Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

I'm so close I can taste it :D

At the beginning of February and have all S. Links except Hunger (9) maxed.

Fused all personas except Magatsu-Izanagi, which I hope I have a chance to fuse on 3/20.

Other than that, just the fight against Margaret is left and I'm done :D

Yup. Immediately after Hunger gets rank 10, you will be able to fuse Maga.

• Like 1

Update: I thought I was on the 4th dungeon, but I wasn't. Im supposed to save Naoto. Okay, so I went into the 6th dungeon, and I'm massively underleveled. So it will be a huge grind. Does anyone remember which personas they used to defeat the boss? While I'm leveling, I might as well level up the right personas, too.

I'm a Hardcore Risette Fan! :yay:

Update: I thought I was on the 4th dungeon, but I wasn't. Im supposed to save Naoto. Okay, so I went into the 6th dungeon, and I'm massively underleveled. So it will be a huge grind. Does anyone remember which personas they used to defeat the boss? While I'm leveling, I might as well level up the right personas, too.

I'm pretty sure that boss can use all 4 basic elements, so there's no perfect strategy for it. You may want to look for a persona that guards against multiple elements, or at least has no weakness to the 4 (I'm still using Black Frost, he absorbs both fire & ice).

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

Congraaaaats! :D

Persona doesn't really matter, just use the one you like =D

It's about skills :)

I used Yamata-no-Orochi because that guy is my tied spirit but using any high level Persona with a few resistances is recommendable =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

Got the platinum last night! Second time through was just as good as the first. It's been 3 years and 160 hours of gametime since I started Persona 4 and it was all worth it :D

I'll keep an eye on this thread if anyone needs help. Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! This game is definitely one of the best JRPGs ever made! Edited by jantrick2
  • Like 1

I would like to join this event. Getting back into the game after more than a year's break. Tried to remember where I was, and I figured out why I stopped playing. I couldn't defeat a boss and couldn't miss out on a day. I think I at the 3rd or 4th dungeon.

EDIT: Defeated the Baby, which is optional, and for the life of me I can't remember why I'm where I'm at. I might just have to play the game and see where that leads, wish me luck!

I just started the other day.

Can I join in?

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

Got the platinum last night! Second time through was just as good as the first. It's been 3 years and 160 hours of gametime since I started Persona 4 and it was all worth it :D

I'll keep an eye on this thread if anyone needs help. Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the fourth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2

Just got Hardcore Risette Fan.

Huh.

Got it on my first playthrough in Secret Lab. Certainly did not expect to get it so early, especially when I wasn't really going out of my way to get it. All I did was ensure I got Rise's lines whenever a party member got an ailment and gave Naoto a few chances to hit multiple targets at once. Other than that, I just played normally. True, I did switch my party members often, but then again, I already did that when I played Personas 3 and 4 on the PS2, so...

With this one out of the way, it's just a matter of time before I get the platinum trophy! :lol:

• Like 3

Okay, here's my current progress:

• I'm currently at December 20th (True Ending route), getting ready to enter the next dungeon.
  • I also just caught the Sea Guardian, & also never wish to fish again. :P
  • If I'm not mistaken, I also have all the books too, I just haven't read them yet.
  • Trophy Progress: 38/50, Playtime: 64 hr, 6 m

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

Hey, why'd they get a greeting message but I didn't?! :P

Edited by Masamune

I guess you could add me to the list too, I got P4G a while back, but I wanted to save it for at least plat #20, so I'll be starting this either tonight or tomorrow (although it's not like I never played Persona 4 before, I did the PS2 version multiple times). :yay: I'm hoping I'll be able to knock out Hardcore Risette Fan on my first run, I heard that progress towards that doesn't carry over to NG+, correct?

Also, if it matters, I'll be playing it on my new account (Masamune-XIII), not my old one (Masamune_316). :P

Hey, why'd they get a greeting message but I didn't?! :P

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun. :dance:

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the forth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Well as a huge fan of the series, I'm proooobably a little biased :awesome:, but yes it deserves its hype.

My second playthrough really held up well, and part of that is due to the benefits of NG+, and part of it is having a nice 2 year gap between playthroughs (I expect that's how I'll handle 5 as well when that comes out).  While I like the combat in Persona 4, it's not what I came back for when I replayed it, so it was great to turn everything to easy and just enjoy the story again.

I think that in terms of Gameplay, it's really hard to argue that Persona 4 Golden isn't the best of the series, but there is certainly a case to be made that the stories of the Persona 2 duology or Persona 3 are better, but that's a matter of taste, and I'm not even sure where I sit in that debate.

I love the game.  It was worth all the time I've put into it and then some.

Edited by Komrade_Konrad
  • Like 2

Haha, I didn't even get to the next dungeon yet, I've spent today just doing quests (which isn't required for the plat), & messing around with fusion. xD

At least I got one of my end-game Personas again though: :yay:

tLU81GC.jpg

This is another one I was fond of using in the PS2 version, he was mainly my healer back then though. I'm trying to do a type of hybrid version now (there isn't enough skill slots! >_<), I'm trying to decide if I should get rid of Samarecarm for Salvation once he hits LV83 soon. :hmm:

Edited by Masamune

This is another one I was fond of using in the PS2 version, he was mainly my healer back then though. I'm trying to do a type of hybrid version now (there isn't enough skill slots! >_<), I'm trying to decide if I should get rid of Samarecarm for Salvation once he hits LV83 soon. :hmm:

Salvation is the best skill, don't even doubt it =D

Also, not enough repel/null skills :awesome:

I think that in terms of Gameplay, it's really hard to argue that Persona 4 Golden isn't the best of the series, but there is certainly a case to be made that the stories of the Persona 2 duology or Persona 3 are better, but that's a matter of taste, and I'm not even sure where I sit in that debate.

I believe most of us agree that P3 is better =D

Salvation is the best skill, don't even doubt it =D

Also, not enough repel/null skills :awesome:

I believe most of us agree that P3 is better =D

Yeah, but I figured once I start getting more of the end game Personas, they'd cover the other elements with their default stats. Like I said, there's not enough skill slots. xD

I really enjoyed P3, that was my first Persona game (FES), & what got me interested in the series. Personally, the only thing I didn't care for was the ending, I think I didn't like the extra "Answer" story much either. :hmm:

I really enjoyed P3, that was my first Persona game (FES), & what got me interested in the series. Personally, the only thing I didn't care for was the ending, I think I didn't like the extra "Answer" story much either. :hmm:

That was the case with me, I first got into Persona with the original Persona 3. Chihiro(Justice) was my first Social Link I maxed and it was so romantic how the main character got together with the goofy glasses-wearing Student Council member. I still think to this day that whenever a Persona main maxes out his social link with a girl, he's getting laid. :D

Anyways, I wonder what P5 will offer to the table. I know for sure there will be a ton of romantic options. Did you know that there was a Yosuke romance option in the beta of Persona 4 that was dropped for fear of homophobes? Found that out in the Did You Know Gaming video of Persona.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I was just able to take-out a Reaper, I wasn't expecting that till NG+, I got an awesome weapon for the MC as a reward too. :yay:

Nah, Orochi with Null Physical, Absorb Wind and Absorb Fire and you have absolute defense :awesome:

Well, except for Light, Darkness, & Almighty attacks. :P But I like Repel Physical rather than Null.

I join it too! Persona 4 is my first PSV game and I play day and night during that time. But when I got the bad ending, i gave up because its story is too long. And i play another game soon. Now, I must make it Platinum to commemorate my first Vita game! 

I'm in. I want to play it and finally finish it before P5 comes out. This will be the time!

Any more word on a release date for P5? Is Atlus still saying mid 2016?

Hi, your trophy card can show the trophy and the trophy data, how to achieve it? thanks!

• Like 1

Did you know that there was a Yosuke romance option in the beta of Persona 4 that was dropped for fear of homophobes? Found that out in the Did You Know Gaming video of Persona.

That was one trivia I wanted to forget...

Well, except for Light, Darkness, & Almighty attacks. :P But I like Repel Physical rather than Null.

KOs are boring, no need to defend against them :awesome:

And not like you can actually defend against Almighty attacks like in SMT =D

Repel is risky... iirc repel against repel enemy hits you in the end.

Repel is risky... iirc repel against repel enemy hits you in the end.

I'm pretty sure if an enemy with repel hits you, it'll reflect back but he'll just block it. At least that's how it is when I attack, you think it's be the same with enemies too.