10$ PSN Card Giveaway! (Version. 1.01) **Giveaway Has Ended**

Xel

While this wasn't a purchase of a video game, it happened at a video game store. I was 15, and I went in with my friend to have a look around. I saw that Homefront was cheap there so I decided to get it. I also noticed they sold drinks there which I figured was a cool novelty for a video game store so I grabbed a bottle of Mountain Dew. I head up to the counter and hand him the game and he asks me if I have any ID. I didn't so I said "No, in that case I'll just get this Mountain Dew then". At which point he pauses for a second and then says "Sorry, you'll need ID for that as well". I got ID checked for a Mountain Dew. A Mountain Dew. He tells me it's because of the amount of sugar in the drink. I just give him a confused look, put it back, and walk out of the store. I then went to a different store and bought a Monster Energy drink which has lots more sugar in it without any problems at all. 

• Like 2

I don't really have any bad experience when buying game but in the early day when games is still using cartridge then I remember a incident where I buy a new game went back home excited ready to start the game but when I put the cartridge into my Nintendo and found that the cartridge is faulty after many retires I have to go back to the shop again for exchange.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all members, hope all have a great year in 2015 and more platinum to show off in 2016.

• Like 1

When I was 14, I was looking for new games for my first PS3, and my friend recommended Dante's Inferno. I knew nothing about the game other than its basic story at the time, but I decided to buy it since it was relatively cheap. I went to Game Stop and the conversation between me and one of the workers went something like this:

Guy: "Hello. Are you looking for anything specific today?"

Me: "Hi. I'd like to buy Dante's Inferno."

Guy: "..." *Gives me a really weird stare*

Me: "...Is there a problem?"

Guy: "You do know that's M Rated, right?"

Me: "...Oh, sorry about that. I'll be back with a parent." I THOUGHT IT WAS RATED T!

Don't ask me why I thought a game based in Hell would be rated T.

Worst shopping experience? Mine was two years ago! There was only a week left for Xmas and I wanted to buy a 20$ PSN Card for my brother. It was absolute chaos!!!! I'm not kidding when I tell you that I went to 5 different shop inside a HUGE Shopping centre (including GAME) and all of them were sold out, both 20$ and 50$ cards... I even asked the cashier if it was some kind of joke that no shop had any cards left and he was like "Do I look like I am joking?". It was horrible x.x

In the end, I bought him Red Dead Redempetion + the Undead Nightmare DLC, I think I made a good choice :D 

Back when I was ten years old, I go to this store to buy a GameBoy Color, the very first gaming device I bought with my own money. I'd been saving money from months so I could get a GB and etiher Pokemon Red or The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of ages. When I got to the sotre, I realize all the products had gone up in price, and suddenly I find myself with not enough money to buy a GB and a game. So I do what every kid dows, I ask my mom for money, she can't give me enough to buy any of the games I wanted, and I end up buying the Powerpuff Girl's game. Which at least turned out to be pretty good for me at that time, but yeah, it was kind of a bummer xD

Worst shopping experience? Mine was two years ago! There was only a week left for Xmas and I wanted to buy a 20$ PSN Card for my brother. It was absolute chaos!!!! I'm not kidding when I tell you that I went to 5 different shop inside a HUGE Shopping centre (including GAME) and all of them were sold out, both 20$ and 50$ cards... I even asked the cashier if it was some kind of joke that no shop had any cards left and he was like "Do I look like I am joking?". It was horrible x.x

In the end, I bought him Red Dead Redempetion + the Undead Nightmare DLC, I think I made a good choice :D

PSN cards are actually one of the most sold items so it's no surprise that they run out. It has happened to me as well. These days game stores know to stock up on them a little better then few years ago though.

• Like 1

Probs aint got enough posts but my worst game shopping experience was when game (uk) had 75% off on sega digital games when baught with anything in store and I wanted sonic 2 got the code whent home put code in and the codes for altered beast go back to the shop explain to them get them to put the code in their playstation wich comes up as altered beast to be told not our problem phone sony to wich I told there was nothinf they could do as codes are non refundable :-( aint been back to game since then

I've had a few bad video game shopping experiences but my worst would have to be trying to buy a cheap copy of Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube years ago. I saw a copy for $5 on ebay and that was a steal so I definitely had to go for it. I thoroughly read the page, the game looked to be in mint condition from the photos, and the person had a good bit of positive feedback so everything seemed good. Well a few days after purchasing it I heard nothing from the guy so I emailed him, then later that day he emailed me a guide for the game and saying that was what he was selling and not the game?!?! The page specially said he was selling the game and said nothing about a guide on it plus he had pictures of his copy of the game on the page so I was stunned that he would try to say he was selling the guide. So yeah that is my worst one dood

• Like 2