Sony's amazing Support - A story of love and betrayal starring Matt Damon

Happy

Can you escalate it? 

I suppose i could either sue Sony or keep calling them until i reach somebody nicer than Frank. As somebody who studies this field of law it's unlikely that i'd win in court since Sony reserves the right to not do shit when i ask them for help. Continuing to call them could result in them getting so pissed at me that they just delete my account so i don't feel like risking that.

• Like 1

I suppose i could either sue Sony or keep calling them until i reach somebody nicer than Frank. As somebody who studies this field of law it's unlikely that i'd win in court since Sony reserves the right to not do shit when i ask them for help. Continuing to call them could result in them getting so pissed at me that they just delete my account so i don't feel like risking that.

I meant escalate it according to their processes. I wouldn't want to risk my account either! And yeah, unfortunately, their membership - their rules. 

I've had better experience with their support myself, although it's only ever been minor shit like a game being up for a few hours at the wrong price. 

Going outside the rules can sometimes work though. There was that one time that Sony was on Watchdog - a consumer rights TV show - here in the UK. The feature was about how victims of a hack were not refunded for the money that the hacker spent while logged in to their account. In that case, Sony acknowledged that it was hacked when they dealt with the customer but still said "sorry, but fuck you" until the show threatened to give them bad press. They then "reviewed his case" and gave him a refund. 

Not saying you should try to do that necessarily, as they could react by deleting your account if you got threatening... 

Yeah, that sucks real bad. That's why you don't leave your date of birth hanging out in public view because if someone gets into your email like that, they can use that and your email address to get your PSN by the digital balls. Surprised they didn't switch your password and really fuck you over. Anyways, cheer up with this moment of levity:

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

Sony makes me so mad sometimes. Their customer service is complete shit, and if you escalate the case, they just delete your account. Which isn't worth doing if you have digital games.

... this has to be the biggest pile of bull crap i've heard this year. And it's only February!

Anyway, i had a similar (activations-related, but no hacking) issue back in 2014. My fat PS3 died, so i bought a new one... well i couldn't deactivate the old one, even from the Sony site. I didn't use the "6 months" feature before, yet the site told me that i used it. However my account wasn't compromised. After a couple of phone calls, and after giving all my account informations (including serials for both PS3s) they reset the activations before the 6 months.

The dumbest moment was when, a couple of months earlier/later, one of my PS3 digital titles disappeared from my account, and before i could manage to get it back, i was asked to restore my PS4 to factory settings.

• Like 1

... this has to be the biggest pile of bull crap i've heard this year. And it's only February!

Anyway, i had a similar (activations-related, but no hacking) issue back in 2014. My fat PS3 died, so i bought a new one... well i couldn't deactivate the old one, even from the Sony site. I didn't use the "6 months" feature before, yet the site told me that i used it. However my account wasn't compromised. After a couple of phone calls, and after giving all my account informations (including serials for both PS3s) they reset the activations before the 6 months.

The dumbest moment was when, a couple of months earlier/later, one of my PS3 digital titles disappeared from my account, and before i could manage to get it back, i was asked to restore my PS4 to factory settings.

I actually read a whole lot of stories like that online during my research. There's a massive amount of people reporting that they can't use the reset despite never using it and i'm having trouble believing that all these accounts were hacked. Add onto that that the person allegedly logged into my account never did anything with it, even though i had a decent sum of money on it for some time now and i'm not really sold that my account was compromised in the first place. Maybe it's all some weird technical error on Sonys side, they already had technical issues when i contacted them.

• Like 1

To be honest, that other guy won't access your account anymore if you changed the pw! :P

Maybe it's all some weird technical error on Sonys side, they already had technical issues when i contacted them.

This is the funny part I think!

To be honest, that other guy won't access your account anymore if you changed the pw! :P

It honestly wouldn't even bother me if he did. He put in the work and it doesn't affect me so he may as well. It only bothers me that Sony knows about it and has made the active decision to not care.

• Like 1

I dont think its legal to delete an account despite all their EULA parts concerning reserved rights of doing anything they want to, its not a signed piece of paper so EULA can be easily avoided in court. Have you consulted a lawyer regarding Sony deleting your account? I dont see how you could lose this case if it gets to court hearing. So basically escalation to a point of account deletion will bring you an easy sue option.

Edited by Last2Night

I dont think its legal to delete an account despite all their EULA parts concerning reserved rights of doing anything they want to, its not a signed piece of paper so EULA can be easily avoided in court. Have you consulted a lawyer regarding Sony deleting your account? I dont see how you could lose this case if it gets to court hearing. So basically escalation to a point of account deletion will bring you an easy sue option.

The problem isn't that their rules say "we don't have to do shit", but rather that there's no legal basis for my claim to fix my account. The only potential basis for that could be a wide interpretation of their rules, arguing that customer support didn't actually try to help me but that's going really far out there. 

Basically i can't sue anybody if they didn't hurt my rights and there's nothing that gives me any absolute right for my devices to be deactivated so Sony didn't technically hurt me. Again i could reach really far out and argue that the guy that hacked into my account illegally represented myself and Sony has to reverse the actions he's taken as he did it illegally. But that's really risky and this matter still isn't really big enough for me to go to court over it.

Using Matt Damon's name to increase the potential appeal for your complaining is not only misleading and illegal, but super lame.

By Sony logic it's not illegal unless you can 100% prove that Matt Damon wasn't involved, so i'm safe don't worry.

The problem isn't that their rules say "we don't have to do shit", but rather that there's no legal basis for my claim to fix my account. The only potential basis for that could be a wide interpretation of their rules, arguing that customer support didn't actually try to help me but that's going really far out there. 

Basically i can't sue anybody if they didn't hurt my rights and there's nothing that gives me any absolute right for my devices to be deactivated so Sony didn't technically hurt me. Again i could reach really far out and argue that the guy that hacked into my account illegally represented myself and Sony has to reverse the actions he's taken as he did it illegally. But that's really risky and this matter still isn't really big enough for me to go to court over it.

Im not talking about your current issue which i find somewhat unsolvable by Sony, you've been hacked and thats not their fault dont you agree? Yes they could have went that extra yard towards you and reset the deactivation time, but they didnt have to and didnt or should i say Frank didnt, however thats not illegal.

In fact i responded on your statement that further attempts on resolving the issue could get your account deleted removing your ownership from all digital content you paid for and that is 100% a sue case, my friend. Thats what i responded on, my apologies if i didnt make it clear enough.