men: Cody,Gunther, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, LA Knight, Wyatt was one obvs.

Tag team: Usos (when they team)

WWE women: Rhea Ripley, Charlotte, Stratton

AEW men: Jay White, Kenny Omega, MJF, Chris Jericho

AEW women: Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Jamie Hayter

AEW tag team: FTR

Most hated WWE wrestler: Roman Reigns 

Most hated AEW wrestler: *former* CM Punk, current: Brian Cage.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

@Rozalia1 3 fave right now? ill just list whoever.

WWE men: Cody,Gunther, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, LA Knight, Wyatt was one obvs.

Tag team: Usos (when they team)

WWE women: Rhea Ripley, Charlotte, Stratton

AEW men: Jay White, Kenny Omega, MJF, Chris Jericho

AEW women: Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Jamie Hayter

AEW tag team: FTR

Most hated WWE wrestler: Roman Reigns 

Most hated AEW wrestler: *former* CM Punk, current: Brian Cage.

Looks like a good list to me.

WWE Men: Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, LA Knight

NXT Men: Carmelo Hayes, Tony D'Angelo, Ilja Dragunov

WWE Tag Team: Pretty Deadly (Injured recentlyish, but still the best tag team on there)

NXT Tag Team: Creed Brothers (Easily my favourite tag team in the business today)

WWE Women: Rhea Ripley, Bayley, Sonya Deville (injured recentlyish)

NXT Women: Tiffany Stratton, Cora Jade, Kiana James

Not going to list AEW people as I watch it rarely these days. My favourites are quite obvious though.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1