Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Nice, congrats :yay:. Yeah Adachi will reach rank 10 when you receive a letter from him on the last day, with the letter becoming the key item needed to create the strongest persona from the Hunger card.

Thanks! I'm near the end of my 2nd playthrough. I still have a few trophies left :

- 2 fusions (Magatsu Izanagi and Izanagi no Okami)

- read all the books

- get 250 navigation lines

- defeat the true end hidden boss

- 8 skill cards

I don't want to bother getting all the social links again in my 3rd playthrough. Can someone confirm that this will lead me to the true end hidden boss?

Max out Margaret, Marie and Adachi.

Don't throw weird guy into the TV.

Tell the Investigation Team about Adachi.

Confront Adachi alone on 12/07 (Jester -> Hunger)

On 2/13, complete Marie's dungeon.

On 3/20, talk to people with max S.Links, Go to Junes instead of going home.

Talk to Dojima, talk to Margaret. Go back in the Velvet Room and talk once more.

Go to Heaven, defeat the blue b*tch.

Gloat about your new plat.

Thanks! I'm near the end of my 2nd playthrough. I still have a few trophies left :

- read all the books

- 8 skill cards

I don't want to bother getting all the social links again in my 3rd playthrough. Can someone confirm that this will lead me to the true end hidden boss?

Talk to Dojima, talk to Margaret. Go back in the Velvet Room and talk once more.

Yup, definitely leads to the true ending.

Though... if you don't have Risette Fan, books and mainly IzaOka, it will not lead to the Plat :D

I'm not sure about Marge, though... I don't know if she's just NG locked or True Ending locked...

Depending on the actual condition, you may not be able to challenge her on True Ending route.

Yup, definitely leads to the true ending.

Though... if you don't have Risette Fan, books and mainly IzaOka, it will not lead to the Plat :D

I'm not sure about Marge, though... I don't know if she's just NG locked or True Ending locked...

Depending on the actual condition, you may not be able to challenge her on True Ending route.

I'll get those along the way :P

I read somewhere that Marge needs max S.Link + having already seen the True Ending in the previous playthrough + being on the True Ending for the current playthrough + defeating all optional bosses. So she's both NG locked AND True Ending locked. Hence the B-word.

- read all the books

- 8 skill cards

Nice, you can fuse Magatsu Izanami after obtaining the letter.

I thought the only requirement to fight Margaret was to complete the game with True Ending and be on the True Ending route during the second playthrough. :hmm:.

Nice, you can fuse Magatsu Izanami after obtaining the letter.

I thought the only requirement to fight Margaret was to complete the game with True Ending and be on the True Ending route during the second playthrough. :hmm:.

Those are the requirements to be on True End route :) Except maybe for the Marie part but I don't want to have to start again because I didn't do it.

Plus, I'll have plenty of time in the 3rd playthrough, I can max her S.Link, just in case. And I'm not sure about Adachi either.

I'll get those along the way :P

I read somewhere that Marge needs max S.Link + having already seen the True Ending in the previous playthrough + being on the True Ending for the current playthrough + defeating all optional bosses. So she's both NG locked AND True Ending locked. Hence the B-word.

#basedMarge, not making it easy for anyone :awesome:

Plus, I'll have plenty of time in the 3rd playthrough, I can max her S.Link, just in case. And I'm not sure about Adachi either.

Well, if you saved all special Personas, maxing her S.Link is just a matter of one day =D

You should probably max Adachi just to be sure.

#basedMarge, not making it easy for anyone :awesome:

Well, if you saved all special Personas, maxing her S.Link is just a matter of one day =D

You should probably max Adachi just to be sure.

Yeah, and I'll add Rise too, for Navigation Lines purpose.

Well, people actually claim that it's better to have Risecchi on lower S-link...

But dunno, I got it on level 99 with maxed Risecchi because Risecchi 2nd best girl xD

But I still need Weakness Scan to get a good chunk of lines.

I'm at 93 lines right now, mostly from KO, low health and encountering strong enemies.

Next thing is to grind status lines in Mitsuo's dungeon, get Weakness Scan and finish this trophy.

I've finally managed to go back to the beginning of February with all social links maxed out. I had to start over twice because either Kou or Ai were not available anymore on the last few days. Honestly, it was a major pain and I had to fight the urge to throw my Vita out the window several times.

Now, just to be sure, Adachi is the only one still at Rank 9 and he will rank up on 03/20, right? Or did I screw up somewhere again?

Nice, congrats :yay:. Yeah Adachi will reach rank 10 when you receive a letter from him on the last day, with the letter becoming the key item needed to create the strongest persona from the Hunger card.

Did you make sure that you visited him at night now and then. He sometimes appears near the gas station at night and you can do a social link event with him. If you got the Jester Link to Level 6 before November when

Nanako gets kidnapped

, you'll be fine - the remaining levels come automatically. If that event happens and Jester is Level 5 or less, you're SOL. Make sure to check the gas station at night often and don't neglect checking for Adachi then. I made that mistake in my first play of the game and didn't get Jester past Level 9 at the end of the game so I just restarted the game and tried again. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Did you make sure that you visited him at night now and then. He sometimes appears near the gas station at night and you can do a social link event with him. If you got the Jester Link to Level 6 before November when

Nanako gets kidnapped

, you'll be fine - the remaining levels come automatically. If that event happens and Jester is Level 5 or less, you're SOL. Make sure to check the gas station at night often and don't neglect checking for Adachi then. I made that mistake in my first play of the game and didn't get Jester past Level 9 at the end of the game so I just restarted the game and tried again. :(

I got all social links at the end of my second playthrough but I had to reload a previous save because I got stuck at Rank 9. It's true that Ranks 7 and 8 come automatically, but you have to go see Adachi alone on 12/07 for his card to transform into Hunger. Otherwise, you won't get Max S.Link with him.

Nanako gets kidnapped

If the Jester card turns into the Hunger card on the True Ending route, you're guaranteed to max it out.

Finished 2nd playthrough last night!!! Haven't synced trophies yet, but got the true ending, beat Margaret (tougher than I expected), did Marie dungeon (easier than I expected), maxed out all social links, completed 100% compendium. So now I still need one more playthrough. I didn't get the true ending my first playthrough so this one unlocked a couple of things for me. Now I just need the Big Bro Is Worried trophy and to create Izanagi-No-Okami and I have the platinum. Obviously I don't need a full playthrough, but I'll still probably end up beating the game again just cause I don't wanna leave an incomplete save file on my memory card for this beautiful, beautiful game. I'm gonna wait to do platinum it though.. one, I just need a break; and two, I want to save it for platinum #30.

BTW that ending was definitely not what I expected. The guide for max social links purposefully leaves out a lot of info and I'm happy it did so I was able to play without expecting any of that to happen. I thought you just figure out who the culprit is, then Marie stuff, and then things pretty much end... and then a whole 'nother set of events transpired. So good job on the guide  :yay:

Hey, what do you know, Marge is just NG+ locked =D

You just provided a valuable info without even knowing :D

Yea I was wondering about that too. I didn't expect to fight her til the next playthrough based on the guides I've seen, but then all of a sudden she asked me to fight her!!...... and then kicked my ass

• Like 1

Hey, what do you know, Marge is just NG+ locked =D

You just provided a valuable info without even knowing :D

That's weird because I got Normal End on my 1st run and True End with all Social Links maxed out on my 2nd run and Margaret still wouldn't talk to me :/

Edit : Nah, I'm the stupid one. I didn't beat any optional bosses on my 2nd run.

Edited by PoupiMyu

That's weird because I got Normal End on my 1st run and True End with all Social Links maxed out on my 2nd run and Margaret still wouldn't talk to me :/

Have you beaten all optional bosses on your 2nd run?

Edit: Ah, you did not :D Yea, that's it =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Edit : Nah, I'm the stupid one. I didn't beat any optional bosses on my 2nd run.

You can reload an save of the while before/the day that you can fight Margaret. I forgot about the optional bosses too and did all of the ones I still missed on 3/20. After doing so, I was still able to fight her even though all guides I found state that you have to have defeated all optional bosses BEFORE 3/20. :)

You can reload an save of the while before/the day that you can fight Margaret. I forgot about the optional bosses too and did all of the ones I still missed on 3/20. After doing so, I was still able to fight her even though all guides I found state that you have to have defeated all optional bosses BEFORE 3/20. :)

I'm doing that in my 3rd run because I wanted to grind navigation lines at the same time :)

And I'm officially a Hardcore Rise Fan! I got my trophy on the 250th line "Looking sharp, Chie-senpai" and those lines are all from random mob fights, not boss fights, which is quite strange because I've already fought Shadow Mitsuo and Shadow Teddie and they are both supposed to add 2 lines each to the tally (and I'm pretty sure I heard those lines). Do boss lines really count toward the trophy?

• Like 1

I'm doing that in my 3rd run because I wanted to grind navigation lines at the same time :)

And I'm officially a Hardcore Rise Fan! I got my trophy on the 250th line "Looking sharp, Chie-senpai" and those lines are all from random mob fights, not boss fights, which is quite strange because I've already fought Shadow Mitsuo and Shadow Teddie and they are both supposed to add 2 lines each to the tally (and I'm pretty sure I heard those lines). Do boss lines really count toward the trophy?

Everthing about that trophy is so vague. Lots of people say certain lines do count towards the 250, other says they don't. You should just be happy you got it and don't ask questions :awesome:.

• Like 4

I think boss lines do count, because I got HRF popped from one of the Kunino-sagiri lines in my Japanese playthrough. NG+ resets the count though, because in my NA playthrough I got HRF after hearing a status ailment line for Chie which I already heard in previous playthroughs.

I think boss lines do count, because I got HRF popped from one of the Kunino-sagiri lines in my Japanese playthrough. NG+ resets the count though, because in my NA playthrough I got HRF after hearing a status ailment line for Chie which I already heard in previous playthroughs.

I've been searching a lot of info on HRF and this trophy is just full of contradictions. People saying you should try to wear different costumes and talk to Rise, take into account the lines said outside of battles, to not take them into account, that lines carry over, that they don't.

Like Lucas said, I should just be happy that I got it and that the plat is basically mine.