Witness this New Trophy List

DistantFox

Typical, inevitable trophy list thread. I don't know much about this game, and it looks like all the trophies but one will be either all story based or all missable. Anyway, doesn't look too bad unless some of the puzzles literally break your brain with confusion and kill you, then you couldn't plat it because you'd be dead. What do you guys think?

Edited by ryansvader
  • Like 4

Without a guide, it will potentially be 10/10. The developer has been hyping up a "puzzle that only 1% of people will solve", and it supposedly takes 100+ hours without a guide too. If one of the trophies is related to that puzzle, and it's randomized, this could end up being a 0-1% platinum.

• Like 2

I've been planning on getting this game since it got announced, the list basically looks like each trophy having you complete all puzzles in each area of the island until finally beating the game.

Without a guide, it will potentially be 10/10. The developer has been hyping up a "puzzle that only 1% of people will solve", and it supposedly takes 100+ hours without a guide too. If one of the trophies is related to that puzzle, and it's randomized, this could end up being a 0-1% platinum.

Hmm, this might be the "Challenge" trophy you're talking about, sounds quite challenging =O

I think this game could be much harder than a lot of people on this thread seem to think. We'll wait and see. I just remember that Blow has a sadistic mind when it comes to puzzles. I'm not sure that I believe him when he says that he's got a puzzle in there that only 1% of people will be able to solve, but I do believe that he would do his damnedest to include some nasty parts that leave you scratching your head for ages. 

As for the trophy list - it looks phoned in. Like someone at Sony called him up during certification and said

"Hey, Jonathan, you forgot to give us a trophy list."...

Haha, this probably isn't too far off to be honest xD

Reviews have been outstanding. And it looks like without a guide this game is not going to be a easy plat, or even that short.

Apparently a lot of the puZzles are insanely tough. And even without finishing all of them but making it to the end game is atleast 20-25 hours (maybe less with guide).

Basically as a previous poster said- 1/10 with guide 10/10 without I reckon. Either way it's not a short game.

I wish there were more trophies for The Witness. A few examples I could think of :-

Play all audio logs scattered throughout the island.

Play all videos in the theater room.

A trophy for finding all the hidden symbols and completing each black pillar.

Complete every single panel found on the island.

Turn the grey cloud white.