Apology to my We Play groups

Hope your doing ok Superbuu, sometimes stepping back to take time for yourself is the best thing. Just know you are doing some great things on here and I very much enjoyed your Wepjays last year. ( despite my dreadful lack of completions :).

Wishing you all the best in 2016 and look forward to reading about your future endeavours

• Like 2

I realised it was because Christmas is a family time and its basically one year from when my dad died of cancer in my home (I was caring for him)

I know how you feel man. My step dad passed away in the home after also having cancer. Lung cancer to be specific. Passed away 9 months after being diagnosed.

• Like 2

I remember someone giving me crap about not completing trophy guides I've been writing (still not finished :P).

Honestly, I didn't think I owed an apology since the reason why I haven't finished them is because of my focus on college and my job.

I think the same can be said about you. I'm sorry, but some things are just simply more important than we plays, guide writing, trophy hunting, league runners, etc.

You don't owe us any apology, but the fact that you felt inclined to apologize anyways says a lot about how good of a person you are.

Thanks, and I hope you are recovering from the loss of your father.

• Like 3

Also a huge thanks to all the players as no one has given me a hard time despite my inactivity.

TL;DR I'm sorry and I'll try to be better. No this is not a topic about ending them I will be continuing as normal.

Glad to hear no one has given you crap and happy to see you'll be spending some more time again here.

Don't stretch yourself too thin unless you love what you're doing. If you need to back off a project or two, it's your time, man. Do whatever you have to do. I'm not surprised your videos are doing well, they're really good from what I've watched.

If you need, set a repeating quarterly calendar reminder asking yourself "Are you being a dick?" Should give you pause if you are or a smile if you're not!

Thanks for all the stuff you're doing on PSNProfiles!

• Like 1

I'm throwing in my two cents - I know how hard it is to lose a family member. My mom is recovering from neck surgery and I worry that some cruel twist of fate might suddenly cause her to break her neck brace and rip open her neck muscles and end her life. It's very hard on the family and I know you have had hard times too, so don't get sad if people here give you a hard time, I'll take out my trusty shock pistol and zap the insensitive pricks. :lol:

I hope you feel better soon, SuperBuu. :wave:

• Like 1

I know how hard it is to lose a family member. My mom is recovering from neck surgery and I worry that some cruel twist of fate might suddenly cause her to break her neck brace and rip open her neck muscles and end her life.

Yeah, that highly unlikely, hypothetical death of someone who's currently alive must have been hard for you to handle. :facepalm:

On topic: There's no need to apologize or be better, buu. It's very sweet that you felt the need to update us but, the holidays are for family time; I don't think anyone was offended. :)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

Have you thought about letting other users take control or create their own we play sessions? I don't think anyone is gonna blame you for being inactive because life can be a bitch like that. It seems like it would ease some of the stress and responsibility off yourself and allow the We Play groups to expand more or continue more smoothly even if you're inactive.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all of your comments.

In regards to handing the reigns over to other people I'm pretty certain zadorvp and nullray85 have got my back, if it comes to that. I'm certain it won't ever get that out of hand and they certainly have assisted a lot as has sinnriel and Dragon_Archon, but I think both of them are active in other things. The current Symphonia group has also been very self sufficient with alot of the members helping each other.

If you need, set a repeating quarterly calendar reminder asking yourself "Are you being a dick?" Should give you pause if you are or a smile if you're not!

LMAO I think this is one of my favourite pieces of advice I've ever been given.

Thanks a lot for all of your comments.

In regards to handing the reigns over to other people I'm pretty certain zadorvp and nullray85 have got my back, if it comes to that. I'm certain it won't ever get that out of hand and they certainly have assisted a lot as has sinnriel and Dragon_Archon, but I think both of them are active in other things. The current Symphonia group has also been very self sufficient with alot of the members helping each other.

If you ever need help with a We Play for a game I've played, just let me know.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the We Plays that I participated in and that your events motivated me to be more involved in the great community here. So, thank you for that.

Like everyone has said, there really is no need for you to apologize. There are things in real life that are much more important than games or events on a forum. Most of us play games or join community events for fun, but sometimes life gets in the way. Honestly, anyone who doesn't understand that probably doesn't deserve an apology. Sorry to hear about your father and hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I like to think I keep a generally high level of professionalism to not actually allow my personal life to effect any activities or people relying on me. So this isn't an excuse this is more here so people dont think i'm just a dick (i'm well aware a ton of people are going to come in here and tell me they already thought I was a dick so I won't take offence at that).

I'm sorry for my recent inactivity in general on the forums. Last night one of my friends said to me I was acting differently recently and very distant and not my usual friendly self and I honestly hadn't realised it. I'd also somewhat withdrawn from the forums and such. I mean yes I was sick for quite a while in the run up to Christmas, but I'd been throwing myself into multiple youtube projects (with actually great success so thats cool) and guide work to completely fill up all my time. I hadn't been focusing or giving the due attention to the We Play groups I normally do.

I realised it was because Christmas is a family time and its basically one year from when my dad died of cancer in my home (I was caring for him) and it was a very unpleasant death I've mentioned how this has effected me in the past here. So this had been playing at the back of my mind without realising it. So I'll rectify that as soon as possible and get back to my usual self it was only something I couldn't fix as I wasn't aware of it and its why I'm happy I have good friends who are honest enough to point ot when i'm acting weird.

Also a huge thanks to all the players as no one has given me a hard time despite my inactivity.

TL;DR I'm sorry and I'll try to be better. No this is not a topic about ending them I will be continuing as normal.

I also kind of dropped out of the Freedom Wars Let's Play because my Seasonal Effective Disorder kicked in from lack of sunlight and really made me unmotivated to do much. I have been taking about 15,000 UI of Vitamin D3 for a couple weeks now and it seems to be helping my mood some. I enjoy Alaska a lot but the winters kick my ass sometimes. It's not the cold, that's not an issue at all, I am use to it. It's the lack of light messing with me. I can't wait for spring and when my work starts back up. It helps my mood a lot. I had to pawn my Vita due to a friend stiffing me on some rent but I plan on getting it out on the 3rd and hopping back into Freedom Wars. 

Edited by skateak