Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Well, Rise has joined the party for me, now it seems that the nightmare starts. This trophy brings a lot of discussion, huh? Searching about in other foruns, players are always like: "No, scan doesn't work", "Yes, it does", "Yup, your progression does carry over ng+", '"no, it doens't", "This one it's easy", "this is the most terrible trophy ever", haha. I just hope that I can earn it soon @.@

One advice. Completely forget anything you read =D

Do it your own way =D

• Like 1

Well, Rise has joined the party for me, now it seems that the nightmare starts. This trophy brings a lot of discussion, huh? Searching about in other foruns, players are always like: "No, scan doesn't work", "Yes, it does", "Yup, your progression does carry over ng+", '"no, it doens't", "This one it's easy", "this is the most terrible trophy ever", haha. I just hope that I can earn it soon @.@

That's what I hated about this trophy too. The only thing everyone seems to agree with is that lines spoken during battles count. But that didn't stop me from trying on all the available costumes, scanning, and talking to Rise in dungeons. The trophy popped during a battle in the first playthrough, so I don't know if doing all those things contributed.

only the lines spoken during battle count, except for scanning. and progress doesn't carry over through the next playthrough.

I know this specifically because I've literally wrote down the 250 lines I needed for the trophy and I got it exactly on the 250th line.

only the lines spoken during battle count, except for scanning. and progress doesn't carry over through the next playthrough.

I know this specifically because I've literally wrote down the 250 lines I needed for the trophy and I got it exactly on the 250th line.

Really? You are like this first one that actually got it on 250th line =D

I'm doing that in my 3rd run because I wanted to grind navigation lines at the same time :)

And I'm officially a Hardcore Rise Fan! I got my trophy on the 250th line "Looking sharp, Chie-senpai" and those lines are all from random mob fights, not boss fights, which is quite strange because I've already fought Shadow Mitsuo and Shadow Teddie and they are both supposed to add 2 lines each to the tally (and I'm pretty sure I heard those lines). Do boss lines really count toward the trophy?

Really? You are like this first one that actually got it on 250th line =D

Do you actually read this thread Satosh'? :D

Must have missed that =D 

But wow, you both got it on 250 lines? That's surprising =D 

Seriously, you are like the first ones. I read many others also did a checklist (me included) and it popped on 270 and above. 

That's why I'm geniuelly surprised :D

I only counted battles lines with the Rise icon. No costume lines, no out-of-battle lines, no scanning lines, no boss lines :)

I hope players still scan because there are instances where you don't see Rise's lines for a couple of turns, but when you do it and go back to the battle screen, you see her lines. Maybe her voice doesn't count WHEN you scan, but it does prompts lines afterwards. That's what I did, anyway.

• Like 1

If you're still accepting, I'm in! I've been playing it here and there over the last few weeks, in the Naoto dungeon at the moment (first playthrough).

Rise is causing me stress already, more so for fear of missing it though lol... if I don't get it in at worst my second playthrough, I think it's potentially gonna make me give up, lol.

Edited by LukaLaurent

If you're still accepting, I'm in! I've been playing it here and there over the last few weeks, in the Naoto dungeon at the moment (first playthrough).

Rise is causing me stress already, more so for fear of missing it though lol... if I don't get it in at worst my second playthrough, I think it's potentially gonna make me give up, lol.

My advice would be to not focus on HRF on a first playthrough. Just enjoy the game and finish everything you didn't get in a second playthrough :)

• Like 1

My advice would be to not focus on HRF on a first playthrough. Just enjoy the game and finish everything you didn't get in a second playthrough :)

Ahh I over exaggerate the stress lol. I'm giving it a solid go, hoping that I can get it so I can cruise through my second playthrough! But second playthrough is also a back up. Worth a shot. :)

Ahh I over exaggerate the stress lol. I'm giving it a solid go, hoping that I can get it so I can cruise through my second playthrough! But second playthrough is also a back up. Worth a shot. :)

My advice is actually the complete opposite and I recommend to get HRF during the first playthrough. That way you won't have to worry about overleveling during the second playthrough when you can use fused and registered personas that are higher than your own level.

• Like 1

My advice is actually the complete opposite and I recommend to get HRF during the first playthrough. That way you won't have to worry about overleveling during the second playthrough when you can use fused and registered personas that are higher than your own level.

But that's under assumption you need to be underleveled which is not the case =D

Ailments are more important than levels =D

But that's under assumption you need to be underleveled which is not the case =D

Ailments are more important than levels =D

There are a few lines Rise says when being underleveled and being sort of equal leveled. It's easy to get the overleveled lines by revisiting the first dungeon.

There are a few lines Rise says when being underleveled and being sort of equal leveled. It's easy to get the overleveled lines by revisiting the first dungeon.

That is sorta my problem now. I finished the Heaven dungeon at level 63 and got nothing but easy-leveled monster lines. The only lines I get that are even close to over-leveled enemies are bosses or optional bosses. I got some new lines though, mainly for Naoto along with a few new status aliment lines, but that is about it. I got maybe....3 or 4 lines from the Heaven dungeon boss? I cannot remember. I was told in the last two dungeons that you start getting lines like crazy since there are enemies starting at level 68+, but I could be wrong of course.

That is sorta my problem now. I finished the Heaven dungeon at level 63 and got nothing but easy-leveled monster lines. The only lines I get that are even close to over-leveled enemies are bosses or optional bosses. I got some new lines though, mainly for Naoto along with a few new status aliment lines, but that is about it. I got maybe....3 or 4 lines from the Heaven dungeon boss? I cannot remember. I was told in the last two dungeons that you start getting lines like crazy since there are enemies starting at level 68+, but I could be wrong of course.

You don't need that many high-level monsters ;) The amount of lines is small compared to all ailments :)

That sucks, which difficulty are you playing on? If it's normal or higher you may be able to get some equal leveled lines from the last dungeon. 

You don't need that many high-level monsters ;) The amount of lines is small compared to all ailments :)

I have every other aliment (excluding some for Naoto) besides Dizzy for every other character. Dizzy is really the only aliment I do not have for the exception of Yukiko. I have the death and about to die lines, Silenced, Rage, Poison, Exhaustion, Panic, and Enervation for everyone. I do not, however, have Enervation, Dizzy, or Exhaustion for Naoto, but I do for everyone else. Getting Dizzy is almost impossible unless they are weak to an element, but Naoto isn't weak against anything - so that seems pointless to get. I also have the stat debuffs from enemies for everyone. So, pretty much either I get the trophy or I have to start all over again, which is bound to happen for me at least.

That sucks, which difficulty are you playing on? If it's normal or higher you may be able to get some equal leveled lines from the last dungeon. 

Easy as of now. I figured playing on Easy would make my life harder, but wasn't sure seeing as I never played Persona RPG before. If you ask me, normal is a huge step up from what I consider normal difficulty. But hey, at least I'll get my social links trophy hopefully out of the way during my first run. I have everyone at 7, 8 or 9 as of now and Nanako and Dojima were maxed out way before the Heaven dungeon.

I have:

• Chie - maxed
  • Yukiko - maxed
  • Dojima - maxed
  • Nanako - maxed
  • Daisuke - maxed

And I did these while just playing the game normally.

Difficulty and Social Link isn't that important. I was pretty overleveled for most of the game, did all dungeons twice to beat the optional bosses, raised Rise's Social Link pretty fast and still got it on my first playthrough on Secret Lab, which I think is as fast as you can get it. As long as you switch up your party frequently and make sure to get Rise's line whenever someone gets an ailment, you'll get it sooner or later.

Easy as of now. I figured playing on Easy would make my life harder, but wasn't sure seeing as I never played Persona RPG before. If you ask me, normal is a huge step up from what I consider normal difficulty. But hey, at least I'll get my social links trophy hopefully out of the way during my first run. I have everyone at 7, 8 or 9 as of now and Nanako and Dojima were maxed out way before the Heaven dungeon.

I have:

• Chie - maxed
  • Yukiko - maxed
  • Dojima - maxed
  • Nanako - maxed
  • Daisuke - maxed

And I did these while just playing the game normally.

Ok, nice work with the social links :yay:.

Did you also get lines for beating 2, 3, 4, and 5 enemies with one attack for every character? And hitting enemies with elements they're weak, resistant, and immune against (this also applies for physical attacks)? I believe there's also one for damage being reflected back.