Trophy Guides in Spanish

I created this thread because I was reading the PSNProfiles: Writing a Guide and as you can see in this section, it says: 

• We currently only accept guides in English. If you are from non-English speaking country and are not completely fluent in English, then you need to find another person who is fluent in English that you can add as a contributor to your guide so they can help you out to be able to get your guide approved.

That word means that in the moment they accept guides in English, but in the future Sly can create a new update with guides in spanish.

I hardly think Sly has the patience, time and probably knowledge to translate all guides in spanish with an update.

Either guide creators make them or not.

But why even do this? Did spanish become the new english without me noticing?

Apparently, yes :huh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

• Like 1

And I'm not saying that all guides that are created here must be changed again to spanish. No, only people wo speaks spanish/or have a good spanish can create guides in that language. 

It seems a bit weird to include multiple languages of guides on an English speaking website. It will only confuse people. I think it would just alienate the majority of the people here, and only help out a minority, for largely no reason. Since everyone here understands English.

The guides can be separated. I think it is a good idea. I've seen many forums profiles members that are from spain here. 

The guides can be separated. I think it is a good idea. I've seen many forums profiles members that are from spain here. 

And if they're here, that means they understand English. There's no reason to alienate the majority of the users here in favor of one language. Even if they're separated, there could very easily be games that end up only having guides in Spanish. If they were in English, everyone here could understand them, but since they wouldn't be, it would just be screwing over everyone else. All for no real reason.

If PSNP were to allow Spanish guides, it would need to allow guides in every language, which is just a ridiculously bad idea.

This is also a good point.

Edited by ExHaseo

Spanish is no different from any other language. If PSNP were to allow Spanish guides, it would need to allow guides in every language, which is just a ridiculously bad idea.

If we're ever going to start writing trophy guides in other languages, then I'm going to demand they start writing ones in Scottish dialect, Boontling jargon, and Traveller cant, because you know, got to be all-inclusive.

the only thing some people don't understand is that Spanish is in the top 3 most spoken languages in the world so it's not that pointless to make guides in Spanish (although there are many other Spanish forums where there are thousands of Spanish guides).

it would be pointless if they made guides in italian, french, german, etc because those languages are only spoken in just a couple of countries, while Spanish is spoken in more than 20 countries.

But why even do this? Did spanish become the new english without me noticing?

yes, i'm surprised that there are still some people who don't know that Spanish is in top 3 most spoken languages in the world...

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 3

yes, i'm surprised that there are still some people who don't know that Spanish is in top 3 most spoken languages in the world...

I'm surprised there's still people that think the new continent is the centre of the world and everyone should know every little thing that goes on there.

I live in europe, and as you can see spanish is spoken only in spain, here.

• Like 1

PSNP is an English oriented trophy website, so it's logical that the guides are all written in English.

Do you know where you can find Spanish guides? In Spanish trophy websites.

In Brazil we have mypst.com.br, there are Portuguese (BR) guides there. I don't use it because i don't like gaming (or playing) with the BRs, but if wanted to, i could.

• Like 3

I created this thread because I was reading the PSNProfiles: Writing a Guide and as you can see in this section, it says: 

• We currently only accept guides in English. If you are from non-English speaking country and are not completely fluent in English, then you need to find another person who is fluent in English that you can add as a contributor to your guide so they can help you out to be able to get your guide approved.

That word means that in the moment they accept guides in English, but in the future Sly can create a new update with guides in spanish.

Hey Pottercito, you might've forgotten, but we've told you this a couple of times already. Asking the same thing over and over again won't change the answer ;). Guides must be written in English.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

the only thing some people don't understand is that Spanish is in the top 3 most spoken languages in the world so it's not that pointless to make guides in Spanish (although there are many other Spanish forums where there are thousands of Spanish guides).

it would be pointless if they made guides in italian, french, german, etc because those languages are only spoken in just a couple of countries, while Spanish is spoken in more than 20 countries.

And yet, here you are, as a citizen of Spain and presumably a Spanish language speaker (if the flag of Spain on your profile is any indicator), carrying on a perfectly meaningful conversation in English. The owner of the site is a British citizen, the moderator staff are all either from the UK or the US, the Guide Team members all speak conversational level English, the majority of members here are from the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It's safe to say this is an English-speaking website. How many people are there from Spanish-speaking countries on the leaderboards, judging by country flags in profiles? Roughly 14,000, and I actually rounded up. How many people on the leaderboards, just from France alone? 98,000, and that's rounding down. If you want Spanish trophy guides, find a Spanish website. If you want French trophy guides, find a French one like where Aela was being impersonated at. Japan is actually the largest non-English speaking minority here, judging by the leaderboard numbers.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

There's probably spanish trophy hunting sites as well. Not trying to be offensive or rude, but if you want spanish guides why not go look there? Having guides in different languages here would only end up confusing people.

Edited by Happy