Sony's amazing Support - A story of love and betrayal starring Matt Damon

Happy

*You should see the amazon customer support, I rarely get my issue sorted out on the first contact. Only after I raise my tone (something I hate to do and only do so after witnessing total incompetence) do they provide an actual answer. At least their tier 2 agents are fast and reliable, I guess...

Dude, Amazon customer service is absolutely amazing. It might suck in your region, however in Canada its nothing else but perfect. They refund right away without any investigation involved. My every single order that does not arrive on time has 100% immediate shipping refund.

I even had once a situation when i was going on vacation and needed something with me, so i ordered that particular item with a shipping option of next day arrival however it arrived on the second day. I've contacted their support on night between the first and the second days, told them that i needed that item for my vacation and without any delay got a full refund (item+shipping). Now the thing is i got the item on the next day, when i got back from vacation i contacted them again and said that i have the item and would like to pay for it, the support person thanked me for being honest and charged me the price of that item (no shipping was charged). And by the way, i am yet to call them, all my refunds were received via Chat support. Not to mention that all my other issues not related to payments were 100% solved on my first contact via chat. 

Now isnt that a perfect customer service?

Edited by Last2Night

Dude, Amazon customer service is absolutely amazing. It might suck in your region, however in Canada its nothing else but perfect. They refund right away without any investigation involved. My every single order that does not arrive on time has 100% immediate shipping refund.

I even had once a situation when i was going on vacation and needed something with me, so i ordered that particular item with a shipping option of next day arrival however it arrived on the second day. I've contacted their support on night between the first and the second days, told them that i needed that item for my vacation and without any delay got a full refund (item+shipping). Now the thing is i got the item on the next day, when i got back from vacation i contacted them again and said that i have the item and would like to pay for it, the support person thanked me for being honest and charged me the price of that item (no shipping was charged). And by the way, i am yet to call them, all my refunds were received via Chat support. Not to mention that all my other issues not related to payments were 100% solved on my first contact via chat. 

In the USA, Amazon customer service has never, ever let me down. I've used Amazon thoroughly for the good part of the last decade and I have never had a problem with their customer service. No hassle returns, expedited shipping, etc etc. I fully agree.

It is true that they pose no problems whatsoever when asking for refunds or solving any more "concrete" problems with your order, but when asking for more specific information regarding specific items or services, their tier 1 agents can be really dense, or at least they are on the amazon UK customer service. Maybe I should have been clearer.

You guys really need to call the cable companies or the telephone telecom companies (both supply your internet connection).

If you want bottom of the barrel customer service, those companies would be the one to contact.

It utterly amazes me how a company like Amazon can get countless shipping addresses right, responds to thousands upon thousands of customer complaints in timely fashion, is able to give you a full refund of a product that you returned, etc etc etc etc.

Then on the other hand you have Comcast, a company that charges a different monthly bill every time, hangs up on customers asking the most trivial of questions, throttles your internet connection, initiates a server outage without question, etc etc etc etc.

It starts from the top down. You get idiots up near the top, things are probably going to start downhill.

You guys really need to call the cable companies or the telephone telecom companies (both supply your internet connection).

If you want bottom of the barrel customer service, those companies would be the one to contact.

It utterly amazes me how a company like Amazon can get countless shipping addresses right, responds to thousands upon thousands of customer complaints in timely fashion, is able to give you a full refund of a product that you returned, etc etc etc etc.

Then on the other hand you have Comcast, a company that charges a different monthly bill every time, hangs up on customers asking the most trivial of questions, throttles your internet connection, initiates a server outage without question, etc etc etc etc.

It starts from the top down. You get idiots up near the top, things are probably going to start downhill.

I've had Wowway for cable and internet for 12 years and they've been nothing short of amazing. They have provided reliable services the entire time, communicate throughout any changes, like Disney jacking the cable rates through ESPN, and have always had great rates. The only times I have needed to contact them is moving, canceling a service between jobs, adding services and when i had questions about whether it was better to go with a cablecard in my TiVo or just keep the straight coaxial service. Tech is friendly and got me good answers and customer service has been quick and accurate. Not all cable companies are as shitty as Comcast and don't deserve to be lumped in. 

I've had Wowway for cable and internet for 12 years and they've been nothing short of amazing. They have provided reliable services the entire time, communicate throughout any changes, like Disney jacking the cable rates through ESPN, and have always had great rates. The only times I have needed to contact them is moving, canceling a service between jobs, adding services and when i had questions about whether it was better to go with a cablecard in my TiVo or just keep the straight coaxial service. Tech is friendly and got me good answers and customer service has been quick and accurate. Not all cable companies are as shitty as Comcast and don't deserve to be lumped in. 

Wow I'm jealous.

Washington State screwed themselves because outside of Comcast, you really don't have many good choices, if at all. We're tied down by monopolies.

Out where you live and over back east you have more choices and options. For me it's like I'm having to deal with problems every single month because I know I live in monopoly given territory, when it's the only game in town they are going to charge high prices for a low quality product.

I've had some issues with Sony Customer Support over the years, but none of them were anything really serious so I thank the heavens for that. But, yes they don't seem really enthused about helping people solve their problems.

A shame they don't use some of that PS Plus money to improve customer service.....

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid

I've had an issue with Sony and PSN that's been going on since December 2015. Every time I attempt a purchase, it tells me it can't process the transaction from PSN Store online. I attempt the same thing on PS4 and it tells me my credit card is not valid.

I called customer support and the support guy says "it's been flagged for fraud" hence the payment can't go through. Nothing's changed about the billing address. The guy tells me, "There's nothing I can do at this point." I get pissed and asked, "Well, can you have me speak to someone who can?" He then says, "No one in this building would be able to lift the fraud flag." I then tell him that I'm ending the call and I give them a terrible customer satisfaction review.

Sony seriously needs to make it easier to purchase things on their PSN store.

Glad to hear it's been fixed. That sounds almost exactly like what they requested from me, when I had a bum online pass code for Starhawk. Except it was pics of the receipt and code, no proof of ID was needed. Unfortunately, I didn't get Angelina afterwards.. Said there was nothing they could after all that, and to contact the seller. 

In this case, it was Amazon. They gave me a refund, said to keep the game, and said I could order another copy with 2-day shipping and they'd refund the shipping(which I decided not to, for fear of just getting another expired code). So, I have no complaints with Amazon either. They're awesome. 

It always warms the cockels of my heart to know that Sony have been doing what they do best as usual....fucking over their loyal customers.

I'm surprised they didn't ask charge a $50 sum for resolving the issue.

"For the players"- closing all their games' servers, banning accounts with bank problems, can't put the correct images for products on the PS Store, uncontrollable timing outs from the download list. All courtesy of Sony. We have a lot to be grateful for guys :) 

Excellent, congratulations recovering your account. I experienced half good half bad customer service when I needed to upgrade storage for my ps4, one representative told that if i replace HD with some 2Gb or higher I was going to burn the system. Then another representative (a woman this time) helped me out.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Happy, I am so glad your issue was resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing, it has given me a glimmer of hope.

I have never had a good experience calling Sony CS. Not only do I not get a resolution but I end up frustrated on top!

My latest issue was with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have had the game and the DLC for years but decided to finish it last year. Unfortunately I had switched from a fatboy to a slim and tried to download the DLC again unsuccessfully. The DLC doesn't show in the store but it does show in my history and when I select download something does download but nothing ever showed in game.

I called Sony 4 times and was told everything from restart my system to clear my memory to I am not downloading properly (wtf?) I finally got someone competent the fourth call who told me Activision lost the license and it was no longer available, EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT THE DLC WHEN ACTIVISIONS LICENSE WAS STILL ACTIVE!

Moral of the story: Avoid buying digital to the extent possible and Sony CS sucks mountain oysters. But even Sony CS is nowhere near as bad as EA. I could write a book on their ineptitude. . .

My latest issue was with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have had the game and the DLC for years but decided to finish it last year. Unfortunately I had switched from a fatboy to a slim and tried to download the DLC again unsuccessfully. The DLC doesn't show in the store but it does show in my history and when I select download something does download but nothing ever showed in game.

I called Sony 4 times and was told everything from restart my system to clear my memory to I am not downloading properly (wtf?) I finally got someone competent the fourth call who told me Activision lost the license and it was no longer available, EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT THE DLC WHEN ACTIVISIONS LICENSE WAS STILL ACTIVE!

Well, this is nonsense since all delisted content for the other titles is still available for use... are you sure you got only the DLC and not the compatibility pack?