Sony's amazing Support - A story of love and betrayal starring Matt Damon

Happy

This is yet another reason why I'm giving strong consideration of no longer being a Sony customer (been one since '97) once I'm done with my PS3 backlog. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of all their anti-consumer practices such as this one! 

Hope you are not planning a migration to XBOX. Microsoft bans accounts for refund requests, they dont deny those, no sir, they ban them. How do you like that kind of customer service? haha

Edited by Last2Night

There's always Steam. Honestly, i probably would have switched to Steam a long time ago if it wasn't for my trophy collection. Now i've run myself into a corner and i don't want to start all over. I still love my consoles but i can't help but feel really betrayed here.

• Like 3

Console is a console, if you ever played it then PC will not satisfy you. We all own a PC, we use it to play games that are not available on consoles, but yet we spend majority of our gameplay time on consoles. Console is the only real Plug and Play experience.

Edited by Last2Night
  • Like 1

What's with this stupid Matt Damon meme?

By Sony logic it's not illegal unless you can 100% prove that Matt Damon wasn't involved, so i'm safe don't worry.

The title at the top of the topic???

34889-sonys-amazing-support-a-story-of-love-and-betrayal-starring-matt-damon/

Oh... i didn't noticed that before. He must've edited the title (last edit was a whole hour after opening the thread lol)

Didn't edit the title, it's just too long to show up on the main page.

Honestly, guys - a post by effdeegee is hardly worth this much reflection. LOL that anyone could possibly be "misled" by the citation of Matt Damon in the thread title (quite literally laughing out loud).

But anyway, par for the course for Sony. Honestly, their customer service is so inept as it is, it's hard to imagine them getting anything right (just read about some of the ridiculous suggestions they made when auto-updates didn't work for the PS3).

• Like 3

Dear Happy,

I feel sorry for you after reading this missadventure, but I have something funny to cheer you up that happened to me back then. Let me tell you the story:

pretty much, we all know what a fun (and tricky) game can be LittleBigPlanet, don't we? So I've decided to buy the LBP Marvel Edition, it was on sale, why I would let it escape? I've bought it, but when I've read around forums/topics that the DC Comics Level Pack was "missing" for Vita, I've held off.

Scouting and sneaking around the PS Store, I've eventually found this "LBP DC Comics Season Pass", the best scam Sony has ever made in its life. Why I say that? Because it's funny that you could trick your customers by slapping in the description that "you would (NOT) get the levels for Vita". Happy like a child during Xmas time opening his presents, I've bought this LittleBigScam.

Oh boy! My surprise was when those level were NOWHERE to be found: ingame store, download history, VIta store... nowhere! I've realized that I've just burned up 25€ (yes, 25€) for some mere levels. What I only got was... costumes? Kits? Useless (for me) like a cactus in the North Pole.

The next day, but with extraordinay calm, I've wrote an e-mail to Sony's marvelous customer service, which, unlikely the joy you see in LBP... it was hell in Earth, carefully explaining this issue. Off we go! After... 3 days (I was luckier than the OP), the reply just amazed me in so many ways: basically, they "understood" that I wasn't able to finish the game... with no mention of the DLC.

Guess it was better to talk with a real human in real-time rather than reading these "bot answers". So I've phoned Sony, waited approximately 5 minutes of that jazz music that was bleeding my ears, and here's the operator! I explain him the issue, saying that I've bought something that DOESN'T EXISTS for 25€. He asks me my e-mail, so I gave it to him. Got the same "we'll look into it" answer then the call ended.

Days of waiting... no e-mail yet. Second call, different "human". Re-explained the issue, same re-recorded answer, then "MAYBE" I would get an e-mail.

Ok, brace yourself, I've got this e-mail! Opened it up... and I was baffled: they gave me a link forwarding to the PS Store for LITTLEBIGPLANET3! No joke! LBP3! Well done Sony hiring well informed operators to your team, they don't even know what the hell I was refering to!

Well, I was pissed off, I've decided, this time, to record the next calls, so I would re-listen to them later, just to remind me how bad is this customers service. The next guy even asked me "do you have a PS Vita"! No s**t Sherlock! I was talking 'bout the Vita version since the beginning of the conversation!!!! Then he wanted my e-mail to check for my "history" and that's it! SAME-ANSWER-AS-BEFORE!

My last call was even funnier, because, by the time many other customers were complaiming (even in Sony's official forums) the DLC gone missing, I've sent to Sony e-mails with evidences of this issue, along with reports and pictures of the description in the webstore. Funny how the operator said: "Not all stores get the same contents!". Great job Genius! You know that this content WAS there before you pulled it off WITHOUT warning? Yet you advertise it in your store but it's a scam as big as the time it gets to unlock the 24 hours trophy in creative mode?

People was pestering Steven Isbell (the LBP coordinator), and, with my BIG relief, it was fixed.

So there you go, guys, here's another well satisfied customer that applaudes Sony for caring so much for their customers. Not even they shutdown servers for their exclusives (or leave them broken "a-là" Killzone 2), but they also deceitfully changed the description of the Season Pass this time so... you buy it, buy you get no LEVEL? You're in bad luck, because this time the text reads "ONLY KITS AND COSTUMES!"

Way to go, Sony!

Edited by LoStraniero91

Guess it was better to talk with a real human in real-time rather than reading these "bot answers". So I've phoned Sony, waited approximately 5 minutes of that jazz music that was bleeding my ears, and here's the operator! I explain him the issue, saying that I've bought something that DOESN'T EXISTS for 25€. He asks me my e-mail, so I gave it to him. Got the same "we'll look into it" answer then the call ended.

The music they play is great what are you talking about, i was jamming out to that stuff. Also i'm not Frank.

I've heard that music so many times that I was sick of it...

BTW I've fixed your name!

Weird thing is i remember it being more electric funk than jazz. Maybe they changed it. Sony does listen to consumers after all.

I've had this issue with Sony during the PS3 days. They deactivated all consoles for me and never batted an eye. Sounds like Frank is just a dick and you need to speak to someone higher than him. Did you call back asking for a supervisor?

If that doesn't work, go full on PC on them. Tell them that you're a racial minority and you find it discriminating that they do not believe your story. Tell them the conversation is being recorded. Ask for their extensions/employee ID numbers. The more accountable they are for their actions, the more anonymity you remove, the more inclined they are to go the extra mile.

In the end, you can just send me that $1000 check and I'll deactivate your account on my PS4. Until then, good luck with Sony.

Did you call back asking for a supervisor?

If that doesn't work, go full on PC on them. Tell them that you're a racial minority and you find it discriminating that they do not believe your story. Tell them the conversation is being recorded. Ask for their extensions/employee ID numbers. The more accountable they are for their actions, the more anonymity you remove, the more inclined they are to go the extra mile.

+100

You should always get through those steps, OP, they help 99% of the time.

Pretty crappy situation you got yourself into. As someone who used to work as a customer service center supervisor, I pretty much know that lower-tier CSR can be really inadequate and ill-prepared in some projects*. True, they can have a boatload of issues to deal with and therefore often resort to templates, but still, that is no excuse for bad customer service. Back at my old job, Frank would have gotten a red flag on the spot for refusing to help the customer. At least Steven was a lot more helpful. Let's see if you can finally get your issue sorted out.

Personally, I never had any big issues with the Portuguese Sony Customer Service. Since it's a lot bigger and they "have" to cut some corners to save up, maybe it's just the American/English customer support center that's really sucky. Most I ever had in here was when the Playstation got support for Brazilian Portuguese and my Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 Trophies all got converted to Brazilian Portuguese. Since it's very different from, um... "original" Portuguese, I'd much rather have them in English. I called customer support to ask them if they could do anything to change the language, but the agent said they couldn't (figures). In that case, I just wanted to leave a suggestion asking them to add an option to let us choose the language our trophies are presented in. No big deal, right?

Wrong. The guy flat out refused. He said it was useless, that I was Portuguese, so having the trophies in Brazilian Portuguese was no big deal. I was so pissed I spent around 45 minutes just arguing with the guy (and going nowhere). He just refused to acknowledge my claim, no matter how minor it was, to acknowledge that I might see things in a different way and did everything but call me an idiot for even wanting to change the language. Just like you, I tried calling again to see if someone else would be a little more helpful, or at least more friendly, and they were, they were all absolutely charming and did their damnedest to try and help me sort out my issue (in the end, they still couldn't, but at least they tried), while the first guy couldn't even write down a simple suggestion, or even just pretend to do so.

In the end, I managed to sort the problem out myself by changing my account language to English, backing up my data, deleting everything on my console, using my backup to restore everything and then re-syncing my trophy information. Clearly not using any language other than English ever again.

Other than this, I actually have a great story with regards to my local Sony customer service, which I'm still astonished about. Remember the PSOne monitors? I got one back in the day (about 12 years ago) because I had no TV in my room and just wanted to play my PS1 games in peace in my room. After a while, the screen started going on the fritz, so I called Sony tech support to ask if they could repair it, but they said they didn't repair that specific equipment. I was kinda bummed out about it, but about 6 months later, they just called me out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted a brand new monitor completely free of charge. I obviously said yes, so they traveled 700 km from their warehouse in Madrid to Lisbon just to give it to me. The next day, they arrived, took my old fritzy monitor and just gave me the brand new one. I still have it and as far as I know, it still works (haven't used it in quite a while). They were probably going to throw all of their stock away and remembered that it would be kind of a waste since I wanted my old one repaired, but still, I dare you to find such selfless customer service anywhere.

In short, I don't really have much to complain about regarding my local Sony customer service, but from all I've been reading here in the forums, looks like the English-speaking community isn't so lucky, Though in both places, it does seem you have to be a bit lucky with your CSR if you want to get your issues sorted out. They really should try and get all of their agents to be more on the same page.

*You should see the amazon customer support, I rarely get my issue sorted out on the first contact. Only after I raise my tone (something I hate to do and only do so after witnessing total incompetence) do they provide an actual answer. At least their tier 2 agents are fast and reliable, I guess...

Edited by jrdemr

I've had enough of terrible customer service... Had too many problems with it, a while back EA banned my origin account for getting hacked and problem never got solved until Amazon gave me a full refund of all my EA games.

Whenever I contact Sony, wait in the queue for almost an hour and get a straight middle finger telling me my situation can't be resolved. Great games and console but absolute appalling service.

Hope your situation gets resolved soon, none of it was even your fault and solving it doesn't even harm Sony in anyway - they're just being idiots.

I've had this issue with Sony during the PS3 days. They deactivated all consoles for me and never batted an eye. Sounds like Frank is just a dick and you need to speak to someone higher than him. Did you call back asking for a supervisor?

In the end, you can just send me that $1000 check and I'll deactivate your account on my PS4. Until then, good luck with Sony.

LOL. This reminds me of Homer's way of getting out of jury duty: